Chapter 2 (Part 2)

Ginger & Sage


Ginger's P.O.V

The bell rang; signaling the start of class. I watched as students excitedly ran into a room simply labeled "Gym". It was fortunate for me because gym just happened to be my first class. I walk into a large room, the walls were lined with various weapons and safety equipment. I walk to the bleachers and place myself in the midst of the students.

While I listen to the students idle chatter a surprisingly handsome guy walks through the door. As he makes his way to the bleachers he gives an intense stare analyzing all of us. It's silent for a brief moment before he yells "THE RULES!"

On que the whole class yells:

Rule one: Always look your opponent in the eye!

Rule two: Never underestimate your opponent!

Rule three: No mercy!

"With that being said I will now pair you up to spar." He began to ramble off names until he got to mine. Right before he could say my partners name and tall guy walked through the door.

"Sehun, so nice of you to join us today. Since you're late you can pair up with our new student." Suddenly all eyes were on me, followed by the sounds of students gossiping. Out of all the things I heard, one statement stood out the most: "This will be quick, Sehun is invincible."

The teacher beckons me to the front of the gymnasium. I reluctantly rise from my seat and make my way down the steps. We're lead to a well worn mat, upon further investigation I notice dried blood stains.

"Nervous?" I hear from above me.

"God?" I question as I look up

"Close enough sweetheart, why don't you see for yourself."

Once I realize that i'm not crazy I turn around and faced with a chest.

"Up here, sweetheart." a sarcastic voice says

I glance up and am met with a very good looking boy. "Well you're very cocky for-"

"C'mon kids enough with the chit chat."  He turns to me, "It's time to see what you got new blood."

This Sehun character chucks me a pair of gloves, and we suit up for the fight.

Before I can finish searching for potential weak spots I hear the word "begin!" Next thing I know I'm lying flat on the mat staring at the ceiling. I hear my fellow classmates snickering from the bleachers. Sehun wordlessly offers his hand to help me up. I take his hand and pull him down to the mat, then I used my momentum to jump on his back. Placing him in a chokehold. I hear gasp from the crowd, but my glory is short lived when he throws me over his back. He goes in for a for a shot to the head and I roll away onto my feet. I wasn't affected much by the way Sehun handled me. He had trained me for this. We always spent hours training for times like these. He always told me, "Fight or fight. You never back down, Ace." I smile at the sudden memory. Out of my peripheral vision I see Sehun rise to his feet. The look on his face lets me know that this is no longer a game.

One of the many things he taught me how to do was fight. Before I make any sudden moves his words echo in my head. "Fake a left punch, then, swing right hitting your opponent's jaw. Taking advantage of their shock, right hook and right uppercut, make another punch to their jaw. They will strike back in 2 seconds. Wait for it. Protect your left. Duck once your opponent has aimed for your face. Use your left leg to deliver a kick to their ribs. Use their pain to your advantage and strike again aiming for their stomach. Finish them off with one hard blow to his temple."

Or at least that's how it should've went. However, when I went to deliver the "kick to his ribs" Sehun swept (me off my feet) my supporting leg leaving me to collapse onto the floor.

"That's enough. Well done Sehun." The teacher says.

"Yehet!" Sehun yells triumphantly.

Once again Sehun offers me his hand, this time I simply take it.

"Not bad for new blood. Some of these kids have trained for years and still can't keep up with Sehun." the teacher tells me.

"Thanks Mr....."

"Oh. You can call me Coach Minho. Why don't you and Sehun take a breather while the rest of us take a lap." He gives me a rough pat on the back and walks toward the crowd of onlooking students.

We watched the students file out of the gym as they cheered Sehun on for his victory. As soon as we were left alone I spoke up "Yehet, huh?" Sehun looks over at me with a blank stare. "I've only known one other person to say such a ridiculous phrase, I called him noodle boy." At that Sehun's expression softened "Funny, I knew a girl who also called me noodle boy." While I thought about his response I studied his oddly familiar features. The way his tongue poked out before he spoke, the constant mischievous glint in his eyes and his slight lisp. At that moment it clicked. Oh Sehun. This was Oh Sehun, my childhood friend. I snap out of my thoughts when I feel a intense watchful stare. "Ohorat." I quickly say. Sehun sends me a playful smirk "Finally! Took you long enough." I stand there shooketh, how did my noodle boy turn into this four course meal.

"How'd you know it was me?" confusion clearly laced in my voice.

"You haven't changed much, if anything you went through puberty." Sehun said with a cocky smirk.

"Well now that I've recognized you, why are you here anyway?" I question.

"Now darling, that's a long story."

"I have time."

This is the continuation to a beautiful friendship.