The Meeting.

An Arranged Love Story

As soon as we entered the lobby and gave our name, we were ushered to a private booth where my grandparents and the guy’s family were waiting for us.

When we entered many pair of eyes turned to our side, making me uncomfortable. I looked my feet feeling so awkward, and want to hide away from here.

After the usual greeting between the elders, we were asked to sit. My place was next to the guy whom I assume is the guy who is here to meet me.

I was nervous to sit on that chair when I felt my mother gently forcing me to sit by pressing my body down by my shoulders. I barely got to settle in or say a word before I felt all the elders watching both of us with expressions I can’t name. Sigh.

“Meet our son, Luhan, dear.” Mrs. Lu said to me in a gentle voice.

Now I have no other way than to be polite an acknowledge him.

Turning to his side I gave him a small smile, which was ignored smoothly much to my comfort. He didn’t seem like to enjoying much here, moreover judging by his reaction, he wanted this lunch to end as soon as possible.

He had a face of a young guy, but his eyes were cold which gave me chills.

“Hello. I’m Seo Joo Hyun.” I introduced myself with a small bow, for which he just nodded a little and turned his attention to the person next to him, who was his cousin brother Sehun.

This situation came rolling by way too quickly for my comfort, and I found myself growing nervous and fidgety throughout the lunch. If anyone noticed my nervousness at all, they didn’t make any comments on it. All of them turned a blind eye towards my state of act.

Beads of sweats formed on my forehead, and suddenly it was little bit suffocating to breathe.

Suddenly I heard the chairs next to me move both Luhan and Sehun stood up, turning to me Sehun asked me “We are going to the garden, would you like to accompany us noona?” He asked in a kind voice with a small smile.

“Yes of course dear. She will be happy to go with you.” My mother replied for me when I was tongue tied and the room was dead silence watching and waiting for my reply.

Having no other choice than to accept, I nodded and took his hand which he showed to help me.

“Come on hyung” he nodded to Luhan who was still keeping a blank face.

The elders smiled seeing them trying to talk in private.

But Luhan’s mother was not happy, knowing her son and she was thinking how he will react when he comes to know for what purpose they are having this lunch now.

 

On the other side, Sehun Luhan and Seo hyun reached the garden when Luhan loosened hid tie with a frustrating sigh and Sehun  just exhaled dramatically with a goofy smile on his face.

Seo hyun saw both of them with a amused reaction, which she covered at once when Sehun turned to her side and wined playfully.

“These things are too boring and annoying isn’t it noona?” he asked ruffling his blond hair.

Seo hyun didn’t know how to answer for that because for her this was the first time, being in such a situation.

She shrugged a little and replied in a small voice, “I don’t know. This is my first time.”

Both Luhan and Sehun saw her with an unreadable expression for a second and looked at each other, the younger one scratched his forehead and asked her, “ You never had family dinner’s? Lunch? Before with the friends of your elders?”

“We had that kind of thing a lot of times.” Seo hyun corrected him and continued again, “This kind of meeting, for this marriage proposal is new to-”

“What????????” both Luhan and Sehun yelled in shocked voice scaring her and stop in mid sentence.