Plastic Love

All The World's A Stage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie let three days go by. Then on the fourth day of more shooting, she realised how unbelievably boring it is without Jisoo being here, physically. She missed speaking to her and watching her idol showcase her phenomenal acting skills. The first step, anyway, was to make Jisoo feel better no matter how long it takes. That she wanted more than anything else in the world. The only thing different was that she didn’t see her as a colleague now, more like a wall holding her back from reaching what her original goal was: to merely gain experience as an actress. She kept hard to not think about the older girl and focus on shooting all the parts that she missed last week due to her short days break. James, Michael and Bosco were like substitutes to help her along her acting journey, but it wasn’t the same.
Now, Jennie was loitering around waiting for lunch break to end. She was desperate for conversation.

There was a piece of paper laying facedown on the floor all day. She decided to not ignore it anymore since she had nothing else to do and trudged over to pick it up. Seeing her name dispersed the grey clouds in her mind. It was Jisoo’s latest script.
“Ah perfect, I’m glad you found it,” Her face fell hearing Mr Zhang’s stern voice. “If you can, could you please give this to her this afternoon? Jisoo has been absent as you know and I’m not sure if she’s read the online script I sent her.” Mr Zhang asked, walking up behind her.
Jennie absent-mindedly stared down at the script while turning around.


“No problem, sir.” She agreed, quicker than lightning. She was dying to see her again despite keeping up with her on news websites.
“It’ll be quicker than having the postman send it to her anyway. And maybe, you could check up on her if it’s not too troubling?”
Mental breakdowns are not fun, especially after breakups. They were the worst, so she knew she’ll do that for sure.
“No problem,” she repeated with the same bubbly tone. “I mean, we all want her back don’t we…”

He breathed a sigh of relief, but his face expressed something else. Jennie stiffened and wondered if he was disappointed in her. It must be because of their absences that the movie might have to be delayed which could potentially upset fans.
“Having two out of three lead actors going on a break is a bit hard to handle for most directors. Luckily, the release date isn’t going to be pushed back because we shot the scenes where you aren’t supposed to be in them when you were away. Then we’ll just piece them back into the right order after everything is shot and edited. We can do the same with Jisoo,” he continued solemnly, “We need her back as soon as possible if we want the momentum going strong.” He did his best to ease Jennie’s mind.
With that, he turned and walked back into the foyer ready to gather up all the actors and actresses to talk about the next scene.

-

Jennie’s thoughts had played jump rope into the afternoon, searching back through her life for clues and pieces of a puzzle she had always been. Startled, she asked, “What’s the time?” She didn’t realise how long she’d been waiting in her car, her hands still gripped tight around the steering wheel. As if too scared to knock at Jisoo’s door.
It was 3pm on the dot. Since she was on her phone, she might as well triple check if the breakup was legit to reassure herself on how to act appropriately with Jisoo. Jennie considered Jisoo’s circumstances: the sudden responsibility to improve herself, her recent breakup with Bobby.

-

Jisoo, on the other hand, was having the time of her life not having to work or shoot. But her relaxation time soon drew to a close when she noticed a flurry of people crowded outside her gate; it was so crowded that no one was able to get in.
“No, please no. Not the paparazzi! Can’t the birthday girl get some privacy?” She goes into her living room and draws the curtain, then sits on her couch and peered outside, not expecting to see Jennie inside the gates.
She had a curious feeling that her brain remained calm and logical and that her body was out of control. She had the idea of running out onto the terrace and jumping in her pool…
However, Jisoo let the lone girl wait outside on purpose to stir up drama, just as she likes it.

-

A light breeze ruffled the young brunette’s hair despite hiding behind statues as tall as her. Jennie had just arrived gasping, supporting herself on the gate after desperately making her way to her giant house. Jennie wanted to get in as quickly as possible to avoid listening to more of the gossips made about her. She had no idea a paparazzi group was going to turn up right when she stepped into Jisoo’s property, but the door wasn’t unlocked like last time, not that she expected it to be. She turned again with her hand on the doorknob but was met with the same strength from the other side. It is only a few hours before dawn, and Jennie is happy and tired and sore, and when Jisoo opened the door, Jennie looks up as if surprised to see her. She knows she isn’t; this is her game, and has been since they started.

The paparazzi stopped whatever they were doing when they saw Jisoo as if they were stunned by her beauty — which they were btw. Her giant high heels were able to add 3 inches to her height, making her feel dominant.
Jisoo laid a hand gently on the shorter girl’s shoulder. A wave of warmth washed over Jennie, like an opened oven or a spill of bath water. Jisoo’s fingers were warm, the heat emanating from them so strong that Jennie was thankful for the presence of her shirt on the skin between them.
Not even a second after that, the crowd went crazy.
“SHE’S TOUCHING HER!!!!” they screeched in unison.


Jesus, my fans are really something, aren't they?
“Aww look at that, people are jealous of you.” She spoke in a low tone for only Jennie’s ears. Jisoo proceeded to back-hug the embarrassed girl with her pretty arms lingered down around Jennie’s chest. The fans were angered to the point where one started to faint. It was chaos. Jisoo shushed them, and the racket immediately stopped that not even the wind was able to carry the echo of their voices. “Come on in… Just kiddingggg.”

Jisoo snatched Jennie inside and clicked the door closed. The noisiness completely turned down a whole notch that Jennie thought she was back in her car. She leaned into Jennie as if telling her a secret, “They're really jealous of you, Jennie.” She held her ear against the door before leaving to go towards the living room. Jennie felt like being into a black hole and spat out into a different dimension. She didn’t know what to do first: greet her usually, ask about the people outside or if everything has been going smoothly after th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter