First Meeting and First Impression

My Love Doesn't Cost A Thing

Love. That one word might be not the friendliest word to Youngbae Dong or Taeyang. The 28 years old guy had never been in love for once. At first, he thought that love would never find a place in his life.

 

Well, no.

 

Until he met that 8 years younger pretty girl. She was Sooyoung Park or you can call her Joy just like how her friends would.

 

Taeyang met Joy in a birthday party which held by Joy's bestfriend, Irene Bae. Irene held her 25th birthday party 3 weeks ago. Ever since then, Taeyang couldn't stop thinking about Joy. That energetic and pretty girl whom sweetly behaved to others in party, had seized his times and minds.

 

Taeyang realized his age difference to Joy. But, that wasn't the only challenge to win his first love.

 

Their differences in social status.

 

Yes. Taeyang was a waiter in a food caterer company which Irene hired to throw her birthday party. While Joy was a daughter of famous canned soda drink owner in South Korea. Plus, she was Irene's friend and Irene was a daughter of billionaire in Daegu. Taeyang doubtly believed in his first love life. And yes, Joy was the first girl who succeeded making him head over heels in love. Their first meeting was pretty interesting as well.

 

Joy was accidentally dropped her glass while she was playing games with her other friends, Yeri. Both of them were talking about their long last friendship. Not long after, they seemed lovingly teasing to each other, they were having kissing mark competition. The one with the most kissing marks on their faces would be lost.

 

Joy was very excited to beat Yeri because the youngest had succeeded placing 5 kissing marks on Joy's left cheek. When Joy was just taking her punch glass from a passing waiter whom was Taeyang, she got a very nice timing and chance to strike Yeri.

 

And unfortunately Joy forgot her glass on left hand. She threw the glass right away and got hit to Taeyang's back. He was startled because of it, so his full of glasses' tray was slipped off. The breaking glasses sound was the only sound to wake Joy when she was about to kiss Yeri, getting ready for her revenge of losing in kissing marks competition.

 

"I'm so sorry, Ahjuhssi !" said Joy spontaneously. She stormed to Taeyang whom kneeling down first on the floor to get rid off broken glasses. Joy took out wet tissue from her purse out of the blue. She meant to wipe the spilled punch on Taeyang's wet shirt.

 

"No, it's okay, Agassi ! Please stop wiping my shirt! I'm perfectly fine!" asked Taeyang while holding Joy's right arm. He felt awkward and shy because of all eyes on him. He also felt cautious, worried if his supervisor would get rid off him when he misunderstood Taeyang's state that time. He was worried if his supervisor thought that Taeyang was the one causing the mess.

 

"But, you see, it's my fault so that your shirt is wet and I'm the one breaking those glasses!" Joy still offering her responsibility due her fault even when the waiter had said no to her. She then decided to clean up those breaking glasses and,

 

"Ouch!"

 

Her right index fingertip was punctured by one of broken glass and bleeding.

 

"Oh My God, Agassi! ” shouted Taeyang when he saw the pretty girl's fingertip was bleeding. He snatched her bleeding fingertip right away and it up to make it stop.

 

Joy's eyeballs widened as she got spontaneous dramatic bleeding stop action from the slant eyed guy in front of her. He made her heart beated faster. She met her eyes to the waiter's eyes whom looked like in worry-guilty-scared-awkward all mixed in one and pretty clear seen on his face. On his handsome face. She was fixated on him while her cheeks warmed and heartbeat still beating fast.

 

Joy was deeply immersed in those fun yet fluttering feelings because of butterflies in her stomach when she looked at Taeyang. The guy whom returning back her finger and then cleaning up all the broken glasses on the floor. Taeyang was nervous now because of the pretty girl in front of him was still gorgeous despite of another fact she still had those messy kissing marks on her face. Yet still had eyes on him. She made him fluttered.

 

“Joy Unnie! Are you okay??” asked the cute girl who was seen playing games with Joy earlier.

 

Even the birthday girl was storming to Joy and seemed worry about her. "Joy-ya, are you alright?? Are you hurt??” Irene shook Joy's body slowly as the girl was still kneeling on the floor.

 

"I'm so sorry, Gogaeknim…" said Taeyang doubtly. He tried to explain his state slowly, "This miss was trying to help me cleaning up all the mess that I caused. And accidentally punctured her finger to one of broken glass. I'm so sorry, Gogaeknim…"

 

Irene furrowed her eyebrows. "Is that the truth, Joy-ya?”

 

Joy stood up and put a wide smile on her face. "Nope," she said calmly.

 

Taeyang was shocked. He then stood up too and looked at Joy in worry.

 

Joy just smiled to him and then explained to Irene, "It's my fault. I was accidentally throwing my punch to him when I was joking with Yeri. And my glass hit his back then he was shocked until slipped off his full of glasses tray..."

 

Taeyang's heart went up and down at the same time because he was scared.

 

"Was that real?" asked Irene once again, she seemed still not bought it. As Taeyang's expected, Irene should be misuderstood him whom causing the mess and got Joy's fingertip punctured.

 

Joy nodded and laughed, the girl quickly took another tissue from her friend, Yeri, to wipe off her kissing marks on her face. Joy distracted Irene's concern and convinced her at the same time with her sweet smile. Irene then grabbed Joy and Yeri's arm. Taking both of the girls away from the mess, leaving Taeyang behind to clean it up.

 

When the three of them were away, Joy quietly looked back to see the waiter's face behind her. She was smiling when she rewinding a scene which that handsome face was in guilty and worry. Specially when he tried to stop her bleeding finger.

 

.

 

.

 

"Taeyang-ssi, someone is looking for you!” shouted someone to Taeyang whom was busy piling dish boxes.

 

Taeyang paused his activity for a while and asked back, "Who is looking for me, Kijun-ssi?"

 

"I don't know. She's young and beautiful! She waits for you in guest room, quick, or you'll lose her!" answered Kijun while winked at him.

 

Taeyang was zoning out. Somehow he saw Joy's figure in his mind. But then he quickly came back to reality. He knew exactly that kind of thing would never be in his life. He took off his working apron and quickly walked to the guest room where he had a visitor that day. His heart was beating faster while he was on the way to guest room, thinking who his visitor might be.

 

Taeyang arrived in front of the guest room's door. Frankly speaking, as long as he worked there, that was his first time having a visitor in his work place. And then, he could see his visitor's figure. Indeed a lady. His heart beating uncontrollably fast this time. He spent more than a minute to grab door's knob.

 

In the end, he maned up and opened the door. "Sorry for making you waiting in a long time, Gogaeknim," Taeyang welcomed his visitor whom sat on couch facing the window and backing him.

 

"Oh," sighed the visitor when she turned to look at Taeyang. "Hello, Ahjuhssi !” she said again friendly.

 

Taeyang was definitely surprised to recognize his visitor that day. None other than that young and beautiful girl he had earlier in his mind. The same girl in Irene's birthday party 3 weeks ago.

 

Joy.

 

"I hadn't had a chance to introduce myself properly at the party that time. I even walked you away because my friends dragged me to get back to the party. My name is Joy Park, I come here to apologize directly to you for what I did that time at the party. I supposed you were in a lot of trouble because of me, weren't you?" Joy smiled sweetly. Making her even gorgeous more.

 

And having Taeyang in trouble breathing because of it. He was in silenced. He couldn't respond those words properly.

 

"Ahjuhssi?" called Joy to wake the silenced guy in front of her.

 

"I'm-I'm so sorry, Agassi. I just… I feel that is something wrong to have you here. I mean… what if your rich friend knows the fact that you even come here just to see me and… Apologizing to me? That was my own mistake, Agassi, you were innocent…”

 

Joy was giggling when she heard Taeyang's long excuse. The guy furrowed his eyebrow. "Ahjuhssi , you're so funny, mianhae, but I feel like hearing a song with fas forward playing!”

 

Taeyang looked down. He was too shy and guilty to have his unexpected visitor. Joy realized her passive response she got from the silenced guy.

 

"Ahjuhssi, are you okay? Is there something wrong with me?" asked Joy in worry. She simpathized to the tall and athletic figured guy.

 

Taeyang quickly shook his head and answered, "Nothing's wrong with you, Agassi. I just… I feel like this is inappropriate to you. I'm worried with my supervisor's think of me. He is trying to prove me that I'm a troublemaker since the last accident at that party. I'm sorry, I suppose you can't be here, I beg you."

 

Joy furrowed her eyebrow. At first she didn't get tha guy's saying. But later she found another thing to say to him, "Let's meet again after you finished your work. Or you can name me a place where we can meet freely. I really wanted to make my responsible that time. Now I know that you are indeed in trouble because of me. You said it earlier." Taeyang was about to reject her offer kindly if Joy didn't cut him first. "You have to say yes or else I will definitely keep coming back here everyday to see you until you take my apology. How is it?" Joy treated him a little despite of her pretty and sweet face.

 

Taeyang was in silenced and couldn't say no. Better he agreed it or else he would get another real trouble with Joy. "Fine, Agassi, meet me in the food tent acrossed this office around at 5 later."

 

"Promise?" asked Joy to convince herself.

 

"I promise," replied Taeyang clearly.

 

Joy put on her prettiest smile for winning their second little argument.

 

.

 

"Over here!” shouted Joy happily when she saw Taeyang was looking around. She smiled prettily to welcome the guy whom wearing casual style. He wore a long sleeve grey shirt and dark blue jeans. He is indeed handsome and in good shaped. I can't believe he has 3 of 5 my ideal types, thought Joy in her mind.

 

Handsome, athletic and gentle. Those three were part of Joy's 5 ideal types. The girl had those impressions from Taeyang.

 

Taeyang walked toward her slowly and calmly, though he felt nervous and scared at the same time. He was shy, awkward, uncomfort to the beautiful and young girl in front of him. Oh, not to mention the girl was super rich. He had to be carefully speaking or else he would destroy his own life, dealing with super rich people.

 

"Sorry keeping you wait me in long time, Agassi."

 

Joy was still smiling to him. She was just so happy that evening. "Will you order food first” offered Joy.

 

Taeyang shook his head. "Sorry, Agassi, we come here to talk about your thing to me. Let's not eat here…" whispered him again.

 

Joy frowned a little. "How so? You haven't had meal, have you? Besides, you just finished your hard work, you must be in starve, why don't you eat something with me?" Joy raised her voice a lttle. Complaining to Taeyang whom sat in front of her and seemed uncomfort to looked at her in the eyes.

 

"I-I'm sorry, Agassi, I thought you don't belong here. The food here is-“

 

"I don't belong to this place or the food is terrible here??" Joy cut in first in sarcasm. She kept staring at Taeyang whom looked away from hers. "I'm talking to you, Ahjuhssi !"

 

Spontaneously Taeyang looked at her in the eyes. He found the pretty girl was in disappointed face. "I'm-I'm sorry, Agassi. I never meant to hurt your feeling. I-I just, frankly speaking I just-"

 

Taeyang's excuse was cut off by Joy faster once more. "I'm so mad right now! I am rich and everybody knows it! They can see me clearly!. I just don't get the fact that you try to avoid me because I'm rich??" Joy's tone was intimidating.

 

Taeyang felt more guilty to the milky white skin girl. "I'm sorry, Aga-"

 

"Stop calling me 'Agassi ' !" Joy shouted. All eyes on them. "I've introduced myself before, I told you my name, call me by my name!" She ordered him.

 

Taeyang sighed. That was the biggest reason why he would let go his first love away. The pretty girl was indeed had stolen his mind for the past 3 weeks. And proved that she had all rich people's basic instinct. Bossy, spoiled and headstrong.

 

"In fact, I haven't known your name yet and still calling you around with 'Ahjuhssi'. It's pretty clear to me you aren't that old to be called as 'Ahjuhssi', right?! Why don't you get mad at me?!" complained Joy again.

 

Better Taeyang just did what people like him always did to upper level people. Shut his mouth tight and did nothing were the only things he could do to stay survived. Unfortunately, he didn't know Joy wasn't just an upper level people.

 

"You think that you do nothing to me you can be good? It's just making me angrier than before! I can keep nagging at you the whole day and night! Do you hear me and will still stay in silenced refusing to answer me?!"

 

Finally, Taeyang made a voice. "Have you done?" he said calmly, "I say nothing because you still keep talking, Joy-ssi."

 

Joy's upset and angry face was suddenly disappeared. She realized how she kept talking and throwing tantrum so the guy couldn't even speak. "Sorry," she said quickly.

 

Taeyang smiled. "My name is Youngbae Dong. You can call me by my nick name. Everyone calls me Taeyang. You were right, I'm too young to be someone's uncle but I still think I'm older than you. I guess… our age difference is big too."

 

"I'm still 20 this year. How old are you?" Joy cut in impatiently. She had waited for the chance ever since they sat together in the same table.

 

"I'm 28 this year." Taeyang looked away from Joy. He just couldn't look at her in a long time. Too gorgeous to handle. The pretty girl dressed up in pink flower printed blouse with skinny grey jeans.

 

"Then I can call you 'Oppa’, right?" Joy just decided on herself.

 

Taeyang frowned a little. Bu he knew he better not disagree more, or else he would completely trapped forevermore with that super rich girl. "Up to you," he said in a very calm tone.

 

"I like it!" Joy smiled due to her victory. Taeyang nodded.

 

"Can we now stay focus on things you want to talk with me earlier?" asked the guy.

 

Joy realized how the long sleeved guy was being careful on her. "Not yet," she replied quickly.

 

Taeyang frowned again. "Why so?" he asked.

 

Joy was playing tissue box in front of her and replied, "Because you haven't answered my last question, Oppa. Were you avoiding me because I'm rich?"

 

Taeyang felt dizzy in a sudden, he knew it wasn't going to be smooth and easy with her, but why now? He tried to keep it cool to explain the answer in a very smooth way. Taeyang inhaled a deep breath and quickly exhaled. "Yes," he said clearly.

 

And definitely hurted Joy's feeling. "Why?" asked her again. Even if that was painful, she had to know the reason. "We just met once in Irene's birthday party, and after 3 weeks I finally get to see you again. Searching where your working place is, I must make another excuse so Irene Unnie won't be curious at me. And that's what you think of me?"

 

Taeyang sighed and replied, "Because you are just going to put me in a lot of troubles. That's what rich people do, so why would you looking for me? Haven't I said it clearly before in the party, you were innocent and I did breaking all those glasses."

 

Joy hissed quickly. "Oppa," she called in bossy tone, "I also told party owner that I was the one causing you to break all those glasses when I surprised you accidentally. So it was even, got it?”

 

Taeyang felt that time wasn't the arguing time with a very young pretty girl. "Fine, whatever you say," he let her win, "What do you want me to do now?”

 

Joy smiled widely again. Making her looked so sweet and pretty. While making Taeyang on the other hand, having butterflies in his stomach.

 

"I have an interesting offer for you, Oppa."

 

Taeyang frowned a little. "What offer?" asked him plainly.

 

"Be my lover for the next 3 months. I'll pay you how much you like. How is that?" asked Joy in a very cute tone. She even winked her left eye and smiled wider showing off her perfectly white teeth. Again, making her looked too gorgeous to handle with those big sparkling round eyes.