Only one part

Cheer up

Siwan was drawing on a white A4 format paper with his pencil, thoroughly, when suddenly he heard some noise through the wall, next to his room. The young man stopped his activity and stood up quickly and then, he left the room to see what was happening.

 

In the next room, there was a short hair girl who angrily threw some things that ended up on the floor. Siwan decided to take action, to stop her before she could break things or hurt herself. The girl suddenly screamed and her face was full of tears, while screaming, her fist thumped her chest again and again but fortunately, Siwan was able to calm her down, however, she ended up sobbing so hard in his arms. Watching her in this state, broke his heart but he didn't have any idea which could be the reason of her sadness. What he could do at this moment was to comfort her and let her know that he was here for her.

 

It took nearly thirty minutes to the young girl to calm down and stop her sobs.

 

They were sitting on the couch, her hands taken by his and the silence filled up the room. Siwan pat softly her head and back, probably waiting her an explanation but on the other hand, if she didn't want to talk about it, it was alright, however, he would wanted to know, to help her. It wasn't the first time she had reacted like that, well, not angrily though but everyone had their morale down for several reasons, right ?

 

She and Siwan have been known for five years and they were considered like brother and sister, they were also five years apart. At first, the parents of the girl were not really accepted the fact to let her staying in the apartment with a single man. But because of her studies, she couldn't stay at a familial home anymore, it was too far so she ended up asking some help to Siwan and in exchanging, she would also help him in payment for the rent and other spending. Siwan was somehow her mentor since college and they have kept in touch even thought both of them didn't go to the same university. For her, Siwan is the perfect person whom she can confess many things without being feel judged and each times she saw him, it was peace, her heart would be at ease no matter how bad the day was or her humour was.

 

« Hyung..Oh..Oppa.. »

 

« Alright, if you feel comfortable to call me hyung, yu can do, you already know that so don't worry. »

 

« Yeah..Anyway, i'm sorry to worry you and let you seeing me in that state... »

 

« No, don't. If you feel unwell, you can show it. I'm here, okay ? »

 

« I.. Just..I feel insecure about my future hyung..And in less than three months I have an internship but I still don't have any contact from enterprises and I'm feeling tired, angry and..I don't know..I don't know what to do.. And my exams are coming up so quickly that I didn't even learning..Ok, don't worry, I did some revision but what I am so stressed about is finding an internship..You know that if I won't find any, I will be obliged to doing my year all over again and I don't want to..This is my last year and also one of the most stressful..I was thinking that maybe this is my wrong path because I feel I'm a loser.. At first, yes I like translating but I know that there are people who are better than me..I'm useless.. »

 

« Hey, hey, hey, don't say that. You are an important person as the others. »

 

« But I don't have a goal in my life, hyung..I'm getting worried as I get older.. »

 

« I understand you, it's normal to feel that way but don't give up. If it's what you want to do, you mustn't give up and if you really can't, you still have some other solution, right ? And i'm here to help you too so don't worry to much and keep sending your CV and your motivation letter, i'm sure that you will find an enterprise at the end ! It takes time if you want to think about other matters but you know, try to ignore the other students and try your best without a regret because no matter what, your efforts will be paying. Trust me. I know that it's getting difficult but don't let your motivation down. You are a bold girl, right ? You can do it ? And one year ago, you told me that you will fight even though you didn't like what you are studying and that your goal was to obtaining a bachelor's degree so keep it in mind even though it's hard now. »

 

She slowly nodded as she listened to his words carefully.

 

« Let me telling you that I also went through some hard times like you but now, I still fight but I have a job now. But I know, it depends of each person but I want to let you know that you should not give up now and keep trying your best because I know very well that you are interested in that field, that's why you are here now. Anyway, don't be so hard to yourself, you should also rest and empty your head. You have to think thoroughly and don't let any bad ideas to consume you. »

 

Siwan came her hair while smiling

 

« Cheer up sweetie ! »

 

« Thank you hyung. » She smiled at him while wiping her moist face due to the tears.

 

«It's nothing ! Well, let's boil ramyeon, I believe you are hungry now. »

 

« Yes, that's good ! A kimchi flavoured one ! »

 

Then, they stood at the same time to go to the small kitchen and preparing food together.

The room was now filling of laughter and some teasing cam from these two. The happy humour has come back but she knew that it would end at any moment, but for now, she will doing what Siwan have told her and little by little, she will have some bold and confidence later.

She will eventually be learning to improve herself thanks to Siwan.