Chocolate

Brian in the Life of Jae
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cold wind was blowing in his face, gold rimmed glasses felt uncomfortable on the bridge of his nose. Jae took them off, which was not the smartest decision because his sight became a lot worse at that moment. He pocketed them, making sure nothing else was there as to not to scratch them. Tightening the coat around his lanky frame, he walked further, almost aimlessly, for more than forty minutes - his legs brought him to a part of the town that he didn’t know that well. He rarely went this way, but his endless roaming brought him here so why the hell not, he thought.

His parents wanted to go home together with him and celebrate, but Jae canceled that plan in order to spend some more time with his friends. That however didn’t work out either as they decided to part ways after the ceremony and meet later that evening.

Jae, even though he was blind like a bat, saw convenience store in the distance and that always reminded him of ramyun, beverages and different sweets and snacks they would always buy together with Wonpil on their way to or from school. 

For Jae it was kind of hard to believe that his whole high school life is over now. As much as he wished for all of it to be over, it somehow went faster than he actually thought it would… Especially after certain someone became their music teacher and Jae caught feelings. Pushing his thoughts aside, Jae walked into the convenience store. Realising he can’t see a thing properly, he put his glasses on again. They were fogged up as he walked from cold outdoors environment into this crazily overheated store, but was he ever to say no to warmness? Nope. Jae thought it wouldn’t cause damage to anyone if he walked like that until he can see properly. That was until his body collided with someone.  

 

No way in hell. Jae was speechless at this point, because as soon as his vision cleared, face he knows very well swam into focus. To say the other guy looked surprised would be an understatement. 

“J-Jae? What are you doing here?” Younghyun asked stuttering. He looked like a little kid caught red handed - several bars of chocolate in his hands.

“What about you? Having chocolate for lunch?” Jae asked back, without answering.

Brian quickly slid his hands behind his back, his cheeks turning crismon. Jae was very sure it was because of that overheated store

, surely not because he embarrassed the older to the bone.

"A-actually, these are not for me." Younghyun stuttered again, internally face-palming himself.

Oh Jae thought. Not for him, that means it's for her. Jae was not amused. He was somewhat okay with the fact that his Brian is getting married, but the fact that he came to his graduation but didn't even bother to say goodbye, that made him furious. He indeed meant nothing to Brian, yet he worshipped the man for several years of his life, and in the deepest corner of his heart he hoped his feelings would be returned. But no. Brian is buying chocolate for someone else. Not for himself. I'd rather he be diabetic from all the sugar . Jae mentally scratched that sentence as soon as it popped up in his mind. Bad, bad Jae. 

"Jae?" Younghyun calling his name brought him back to reality. "You okay? You seem…"

"Seem what. Angry, disappointed? No way in hell, teach." Jae hissed. 

"No.. just, you act differently than before." Younghyun furrowed his brows and looked up at Jae with what could be described as guilty expression. He knew, this chocolate addicted idiot knew exactly just why Jae was upset.

"You are not my teacher anymore, so I guess I act more comfortable around you..?" Jae tried, he really tried to sound casual.

Younghyun's mouth twitched at that. "You were always comfortable around me. You used to-" He stopped mid sentence. His eyes widened almost comically as he noticed something over Jae's shoulder. He shook his head no vigorously but it seemed too late, because when Jae turned around, he saw a tiny female marching in their direction. She was staring Younghyun down, despite her height.

"Wheeeeeere is my chocolate?" She squinted, failing to notice Younghyun was talking to someone. 

"Uhm," Jae cleared his throat, "I'll be going. Congratulations to the two of you, you look great toge-" He stopped when the woman's hand was pressed against his mouth. Hard.

"If you are who I think you are, then stop right there."

Jae narrowed h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter