✓ Twelve

A Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I turned to Jeongyeon and smiled at him again. I am so happy my brother is finally free and reunited with me again! I have so much planned for us to do. But first, we must take care of Jiyong.

Jeongyeon and I were sitting in the kitchen talking, eating snacks and talking when Dahyun came to join us.

“Okay, guys! So now we need to get things together to take Jiyong down. He probably knows that you are gone now and will not be happy. He will be looking for you guys” she said sitting down across from us.

“Yeah… once he finds out you two escaped, it won’t be good” I said looking at Jeongyeon.

Jaerim walked in glaring at us all. I think is just naturally looks angry, or he could be in pain from the coma. Jeongyeon offered him a seat and he sat down next to Dahyun.

“What do you all want?” He scowled.

“We were thinking… maybe you could help us find a way to stop Jiyong. He is a terrible guy and-” Jeongyeon started nervously.

“Ha. Stop Jiyong” Jaerim mimicked. “You think you can stop that man? He is very powerful. Besides, what makes you think I want to help you. I don’t know you people” Jaerim sat back in his chair.

“Well for starters, he is trying to kill your wife. I would think you would want to stop him” Chaeyoung clenched his fists, trying to control his anger. Noticing Chaeyoung’s frustration, Jeongyeon patted his arm to calm him down.

“Oh, Sana. She has always been in the way. She is the CEO, but she can never properly run the company. Jiyong is the man for the job and we plan to give him his rightful position” Jaerim smirked.

“Give him his rightful position?! YOU THINK THAT HE DESERVES THE COMPANY OVER SANA!!” Chaeyoung stood from his seat in anger. Jeongyeon and Dahyun jumped up to control him, while Jaerim had an evil smile plastered on his face. “You think that Jiyong is better than Sana? She is keeping that company afloat and making it better than ever. And thanks to me, she now has her rightful position as CEO. Or should I say, thanks to the new Jaerim” Chaeyoung glared at Jaerim.

“You little-” Jaerim got up, reaching for Chaeyoung’s shirt, but Jeongyeon stopped him.

“ENOUGH!” Jeongyeon yelled. “Dahyun, take Jaerim to the spare room. He needs rest. And you” he looked at Chaeyoung, “with me, outside. Now.”

Jeongyeon gave Chaeyoung a light shove towards the door and followed behind him. When they got outside he immediately softened seeing his younger brother so upset.

“Hey… you need to calm down okay?” Jeongyeon patted Chaeyoung’s shoulder. “Why are you so defensive? We need him on our side right now.”

“He doesn’t even care about her. The most beautiful woman in the world and he wants her dead for money and power” Chaeyoung glared, looking down. “Sana is so hard-working and sweet. She deserves this position and he DOES NOT deserve her.”

“So that’s the problem. You love her” Jeongyeon smirked, giving his brother a nudge.

“I do!” Chaeyoung proudly declared, “that idiot doesn’t realize what he has.”

“I get that but either way we need him to get to Jiyong. Try to focus on the plan. We will keep her safe and she will remain CEO. But you need to go talk to you twin and convince him to work with us. It’s the only way to keep our plan together” Jeongyeon said calmly. He understands Chaeyoung. When he is passionate about something – or someone – his heart gets in the way of his brain. Jeongyeon has always been the calm voice to keep him sensible and look out for Chaeyoung.

“Fine. But only because I want to protect Sana” Chaeyoung says, preparing to walk back in the house.

 

Dahyun took Jaerim up and he slammed the door in her face after arriving at the room.

‘Wow he is so rude. You think a man fresh out of a coma would act a little nicer to the girl that rescued him.’ Dahyun said to herself as she went back down the steps to the living room.

 

“Is he up there?” Chaeyoung asked, walking into the house.

“Yeah, but I wouldn’t bother Mr. Grumpy if I were you” Dahyun said, watching TV.

“I can manage” Chaeyoung said heading for the stairs.

 

Chaeyoung’s POV

I knocked on the door and heard his evil voice as I turned the knob to go in.

“Oh. It’s the fake me” Jaerim glared as he saw me walking in the room. “What do you want?”

“I came to ask you to work with us. I know that you are not a fan of Sana being the CEO, but she is your wife. Don’t you have a heart? Jiyong wants to kill her. He-” I started but he interrupted.

“Why do you keep bringing this up? I am sure you know by now that my wife is not a concern for me. She is in the way, we planned to remove her the easy way, but I can tell that you ruined that” He scoffed.

“I did. I can see how great she is at her job; how much she cares. How can you just ignore that and side with Jiyong?” I raised my voice. I can see how little he cares for her. No wonder she was so mean when I first came from the hospital.

“She is woman. She cannot fulfill the duty of CEO like Jiyong. She will ruin the company.”

“You are wrong. She is the best person for the job. Why do you even care? She is CEO, you get to live off her money and do nothing anyway, so why try to take that from her?” I interrogated.

“I have my reasons Chaeyoung. Why don’t you just mind your own business? I am back now, I don’t need you trying to be me anymore” he half-smiled.

“Well, I think you should work with us. Jiyong only cares about himself, you know that. Once he has his throne as CEO, he will throw you to the side. If you work with us, we can all win” I sat in the desk chair and folded my arms, waiting for his answer.

“Give me time to think about it” Jaerim got up, “you can leave now.”

 

 

I went back down stairs and watched TV with Jeongyeon and Dahyun. We talked about Jaerim, none of thinks he will take the deal. He is so mean and stubborn, all he cares about is money. I have learned that there is more to life than money, more to happiness than money.

 

After a few hours Jaerim came downstairs and stood in front of us.

“It’s a deal” He spoke coldly. “I will work with you three to ‘stop Jiy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter