fin.

Hello, U!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Water splashed in small waves, hitting rocks every so often against its will. He held his legs out and lips curled when the water splashed his feet; his toes curling at the cool sensation. He leaned his back just as slightly with his arms fully supporting his weight on each side, his face pointing upwards with closed eyes as he basked in the sun light that shone against his pale skin, gust of wind blowing the mops of blond to the side unceremoniously but the corners of his lips curved up even more. So calming, so peaceful; the sound of waves dissipated into letters, words; shaping, creating sentence after sentence in his head; his hand, simultaneously, tapping along unconsciously to some sort of tune as he hummed.

 

A shutter went off.

 

And his eyes flew open, the movement of his hand stopped instantaneously. All the words in his head crumbled and melody slowly dissolved into nothingness as his ear buzzed with growing irritation. His head snapped to his right.

 

The source of his annoyance turned out to be in the form of a man with fair skin that glistened under the sunlight and strong build that didn't quite fit with his puffy cheeks and child-like face. His scarlet hair seemed to burn under the light, glowing, along with a smile that stretched out and he looked rather embarrassed, like hed been caught doing something he shouldnt have.

 

"Opps?" said the red-head with a grin, unabashed, and his inside boiled at the sight.

 

"What-" he went to say, words of discontent at the tip of his tongue, but as the man started to walk towards him, he suddenly lost his balance against the uneven rocks and fell with a dull thud, and all the words melted into a frown. "The hell," he finished instead.

 

"Oh thank god!" exclaimed the stranger in relief but Yoongi was sure the man was in pain.

 

"What the hell are you doing?" Yoongi asked, not bothering to move.

 

"I'm enjoying the feeling of rocks against my body?" the stranger replied sarcastically, hissing before rolling his eyes. The accent that dripped along the words was too obvious to miss. "I fell, obviously."

 

"I can see that", replied Yoongi, rolling his eyes. "But instead of saving yourself, you decided to save your camera?"

 

"Hey don't judge! Its precious"! the man argued indignantly as he stood, hissing. As he moved to pat the dirt off his shirt Yoongi noticed the scraps on his knee and his frown deepened.

 

"You have cuts on your knee," he told before he could stop himself, pointing a finger in the direction of the said knee.

 

The man looked down instinctively before looking back up, scoffing. "Yeah, thanks for telling," replied him curtly.

 

"What?" Yoongi questioned, brow rising at the brusque tone.

 

"No. Nothing", the man shook his head quickly, the smile back on his face, although a little strained around the edges. He walked next to Yoongi and asked, "Can I sit here?" but he already took a seat beside him before Yoongi could even let a word out, warily looking at him with scrutinizing eyes as he plopped down. A musky scent invaded his senses.

 

"I'm Jimin", said the man as he sat. He turned, flashing a smile. "Park Jimin", he finished. He copied the blond haired males sitting position, stretching his legs up front. The water hit his feet almost instantly and his smile widened.

 

"Min- Yoongi," said him almost out of instinct, a little taken aback at the sudden proximity. The man – Park Jimin  had conveniently sat himself mere inches from Yoongi, their arms brushing as Jimin untangled the camera from his neck, putting it down on his other side. If he noticed the uncomfortable look on Yoongis face, Jimin didn't voice it out. 

 

Yoongi slid to his left ever so slowly, quietly, and the pounding in his chest slowed down to a normal beat.

 

Jimin looked at him skeptically but there was a quirk at one end of his lips, looking a little amused. "Is that even your real name? You sound unsure."

 

Yoongi cleared his throat and try again, with confidence this time. "It's Yoongi. I'm Min Yoongi."

 

“Min Yoongi," Jimin pronounced the word, every syllable rolling off his tongue so easily. There was a satisfied smile spreading across his face before he looked at the other again.  With brows disappearing behind his fringe, he uttered, "You don't look like you're from here."

 

"You don't sound like you're from here either," retorted Yoongi easily, wittily. 

 

Jimin laughed in amusement. "Well, you're right." He grinned. "I'm from Busan."

 

"I knew it!" Yoongi whispered in triumph, lips tugging with a faint smile. "I'm from Seoul," he informed. 

 

"Cool!" exclaimed Jimin, looking genuinely excited. "So," he continued rather enthusiastically. "What does a Seoul boy doing in Jeju Island? Are you here on a vacation? Are you with someone? Family?"

 

"I could ask you the same thing, Busan boy," said Yoongi instead, looking down, and his eyes involuntarily landed on the scraped knee. His lips formed a thin line unconsciously. He didn't voice his concern.

 

Gust of wind blew mops of scarlet, effectively blocking Jimins sight. He blew his fringe out of his eyes but moved to slide it to the side with his hand when few strands stubbornly wouldn't budge.

 

"I flew here alone -- for assignment purposes," supplied Jimin with a shrug. "Well, kind of? But in all honesty I just want to get away from everything for at least a day or two. I have to go back tomorrow though." His sentence was followed by a pout that didnt go unnoticed by Yoongi.

 

"What a coincidence," Yoongi commented, surprised. He absentmindedly wriggled a small rock in his palm. "I needed inspiration for a song and I heard Jeju's so peaceful-"

 

"Wait, wait, wait," Jimin cut off, head snapping to look at the other male and a grin slowly formed on his face. "You write songs?" he asked enthusiastically. "So you're a musician."

 

"I major in music composition so--"

 

"What- that's cool! I'm a dance major. And just happens to join photography club so this--" Jimin held up his camera, waving it in front of the other. "--is my assignment."

 

"So you also find the art of photography fun and cool," Yoongi commented with a faint nod, the corner of his lips curling up in a faint smile.

 

"I feel content looking at things from behind the lens. Others may think I'm speaking nonsense but looking at things through the lens helps me see things differently, as if I see the beauty of the world that nobody else sees you know?" Jimin said and there was a soft smile painted on his face.

 

"It's a good feeling," agreed Yoongi, because he understood that completely. When he was not coped up in his room writing music and composing songs, he'd pick his camera up and let his feet led him to wherever it wanted him to be, capturing moments after moments; and he could be taking pictures of the sky and the clouds, or the trees and the flowers, and he would still feel like he had accomplished something so significant. "Too bad I forgot to bring mine so I'm left with this," the man held up his phone.

 

"Indeed," Jimin nodded and the shutter went off.

 

Yoongi's head snapped and Jimin was smiling as he looked at the photo he had just took on his camera and Yoongi didn't have the heart to scold or even muster up a glare. "I know beauty when I see one."

 

Yoongi cocked a brow. "Are you saying Im beautiful?"

 

Jimin just shrugged his shoulder with an ambiguous smile across his face. "So how does it work for you? I mean, writing lyrics and composing? Thats a lot of work! Like, how do you get ideas? Does it come when you want it to? Or do you force it out of your head? How?"

 

Jimin seemed eager, his eyes twinkled with genuine curiosity and Yoongi couldn't help the warm spreading in his chest. 

 

"Well, it depends. When inspiration hit, the words just write by itself. Sometimes it comes along with beats but other times raw tunes play in my head out of nowhere and I just throw in words here and there until they make sense."

 

He didn't know how and why but words just cascaded off his mouth like never before. It probably had to do with the subject; anything that was related to music has always made him giddy, turning him to a babbling mess. Or maybe the fact that Jimin looked genuinely interested in the topic of music that made his heart tingled and his chest warm. Either way, he's just so happy.

 

Jimin, on the other hand, looked amazed. There was nothing else but awe painting his face, his eyes sparkled as his mouth agape. "Wow!"

 

"It's nothing, really," shrugged Yoongi, trying to look nonchalant. Jimin raised a brow so the former quickly added, "I mean, everyone can write decent lyrics if they want to. And composing songs aren't that hard compare to dancing-"

 

"Are you kidding me", Jimin interrupted, incredulous. "If I were given two choices between music and dance, I'd choose dance again without a second thought.That's how hard I find making music is."

 

"That's because you're good at it," reasoned Yoongi. "You're probably as good at dancing as I am bad at it."

 

Jimin waved Yoongi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter