Father

Oh my little girl

Chilhyun rocked the baby in his arms carefully. He was still getting used to it. He still wondered why someone thought it was a good idea to leave him with a four-month-old baby. It must have had required a huge amount of thoughtless trust. He chuckled at his own thoughts. The baby stared at him with vivid open eyes, as if curious about what was going on his adult mind – there was a lot for sure. He turned his look to the baby, with a serious countenance at first, immersed in his own mind. But it didn’t last long for the little being on his arms smiled so brightly it was impossible not to smile along. After a tiny initial moment of resistance, all of his mind was pulled back into the moment and he smiled facing the said little being. He slowly placed his index finger close to her hand and was promptly regarded with a soft grip around it. That was one small joy of interacting with babies he could actually take pleasure in. If it was an ordinary baby, of course. This very baby was more than adorable and lovely on the normal standards. It filled him with a growing sensation of happiness and excitement simply by being born. It was not reasonable – not even for himself – why he loved that tiny creature so much even if they were not blood related, even if one could said he had nothing to do with her. But he didn’t mind that. He loved the little girl because it was someone else’s happiness. Someone he had loved for so long it could just be put as “his whole life”, it didn’t make much of a difference. Therefore, this someone’s happiness was his happiness; and their joy, his contentment.

- Haeun-ie… - he paused, feeling a lump starting to form on his throath, and continued – our Haeun-ie – even if it didn’t make much sense – You will grow up to be strong and free-spirited like your dad, right? - he smiled.

Talking like that made him experience some glorious feeling which could not be expressed in mere words. The baby smiled again and yawned, slightly tightening the grip around his finger. He wondered how wonderful it must had been to bring such a beautiful baby to existence and how much love came from all of it. He let out a sigh and smiled. If only he could hug her tightly and thank her for being born. But she was a really young baby and he had no confidence in other than rocking her very slowly. He was still smiling widely and some tears were forming when he heard the keys.

He took a deep breath and in some seconds, the door was opened revealing a good-looking tall figure.

- I’m back – Jihoon closed the door behind him and walked towards the couch grinning widely – Where is my princess?

- She’s here – the younger one smiled slightly lifting her, thankful that the other man was too focused to notice his eyes.

- My Haeunnie, did you like staying with uncle Chilhyun?

Jihoon heard the chuckle and finally turned to face him properly, but got quite surprised.

- Why? What’s wrong?

- Nothing just… - he had a big smile on while trying to fight the tears – she’s so beautiful… like you…

The older one just watched while he bursted in tears. He didn’t want to show himself like that, he didn’t want to seem so emotional and look stupid. It was weird that he felt that happy about all of it. He didn’t even have the right to. Anyhow, Jihoon understood it. When their eyes met, he felt safe despite everything. The older one smiled and freed one hand, kindly pulling him closer. Chilhyun shifted on the couch and rested his head on the other man’s chest. Both remained in silence while the older one his head, the baby staring confused at the two of them, as if trying to figure out what was happening.

- Haeunnie – he finally broke the silence – don’t be like your uncle, he cries too much.

Chilhyun laughed. There was nothing better than that. Leaning on the chest of the man he loved and hearing his voice so close talking this new someone so special in their lives. He smiled and stared at the baby.

- Don’t be like your dad either, Haeun-ah. He’s painfully stubborn and likes to give me a scare – Jihoon chuckled – like when he made me think he was into drugs and-

- Ya, why are you talking about that in front of her?

- Don’t ever thinking about doing that, got it? - he looked at her grinning widely and she smiled back squeezing her eyes as if agreeing on it.

- You…

- And when you grow up, don’t go to the player types like your dad was.

- Hey!

- What? - Chilhyun pulled a little back and asked with a teasing tone.

- She will find someone like you, good?

The younger one could feel his cheeks sightly blushing and had no idea of what to say. Before he could look down in embarrassment, Jihoon leaned closer and sealed their lips together.

- Cheesy… - he mumbled trying to hide his grin

- Well, I’m not playing you.

- How does it feel?

- What?

- To have a child.

- Ah… - he raised eyebrows, slightly taken aback, and looked down, smiling and facing his daughter – It’s strange – he started in a low tone.

- Why strange?

- Wanting it is different from having it – the younger one had his eyes focused on him – I spent so much of my life waiting for this and now… - he let out a sigh and holded her little hand – I finally have someone to dedicate my life for.

Jihoon smiled a beautiful sincere smile which made his heart skip a beat.

- Someone so young and fragile I will take care and protect from now on. It’s crazy… - he stared blankly into the space for a moment – I just hope she grow up well and became smart and happy. Because she’s already already pretty – he grinned proudly which made Chilhyun chuckle – And I want to play with her a lot. As much as she wants.

- You will be a silly dad, letting her do what she wants with you – he teased.

- It can be that bad…

- What if she asks to use those red flamboyant boots again?

- Well… I would, why not?

- And Priscilla outfits?

He stuttered.

- See? - both of them ended up chuckling.

- It will be amazing… - their eyes met – You are a wonderful dad already.

- Am I? - Jihoon asked in a serious tone.

He nodded in reassurance and the older one let out a low sigh.

- Let’s hope I will.

Chilhyun smiled and snuggled on his chest again. Of course he would. He caressed the baby’s foot and smiled before closing his eyes and resting his hand on Jihoon’s thigh. He could feel that warmth inside, the feeling of being home.