001

"Sae" It With This Love Song

Β 

🚺🚺🚺

Being an independent singer/songwriter is a pretty difficult life. Promoting myself is difficult considering there is no interest in nobody's; especially one who isn't with a popular label. Most times I post songs, mine or covers, on YouTube to gain a fanbase of sorts. I has a few thousand subscribers, but didn't think it really meant anything.

There was one subscriber who seemed to comment on most, if not all, my videos. Simple things like, β€œAnother amazing cover/song! Keep at it!” Not going to lie, I always looked forward to their comment after posting a video. It really kept me motivated.

They soon asked to meet in person. In one of their comments they mentioned they lived in Seoul, so I knew we were in the same area, which I would have never guessed. I agreed, but only in a public area, so I suggested a popular cafe in the heart of the city.

D-day came and I got really nervous. I sipped my lychee smoothie and thought about this person. Knowing it was a guy by some of the comments, I couldn't help but imagine what he’d look like. Handsome? Typical? Nerdy? Trendy?

Gosh I need to stop being so shallow. I shook my head.

β€œ[insert imaginary YouTube name]?”

I looked up to the deep voice and raised my eyebrow when I saw a guy with a hoodie and glasses.

β€œmtg_7?” I ask skeptically.

He nods with a smile. β€œSorry I have to look like this. I have to hide my face from the public.” He said lowly while sitting across from me.

I wanted to laugh and I guess it showed since he flashed another cute smile, looking a little embarrassed.

β€œYeah, I’m sure you don't believe me huh?”

I shrugged not really knowing what to say.

β€œI mean what would you think if one of your profile pic-less subscribers wanted to meet in person and when you get to finally meet them in person they tell you they’re too famous to show you their face?”

He chuckled at my answer.

β€œI know. And I did, but then you suggested this place. And props to you for agreeing to meet a stranger, especially in a public area.” He leaned toward and smirked. β€œBut you really don't want to be seen with me in public.” He leaned back quickly as I thought about what he said.

β€œC’mon, follow me.” He said suddenly and soon his seat was empty.

β€œWhere are we going?” I quickly picked up my bag and drink to follow.

β€œJust follow me.” He smiled.

Gosh. I could just look at his smile all day. I had to blink to come back to reality.

He started slowing down when we got to a park. There were some families, but it was getting dark, so not too many. I looked around with a questionable expression.