Chapter 5

Smile Like You Mean It

Jin woke up alone in his own bed. After their evening came to a finish Namjoon dropped Jin off to his apartment for the night so that he could pack for the day. Namjoon promised that he would be back to help later that day, there were just some business related things he needed to take care of back at his office. Jin yawned and raised his hands above his head to stretch before he began to get ready for his day. 

 

To say that Jin was nervous was an understatement.  This was one of the riskiest things he's done since becoming an . He didn't think he'd find a partner in his job. He didn't think he would agree to live with them either but here he is. His parents had always told him that he could be impulsive. He knew he was but he wasn't ashamed because his rash decision making usually left him better off than when he started most of the time. Jin could only hope this was one of those times. 

 

After getting ready he went to go make breakfast for him and his soon to be former roommates.  Today's breakfast consisted of rice, kimchi, other side dishes, and Samgyeopsal. He usually didn't make Korean foods for breakfast but today was a special occasion and he wanted to leave Jimin and Taehyung with leftovers. He was going to miss living with them. Jin heard footsteps in the kitchen.  Before he can turn around there is a pair of arms around his waist. 

 

"Jin!! I'm gonna miss you and your cooking so much! How are we going to live without you!!" Jimin sobbed. Jin turned around in the younger's arms and pulled him to his chest. While Jimin was soaking his T-shirt with tears Taehyung walked into the kitchen rubbing the cold from his eyes. After fully waking himself up Tae walks over to join the hug too. 

 

"Guys, I'm going to miss you too, but I'm going to visit and you can always visit me. Besides, I don't trust both of you enough to keep the house out of complete chaos while I'm gone." Jin pats them both on the back. He wasn't going too far and was serious when he said that he'd visit. Jimin and Taehyung had become dear people to him. 

 

"Now let me go before the food gets too cold." Jimin pulled back sniffling. Taehyung and Jimin walked over to the table while Jin went to bring them their plates.  Breakfast was quiet. Everyone too focused on eating the amazing cuisine that Jin made for them than other things. When they were finished Taehyung took the dishes to the sink to wash and Jimin helped Jin put the leftovers away. Jin had made enough to last them the next two days. He knew that they'd survive regardless but a little help never hurt anyone. 

 

"Hyung, can we help you pack your things?" Tae asked. His voice was deep and rough, not fully recovered from the sleep he had. Jimin perked up in excitement.

 

"Yes! We're gonna help you whether you want us to or not. It's the least we can do for the big meal you gave us..." Jimin left no room for debating. Jin grinned softly then nodded his head. 

 

The boys gathered in Jin's room taking clothes out of the dresser and putting them in boxes. He was going to leave his bed and sheets there for when he came back to visit. Jimin had put on music. Pop sounds were blasting throughout the house so loudly that Jin almost missed the knock on the door. 

 

When Jin opens the door he isn't surprised to find Namjoon. Namjoon steps inside pulling Jin in with a kiss. Seeing his lover had brought a very calming effect on him. Namjoon had been stressed today with work and Jungkook woke up with a stomachache today because his uncles let him overdo it on pizza the night before. Namjoon didn't end up leaving his apartment until Yoongi and Hoseok were able to convince him that they were capable of taking care of their nephew. He was also up all night making finishing touches in his room so that Jin could have space.  To say the least, Namjoon was VERY excited. He could not wait to come home after long days at work and seeing Jin and his son living comfortably. He was looking forward to the petty arguments, makeups, and bonding. The only person who could be more ready for Jin was Jungkook but he could let his son steal the thunder later when Jin actually moved all of his things in. 

 

Taehyung and Jimin ran to the living room to see what was taking their beloved hyung so long and almost ran into each other when they saw Namjoon standing there with his forehead pressed against Jins leaving soft kisses all over his face. 

 

"So! This is the man that's stolen Jin from us?" Jin jumps from shock bumping heads with Namjoon after hearing Taehyungs voice. Jimin giggles behind his hands. Before Jin can retaliate Namjoon his walking pass him towards his roommates. 

 

"You must be Taehyung and Jimin. My name is Namjoon and I will be taking care of Jin from now on." Namjoon smiles widely showing his dimples.  Everyone in the room swoons. 

 

"Oh, Jinnie-hyung you didn't tell us that your boyfriend was so handsome. " Jimin laughs making his eye smile.

 

"I'm Jimin and this is my cousin Taehyung. Please take care of him. If anything at all were to happen to him we'd have to hunt you down." Jimin says this very seriously while Taehyung stands behind him nodding. The cute bubbly boy went from adorable to dangerous in a matter of seconds and honestly it was a little intimidating, even for Namjoon.  Taehyung glares at the man while he looks him up and down. He makes eye contact and nods at Jin as if he was giving his approval of the man.  Jin gives a nervous smile back to the boys with a thumbs up. It warmed his heart to know that they cared for him so much. 

 

"Well, we're pretty much finished with packing all of the things I want to bring. Anything else I can just come back and get later." Namjoon nods his head and follows Jin to his room to help him load the cars. Namjoon didn't drive his Tesla today knowing that he would have to help his lover with his boxes. Instead, he drove an escalade that he owned. He only used it for when his parents came to visit. It was the first car he bought in America while Kookie was still a baby. He got it so that his son could have all of the room in the world if he wanted to and for when his son made friends but Jungkook preferred the Tesla.  Namjoon would have considered it a waste if it wasn't for today. After today the car would be used strictly for mafia-related business since no one would recognize it, unlike that god damn Tesla. 

 

After packing Namjoons car up and saying goodbye to his crying roommates a million times Jin was finally ready to leave. He drove his car following behind Namjoon to his new home. He was jittery. He could always change his mind and move back in with Tae and Jimin but he didn't want to let Namjoon or Jungkook down. When they arrived Yoongi and Hoseok met them in the parking lot to help bring in Jin's things. He didn't really have too much since what he packed was mostly clothes and toiletries. The rest of his things were momentos and stuffies that he couldn't live without. With all four of them helping they managed to unpack the car pretty quickly. They brought all of the boxes to Namjoon's room. The man had cleared an entire side of his walk-in closet for him hoping that it would be enough. If it wasn't Namjoon was willing to empty his entire closet if he had to so that he could satisfy his love. 

 

The day had gone smoothly and uneventfully. Jin made dinner for everyone in the house after he was settled. 

 

Today was the start of what could be forever and if not forever then a really, really, long time. 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

BONUS TIME

 

Jungkook was sitting on the couch with his uncles. They were leaving in two days and he wanted to spend as much time with them as possible. After his stomach started to feel better they had taken him to the park and to an arcade as a way of saying sorry for letting the boy eat so much. They didn't expect him to try and eat the whole damn pizza by himself. They didn't know that he liked pizza that much. 

 

The TV was playing some show that Uncle Hobi was into. Yoongi watched it too while running his fingers through his nephew's hair. He was going to miss him so much. During their relaxation time, Hoseok's phone began to ring. 

 

"Hello?"

 

"Hoseokie! My son! My baby! Where is Kookie?" Hoseok put the phone on speaker. 

 

"Hello to you too mom. I'm doing great thanks for asking. Yoongi is still the love of my life. I'm so glad you called to check on me." Hoseok rolls his eyes. Yoongi raises his eyebrow while staring at his future husband. He liked his soon to be mother in law but she usually didn't call unless she wanted something. 

 

"Hobi, honey, I didn't ask all of that. I said where is my grandson. I tried calling his tablet but he didn't pick up!" His mom whined. 

 

"How do you even know that we're with him?" Hoseok didn't remember telling him that they were coming to visit Namjoon and Jungkook. If he did she would have tried to come and no one had wanted that yet. 

 

"I think that you're forgetting who I am." Their mother was good at spying. It was her job while she was in charge of BTS with their father. No one knows how she got so amazing at it and she refused to tell anyone.  She was legendary within the mafia for her talents and was to never be taken lightly. 

 

"Now, I'm going to facetime you and you're going to put my baby on the phone and you're going to show me your fiance's beautiful face. If you don't pick up don't be surprised when that video of you spreads." His mother's voice was sickeningly sweet. Jungkook sat in silence while Hoseok's face paled. The phone rang again right after she finished her sentence. Hoseo picked up immediately. 

 

"Do what I said." Hoseok quickly passes the phone to Yoongi. She coos at him and has a quick conversation about what's going on in his life until he passes the phone to Jungkook. 

 

"Grandma!!" Jungkook loved calls from his grandparents and they had been calling a lot more often lately. 

 

"Hi my handsome boy! Why didn't you pick up your iPad when grandma called you?" 

 

"I don't have it. I left it in my room. Why are you calling today Grandma?" Jungkook wanted to spend time with Yoongi and Hobi. His grandma was taking that away. 

 

"Your dad won't tell me about him and his new boyfriend. What do you know?" Hoseok choked. Oh . His mom clearly wasn't above going to her grandson for questioning. 

 

"Oh! Jin moved in today! He's living with us because dad says that they love each other so much. Jin is going to make breakfast and he's going to get me from school. His food tastes so good and sometimes he brings me presents. He's really nice." Yoongi's eyes were wide. How much was this kid going to say? Yoongi looks over worriedly at Hoseok. Did Namjoon want his mom knowing all of that? Namjoon had always been a private man when it came to his life. He didn't even have friends. 

 

"Moved in you say? Where are they now Kookie?" Her curiousity was only increasing. This was not good. At all. 

 

"They're in dad's room." Jungkook didn't look phased by the questioning at all. 

 

"I wanna talk to your dad. Bring me to him" Yoongi was going to stop Jungkook but Hoseok interceptd holding his lover to the couch. He knew it was risky but the video being spread was even riskier. Yoongi would understand hopefully. 

 

Jungkook runs up the stairs to his father's room. He knocks on the door before coming in. 

 

"Come in!" When Jungkook walks in Jin is sitting on the floor surrounded by clothes. All of his stuffed animals were already placed on a shelf and his pictures were on Namjoon's dresser. 

 

"Hi Jinnie. Hi dad. Grandma is on the phone and she wants to talk to you." Namjoon's face is hit with confusion but before he can ask Jungkook shoves the phone in his hands and leaves the room to go be with his uncles. 

 

"Eomma..." Namjoon is nervous. Jin had never talked to his mom and he had a sinking feeling that she knew he was there. 

 

"Kim Namjoon. So you just weren't going to tell me about you moving another man into the house? Your father and I are coming to visit soon. We want to meet him. Put him on the phone. Now." Namjoon quickly hands the phone over to his boyfriend. Jin panics. He didn't wanna do this right now. He's not presentable enough to meet parents, not even through the phone. 

 

"Hello. Oh my gosh, you look so much like your mother.  I'm Namjoon's mother. I'm so excited to come meet you. Your parents and I were good friends when we were younger. I'm glad you met Joonie so that he can take care of you. I will too. He's a good man because I raised him that way." She started to ramble so Jin interrupted her speaking formal korean. 

 

"How did you know my parents?" He had met plenty of his parents friends but he never met her for some reason. 

 

"We went to school together. I remember coming to you see you after you were born. I knew you'd grow into a beautiful man and now you're with my son. How blessed we are." Jin wanted to cry. He hadn't talked to anyone that knew his parents since they died. 

 

They would have talked for the rest of the night if Hoseok hadn't come asking for his phone. 

 

Later that night in bed, Jin was cuddled up to Namjoon's chest with Namjoon 

planting kisses on his forehead. They had both wished Jungkook a goodnight not too long ago and were prepared for tomorrow. 

 

Jin was overcome with emotion. The tears fell down his face before he could stop them. Namjoon pulled Jin closer. He didn't say anything. He didn't need to. He already knew his love was overwhelmed and they would talk about it when Jin was ready. For now, Namjoon was going to hold Jin and not let go. 

 

 

AN: LY:ANSWER IS SUPPOSED TO DROP ON FRIDAY BUT THAT S MY BIRTHDAY IDK WHAT'S MORE IMPORTANT. Also read that stuff below to find out what the dreaded video is

I'm thinking of giving these chapters actual names.   I just got back from Korea. I'm jetlagged af and i've been busy and when I wasnt being busy I was being lazy. I'd read other stories and be like oh I should update mine and I've finally did.

I started working on this at 3 am. It's 8:46 am. What is sleep? This was more of a filler chapter than anything else ig. Also the (fictional) video is of Hoseok playing in the snow when he was 3 but he ended up peeing all over himself and turning the snow yellow. Since then it has been used for sabotage and blackmail purposes by his parents. WHEN GRANDMA CALLS ASSUME KOREAN IS BEING SPOKEN UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED