final final ; :]

serendipity ;

With the release of their song coming up soon, Jihyo and Tzuyu spent almost all of their time together in the practice booth at Tzuyu’s company. They were working hard to get the song out in time. Of course, they spent a lot of that time teasing each other and playing around, rather than actually working to finish it. But, a little bit of a break was always nice between the two of them. There were times where they weren’t motivated enough to continue practicing but being with each other made things a lot better.

The media were loving the idea of a duet between the top artists of the two countries. Fans couldn’t wait until the song was released; they were on their toes! On top of that, both Jihyo and Tzuyu were set up for a few live performances in Taiwan before they had some more in Korea as well. Tzuyu had yet to take Jihyo out to visit landmarks across the country – they had to wait until they finished the song and their live performances. She was really itching to just sneak her out instead.

“Tzuyu, I think we’re finally done.” Jihyo sighed as they finished their vocal recording.

“Let’s just wait for the producers. I want to be out of here already. There are so many places I want to take you.” Tzuyu mumbled.

“You want to take me places huh?” Jihyo teased, leaning forward to brush Tzuyu’s hair behind her ear.

“You’re in my home country. It’s the least I can do.” Tzuyu explained, closing her eyes for a few moments.

The two of them broke apart as the producer walked towards them. They sat patiently, waiting for a response – and hopefully a sign that they were done.

“Good job girls. You’re officially done. The live performance will be in a few days, so get ready for that! Rest up.”

Jihyo and Tzuyu grinned, grabbing their belongings and almost running out of the room. Momo and Jieqiong stood outside of the room, arms crossed as they reached them.

“Home.” Momo demanded.

“What? Just let me stay with her for a little while!” Jihyo whined.

“Who said I wasn’t going to take her with you?” Jieqiong scoffed, rolling her eyes. “This brat has been on my tail, asking me to let you two hang out. If you’re not in the open, it’ll be fine. Just stay low – don’t leave the house.”

Tzuyu grinned, leaning over to hug her manager. Someone cleared their throat behind her and she broke the embrace to see Jihyo glaring at her.

“Jealous already?” Jieqiong teased, flustering Jihyo.

“N-no.” Jihyo stuttered, making both Momo and Jieqiong laugh.

“Come on Jihyo. Let’s get you two home.” Momo teased, earning a groan from Jihyo.

Tzuyu chuckled and shook her head, pulling her guitar around her back as they headed out of different exits. She was immediately swarmed with fans as she left, most asking about her collaboration with Jihyo. She politely answered fans, hoping that Jihyo didn’t suffer the same swarm of people around her on the other side. When Jieqiong thought it was enough, she kindly asked for a way through to the van. The fans nodded, parting in the middle and letting Tzuyu through.

She sighed once she sat inside, resting her head against her seat. She felt like more people were standing outside of the agency now that she was doing this collaboration. It felt overwhelming to have so many people surrounding her when she walked around. If this was going to be the case, would Tzuyu be able to Jihyo around anywhere?

“Did the amount of people increase?” Tzuyu muttered.

“Mhmm. Ever since the announcement of your collaboration, you’ve had a surge in the number of fans and goods being sold. Your previous albums have almost become out of stock all over again. You even had a rise on the charts.” Jieqiong answered.

“That big of an effect?” Tzuyu gasped, surprised by the extent of the popularity increase.

“As soon as it was announced, it was already hyped up. That’s why the company was pushing you guys to finish your song soon. You two managed to finish earlier than planned. Fans are really excited for this, you know? The fancafe was exploding with comments.” Jieqiong added.

“I guess it’s a good thing we met then.” Tzuyu chuckled.

“I never thought you’d be that quick to start dating someone.” Jieqiong teased.

“Me neither. But it’s just different with Jihyo. She came in and everything seemed so much brighter with her by my side. I’ve never felt so motivated before.” Tzuyu smiled thinking about Jihyo.

“It will be hard dating an idol from another country too Tzuyu…  but I’m sure you guys will be able to do it. Especially since you’re such a cheeseball.” Jieqiong snorted and Tzuyu slapped her shoulder.

“How long will it take to get there?” Tzuyu asked impatiently.

“Maybe five minutes. Have you even thought about what you two are going to do?” Jieqiong teased, panicking Tzuyu.

“No! I was just thinking of having a relaxed time with her – maybe just cuddling or watching a movie. I didn’t think things through.” Tzuyu groaned.

“That’s good. What’s wrong with that?” Jieqiong frowned.

“Isn’t it too simple?” Tzuyu contemplated.

“You literally just started dating. What do you want to do? You have to be low key so I’m sure Jihyo would understand. Maybe you two could also practice your song.” Jieqiong suggested.

“We’ve been doing that song for so long, I don’t want to touch it for the rest of the night.” Tzuyu mumbled.

“Then just relax and go with the flow. Just enjoy yourselves.” Jieqiong shrugged as she drove into Jihyo’s driveway. “They’re renting this place out, so I’m sure no one around would know you two. You can go for a walk or something.”

“Thanks, Jie.” Tzuyu grinned, feeling calmer.

She walked out of the van, glancing around in case someone had followed them. Tzuyu was never one to take risks with her fans – they’ve followed her to her friends’ places before and it took a lot to escape them that time.

Nervousness filled her veins as she found herself by the front door. She was about to put her fist to the wood when it was opened wide, a smile greeting her on the other side. Jihyo stood there, towel over her shoulders – probably from just coming out of the shower. Tzuyu returned the smile, taking Jihyo’s hand that she offered to her.

“You’re nervous.” Jihyo murmured as she pulled Tzuyu inside her place.

“Mhmm. Being alone with you after this tiring week feels a little scary.” Tzuyu confessed.

“Well, we can’t let that happen!” Jihyo chuckled, cradling Tzuyu’s cheek and pulling her down to place a kiss on her forehead. “Let’s go to the living room. I ordered dinner, I hope you don’t mind.”

“Of course, I wouldn’t mind. I’m famished from all the practicing today so I could probably eat a lot at once.” Tzuyu chuckled.

It was true. The two of them had been so busy with their song rehearsal that she had rarely been eating ever since they started. It was all work, work, work.

“I think you might have ordered for a party.” Tzuyu muttered as Jihyo stood by looking guilty.

“I didn’t know what you liked in specific. And, I haven’t seen you at all this week – I feel like you’ve lost weight.” Jihyo frowned.

Tzuyu became flustered as she realised how much effort and thought Jihyo had put into this and how much she’d been observing her over the week they’d been practicing.

“Maybe I ate at home.” Tzuyu huffed.

“You were home for rarely a few hours – I’m sure you only slept and rested in that time.” Jihyo scoffed, crossing her arms as she glared at Tzuyu.

“Okay, I promise to eat better from now on!” Tzuyu smiled, easing Jihyo’s worries a little bit.

“I’ll feed you myself if you don’t eat.” Jihyo snickered.

“Well, I wouldn’t mind.” Tzuyu bluntly confessed, making Jihyo blush.

“… Just start eating.” Jihyo babbled, pulling out a seat for Tzuyu as she chuckled at Jihyo’s behaviour.

The two girls dug in as soon as they sat, leaving no room for conversation at the dinner table. Honestly speaking, Jihyo didn’t know what went through her mind when she ordered so many things for their dinner together. She wanted to ask Tzuyu’s manager about what she liked to eat but there was no chance for her to talk to her.

“This kimchi is nice.” Tzuyu pointed out.

“Out of all the things you saw on the table, you pointed that out?” Jihyo remained shocked with Tzuyu’s confession.

“Yeah, I like everything – of course. But that was just really nice.” Tzuyu complimented. “Why are you blushing?”

“I’m not blushing! I’m just flustered. I can’t believe you liked the only think that’s made by me on the table.” Jihyo muttered, hiding her face in her palms.

“It’s not a surprise that you’re talented with this as well.” Tzuyu continued to flatter.

“Hey! Stop it.” Jihyo whined, not realising that Tzuyu had come up right next to her.

“Why? It’s true. my girlfriend is a talented singer, song writer and even a cook.” Tzuyu teased, crouching next to Jihyo.

“I’m not.” Jihyo denied.

“You are. And you know what else? She’s a good thief too.” Tzuyu added, confusing Jihyo.

“How am I a thief.” Jihyo sulked.

“You stole my heart.” Tzuyu cringed as she said the words, placing a kiss on Jihyo’s cheek and heading to the sink. She was suffering from extreme embarrassment from just saying those words to Jihyo.

“Hey smooth talker, you didn’t even eat a lot!” Jihyo complained.

“My thief can eat it on my behalf.” Tzuyu chuckled.

“I’m going to die eating all of this.” Jihyo groaned.

“You ordered this much, now you’ll be the one to suffer too.” Tzuyu smiled, patting Jihyo’s head.

“At least take some home with you?” Jihyo suggested, pulling a pout on Tzuyu that melted her immediately.

“Fine.” Tzuyu sighed. Jihyo stood up suddenly, engulfing her in a big hug she couldn’t help but return.

“You’re cute.” Jihyo confessed.

The redness on Tzuyu’s cheeks made her squeal further and Tzuyu whined, hiding her face in the crook of Jihyo’s neck.

“Let’s watch a movie.” Tzuyu suggested, trying to escape the situation.

“Tsk, tsk. Just because you want to change the subject. Alright – go pick a movie. I’ll pack all of these and come to you.” Jihyo nodded, pushing Tzuyu towards her mini theatre room.

Tzuyu took her time choosing a movie, not really caring about the plot. She just wanted to spend more time with Jihyo instead. But also, they had to choose something of shorter length since she’d have to be leaving soon. She placed something in the DVD player before sitting on the couch, waiting for Jihyo.

She appeared a few minutes later, with cans of Coke and some popcorn. Tzuyu chuckled as she struggled to balance them all, grabbing something off her hands to help her instead.

“You could’ve asked me to come and help.” Tzuyu shook her head.

“You’re technically a guest.” Jihyo replied, sticking out her tongue.

“Fine, fine. I’m going to die from all the unhealthy food we’re eating tonight but I don’t mind since I’m with you. Come sit here.” Tzuyu sighed, patting the spot next to her.

Jihyo jumped onto the spot, curling herself by Tzuyu’s side as they played the movie. She couldn’t really pay attention to it when Tzuyu was lying down right next to her. She felt sleepy half way through the movie and she found herself drifting off to sleep, tucked against Tzuyu’s neck.

Tzuyu smiled when she realised that Jihyo had fallen asleep in her arms. She knew Jihyo was tired when she’d already started yawning at the start of the movie. She carefully lifted Jihyo up, carrying her to her room – or what she thought was her room. Tzuyu tucked her in, pulling the blankets over her and placing a lingering kiss on her forehead (she also sneakily took a picture of her but that’s a secret).

Jieqiong arrived a little while later, picking Tzuyu up and taking her back to her place. She couldn’t help the smile that remained on her face as she thought about how adorably sweet Jihyo was. They didn’t even practice their song but she didn’t mind. They were ready for their performance in two days.

“Had a good time?” Jieqiong teased.

“Mhmm. I’m glad I got to spend some time with her.” Tzuyu grinned.

“Jesus, don’t smile so wild, I think I’ll go blind. I’m glad she made you feel happy. You guys were literally looking like you needed a break. I think this was it. Rest up tonight and tomorrow. You need to be ready for your performance.” Jieqiong advised, earning a excited nod from Tzuyu.

She was very excited about their performance. She couldn’t believe she was going to be on a stage with her girlfriend, performing in front of hundreds to thousands of fans and attendees in front of them. It was so thrilling knowing Jihyo would be her companion through this. And it all started in Japan.

---

It was finally the day of the performance and the two girls stood behind the stage, nervous to their toes. Tzuyu couldn’t count the number of times that Jihyo had already sighed next to her and if she did it one more time, she would seriously have to do something about it.

Another sigh.

Realising no one was beside them but their managers, Tzuyu turned Jihyo to face her, frowning as she picked up on how anxious she was. Maybe it was the fact that she was in another country – Tzuyu was sure she would be the same if she were to perform in Korea.

“Breathe love.” Tzuyu whispered, squeezing Jihyo’s shoulders to comfort her. “We’re going to go out there, and we’re going to perform like we did in Japan. We’re going to do well like we practiced. We can do this. You can do this.”

Jihyo nodded, a small smile on her face present as a result from Tzuyu’s motivating speech. She held onto Tzuyu’s hand, squeezing it tightly as the host announced that they were to go on stage. It was only one song. They’d done this plenty of times – one more time wouldn’t change anything, even if it was in front of a foreign crowd.

“Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome the rising star of Taiwan, Chou Tzuyu, alongside Korean sensation, Park Jihyo. Please give the girls a warm welcome!” The host announced.

Jihyo in a deep breath as she scanned the enormous crowd in front of her. But what made her freeze in her spot was that they were all cheering for them. The screams were deafening and it was for the two of them. Tzuyu shot her a concerned look but Jihyo shook her head, pulling the guitar from her back as she sat next to Tzuyu on the couch that fit in with the set up around them. She closed her eyes as the beats to their song started, taking a deep breath and opening her eyes.

She was greeted with Tzuyu’s smile, who was looking at her with an amused expression, as she nodded to Jihyo to start the strumming for the song first. Jihyo felt more comfortable and confident as each second ticked by. And, with Tzuyu by her side, she knew she could do this well – without a hitch.

Tzuyu started the song as Jihyo strummed on, both of them were basically lost in their own world as they poured their feelings into the lyrics.

Do you know how much I want you
There’s no way to count my feelings with numbers
Someday if someone can find the end of numbers
But my heart will be a little bigger
No one (Maybe)

It felt like it was just like yesterday when Tzuyu had forgotten to get Jihyo’s number after their duet at the park. She shook her head as she sang, intertwining their pinkies together.

Even with all the numbers in the world (my finger)
My feelings can’t be expressed
I can’t count it
But I wish that you knew
How my heart became bigger
Again from just now

Jihyo was grateful. She never thought she’d find someone so amazing in her life. She literally fell in love at first sight. As soon as she spotted Tzuyu playing her guitar under the tree, Jihyo was left speechless with her immaculate beauty. And then, getting to know her more, she fell so deep and so quick, she hadn’t even realised what hit her.

Nowhere you can’t find
Someone like me
Alright, nothing can express
All of my feelings

With you, with you

Tzuyu still finds it embarrassing how she was bawling her eyes out because she didn’t get Jihyo’s number. But she hadn’t expected fate to help her back to Jihyo. She spent her entire flight back thinking about how she was never going to see her again, only to be greeted with the chance for the collaboration.

How much I think about you
I can’t write down all of my feelings in letters either
Even when I add up
All the words that I know
(oh know, know, know)
My heart will be lovelier than that
oh, oh

From all the silly behaviour of the week, the few minutes of the day where they rested, Jihyo’s heart felt like it was going to pop out of her chest. Tzuyu’s laughter was like music to her ears. Her dimple made her brain freeze. Her little compliments and random affection made her heart race. But she never knew how to say that out loud.

No words in the world can express
All of my feelings
I can’t write it down
But I wish you knew
I wish that you would understand
My heart which became bigger again from just now

They sang together, the union of their voices making the crowd watch them in awe. Tzuyu gazed at Jihyo, holding her hand behind their guitars. The two sang with perfect balance, never looking away from each other’s eyes. Their minds were racing with the relatability of the song, remembering everything since they first met.

Nowhere you can’t find
Someone like me (you can’t find)
(Alright) Nothing can express
All of my feelings

Nowhere you can’t find
Someone like me

Someone like me
Someone like me

As Jihyo started singing, she heard a quick intake of breath from Tzuyu and she looked over in concern. Tzuyu shook her head slightly. She was taken aback by the beauty of Jihyo’s voice each time she heard it. It never failed to put a smile on her face when she saw her sing with so much raw passion and energy. Jihyo was beautiful.

Not enough with numbers
And not enough with words
Nothing in the world
Can express all of my feelings

Nowhere (oh nowhere nowhere)
I can’t find
(I can’t find)
Someone like me (someone like me)
Nothing in the world can express
All of my heart

Nowhere (yeah)
I can’t find (Alright alright)
Someone like me (now here we go, go up)
(Alright) Nothing in the world can express
All of my heart

Somehow, I want to show you
All of my heart

The crowd went wild as Jihyo and Tzuyu finished their song. This is what Jihyo liked. How the crowd responded to performances. It made her feel proud that she chose this career. The two girls bowed as they left the stage, feeling the adrenaline from performing coursing through their veins now. They headed towards their changing rooms, greeting artists as they passed them.

“Didn’t I tell you that you’d be amazing.” Tzuyu complimented as they closed the door behind them when they entered their room.

“I was performing like that, because I had this amazing person I collaborated with. And, she gave me a cute motivating speech before we went on stage. So, it’s all thanks to that one person.” Jihyo chuckled, giving Tzuyu an eskimo kiss.

“Eh, I think it was a team effort.” Tzuyu chuckled, hugging Jihyo tightly.

“Do you think they would have picked up on our feelings in the song?” Jihyo mumbled.

“Hmm… most likely. We rarely kept our eyes off each other and smiled throughout the entire performance. Some sneaky photographers would’ve also gotten photos of when we held hands.” Tzuyu replied.

“Watch it be plastered across news tomorrow.” Jihyo laughed, snuggling against Tzuyu.

“Then, we should probably make the most out of the time we have left before neither of us can leave our houses.” Tzuyu suggested.

“Oh yeah? And what did you have in mind.” Jihyo asked, resting her chin on Tzuyu’s shoulder.

“Obviously, something that isn’t a movie. I don’t want you to fall asleep when we’re out.” Tzuyu teased, making Jihyo blush.

“For your information, I was really sleepy!” Jihyo whined.

“I was thinking we could go out to sightsee. Somewhere quiet. We can wear our face masks and caps so it’s less obvious.” Tzuyu offered.

“Why would we wear caps at night. That’ll just make things more suspicious.” Jihyo pointed out.

“True. Scrap the hats. Maybe wear a beanie. It’s cold outside.” Tzuyu nodded.

“Good. Means I can hold your hand.” Jihyo smiled.

“You don’t need a reason to hold my hand.” Tzuyu responded smoothly, pulling Jihyo’s hand up and kissing the back of it.

“Okay! Let’s get ready. I want to get out of this and into something warmer.” Jihyo whined, feeling too shy in Tzuyu’s embrace.

“If we get out fast enough, we might be able to make it Treasure Hill before the sun sets there.” Tzuyu grinned, glad to have the chance to show Jihyo to one place.

“Jie, can you take us to my place.” Tzuyu asked her manager as they left the room.

“Treasure Hill? Hmm, let me just check with Momo. It should be fine as long as you stay away from the main area and wear your masks.” Jieqiong nodded, walking away.

“What’s so special about this place?” Jihyo questioned, feeling intrigued.

“It’s a village I used to visit when I wanted to relax. It’s a hidden gem of Taiwan.” Tzuyu explained.

“Hidden gem huh? I’m sure it’ll be beautiful then.” Jihyo laughed.

“Let’s go then.” Jieqiong popped up out of nowhere, scaring the two girls.

“How about when we go to Korea, I can take you around places too.” Jihyo suggested as they climbed into the van.

“You know what, I think that would be a good trade for this.” Tzuyu laughed, making Jihyo chuckle as well. She reached over to grab her hand, intertwining their hands together.

“I’m glad I met someone like you.” Tzuyu confessed cheesily, making Jihyo groan.

“I can’t believe you used our song.” Jihyo shook her head. “I’m glad we met in Japan.” She mumbled, turning to face Tzuyu.

Tzuyu didn’t respond to her words because she was too caught up in Jihyo’s eyes, that she really loved more than anything. She loved the gentleness it had and she loved how fierce they could become when she was angry. She was glad Jihyo was expressive, unlike herself.

She leaned forward, cupping Jihyo’s jaw as she placed her lips over hers. Tzuyu heard the gasp that escaped Jihyo’s mouth, and she smiled against the kiss, feeling Jihyo slip her arms around Tzuyu’s waist.

Tzuyu kissed her in the way that stole Jihyo’s breath away.

She kissed her like she surrendered her heart to her.

She kissed her like she loved her.

Because she did.


A/N: Hello everyone~ a lot of you asked for a sequel, so here it is ^^

I hope you like it!

P.S: The song they sang was TWICE's Someone Like Me!

- Z.