Final

There's Nothing That Alcohol Can't Fix
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
There's Nothing that Alcohol Can't Fix

- a mindless drabble by yours truly xo; happy new year!

 

 

"Just go home, Nayeon."

Mina rolls her eyes to this and then crosses her arms across her chest as well, mimicking Nayeon’s posture (except that she looked more intimidating with the white coat that she was wearing).

“God, Nayeon. It’s freaking 10 in the evening. Go home and rest, you still have work tomorrow.”

Nayeon, persistent as ever, stands firmly on her ground before saying, “I know that your shift ends at 1 in the morning. I’ll wait.”

“Suit yourself, but don’t blame me if you get cold while waiting.” Mina looks Nayeon up and down, noting how the girl was severely underdressed for a cold December night. “Now, if you would excuse me I have patients to attend to.” She raises the clipboard she has on hand before she spins on her heels and walks away.

Nayeon just stares and stares until Mina disappeared ‘round the hospital hallway. She was probably going to her assigned situation for her night shift. She sighs thereafter, knowing exactly why Mina was a bit hesitant with hanging out with her. If only she wasn’t stupid enough, Mina wouldn’t be sulking like she was right now.

(Although she had to admit that a sulking Mina was a cute sight.)

 

***

 

"Yo, having a fight with your girl?" Kim Jongin, one of the resident doctors, sits next to Mina. They were at a nurses’ station, taking a break from the last round they had for the night. "I saw her at the lobby, and she seems to be sulking like how you are right now."

Mina turns to the man and narrows her eyes on him.

"I'm not sulking, sunbae." She tries to reason, "I'm just tired after doing rounds."

"That doesn't explain why your girlfriend is out there, and you're here... sulking." Jongin cracks a grin before elbowing his junior.

"I said I am not-"

"Oi, Mina!" A voice interjects, taking Mina and Jongin's attention. It was Kim Taehyung, one of Mina's co-interns and friends, who had walked inside the station. He shoots the girl a confused look. "Your girlfriend is outside. Did you know?"

Mina could only bang her head on the table.

"I know that! Jeez!" she speaks through her teeth. Should she be reminded again and again that Nayeon is actually outside? "Besides, it's not like she's not going to survive o be alone for a few hours. Pft."

"Did you guys fight?" Taehyung hops and sits on the table, crossing his arms on his chest as he looks down at Mina and Jongin. "Wait." He gasps upon a sudden realization. "You and Nayeon so had a fight!"

"Guys, stop it!" Mina's normally soft voice suddenly became condescending. "I'm not-"

A voice cuts in just in time. "Mina~"

"Oh god, what now?!" She groans loudly this time without knowing who it was that had cut through her sentence for the second time. "I know that Nayeon is outside, cut it out!"

Mina turned to the voice – her face draining in a matter of seconds after realizing that it was Sana, one of the staff nurses, who owns the voice.

"I was going to invite you for some coffee before we end our shift," Sana says. She awkwardly looks down and shifts her weight from one foot to another. "Guess you're not in the mood, I'm sorry."

"I- no, I mean, I didn't mean to shout at you, Sana." Mina suddenly feels the guilt flooding in. This was Sana who she just shouted at, the same bubbly, full of sunshine Minatozaki Sana. "I'm terribly sorry, Sana."

Jongin and Taehyung snickers on the side, amused at the current situation Mina was in to.

"It’s fine, Mina my friend." Sana pulls her lips into a lopsided grin. "I'm just messing with you," she says, "I was supposed to tell you that Nayeon's outside."

Taehyung, Jongin, and Sana break into a huge laugh.

"God, I seriously hate you guys!"

 

***

 

Okay, maybe being guilty is an understatement for Mina feels the whole world caving in on her when she sees Nayeon sleeping on the lobby benches. She was shivering from the cold with arms wrapped around her own petite frame.

How long has it been since the girl said that she'd wait for her?

Right, three hours.

"Im Nayeon, should you really do this to me?" Mina mutters to herself, disappointed at how cruel she had been to Nayeon – even leaving her in the cold without any warmth. She takes off her leather coat as she makes her way towards Nayeon. Carefully, she slowly she drapes it around the girl's shoulder, hoping it would at least provide her some warmth.

"Hey," Mina speaks softly.

Nayeon slowly stirs awake only to be greeted by Mina's soft brown orbs staring at her.

"Oh, hey, you're back," she says. She lifts her wrist to look at her watch. It was already thirty minutes before two in the morning. "Your shift ended already?"

Mina nods slowly, reaching out her hands to Nayeon, "Yeah, let's go home?"

A smile makes its way on Nayeon's lips. "Am I hearing this right?"

"Stop it Nayeon." With a roll of the eye, Mina withdraws her hand halfway, but Nayeon was able to grab it, squeezing it softly. Mina was taken aback by this gesture, yet she still managed to harden her tone. "I'm still not over that you stood me up, Nayeon. Don't get all y with me."

"Alright." Nayeon cheekily grins, her bunny teeth flaunting its presence. "But that doesn't mean I can't hold your hand."

"Whatever." Mina could only shrug. “Now come on, I still have to drive you home.”

"O - okay." Nayeon retracts her hands but still, the smile remains on her face as she stands from her seat.

But from her peripheral view, Mina could see how Nayeon's face slightly dropped. It was obvious how the woman was trying to hide her disappointment with her grin. Mina sometimes hated how Nayeon was too kind, even pretending that she was alright even if she wasn’t only to satisfy Mina’s preferences.

Mina curses under her breath, she didn’t deserve Nayeon at all.

They make their way out of the hospital, and to the parking lot, they went where Mina had parked her car.

 

***

 

The walk was oddly silent, and even more so was their car ride home.

Mina pretended not to care, keeping mum while she maneuvers around the streets of Seoul. It was nearing dawn, and yet the streets were very much alive as if people didn’t sleep at all (like how do people work without sleep? It was just mind-blowing).

She steals glances at Nayeon from time to time, and it was always the same since earlier; the girl had her attention focused outside the window – basically, anything that moved or breathed seems amusing to her. And it was weird because most of the time Nayeon would s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter