8: Careful

Too Much but I Like IT

 







Taehyung scans at the various selections of seashells while tracing each details with his finger. Eyes b in fascination at each delicate and smooth texture each one had. He helplessly wobbles around the cute huge souvenir shop, and while Jimin and Yoongi were too busy picking out what’s on the list, he drifted into his own adventure. There were conches and seashells, from different sizes to different colors.

The beach shack shop was full of amazing things, from clothes, bracelets, anklets, seashells and even posters of the scenery and sea. He turns his head to look around, spotting Jeongguk talking to Yoongi while holding a bunch of clothes. It was strange to say how adoring the resort owner was in Taehyung’s eyes.

Taehyung just stares, completely gone with a smile on his face. The owner must have sensed his gaze and slowly turns to his way, reciprocating a smile which rivals his own. Upon being catch daydreaming about him, Taehyung quickly turns, trying to hide the pink tint dusting on his cheeks.

Great, just great, Jeongguk caught him ogling like a loser.

The latter tries to slowly slip further from the owner's line of view, trying hard to save the little dignity he has left. And as he reaches a corner, near the back of the store, picture frames decorated the walls, and as he scans each and every photo in curiosity, one frame caught his attention.

His eyes instantly lights up while staring at the familiar photographic smile. It was Jeongguk, a photo of him where he's standing in front of an arc shaped kite, a harness in his hips and a flattering smile on his face. The Jeongguk in this photo looked younger... and with gathered curiosity, he tries to look for more. Jeongguk was in several frames, and one photo, the owner was holding a gold medal. Fondness blossomed in his chest, you could really see how happy the latter was. And each time he looks at another one, Taehyung notices the growth, not just in body but it was rather odd. The smiles weren't that big anymore, and even if he was holding a bunch of medals, he didn't look... happy.
 

Taehyung's smile slips off at an individual shot of Jeongguk. He was sitting on a log, his eyes looking at the camera half heartedly, Jeongguk's radiant smile missing only to be placed with a tired one. This Jeongguk didn't look happy.

Taehyung had the urge to get closer but a voice stops him, "I look like in there, don't i?"


Standing right behind him was no other than the Jeon Jeongguk himself. The owner leans in like how Taehyung was, inspecting the photo clearly. "Ah, this was when i lost in that 2015 surfing competition in Hawaii...You can really see how pissed and sad I was"


"More like tired..." Taehyung barely whisper, "Do you ever rest?"

Jeongguk shrugs "Sometimes..."

Taehyung leans back, straightening his back to pout at him. Jeongguk looks over his shoulder, grinning as he follows, sliding his hands into his beach short pockets. "You do know its bad for your health to overwork yourself right Jeonggukie?"

"I know" Jeongguk smiles.

"By the way" Taehyung turns his head to the photos, "Are the medals you won mostly on surfing?"


Jeongguk looks at him for a moment before looking at the picture frames himself. The owner remembers each photo taken, from his younger years to the current. He wouldn't forget how free he felt back in the old days. "I do kiteboarding mostly, my first win got me to the international regionals, representing Korea, that is where i got head to head with the UK champ and won by being a rookie" He explains, remembering how it went that day like clear skies. Everything started after that win, every month he would join any event from competitions to a friendly play. It was fun and refreshing. Taehyung glanced at him, eyes shining with curiosity.

"But.. you joined a surfing competition in this one"

Jeongguk nods, "That was when i hurt my hand and had no choice but to join the surfing event instead. It was fun but it wasn't my forte. That event almost caused me my career. One of the bloggers had to write an article of me flunking cause apparently i don't know how to surf. Thats why i trained myself on various water sports after my fall at 2016's Wintercup in Chicago...Kinda hard, especially when your trying to balance academics with sports. But it was worth it. Oh , I'm talking too much aren't i?"

His tone of voice softens Taehyung's heart. Shaking his head, he guides a hand over to the latter's cheek, forcing Jeongguk to look at him. Gently he caresses the man's defined cheekbones, worry and concern but mostly a hint of endearment. He was truly a man who should be admired. "Was it your dream...?" Taehyung gently asks.

The older nods, closing his eyes as he leans into the gentle touch, "It was, still is..."

"What changed then?"

"I-" Jeongguk flutters his eyes open, looking directly at him this time, eyes reflecting pain "I lost in heart and will..."

"But you're great!" Taehyung pouts, only to earn a tired smile from him. "Surely losing a match is-"

"Thats... not what i meant Tae..." Jeongguk says as he drifts his eyes away from his. Taehyung was ready to throw in a question, when they heard their names being called. Retracting his hands from the latter's cheeks, Jeongguk swiftly slips away, heading to where Jimin and Yoongi were. He didn't know what Jeongguk meant by that, but surely it his words bothered the owner. Jimin catches the look on his best friend and quickly sauntered to his way with a worried look on his eyes. 


His best friend hooked an arm on his side, "Are you okay? can you walk? Are you tired?" Jimin shots at him, making him internally warm for a minute. Taehyung just nods, missing the staring gaze from a certain person.

Taehyung must have asked too much. 


It was a sensitive topic, clearly. And it must have made Jeongguk uncomfortable.


After purchasing the listed items by the counter, Jimin started to happily converse with him while helping him from walking carefully. While juggling a few topics here and there, Jeongguk and Yoongi decides to carry the bags for them, letting the two drift into their own small world. And upon exiting the small shack, Taehyung almost trip by the edge of the door, he almost landed on the floor but Jeongguk was fast enough to pull him back by the arm. "Be careful..." Jeongguk frowns as he look at him.

Taehyung blinks once or twice before nodding. Jeongguk stares at him before heaving out a sigh, "Yoongi can you hold this for me for a while?" He asks, handing the latter his own share of bags. Taehyung begins to protest when Jeongguk gathered both of his arms, turning around to pull him on his back. Taehyung lets out a yelp when Jeongguk held on the back of his thighs, his cheeks reddening. Yoongi said nothing when jeongguk asked for the bags back, holding these firmly while he's holding Taehyung carefully.


Jimin lifted a brow when the owner begins to walk, ignoring every protest their friend had over the ministration. Taking steps back, he bumps into his boyfriend leaning to him to whisper. "Isn't that nice..."

"Too nice..." Yoongi answer, eyes glued to the pair upfront. Jimin expectantly looks at Yoongi, wondering if he was already thinking what he was thinking at the moment, but all he gets is "Do you think that kid's feelings is genuine?"

"Which of the kid are you preferring?"

"The one carrying our son" Yoongi mumbles.

Jimin chuckles at this, turning his head to look at the pair. "I feel like it is... Altho, they barely know each other and we barely know him. We can't just easily hand him our trust on having Taehyung. But for some reason, something tells me that he likes Taehyung. No doubt."

"And if your wrong?" Yoongi glances at him, their voices low careful not to be heard "Jimin we are leaving the day after tomorrow. What happens then? Will the kid have the balls to get our son's number and woo him? Or he shrugs it off once we gone home, as if it was a weekend job"


"Yoongi..." Jimin frowns at the words, "what are you saying.."

"Im saying if that kid doesn't get his mind right then i will bury him alive. And like i said before, this is too easy, too nice. Why'd you think he offered to help Taehyung? he's up to something im sure. He's sketchier than his employees to be honest. I trust Taehyung but i don't trust him"

"You were always the sceptical one...." Jimin points out, leaning to his shoulder with a sigh.

Yoongi grunts, lifting his chin a bit "You were the soft one"

That seems to catch the latter off guard. Yoongi wasn't that heartless to see what happening around him, especially when it comes to his sweet lover. And for Jimin perspective, Yoongi isn't the vocal type of lover nor was he affectionate, but it never fails Jimin to fall in love with him each day with small things that Yoongi thought he would never know and notice. This is why Yoongi was special in his own way, he may be quiet but it doesn't mean he's not looking. He calculates his words carefully and when in need to say it, he does. No sugar coating whatsoever.


"We can never stop Taehyung from falling in love" Yoongi stops to look at him, eyes b with sternness "But it doesn't mean we can't help him with it..."

At that point, Jimin was staring at him. "Oh i get it, no wonder you're calling Jeongguk, a kid. He's growing into you eh? Did you happen to get a one on one with him once? I bet you did, you wouldn't be gushing on this suddenly out of the blue"

True enough, Yoongi thoughts, smiling as he continues his steps, Jimin trailing behind after. But it's not like he was doing this for Jeongguk, he was doing this for Taehyung. Cause if it weren't for him, him and Jimin wouldn't even meet. He wouldn't have met his own sunshine.

God, this was getting mentally exhausting for Yoongi. While does the children have to be that stupid to just... he doesn't know, pledge their love or just woo one another? It was gross, how the hell could they flirt around naturally when their just fake dating for show? what even is privacy or space with them? Should Yoongi start a petition for these two to just... officially get to the first stage of wooing?


This is a drag...


 




----



 

Hoseok sees the van pulling up in the driveway near the kitchen where he could see them. He halts from chopping his potato to watch in fondness as he sees Jeongguk jumping out from the driver's seat to jog to the back, opening this up to help a petite man out with a smile. Now that was a sight worth seeing. Even the kitchen all slowed down to glance by the window. When they saw Hoseok bringing his chopping board in front of the window, soonly they All followed, bringing their own work to the window as they watch along with him like it was some drama unfolding. One of the cooks, Dorris sighs when Jeongguk ruffles Taehyung's bang igniting somewhat, a giggle from him.


When Taehyung turns to the side, all of them caught the look on the owner's face, which made them all hold their breathes. Hoseok felt his eyes stinging up at how fond Jeongguk was at the latter. Shame that the kitchen was soundproof and the window glass being thick, they couldn't hear what's going on. But bloody good thing that the windows were tinted. HAH

All of them see the exchange of words, Jimin and Yoongi were saying something to the pair and soon after Taehyung waves timidly at their boss. Hoseok along with Granma Honey squinted their eyes as they look closer. Yoongi grabs all of the bags they must have bought in town while Jimin goes to Taehyung's side to help him walk. They could see the disappointed expression on their owner when the three started to walk to the direction of the hotel.

Once the three was out of sight, Jeongguk squats down while placing his linked hands behind his neck. The kitchen erupted in a fit of awes. all of their eyes getting teary. A tear escapes Hoseok's eyes while the other followed shortly. Wow, the fact that Hoseok was the only one who knows about the fake dating, he could actually feel the staff's sadness and fondness over this invested relationship.

To be honest, he doesn't even know why he was crying. It just happened. And while they all wipe their eyes with their individual apron, they watched as Jeongguk recovers from his small breakdown, heading towards the kitchen door. They didn't move to go back to their station, nope, they all decided to greet him. Good thing the window was just beside the door.

And when the Owner came, he jolts at the sight of them, all teary and sniffing. Their boss scans the area, lifting a brow as he lifts a hand to point, "Granma Honey, i think thats enough onion cutting, you're making everyone teary..."


Wait, what?


"And why are you all by the window...." He continues, squinting his eyes.


Somehow, everyone shared the same mind at that time, glancing at one another with a eating grin. "Oh nothing" They said in unison, including Hoseok. Taking advantage of their boss more bewildered expression, they all gracefully headed back to their station, the kitchen getting into a face pace once again.


"Hobi-hyung" Jeongguk says, following the latter to the island counter.

The cook hums, placing his chopping board down, reaching over to grab another potato, "Yes Guk"

"I have a question..." The owner leans into the island counter with folded arms and a finger on his strong chin. "What do you think Tae would like? Im planning in taking him on a yacht trip on the day after tomorrow, you think he'll like it?"


He halts his magical chopping potato session. Hoseok turns upright with his hip leaning in the counter, lifting his knife in the air "Didn't you know?" he asks, waving the thing on his way.

The owner, blinks, looking at him and the knife, slowly unfolding his toned arms, he reaches up to grab the knife off his hold "Okay, now that the weapon is secured, what do you mean, i don't know? i don't know what?"


"You won't be able to take Taehyung in the yacht ride..."


"Why not? Its not like he's afraid of the sea, i have life vests inside my crib...?"

" No Guk, what i mean, you can't take him out..."

"Still lost, but ...why not?"

"Guk, Taehyung is leaving the day after tomorrow..."

"Why?"

Hoseok blinks, "Uh, cause they only booked for 5 days...?"

"I can extend it" Jeongguk simply says. Oh god, someone must have brought the wipe cream out from its fridge, non fat, 100% whipped.


"Gukkie, honey" Hoseok places a hand on his shoulder. "It's not up to you for that decision" 


Whatever words that were starting to fill up Jeongguk's mind worries the cook. The man stood frozen, eyes unblinking like he's calculating something, and once down, he slowly smiles, successfully creeping the out of Hoseok's internal resolutions. The owner gingerly picks up a cooked potato fry that just came out from the friers, popping the appetiser into his mouth then chews. Should the cook ask or should he not?


Screw this "What are you thinking...."


Jeongguk's eyes twinkled maniacally "Nothing" he says, fishing out his car keys and placing it on the counter. "Just tell Yugyeom to fill out my truck with gas and you two better pack food and necessities tomorrow. We are going to a picnic"


Holy . No. NO. NOOOO


Jeongguk doesn't need to know what he was thinking, judging by Hoseok's wide eyes and jaws ajar. "Oh yes, Hobi-hyung, Yesssss."


Before he could argue or even beg to be left out, the owner was already making his way to the door, leaving him speechless and suddenly pressured. Grandma honey who was now placing the chopped onions into a salad bowl, glances up to him. "Picnic?"

Hoseok takes the keys, shoving it inside his pockets with a sigh "Yup... Picnic"









It saddened him when he found out. The thought of not seeing Taehyung made his heart clench, it was weird but he knew he had to make everything count for now on. It was inevitable. Taking out his phone from his pockets, he rereads the message, knitting his brows as he tightens his hold around it. Being with Taehyung, Jeongguk will admit he feels at ease, peace. Those smiles, those laugh, that amazing personality. Jeongguk could never get enough of everything of it. Deleting the text message, he decides to do it all right. And starting tomorrow he will do it.


He jogs to the hotel, eyes scanning the room numbers until he finds it. 


He doesn't know what overcome Jeongguk to open the door uninvited and stepping in. The three were surprised, their eyes wide and actions halted. The audacity. And just as he starts to get flustered by his rude entrance, Taehyung who was curled like a ball in the bed gestures for him to come, ignoring the looks Jimin and Yoongi were giving him on the other bed. At that moment Jeongguk doesn't seem to care when he sat on the edge of the bed, only to get tug inside the sheets beside Taehyung. 


Jimin chokes internally while Yoongi cringes, internally and spiritually. 


"Yes?" Taehyung giggles at him.

Words died in his throat, openly staring at those pearly whites. Who said there was no such thing as perfection? who? Jeongguk would like to speak to them cause truth be told, Taehyung was the epitome of it. No joke, no tea, no shade. facts. Pure facts.


His throat went dry when Taehyung stares at him, and immediately Jimin ignites a scripted cough to snap him out from his small breakdown. Shaking his head he finally sprout out words "A-Ah yeah, well, you see. Are you guys fond of picnics?"

Taehyung's eyes lights up, nodding his head vigorously, Jimin agrees along with him with a cheery yes. Yoongi just shrugs and continues to watch whatever was in the television, letting Jimin lay on his back and draw patterns on his back.

"We're leaving at 7 am tomorrow, pack swimming stuff and spare clothes" Jeongguk simply smiles, earning a handful of cheers from the overexcited bestfriends. Mission being a success, he gently slides off Taehyung's bed, "R-right, sorry about barging in like that. That was totally off and weird"

"Nah we didn't mind" Jimin answers, chuckling "So you came to tell us that?"

he nods. 

"Just that?" Yoongi adds.

he nods.

"Anxious?" Taehyung pipes.

Jeongguk turns to him, nodding. For you ofc, he coughs inside his mind.


"Question tho" Yoongi sighs, narrowing his eyes at his way "Why so ing early?"


Straightening his back, answers nervously "Well, Its a special place. And ... its your last day tomorrow so, I thought it would be nice to take you guys somewhere for more memories..." As if answering a hard question, he internally sighs in relief when Yoongi smiles, nodding at him.

"Sounds great"


That was enough for him. God damn, facing Yoongi was like facing a father in law he will soonly have or will experience. Jeongguk bows timidly, turning his heel to the door. But before he could take another step, Taehyung gasps jumping out from the bed. The latter drags the older out of the room, shocking Jeongguk. Cause well, he didn't expect that. Woah there darling.


"Right, before anything else, i wanna say sorry" Taehyung starts when he turns to face him while fidgeting at his fingers nervously while biting his bottom lip.

Jeongguk tilts his head to the side "What are you apologising for?"

Taehyung visibly swallows, "In the shack... I made you uncomfortable didn't i?"



(Meanwhile, behind the closed door, Jimin had a glass on the wooden frame and his ear attached to it. Yoongi who rolls his eyes, shakes his head)

 

 

Taehyung continues to fidget on his fingers, looking away as he stands there to wait for a reply. But for the lack of response, it was enough proof to Taehyung. Without much though, he sighs turning his way back to his room when an arm stopped him from moving. Jeongguk said nothing as he pulls him back, cupping his face with a free hand and placing a chaste kiss on his forehead, "Y-you're not m-mad?"

"I wasn't even mad to begin with..." Jeongguk chuckles, admiring the other's beautiful face. Now that Taehyung was close, he had the opportunity to see those shade of red fawn on his sun kissed cheeks. Couldn't hold back, Jeongguk had no shame peppering the latter's face with small kisses, earning a handful fits of giggles.


( "My god, im getting diabetes..." Yoongi silently hisses as he presses his own ear to his glass, trying to hear more of whatever the couples were doing

Jimin giggles, "I think its sweet!"

"When we get back to Seoul, imma get my teeth checked out, Too much." )



"Really?" Taehyung smiles, placing his hands on the man's biceps when Jeongguk decided to cage the man in his arms, the latter pressing his back on the door while he looks at him. "Are you sure?"

"Positive... just you know, memory flashbacks, nothing too serious" Jeongguk hums, nuzzling his nose affectionately.

"Welp, Guess i can sleep well tonight..." Taehyung smiles, caressing the latter's cheek, above the small scar above his cheek. Jeongguk shall site hamlet, do kiss or not to kiss that is the question? or to spoil or not to spoil, that is the bloody question.


Their conversation flows so smoothly, they didn't even notice people passing by looking and staring at their bold display of affection. They spend the entire solid 10 minutes of being sweet as hell. The only thing startling them was the automatic head lights from the ceiling lighting up. Before they know it, the sun was already down.

"Will i see you in dinner?" Jeongguk looks at him, eyes softening. Taehyung easily melts into those brown orbs, but sadly he had to say otherwise.

"Sorry, Gukkie, Yoongi told me to rest here. But they did promise to bring me dinner..." he pouts, sighing.

"Need company?"

"Will you cuddle me?" Realising how forward that may have sounded, Taehyung quickly takes it back "Oh , sorry, habit of mine. You really don't have to. Im just very cling-"

"I don't mind" Jeongguk smiles, cutting him off.


In that moment, is it too cliche to say how unreal this all felt? Both males could feel it, the bubbling sensation on the pit of their stomachs. Why can't Jeongguk just keep him forever? Little does he know it was the same thing Taehyung was thinking. And it was okay, fine, more than fine. 





 


------

 

 


Bogum watched from the distance, his hands tightening around the phone he's been holding, as he stands by the pool across the hotel where he could see them openly. The device he's been using to call Taehyung all day. No wonder he wasn't answering, he was too busy with his boyfriend. His eyes hardened at each seconds passing, the two getting more and more intimate.

The smile on Taehyung face. It was clear like a day what it looked like. He was in love.

Regrets and anger washed over his face when he saw them giggling, exchanging longing looks.


Bogum hears a noise from the distance, keys being shuffled in one hand and before he could turn around, a face greets him with a smile.


"Hey Bogum-shi"