Under Your Spell

Under Your Spell

Jimin coughs, sitting on his with his eyes narrowed, trying to see through the smoke. There's a few kids still shocked, and when the smoke settles, Jimin can see a very pissed off looking teacher. Her hair is sticking straight up and her face is covered in soot. 

"Park Jimin, you made an exploding potion."

"I didn't mean to!"

Jimin attempts to defend but his teacher just waves a hand, a few kids snickering after the initial shock. 

"Everyone sit in your seats and be quiet until I come back. Jimin, Taehyung, clean the mess."

Miss Kim leaves the room after, heels clicking loudly on the floor. Jimin gets helped up by Taehyung who is also covered in black soot, some of it on Jimin's cheeks. 

"Nice goin', Jimbles."

Taehyung says but he's not mean, smiles because he knows Jimin isn't the best witch. Everyone knows Jimin is a bad witch, including Jimin. Jimin goes to an all supernatural school, and in his class he's the lowest ranked witch and it . His parents are extremely high ranked wizards - scholars even. Jimin is almost a huge let down in the family, hadn't even mastered a simple telekinesis spell by the age 15 when babies are making their own toys float to them. Jimin learned at a slow pace and even with his parents and all kinds of educators helping him, his magic wasn't strong enough. He's had plenty of incidents in class, feels terrible for Taehyung. Taehyung is Jimin's best friend and lives right down the road. Taehyung was born as an Opportunist, a name for the people who were born within mixed species of magic beings. They have magic in them which can be morphed into any which form of supernatural. They have potential that can be turned into anything, and opportunists are offered the best education until they decide which field of supernatural they wish to join. It's a huge choice, and one not taken lightly. 

Jimin and Taehyung grew up as play mates and Taehyung always went to a separate school due to him getting better classes, but soon Jimin was transferred over in hopes he would find better ways to hone his skills. However, it never worked, and Jimin felt terrible. Nobody ever wanted to pair with him in class and when they were forced to, they always forced the teacher to grade based on individual skill, so while Jimin collected C's and Pity B's, his teammate made A's with cocky smiles. It continued on like this until Jimin was a freshman, and being a freshman in a new, advanced school was terrifying. Being the worst witch the school has accepted in a millennia is horrifying. Jimin got picked on his entire freshman year, requested being pulled out to join mortal school because he thinks he's just so terrible, until Taehyung had changed. Taehyung was leaning toward wizardry, was so excited by the wands and the limitless magic that he could just conjure, until one day he did something his family still thinks is a bad idea. He had switched completely to witchcraft, claimed it's his secret calling and wanted every class with Jimin and always wanted to be paired with him. 

Taehyung is Jimin's best friend, the only one who would ever accept the low C if it meant Jimin didn't have someone ing at him for being unable to know how much is enough in a potion because nothing is ing labeled in the entirety of witchcraft, based on a witches sense and touch, which Jimin has very low of. They're seniors now and Jimin isn't picked on nearly as much, is still the lowest witch in his class but it could be worse. At least he has Taehyung. Said boy is currently standing beside him in the bathrooms, the both of them at separate sinks washing the soot off their faces. Jimin's latest failed experiment was a truth potion gone wrong, exploding potion and everything. Thankfully the smoke detectors didn't go off. 

"She didn't seem too mad."

Taehyung murmurs, finger in his ear. 

"I think I got some soul breath in my ear. All I can hear is whispering. Kind of eerie."

Taehyung tilts to the side and smacks his temple and Jimin grins, rubbing a wet towel over his cheek. 

"This one time my mom got it stuck on the ceiling and everyone thought we had ghosts."

"Jesus. That must've been hell to clean."

"Mhm. Sat there for about a month before my dad spotted it."

Jimin ducks down, fills his cupped hands with warm water and washes it over his face again. The soot is hardly coming off, making his skin a sickly grey. 

"On the bright side we got out of history, so that's a bonus."

Taehyung says with a hum, dragging a cloth down his throat. The door to the bathroom swings open, a familiar face peeking in. 

"Gukkie! We were just talking about you."

Taehyung lies, sees the way the boy's brows furrow.

"You were?"

"Mhm. About how much we missed hanging out with you."

"That's gay?"

Jeongguk brushes past them and goes for a urinal, Jimin turning his head away because Jeongguk has absolutely no shame about whipping his out in front of his friends.

"Says you. Anywho, I miss going over there because you know I can't have any pets."

"I don't have any - oh, you."

Taehyung snickers, overjoyed with himself. Jeongguk is a shifter, part wolf part human. Jeongguk is one of their mutual friends, a good kid with the biggest superiority complex, but that's probably because of his status in his pack, which is a whole big mess Jimin tries to avoid thinking about because he just ends up confused. He's a good guy though. 

"You wish."

"What happened to you guys? Fall into a volcano?"

Jeongguk asks, bumping Jimin to the side to wash his hands under the tap, Taehyung running his fingers through his hair. Jimin makes a disgruntled face when Jeongguk flicks water in his eyes. 

"Another Jimincident."

"Ah. Makes sense."

" you both?"

"In your dreams."

Taehyung and Jeongguk both say, almost perfectly timed. Jimin looks at them both, shock written across their faces. 

"You two have been spending more time together than you let on - the ?"

-

Jimin is sitting at lunch, Taehyung obnoxiously slurping his drink and scrolling through something on his phone, them both exchanging small talk as they wait for Jeongguk, whenever Jimin feels a tap on his shoulder. He turns but isn't necessarily surprised to see nothing there. There's spirits in the school - actual supernatural beings. They like to around with a lot of people, but most witches can smell them. Most of anyone can smell them, considering they give off a potent magical scent, but Jimin is pretty much scent blind for those things and so they always pick on him. Whenever Jimin turns back there's a note in front of him. Jeongguk plops down, Taehyung opening his mouth to say hi, whenever Jeongguk takes one whiff and he's glaring over Jimin's shoulder. 

"Do you mind?"

Jeongguk says, intimidating as always. Jimin watches Jeongguk's eyes move further across the room before he relaxes into his seat, looking back at Taehyung and huffing. 

"What?"

"I was gonna ask if you wanna play some comp when you get home?"

Jimin tunes out, focuses on the note once again. He unfolds it, peers down at the neat handwriting. His brows furrow because what the , this makes no sense?

"Hey Tae, can you read this for-"

When Jimin looks up, he can't see anything at all. His vision is gone.

"What, Jiminnie?"

Taehyung asks and Jimin reaches a hand out, feeling around on the table before he clutches Taehyung's hand. 

"I can't see anything, Tae, what the ?"

"Oh ."

"You got sighted."

Jeongguk says with a sigh, Jimin trying to not look stupid as he faces Jeongguk's direction. Hopefully. 

"What?"

"Some ed up witch created a weird spell in the 40's that makes you blind until you reverse the spell. It's an internet trend lately. You got sighted."

Jimin pouts, feels Taehyung grab onto his hand. 

"Come on, Jiminnie, we're gonna go to Jin and get this fixed."

Jimin hopes he doesn't look stupid, pretends to not hear the snickers as Taehyung leads him out of the cafeteria carefully, Jeongguk close in tow. Jin is everyone's favorite teacher, teaches loopholes and ways to get out of spells and bindings in case you're ever cursed, a class they installed after way too many movies came out showing that same instance. Whenever they get to the class, Jeongguk hums under his breath.

"Sorry to interrupt, Seokjin, but Jiminnie got sighted."

Jimin hisses as his hip comes into contact with a desk, Taehyung apologizing quickly because he let go, forgot he was leading Jimin. Jimin feels a cold hand wrap around his forearm, smells something spicy and nice and oh, it's someone's cologne. 

"You okay?"

Their voice is deep and sultry and , Jimin wants to know who that is because he's never heard that voice before. 

"He's fine."

Jeongguk says, snippish, his overly warm hands on Jimin's skin and turning his body sharp left, pushing him forward a few steps. Jimin is gonna ask what that was about later, for sure. For now, he just wants his sight back. 

"Okay, Jiminnie, tilt your head back."

Jimin hesitates and Jeongguk snickers. 

"You're expecting one of us to slap your throat, huh?"

"You guys always do that , can you blame me?"

"Not at all."

Taehyung says without missing a beat and Jimin huffs before he's tipping his head back. He jumps at the feelings of hands on his face, peeling his eyelids open and ew, that's weird. 

"I'm gonna drop this stuff in your eyes, but don't tip your head down, okay? It's like eye drops, it'll restore your sight."

Jimin waits and the second something cold splashes against his eye, he yells. 

-

"You didn't tell me it would burn!"

Jimin shouts, has half his sight back and is staring at Seokjin incredulously. Taehyung is bent over wheezing. Jeongguk is smiling despite the angry aura that is surrounding him for some reason, grabbing onto Jimin's shoulders. 

"Come on, Jiminnie, one more."

-

Jimin is at home, a week later, staring at the ceiling. The end of the semester is coming and they're going into the last quarter, and he knows this means there's going to be a giant project. He sighs woefully, closes his eyes. He doesn't know if he fell asleep or not, but the next second he's waking up to a howl. It sounds nearby and it makes Jimin jump. It's not a full moon, so why is there - oh. Jimin goes to his window and opens it as far as it'll go, stepping back and waiting. A few moments later a sleek black wolf is coming in through his window, landing on its paws. It sniffs around for a moment, Jimin shutting the window behind him. 

"What do you want, Guk?"

The wolf turns back to look at him, almost twice his size. He stares at Jimin for a long moment before his ear twitches, head turning toward the window sharply. 

"Guk, what's up?"

Jimin questions, plops down on the edge of his bed. The wolf walks around his room, sniffs a couple things and Jimin even yells at him when he sticks his snout in his open drawer. 

"Quit being so nosy! Shift back and tell me what's up."

The wolf huffs before Jimin hears the tell tale bone cracking. It never gets less disturbing to hear. Jimin turns away because he knows Jeongguk will be , waits until he hears a drawer opening and shutting to turn back. Jeongguk is in sweats, a pair of his own. Whenever they found out Jeongguk enjoys being in wolf form so much and when he shifts back he has none, he and Taehyung had both got a space in their homes with a spare set of clothes for Jeongguk. Their clothes don't fit him, plus he is notoriously pissy about smells on his clothes, so he appreciates it. 

"I smelled something weird around your house when we dropped you off today. I finally got away from the pack meeting to check your perimeter. I found this - any idea?"

Jeongguk holds up a dangly gold bracelet and Jimin's brow quirks as he grabs it, checking it out. It's a plain gold chain with a tiny plate, a Chinese character engraved in the back. 

"No idea but I'll take it."

"Jimin!"

"What? You said it was around my house so now it's mine."

Jeongguk just contemplatively looks at Jimin and the bracelet, the elder holding his arm out to eye the item. 

"It's kinda cute. I like it."

Jeongguk grunts, scratching at a pink mark over his chest - probably happened by a twig whipping past him in wolf form. He doesn't feel it through the fur, but damn does he feel it after. 

"I'm gonna crash in your spare. I'll be gone by morning."

"Okay."

Which, also, is not uncommon. Jeongguk usually crashes in the spare bedroom since he gets too lazy and/or tired to run back home. Jeongguk waved goodbye and Jimin watches him leave, plops back in his bed. 

Night settles over the room, Jimin asleep facing his wall. His eyes are closed, snoring soundlessly, so he doesn't notice the figure peeking through his window. 

-

"Oh, Jesus Christ, Park!"

Jimin just barely ducks out of the way as a textbook flies over his head. He drops his hands, the little magic he had managed to conjure into his hands receding back into his body. 

"You nearly scalped me."

His teacher huffs, standing up and brushing at his shirt, fixing his appearance. 

"Somi, you next."

Jimin plops in a chair as Somi, the star pupil, makes a full tea kettle lift and go across the room, pouring a cup of tea and setting it down while focused on a paper in front of her, effortless as ever. Jimin wants to groan, drops his head down against his desk. The teacher spews off something about a paired activity, Jimin's heart dropping when Taehyung gets paired with someone else. Jimin and Taehyung are both about to protest whenever the last person besides Jimin, Kihyun, is told to pair up with two other people. 

"Jimin I would like you to run an errand for me."

Jimin shoots Taehyung a look who just shrugs, mouths an apology, before getting pulled to a lab table by his partner. 

"I need you to take this to the office. Then, I would like you to drop this off at Miss Jung's. She's on lunch break, so you shouldn't interrupt any class. Okay?"

The teacher says quietly once Jimin is at the desk. Jimin nods, ducking his head as he accepts the two separately clipped stacks of paper. He rushes out of the classroom, takes a deep breath as he begins the lengthy trip to the office. He admires the empty halls, is distracted by the enchanted wall done by the freshman class that looks pretty cool. That's why he doesn't see the person he bumps to, only feels himself colliding with them. He gasps as he knocks into someone, the papers falling out of his hands and one of the stacks coming undone, the papers flying. Jimin looks down at the papers before looking up at whoever he had knocked into. It's a guy with black hair and a hesitant smile on his face, pale except for his ears which are now red in embarrassment. 

"I'm sorry."

He says, kneeling down to try and help Jimin gather them. Jimin quickly drops down to his knees, rushing to collect the papers. The stranger sounds awfully familiar. Jimin sniffles, feels himself coming down with a cold. He can barely smell anything, sinuses too blocked. 

"You're Park Jimin, aren't you?"

"Yeah, I am. You?"

"Oh, I wasn't trying to introduce myself, I just was asking because you bombed your exam."

He said with a sheepish smile, waving Jimin the paper which had a giant red D on it. Jimin pouted as he snatched the paper, looking over the writing and all the comments. 

 

"Geez. Maybe I should study?"

"Maybe."

Jimin gets up, accepting the papers the other held out to him and put them in a neat stack, clipping them again. 

"I'm Yoongi, though."

"Yoongi? Ive never heard that name before."

"Ah, I'm kinda not a student."

Jimin's brow furrowed and he went to take a step back because holy , did someone sneak into the school? He was gonna, like, yell whenever the guy grimaced at his own wording. 

"That sounds weird. What I mean is, I'm applying to go here still. I'm one of Seokjin's cousins, and I'm currently going through the enrollment process. For now I'm trying to get a map of the place."

Jimin nods, accepting the excuse. 

"So you will be a student?"

"Mhm. This school is so big I'm still trying to get used to it. Where are you off to?"

"The office and a teacher's room. Is this your first time being in the building?"

"No, not really. I still am clueless about where I'm going. Maybe you can show me?"

Jimin purses his lips, clutches the papers to his chest. 

"I would have to ask my teacher because I don't like getting into trouble, you know, but sure."

Yoongi grins, nodding after a moment with his floppy black hair shifting. 

"Okay. Here, at least show me to the destinations you're going to now?"

Jimin hums, turns to continue the walk before he rammed into Yoongi. 

"So, Yoongi-ssi-"

"Hyung? I'm, like, five thousand years old but I don't like feeling like I am."

Jimin pauses, looks over at Yoongi with wide eyes. The signs are all there - the black eyes, the pale skin and cold touch. 

"You're a vampire?"

"Yes? You couldn't guess?"

"I don't like to make assumptions on people upon first meeting, okay?"

"Good philosophy to live by, but a bit naive if you ask me."

Jimin just huffs, blows his bangs out of his eyes. 

"So, Jimin, are you a sophomore?"

Jimin scoffs,

"No, I'm a senior."

"Really? You look really youthful."

"Thanks?"

A weird silence settles over them for a second before Yoongi sighs. 

"Is this a nice school? I heard it is, but I want an honest opinion."

"I mean, it's okay. School is school, you know?"

"Do they sight people often? I was there that time you went to Seokjin about it."

Jimin pauses, looks at Yoongi and things begin clicking that oh, this was the guy who smelled so nice and had such a nice voice. His cheeks burn, knowing he must've looked so stupid in that moment. 

"No i-it was my first time having it happen to me."

"Why?"

Jimin scratches at the back of his neck, figures Yoongi will see or hear about his terrible magic so he might as well tell him. 

"I'm a terrible witch. I have less control over my magic than a toddler."

Yoongi whistles, Jimin wishing the destination was closer. 

"That . So they sight you because of it?"

"Mhm."

"That's awful, Jiminnie. You don't deserve that."

"Thank you, hyung."

Jimin says honestly, looking up at Yoongi who's brows are furrowed. 

"I mean, everyone develops at a different rate and magic is so ing hard to manage, so they should just let you learn at your own pace, you know? If you ever get sighted again, Jiminnie, come to hyung."

"What are you gonna do?"

Jimin asks, humor clear in his voice. Yoongi smiles a bit, hands in his pockets. 

"I'll fight everyone for your honor, m'lady."

Jimin snorts, Yoongi breaking out into a big smile. 

"Thanks, hyung."

They reach the office just as Yoongi's phone goes off. They pause outside the door as Yoongi checks it, a frown on his features. 

"I've gotta go, Jiminnie. Rain check on the tour?"

Jimin nods, offers a kind smile as Yoongi turns to head down the hall. 

"See you, hyung."

-

The next time Jimin sees Yoongi, it's outdoors. Jimin is sitting next to the door that goes into the band room, shaded and listening to the band play as he does his homework. He's waiting on Taehyung to finish so they can go home, does this often enough for it to be routine. 

"Jimin!"

Jimin glances up, sees a figure walking toward him. It's Jeongguk, smiling brightly with his hand shading the sun from his eyes. 

"Are you waiting on Tae?"

Jimin hums in affirmation, the wolf stopping once he reaches the shade. He crouches down with his back to the wall, reaches over and grabs the sheet off the book that Jimin is working on. 

"Are you struggling with this?"

Jeongguk asks, looking at Jimin with a quirked brow. Jimin bites his lip as he thinks about it - does he really need the help Jeongguk would no doubt offer or should he wait and work it out with Taehyung like they usually do?

"Not necessarily. I can work on it with Taehyung, Gukkie, don't worry about it."

Jeongguk looks like he wants to argue, but he is being called for by one of his friends Jimin doesn't know, trying to get out since school is over. 

"Are you sure?"

Jimin smiles, pats Jeongguk's back. 

"Yeah, Gukkie, I'm good."

Jeongguk eventually leaves, telling Jimin goodbye before he's jogging across the parking lot to join his friend at his car to leave. Jimin tucks a stray lock of hair behind his ear, looks down at his assignment and attempts to get back into it. He's alone for maybe five minutes before he feels a presence beside him. He glances and jumps out of his skin, hand raising to his heart. 

"Jesus, Yoongi hyung. You scared me!"

Yoongi grins, leans against the building beside Jimin with his knees pulled up. 

"Did I? You know what they say about us vampires - terrifying, blood beasts."

"Not that! You snuck up on me is all."

"Mhm. So, what are you doing here sitting outside the building? Getting an early start for tomorrow?"

Yoongi just grabs the paper from underneath Jimin, scanning over it as Jimin watches. 

"Waiting on Taehyung to get finished with band so we can go home."

"Ah. Here, have that back. I barely understand anything on that page."

Jimin tries to not let himself feel better by that because , does he have no idea what he's doing. 

"Really?"

Yoongi pauses before deflating. 

"Nah, I've taken at least fifteen classes that touched on that. I just didn't want to make you feel bad because I know you don't know what you're doing considering all your answers so far are wrong."

Jimin huffs, nearly ripping the paper as he erases everything on the sheet. 

"Shouldn't you be off doing something vampire-y? Not criticizing a struggling witch like myself?"

"I'm just trying to help. Plus, you looked lonely."

The door to the band room opens as Yoongi asks, a very amused, "what exactly are vampire-y things anyway?" 

"You ready to ditch this - oh. Hey, Yoongi hyung."

Taehyung pauses, sunglasses already on and backpack over his shoulder, trombone case in his other hand. His lanyard dangles out of his pocket. 

"Hey, Tae. Yoongi hyung was just pointing out how terrible I am at potion bonds."

"Was not!"

Yoongi denies a bit childishly and Jimin smiles at him as Taehyung shrugs, the door shutting with a soft click behind him. 

"That's fantastic because I have no idea about that either and we have the same homework. Wanna come over and help us out, hyung?"

Jimin would never have the balls to ask someone over to his house like that, but maybe Yoongi and Taehyung are more on a friend basis than he and Jimin are. Yoongi looks a bit hesitant but eventually he shrugs. 

"Sure. I'll tail you guys because I drove."

"Ah, the wonders of having a license."

Jimin gets up and packs his things, putting his backpack on one of his shoulders. 

"Don't passive aggressively insult me, TaeTae. You passed your test by a miracle."

"You're right."

Yoongi pulls his own keys out of his pocket, not carrying a backpack for whatever reason (he probably doesn't have any homework - stupidly smart vampires) before going for his own car. They split ways, Jimin glancing back every few seconds because wait, is Yoongi just walking in the sun?

"Taehyung, do vampires get hurt by the sun?"

"Nah, jus a dull itch but has no actual affect. How don't you know this?"

"I have a C in biology, Tae."

"True."

-

They're about halfway to Taehyung's house whenever Taehyung hits him with one of his hands, startling Jimin who had been fiddling with his phone. 

"You like him don't you?"

Taehyung asks, glancing in his rearview mirror every now and then to make sure Yoongi is still tailing them. 

"Yoongi? Of course not, I just met him."

"He's cute though, right?"

"Yeah, I guess so."

"I think you two would be cute together."

Taehyung says, eyes never leaving the road. After Taehyung got into one very, very small accident just because he had been glancing at his phone, he had vowed to never take his eyes off the road when driving because he had been completely fine, but his baby - his car - had lost a headlight. He loved his car, called her Han, and nearly cried once he saw her with a busted headlight. He's a much better driver than Jeongguk though, who will dual wield tacos and drive with his knees going 15 over the limit. 

"Maybe. He's a vampire though, Tae, those relationships never work out."

"Hey, I'm just suggesting a cute lil fling. Summer is approaching, y'know."

"Mm, maybe."

The ride is mostly silent besides the radio then until they pull into the driveway and Taehyung tells him that's he's pretty sure all vampires are born packing, and it makes Jimin's cheeks burn. He's still flushed whenever he gets out of the car, Yoongi walking up to him with his car keys swinging on his finger. 

"Why are you so red? Were you doing push-ups in the backseat?"

Yoongi jokes, Jimin slapping his hands over his cheeks as he whines. 

"Even if you tried to hide it I would still be able to tell. I can hear your heartbeat increase."

"Ew, can you always hear heartbeats?"

"Nah, only when I want to. Kind of like a hunter thing."

"Makes sense. Jimin, grab your and haul we only have a couple hours before my dad comes home."

"What does that mean?"

Yoongi asks and Jimin blows his hair out of his face as he gathers his stuff again. 

"Taehyung's dad is crazy about family time. As soon as he gets home from work he wants them all to be around and to bond."

Yoongi just hums, nodding in understanding as they enter Taehyung's house. Taehyung takes them up to his room, Taehyung saying a quick hello to his mom who Jimin waves at as they pass. 

-

They're sitting in Taehyung's room with Yoongi and Jimin on the bed, Taehyung sitting in the swivel chair across the room. Taehyung and Yoongi have a longer history than Jimin realized, surprised to hear that they were actually childhood friends for a bit before Yoongi moved away. Vampires age rapidly once born until they reach legal age, and then their aging process slows until they reach 25, which is considered their peak, and they stop aging all together. Jimin wonders what that must be like. Yoongi, as far as Jimin is aware, is only 20. Taehyung groans, long and loud, once they go to the backside of the worksheet because the front took so long, neither of the boys grasping the content. 

"I think better with caffeine in me. I'm gonna run and grab some coffee, text me what you want, 'Kay?"

"'Kay."

Taehyung grabs his keys and disappears and then Jimin is hit with the realization that he's alone with Yoongi in Taehyung's bed and he barely knows the other. 

So, they get to know each other.

-

Jimin and Yoongi become fast friends, get along easy and the conversation flows. It's nice and they end up hanging out outside of Taehyung's bedroom. Yoongi comes over sometimes or they meet up somewhere, either way they become close and spend a ton of time together. The months go past and finally, it's nearing the end of the year and Jimin is sitting in class with Taehyung, the younger playing paper football with the kid in front of them. Just as Taehyung flicks, the teacher coughs to interrupt all of them. They're seniors, the year is ending, and they're one step closer to graduation. However, they all knew this was coming. They've heard rumors of it from previous years, the giant end of year project changing every year. Apparently it's horrendous and lasts until graduation, which is still far away, so Jimin wonders how hard this project will be.

"Okay, class. I know you're all seniors and dying to just get out of here, but we all know what time it is."

There's a collective groan from the students who are already getting the hint.

"We are having one final project. This will be your last project from me - so be excited! No more classwork!"

The room still pauses, knows this can't be anything good. The teacher deflates and Jimin pities her a little. She was always really nice and he's gonna miss her a little. 

"Your final project will be...drumroll?"

Taehyung immediately begins tapping on his desk, a few others joining. She grins before she holds her arms out.

"A love potion! Every single one of you must make a love potion and test it out!"

Someone raises their hand and she calls on them excitedly. 

"How do we test it?"

"With test subjects, of course! You have the rest of today and tomorrow to find a subject you will be casting a love potion on. You and the subject will be forced to sign a contract, of course, and at the end of the year the potions affects will be lifted. You will be able to tell if your spell has worked, and I expect all of you to record your experiences with the potion in your journals. I will collect those at the end of the period and they are a major part of your grade so don't go skimpy on them! You have the rest of the class period to be on your phones talking to whoever to find a candidate."

A few kids turn on each other, presumably to pick each other, when the teacher clicks her tongue. 

"And it cannot be anyone from this class!"

Jimin's shoulders sag, scratching at his bleached locks. He'll doubt he'll be able to complete the assignment - he's at potions. Like, major . Taehyung doesn't even have his phone out, is drumming his fingers on the table. 

"Who are you thinking, Tae?"

"Gukkie. He owes me one, so he'll do this for me."

Damn. There goes Jeongguk. 

"I don't know who I'm gonna pick. I don't know if I'll be even able to pull off the potion, you know?"

"I think you'll do great, Jiminnie. You'll find a test subject quick enough."

Jimin sighs and hopes.

-

"It's so stupid - why would I want to do that? Everybody in that school annoys me because they're all better than me, yeah, but you don't need to rub it in my face - yknow?"

Yoongi just hums, one hand on the wheel while the other fiddled with his phone. Yoongi doesn't like to text and drive just because of the precautions, but vampire senses make him able to detect anything before it happens, so to save himself from growing bored he likes to slide his case off the corner of his phone or swiping at the glass. Jimin is upset about the project - understandably. There's no way he's going to be able to pass with all of his options gone. Plus, he doubts a love spell will even work with how bad his magic is. 

"I could ask my friend, but I doubt it would work out. He's a weird magical being."

Yoongi says, scratching at his cheek. 

"I don't even think I can make the spell! Even if I had a willing subject. Taehyung or Jeongguk can't do it for me and they're the only ones who would do it."

Yoongi turns onto his street and Jimin let's his head flop back against the rest. 

"This is stupid."

"What about me? I could be your subject?"

"You would be willing to let me put you under a love spell?"

"Why not?"

Jimin can think of a million things, but he knows that Yoongi is full aware of what could happen. So, he keeps his lips shut as Yoongi pulls into the driveway. 

"Come on, let's talk about this later. Movie marathon for now?"

Jimin decides that yeah, they could definitely think about this later. 

-

The night is dwindling down and Jimin and Yoongi are both sat on Yoongi's couch with their sides almost pressed together. Jimin has his legs crossed while Yoongi is stretched out, feet on the table. There's a few snacks left on the table, Jimin currently chewing a gummy worm. They've watched almost three movies, and Jimin can feel his body begin to shut down. He is gonna need to go home and sleep soon. 

"in' psycho. Who would do that to someone?"

Yoongi huffs, rubbing his face as more blood splatters on the screen. Jimin is pretty okay with gore, but it just makes Yoongi uncomfortable which is actually hilarious since he's a vampire, of all things.

"I still can't believe you get triggered by that stuff. You're a vampire - you drink blood."

"I haven't drank blood in, like, a year. Give me a break - this is sickening."

"Sounds like you're a ."

Yoongi looks at him in disbelief before he's flicking Jimin pretty hard in the neck. Jimin whines at the pain, goes to punch Yoongi's chest weakly but Yoongi catches his hand in a blur of movement, grip like a vice. Jimin snorts as he pulls his hand away.

"Okay, superman, no need to show off."

They settle into silence for a moment before Yoongi is asking him about that stupid project again. 

"Do you think Taehyung and Jeongguk will be successful?"

"For sure. Taehyung is a good witch and Jeongguk is...very emotionally available? Does that make sense?"

Yoongi tilts his head, purses his lips. 

"Not really, but I think I know what you mean."

Jimin sighs, neither of them paying attention to the screams coming from the movie anymore. 

"Hyung, I don't think you wanna be my subject for this project. It's just going to be a bust and I'm going to have to make up so much work to compensate."

"I think you can do it, Jiminnie. You can have Taehyung help you."

"Even if Taehyung gave me the exact same spell he used on Jeongguk, it depends on the caster. You know that."

"Sure, but I think it'll work, Jimin."

"Say it does work - then what?"

"Then you're a successful witch?"

Jimin huffs as he turns, moves so he's facing Yoongi with his knees pressed to Yoongi's side and leg. Yoongi looks at him too, tossing a half empty bag of candy onto the table. 

"Hyung, do you know what a love potion will do?"

"I have a general idea-"

"It'll make you fall in love with me! You'll have almost no control over how you feel for me and you'll practically be a slave to your heart. Are you sure you wanna do that? Over me of all people?"

Yoongi rolls his eyes, reaches out to pinch Jimin's cheek. 

"Jimin, I know what I'm walking into. I wouldn't have offered if I was blind to what would happen. You're in need - what kind of friend would I be if I didn't help?"

Jimin swats Yoongi's hand away, cheeks heating because Yoongi already knew he would fall in love with him. He's just a friend helping a friend though, so Jimin refrains from saying anything more. Yoongi smiles at him and it's warm and soft and Jimin feels gooey being the one it's directed at. 

"Now please quit worrying about it? I'm trying to watch this movie."

Jimin knows Yoongi wasn't paying very much attention to begin with, but he accepts the out Yoongi offers and turns back to the tv. 

-

It's in two days that they have to sign the papers. Jimin and Yoongi take their lunch break and go to Mrs. Lin's room, Jimin trying to disguise how truly nervous he is about the project. Yoongi bumps their shoulders together as they continue down the halls to try and ease Jimin, talking about how Jimin should consider himself lucky that Yoongi skipped out on McDonald's with Hoseok for this. He's just poking fun at Jimin, of course, and it helps him relax enough to not freak out once Mrs. Lin opens the door for them. 

"Ah, Jimin! Is this your subject for the project?"

She says with a smile, looking at Yoongi who nods. 

"I've never seen you in my class before?"

She asks, going to her desk as Jimin and Yoongi step inside. 

"I'm taking advanced classes."

"Oh? You're really smart then, huh?"

"No, I've just taken these classes plenty before."

"That's right! I knew you were a vampire."

She coughs, turns two papers forward on her desk so it's correct for Jimin and Yoongi. They're contracts. 

"This project is very important and we would like to ensure the safety of all of our students. If at any point the one under the spell is forced into anything they're uncomfortable with, the spell will break and the caster will be temporarily limited of all their magical abilities. We do this to make sure the person who casts the spell cannot take advantage of the one who's emotions are being manipulated by the spell. This is a very risky project and this is why we ask everyone to only agree to people they trust. If you're both willing and understanding of these rules, I'll need you both to sign the contracts which I will keep."

Yoongi bites the cap off the pen and signs without a fuss, Jimin pausing a moment at Yoongi's enthusiasm. Then Yoongi smiles at him, bright teeth and crinkled eyes, and it makes Jimin's heart start thumping really loud. He signs the papers and the teacher grins before taking them. 

"The spell can be cast wherever you would like within a week. I hope you both learn from this experience even if you're not in my class."

-

Jimin is sprawled out on his bed, Jeongguk sat somewhere near his side playing some game on his phone. Taehyung is sitting at Jimin's desk turned lab table, mixing and concocting the love potion. It's been three days, and Jimin is still trying to postpone making it. Jeongguk huffs, angrily taps at his phone. Jimin wonders what game he's playing. 

"Guk your irritation is going to affect the flowers."

Taehyung murmurs, oh so carefully dropping a pink liquid onto one of the petals of a glowing purple flower, the sharpened petals curling with Jeongguk's anger. 

"Sorry. I just keep dying."

Jeongguk locks his phone and lets it drop onto his lap. The petal unfurls for the drop to slide down into the beaker Taehyung holds underneath of it at the ready, the pink liquid now a glowing purple. 

"You're really going all out for your potion."

"I really wanna pass."

Taehyung retorts, tongue sticking out between his lips. Jimin turns away as a tiny black smoke cloud puffs up from the bottle, Taehyung frowning. 

"This is harder than I thought."

Taehyung whines, sticking his fingers under the goggles to rub at his eyes. Jimin looks at the clock on his bedside, sees it's already nearing 8.

"It's getting late, you guys. Maybe we should call it a day."

"You think?"

Taehyung says, bordering thankful as he looks at the potion that he's been working on since 3. 

"Yeah. You can continue working on it tomorrow since it'll be the weekend."

"Okay. Gukkie, help me?"

Jeongguk gets up without a fuss, helping Taehyung take everything downstairs to the basement where it'll be safe since Jimin's parents had turned it into a lab all those years ago. Jimin helps, bids the two goodbye. Once they're gone, Jimin goes and takes a shower to get ready for bed. He brushes his teeth as he wanders into his room, finding his comfiest tshirt to change into because this week has been hard for him so he just wants to relax. Once he's ready for bed, he climbs in with the lights all off besides a night light across the room. He curls up in bed and closes his eyes, practically melting into the mattress.

-

It's the night Jimin has to cast the spell and Yoongi is over. Yoongi is plopped on Jimin's bed flicking through his phone as Jimin carefully brings the potion over. Taehyung let Jimin use what was left of his since it worked flawlessly on Jeongguk, who is now following Taehyung around like a little lost puppy. He's even more clingy since he's a wolf which is something neither of them took into account, and now Jeongguk has to sleep in Taehyung's room every night and has to wake Taehyung's up with morning kisses every morning, which Taehyung hates because he does it in wolf form so he gets Taehyung's cheek covered in slobber. He sighs as he offers the bottle to Yoongi. The way spells and potions work is that someone has to cast a spell for a potion to work otherwise a potion does nothing except make you sick. So, Jimin waits until Yoongi drinks all of the bottles contents before he summons all the magic he has inside of him to form the spell correctly. If done properly, he should be able to see it work. He doesn't know what he's supposed to witness, but whatever will work. Jimin casts the spell while holding his breath, hands sweeping outward than back in, and waits with baited breath.

 


Ah!! thank you guys for getting to the end of chapter one and I hope you are all liking it. I really cannot wait to post the next few chapters and see how you're all enjoying it.