1/1

Too Much, Roomie!

We will counsel you on your unspeakable concerns!

A national competition on worries!

This is Hello Counselor!

And today, we have three stories as always. Let’s check them out. Show us the keywords please.

Too much, roomie!

Scary outside, Softy inside

Whining through the night

 

“Now, our first story is Too much, roomie!” Cultwo’s Changwoo looks down on his placard and begins to read the passage:

 

Hello! I’m a 25-year old guy from Seoul. I’ve been living in a condominium unit with a friend and we’re roommates for 3 years already. He’s nice, smart, funny, and kind. I have no problems with his attitude at all. I am certainly lucky to be his roommate—

 

“Then, why bother sending us a letter?” Dongyup jokingly interrupts.

 

                However, one thing I cannot tolerate anymore is his hobbies.

 

A series of confused reactions from the audience, to the guests, and to the hosts can be obviously seen but they all patiently wait to hear out the whole story.

 

At first, I thought that he has just lots of hobbies. In our first year of being roommates, he got crazy into cars. He bought high quality brands of mini metallic cars and huge racing tracks. I thought he’s a car addict for years judging from all of the toys he stuffs into our place but he said he only started a month ago. This car mania only lasted for 3 months. Then, he got into golf. He bought a set of really expensive golf clubs and even a mini cooper since he got tired of walking around the country club when he plays. This sport only lasted for 2 months.

 

This earns a gasp from the people inside the studio, even the cameraman.

“Might as well build an escalator inside your house instead of stairs!” Taegyun exclaims which is followed by howls of laughter from the viewers.

               

There are other short-termed hobbies he did but let’s skip it. On our second year, his main addictions were snapbacks and bowling. He has two luggage full of caps; about a hundred pieces of them. For bowling, I was surprised that this lasted for half a year. I even practiced and played with him at times when I’m not busy. He bought branded equipment and appropriate attire for this sport.

 

“Wow, I never knew there’s an appropriate attire. I mean, just rent those clown bowling shoes and you’re good to go, right?” Dongyup comments.

Numerous heads snicker while nodding in approval.

 

This was fun, but then, he dropped it much to my disappointment since I was getting the hang of it. He said he got tired of it so he moved on to his next new thing. Because of his hobbies, our place is crowded with his things. He even put some on my room! Recently, he began his interest in the collection of Rilakumma dolls. He currently has 150 pieces of different Rilakummas. He even went to Japan last month just so he could buy the limited edition Rilakumma doll.

 

“Ah, must be nice.” Yeong ja sighs dreamily, “I’d also like to go to Italy to eat pizza, spaghetti, and fettuccini!”

“At least he brought back something! You’ll only bring back extra pounds!” Chanwoo retorts which earns him a pillow being thrown at his face. Hard.

 

If it isn’t obvious enough, my roommate spends a lot on his hobbies. He buys the most expensive things for these temporary hobbies, and he stops playing or losing interest when he’s bored already which happens a lot. I tried telling him to stop spending money so much on things that he will eventually throw away in the future. He also has bills to pay like our lease, electricity, food, and water. He just won’t listen to me! Please put some sense into him and help him realize that I’m only looking out for him.

 

“Aigoo, such a sweet roommate!” Yeong ja giggles, “Okay, let this roommate in!”

 

Indeed, a sweet-looking short guy quipped with styled black-haired dressed up in a fluffy, gray sweater and washed out fitted jeans emerged from the top and slides his way to where the hosts and guests were.

Oh Sehun, one of the celebrity guests, helps him in getting out of that ball pit which makes the newcomer squealing inside.

Conceal, don’t feel, Baek. Just as what Elsa taught you.

After a few breaths, he knocks himself out of cloud nine, and warmly greets the people around him which they return back. Then, they proceed to the story itself.

“Aish, you’re too cute to be stressed out from your roommate and his extreme passion for his one night stand hobbies.” Comments by one of the hosts which makes him shy.

“Yeah, why didn’t you just kick him out?” Kim Jongin asks playfully which makes Do Kyungsoo smack the pillow into his head. The model and the actor are both celebrity guests in the show.

The complainant can only laugh. Oh, if they only knew.

“Why don’t we just let him talk first, okay?” Yeong ja suggests, “So, Baekhyun-ssi? Is that right? Ah, why don’t you tell us the whole story?”

The attention of the celebrity guests – Kim Junmyeon, Oh Sehun, Do Kyungsoo, and Kim Jongin – directing to Baekhyun makes him self-conscious as he didn’t expect these stunning idols, actor, and model would star in this episode. He distanced his thoughts from them and focused on a particular annoying tall person which is just a few feet away from him.

“So, uhm, as you all know, I have a roommate for 3 years already. His name’s Chanyeol.” Baekhyun starts, “He has lots of hobbies that I already lost count of.”

“Well, it’s not bad to try something new once in a while but how often does he change his hobby?”

“Uhm,” Baekhyun thinks, “6 to 8 times a year?”

“Hey, that’s more than the times you change your underwear in a year, Suho!” Sehun suddenly announces. Kim Junmyeon, who goes by his idol name, Suho, smacks his head playfully.

Laughter once again fills the room.

“But whenever he tries something new,” The smaller continues, “he buys the most expensive things already like equipment, toys, and any related stuff to his new hobby. Aside from the major hobbies he gone through like cars, golf, and bowling, he got also into extreme sports like skydiving and skiing. He also got into minor hobbies like collecting Adidas apparel and Rolex watches.”

Astonishment sweeps the laughter and mouths are left hanging.

“Woah, this roommate of yours must be really rich!” Dongyup exclaims.

“Is he as rich as Suho-hyung?” Jongin jokingly asks.

“Ah, well,” Baekhyun hesistates. He doesn’t know if it’s right for him to expose his roommate. He looks in the crowd and stares at his wide-eyed giant staring back at him. He looks shock but gives off an indifferent feeling. “That’s not for me to discuss.”

“Hyung, seems like you’ve got a competition.” Sehun points out.  Junmyeon just shrugs and smiles.

“Okay, for everybody to know how invested Chanyeol-ssi is into his hobbies, there are pictures of the things he has inside their home.”

Gasps can be heard from everyone except for the roommates.

 

“Woah, the place is nice but I’d die of suffocation though!”

“Yah! Why are the ski boards placed beside that huge tv?!”

“The rilakummas are so cute!! But this seems to be blocking Baekhyun’s wardrobe cabinet already.”

“Look! There’s a watermelon on their fruit basket! Wait, that’s not a watermelon. Is that a bowling ball?”

“If I were to sell these, these can support my family for decades.”

 “Why are there so many boxes of adidas shoes stacked?!”

“If a robber were to rob this place, he’d be so lucky!”

“He’d have a hard time taking all these though.”

And other comments pertaining to the extremity of Chanyeol’s addiction.

 

Everyone was focused to the screen, but Yeong ja knocks them out from reverie.

“Okay! We’ve seen it already,” She starts, “Ah, this Chanyeol guy is no joke when it comes to collecting what he likes. Well, let’s all welcome the man behind these riches!”

The camera shows a good-looking guy, whose black hair styled in a pushed back manner while clad in a black oversized jacket, shyly smiling in front of the camera which makes the entire female population in the audience squeal in delight and a few howls coming from the men. Yeong ja, being the only female host of the show, is the first one to express her admiration on the handsome specimen.

“Yah, Baekhyun! You didn’t tell us your roommate is so handsome!” She lightly hits him with the placard and gleefully laughs while Baekhyun can only smile.

“He probably got all his stuff from all the girls he dated!” One of the hosts commented.

The accused smiled wider showing his blindingly white teeth and waves a hand to deny the host. “Ah, no, no! I paid for them all.”

“Kyaaaah! His voice is even more handsome! I can already drown from its deepness!” Along with the female viewers, Yeong ja just can’t stop pinpointing Chanyeol’s charms which Baekhyun had fallen for 3 years ago.

“Stop it already! You’re looking like a sea lion flapping its arms everywhere.” Dongyup teases which earns him a death glare but effectively made the female host stop.

Excessive chuckles fill the room.

“Okay, let’s get back to the main purpose of this show, helping our Baekhyunnie here, and stop ogling at his roommate, Chanyeollie.” Chanwoo states. Baekhyun nods while Chanyeol just wants to hide.

Chanyeol wants to go home already. Baekhyun and he already talked about coming here in the show and at that time, he was tricked by his roommate adorable droopy eyes pleading and that stupid kissable lips of his. Never did he realize Baekhyun’s attractive features until a few months ago.

How did he become this weak for him?

But right now, he just wants to be cooped up in his studio and create new beats and combination of rhythmic sounds to soothe his nervousness away in the eyes of the public. This is why he wants to stay hidden. He doesn’t want attention or spotlight on him. Baekhyun said it’s okay if he won’t reveal himself. They can just come up with a generic and vague description of his job.

He didn’t get the big deal about his hobbies. At first, he got angry with his roommate for sending the letter to the show. Baekhyun risked in exposing his identity and he later realized how exasperated he has been because of this.

Out of frustration during their fight, the smaller accidentally blurted out, “I don’t get it! Why won’t you just let people know who you are?! It’s not like you’re ugly or anything. Heck, you can even say you’re like Adonis’ son or Aphrodite’s your grandmother and people would even believe you!”

Once Baekhyun realizes what he previously said, he looks flushed and a patch of pink found its way to his cheeks. With an impossible wish of making the ground swallow him in front of the dumbfounded tall version of yoda, he huffs and turns his back towards his own room.

“Wait, he finds me handsome?” Chanyeol mutters to himself but not without a wide smile across his face.

The outburst also pushed him into agreeing to take part in Hello Counselor because he’d like for Baekhyun to further elaborate on the matter.

 

Back in the studio, Chanyeol intently focuses on the hosts. He does not want to look stupid in his first ever appearance and to make bad impression once he reveals who he truly is and as to why he has this kind of hobby of hobbies.

 

Get it? Get it?

 

He made up his mind seconds ago, although still unsure and unconfident as to how he’d do it, but it; come what may.

“Okay, since we heard your roommate’s side, why don’t you speak for your side?” Dongyup suggests, “I mean, the ski boards just can’t explain how they ended up in the living room, right?”

Chanyeol chuckles. “Pretty much everything that Baek said is true. I just didn’t realize it’s that kind of big deal that he’d actually sent a letter in this show.”

“Did you even see the state of your home?” Taegyun sarcastically retorts.

“Ah, well..” The taller smiles sheepishly.

“Don’t think your pretty face can get away with this, young man.” Yeong ja, who has taken a liking to Chanyeol, suddenly changes sides, “Baekhyun just told me something. Go, Baekhyunnie, tell him.”

Baekhyun suddenly regrets complaining to Yeong ja as he comes face to face with the confused puppy.

“Uh, ahm, uh,” Baekhyun stutters, “I–I really have a hard time organizing and cleaning your stuff, Yeol. Sometimes, my back aches from carrying and fixing your things like the golf clubs or the cabinets blocking some of my things. Th, They–They’re somewhat of a nuisance for me at home. I come home from work earlier than you and I’m really tired but I need to fix your things first before actually taking a rest.”

This confession brings Chanyeol back to the times he pouts at Baekhyun for sleeping so early when he’s excited to let him hear his new songs. He thought that the smaller just doesn’t care for him and doesn’t want to spend time with him. And there’s this time when he left home in a messy state as he was finding his gloves for bowling in a hurry, but when he came home, it was already neat and tidy and Baekhyun was already fast asleep. This happened several times and he thanked his roommate for these moments. However, he didn’t think of what Baekhyun had gone through and through, and for that, he feels like an .

Baekhyun watches as his roommate’s face morphs from a confused puppy to a kicked puppy. He doesn’t want the taller male to be sad but it’s also what he feels and he feels like he isn’t considered in the equation.

“Oh, uhm, I never knew you’d feel that way,” Chanyeol replied solemnly.

“Of course! How can he talk to you when he gets knock out of bed even before he can complain?” Taegyum tries to lighten up the mood.

Baekhyun slightly chuckles while Chanyeol still looks sad and seems to reminisce some memories. He knows the giant has a big, soft golden heart despite having the physical characteristics of a typical playboy or rich . Chanyeol takes everything to his heart which makes him fall in love with him even more, but he can sometimes be clueless and oblivious to others; just like Baekhyun’s feelings through and through.

The hosts seem to notice that Chanyeol needs time so they divert the attention to the celebrity guests.

“Oh you, Suho and Sehun, you seem to be discussing something.” The camera focuses on the two who are closer than ever whispering to themselves and quickly pull apart from each other.

 “Ah well, we have a similar case with that of Chanyeol and Baekhyun too.” Suho explained.

“In what way?”

“Well, we are roommates for 5 years,” Sehun starts his storytelling in a relaxed state as he lands his hand on Suho’s thigh, “Suho hyung doesn’t clean at all. Like at all.”

“So you’re like Baekhyun who has a hard time cleaning up his roommate’s mess then?”

“Oh, I don’t clean too.” Sehun directly answers which causes another roll of laughter. He continues, “It’s only similar since we’re both Chanyeol in our case. We’re currently arguing as to who should be Baekhyun between us.”

Everybody laughs at this child’s play confession.

“Aish, you two are up to no good. Baekhyunnie, if either Sehun or Suho were to be your roommate, who’d you choose?”

If Baekhyun weren’t in love with this dumb giant, he’d pick both. He’ll be Cinderella after these two dashing step brothers for all he cares.

“None,” Baekhyun shyly responds. “I’d still choose Chanyeol since they’re as messy as him so there’s no point in changing.”

Cue the coos of the people around them.

“Seems like there’s deeper than friendship going on here,” Dongyup pushes eyeing the two adorable red-faced individuals.

Chanyeol must admit he’d be jealous if Baek would choose either of the two young men. His heart swells in pride as he hears the truthful answer from the midget.

“Chanyeol, would you like to say anything?”

The poor giant startles as eyes were on him.

“Ah, uh..” He seems at lost. Baekhyun feels down by the second.

“Well, if you’d like to give me another chance, I’d become a better roommate for you.” Baekhyun looks up as he playfully teases, “I’d even sell that mini cooper wasting away in our car parking lot.”

Baekhyun just can’t help but feel giddy. The atmosphere of the studio becomes light once again.

“Guys, it was hypothetically speaking. You’re taking it as if it’s going to happen.” Yeong ja chuckles. “You two would make a cute couple though.”

“Yah! The kids will come out when they want to come out, okay?” Chanwoo argues.

Contradicting to what he just said, he suddenly turns to Baekhyun and Chanyeol holding out his hand and speaks in a hurried voice, “Please do come out now so that we can have higher ratings for the show.”

“Aish, you guys, we’ve been spurting a lot of nonsense already.”

“Okay, okay, chill. Seems that Chanyeol’s comfortable now, right?”

Chanyeol can only nod with pursed lips. He still can’t get over the teasing and the couple thing and other things that just makes his ears redder than Rudolph’s nose.

“Speaking about that mini cooper, Chanyeol-ssi,” Yeong ja speaks slowly while the two males tense, “how are you that rich?”

“Uh, it’s because of my job?”

“How come you sound so unsure? Are you not confident of your job?” Chanwoo questions until a realization hits him, “Tell me, are selling..” He made an action indicating drugs and everyone looks at him incredulously.

“Yah!” Yeong ja shouts and defends the poor boy, “Are you crazy?!” She continues, “He is the drug!”

Laughs sweeps away the silence.

Chanyeol breathes heavily. Here comes nothing.

“I’m actually a music producer.” He confesses. Baekhyun, on the other side, seems alarmed. He looks at him and signals It’s fine which relaxes the smaller.

This peaks the interest of the audience, hosts, and celebrity guests.

“I’ve never heard of a music producer in the name of Park Chanyeol in the music industry.” Suho states questioningly as Sehun nods in agreement.

“Have you heard of—“ Chanyeol replies but was suddenly caught off by an actor known for his heart-shaped lips.

“Are you Loey, the no face music producer?” The wide-eyed actor speaks out for the first time since airing.

Countless of gasps and astonishment can be heard as the camera now focuses on Park Chanyeol, the man behind the ever-talented, multi-awardee songwriter/music producer, Loey.

Chanyeol nods in confirmation while wanting to hide his face.

“Kyungsoo, how did you know that?” Baekhyun asks.

“We were in a meeting on choosing our soundtracks for my movie and he was also there. He was just at the back, not wanting to take part in any of that. His song was picked out of the 25 choices, and he left after. That’s why he seemed so familiar.” Kyungsoo explains.

One host suddenly shouts.

“Woah, Sehun, Suho, you don’t need to come out now! This will already spike our ratings!”

The idols were undisturbed as they have their own world.

“No way, man! We’ve worked a couple times before!”

“Some of our songs were written and produced by him!”

Suho and Sehun cannot contain the happiness they’re feeling as they see the man behind their multiple song hits ever since they debuted.

The idols stands up and make their way across the stage. Chanyeol humbly meets them halfway as he soon as he understands their intention.

“Unbeliebable!” Suho mutters unknowingly louder than he intended to as he shakes hand with the man.

The idols return to their cushion after, and the hosts can’t wait to pry for more.

“Baekhyunnie, I feel so betrayed.” Yeong ja pouts, “First, you didn’t tell us your roommate is so handsome. Second, you didn’t tell us your roommate is the songwriter and music producer prodigy, Loey! I even thought Loey has a severe bad case of acne that’s why he won’t show up for 3 years! And lastly, you’re keeping this gem all to yourself!”

“Yah, stop pouting. The camera already puts additional ten pounds on you. Now, you look even ten times fatter.” Dongyup teases for the umpteenth time which gains him a smack on the face by the female host.

“Uh, well, Yeol doesn’t want any attention or fame. He doesn’t want to meddle into the busy life of the entertainment industry deeper than he already has.” Baekhyun shares, “Up until now, there are agents from model or talent agencies who try to recruit him. He just politely refuses them. He just wants a simple life where he can create music; share and inspire other people; and make them happy.”

The gentle smile on Baekhyun’s face looks so pure and innocent that the music producer just wants kiss him right there and then.

, Chanyeol, control yourself.

Cue awws and coos from the surrounding people.

The hosts and celebrity guests find it cute that what Baekhyun said is filled with pure love and admiration for his roommate while the guy on the other side is trying not burst out of bliss and giddiness and all rainbows and unicorns on the spot.

Now, everyone knows the precious feeling is mutual. Everyone knows but the two owners of the beating hearts.

“Aigoo, aigoo, young love!”

Baekhyun was suddenly pulled out from his paradisiacal thoughts of the man and denies the host in fear of making his roommate uneasy and of course, a weak attempt to conceal his feelings.

“Ah, no that’s not it!” He weakly laughs it off. “It’s not what you think! I’m sure Chanyeol doesn’t see it in this way an—“

“Do you,” Chanyeol interrupts. He has this serious game face on which Baekhyun only sees once in a blue moon. He slowly continues not wanting to make a wrong step, “see me in that way?”

The atmosphere tenses. Some are going crazy through the roller coaster of emotions blazing through the studio. Some are dying to know the end already. Some are enjoying the suspense of it all.

However, Baekhyun’s mind is as blank as your incognito webpage.

“I – I, uh,” He tries to convey what his heart wants to tell but it seems like his mouth can’t.

Damn it, Byun! it, just say a simple yes!

Baekhyun is going too slow, Chanyeol is losing hope.

Chanyeol looks down and shakes his head in defeat.

Why would he look like that?

No, no, no, no, no, no, no—

“YES! I – Uh, uhm, yes, yes, of course,” Baekhyun finally lets it all out, “Yes! I feel this way about you! I’m in love with you damn it! ”

“..but I don’t know if you feel the same way.” He ends with a heavy sigh.

The people watching pities the live dramatic scene in front of them. Young ja looks like she’s about to burst whale tears. Jongin clutches Kyungsoo’s shoulder for support. Suho and Sehun are observing as the masterpiece of real life unfolds. Everyone is clutching their breaths. Even the producer silently anticipates back in the room intently watching in camera 1.

Camera 3 zoomed into Chanyeol’s face capturing the wide, gorgeous smile that slowly creeps across his lips.

“Baekkie,” He uses the nickname which annoys Baekhyun the most. He strides towards the most adorable human being on this planet until they’re about a meter apart while the others distanced themselves from the couple.

“Would I even care to ask you if I wouldn’t be?”

One thing that Baekhyun hates the most is when he demands for an answer but is given a question instead.

“Again with the rhetorical questions, Park!” He huffs and crunches his nose which grows into the lanky man’s heart, “Why don’t you just answer me directly and not with—“

He’s suddenly cut off by a pair of soft lips on his own. Eyes wide enough to process the very little space between his face and Chanyeol. Similar bulging eyes can be seen from literally, everywhere. Hands covering the mouths in shocking. Howls from the rowdy boys. Squeals from the girls dying from this live boyxboy action.

The kiss was just quick. Just for the small one to shut up and it efficiently did.

Chanyeol leans away and whispers, “Is that direct enough?”

 

In summary for this story line in episode 614 of Hello Counselor, the hosts did not mainly resolve the complaint of their guest, Byun Baekhyun, which is about his roommate’s excessive spending on his regular changed hobbies. Rather, they helped him in his unspeakable love life problem with the said man. In a twist and turn of events, his roommate reveals his true identity of being the music prodigy, Loey, which explains his financial capability. Instead of counselling, the show became a dramatic love confession scene which romantically ended with a kiss. The slotted time for this story entitled, “Too much, Roomie!” was fully consumed by the drama and long forgotten was the need of actual help.

For Park Chanyeol’s final statement of resolution, he promised, “I’ll clean all the mess I’ve made. I’ll sell the useless things I’ve bought throughout the years. I’ll spend my money wisely and save some for you know, dates, vacation, wedding, honeymoon, and so on..”

He ended with a wink while earning a punch on the arm from his first ever boyfriend.

 

Tune in for the next story, “Scary outside, Softy inside!”

We will counsel you on your unspeakable concerns!

A national competition on worries!

This is Hello Counselor!

 

 

25,679,627 views | 5,768,157 comments | 23,577,899 likes

 

Comment section:

[+3,368,734, -1,799] Y’all know what this is? This is pure love, and it’s rare and precious. Hold onto yours once you’ve found it.

[+1,266,357, -3,805] Aigoo~ 4 years have passed and their already married but this is still my most favorite video of them! Stay strong, Chanbaek!

[+805,094, -98] I’ve watched this like thousands of times already but I’ll always feel like my hearts going to burst any second now before Chanyeol walks towards Baek and kisses him right then and there!

                [+3,635, -175,536] SPOILER ALERT!! 

                                [+455,722, 873, -3,523] Not to burst your bubble, but the whole Korea knows about this.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah, another nonsense of mine. 

twitter: https://twitter.com/chanbaekIine

let's be friends!

p.s the private message here in aff is confusing for me haha x