✓ Ten

A Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We sat down on the couch in our room as I began to explain to her my plan to save us from Jiyong. She sat on the other side of the couch, leaving plenty of room between us… I think she is still worried that I will hurt her. I took a deep breath and began to explain.

“So, Jiyong met me in a bar and offered me money to pretend to be Jaerim. I didn’t feel comfortable at first but then I thought of my brother and how I must save him so it seemed easy to take the deal…” I looked up to see her reaction. I couldn’t read her expression so I continued.

“Jiyong told me all I had to do was play Jaerim for a little while and in a few weeks, I would have my money and be done. He never mentioned anything about hurting you. I stayed because I was stunned the second I saw you. I wanted to know you, and you made me love you. Everything we have done together and everything I said has been real, I swear.” I looked at her sincerely.

“I don’t believe you… how do I know you are not lying now that you are caught! HOW DO I KNOW THAT YOU ARE TRYING TO PROTECT ME?!” Sana raged, standing up from her seat.

I got up and moved closer to her but she held her arm out stopping me. “Please Sana, sit down and listen! I have a plan to protect us all, I promise.”

Sana sat back down, waiting for me to continue.

“Once I found out what Jiyong and Momo planned to do, I immediately started thinking of a way to stop them. I called my friend, Dahyun, I have known her since we were teenagers. She is a private investigator and has worked security and top cases for very important people. If anyone can help us, it’s her.”

“By ‘us’ do you mean me…? Or you and your brother?” She asked coldly. I can tell it will take a little more time to convince her that I will protect her to the end. She means so much to me.

“All of us. You and Jeongyeon, I plan to save us all! Anyways… she is currently tracking Jiyong and a few of his close staff and bodyguards. Once she finds out where they are hiding Jeongyeon, we will move to the stage of the plan to rescue Jeongyeon. Then-” I explained, but she cut me off once again.

“Then what? What are you going to do to me once you find your precious brother? Give me to Jiyong so he can kill me!” She snapped.

“Of course not!! I have a plan to take Jiyong down for good. Nothing will happen to you, Sana. You have to believe me…” I moved closer to her but she got up and started to walk away.

“I need to time to process this all. How do I know you aren’t just some crazy stranger trying to take advantage of my family!! For all I know, you are pretending to be my husband on your own!” She said pacing around the room.

“Fine. Go ask Jiyong about the plan. See if you can stay safe once he finds out that you know I am Chaeyoung. He will end all of us.” I said running my hands through my hair in frustration.

“I won’t do that… I just need time to figure what to believe.” She responded grabbing a few things, “for now I will sleep downstairs, I cannot share a bed with some stranger.”

She moved to the door but I stopped her. I can’t put her out of her room and let her sleep on a couch, while I have her nice, large bed.

“Don’t leave. I will go. Sleep in your room, let me take the couch.” I took a pillow and my pajamas to change.

Before I left I looked back at her as she sat on the bed, still in shock from our conversation.

“Sana… please believe me. I really want to protect you. And I will. Do not go to Jiyong or else we will both be killed… I will give you time, and I will save us. Get some rest, you have a lot of work in the morning.” With that, I closed the door behind me and headed to the couch.

Sana was completely confused. She could not believe Chaeyoung tricked her to believe he was Jaerim. She could not understand why Jiyong and Momo were after her. And she did not know who she should believe. This stranger could be her savior or a demon… but she had no idea how to tell if she didn’t trust his plan yet…

 

 

The next morning

We woke early and got ready for the ceremony. Today, Sana will officially be signed as the CEO of the company. Even though she refuses to talk or look at me, I am happy for her. She is so hard-working and way better than Jiyong, who only cares about money and power. Sana is dedicated to the company and wants it to be successful.

I went upstairs to change for the ceremony, and Sana was in the shower. I grabbed my things and headed to the guest shower to get ready. When I was finished, I went back to the room to change. As I walked in, I saw Sana in her beautiful black dress. She looked gorgeous, and I wanted to keep staring at her all day… until I realized that I wasn’t wearing anything but my towel.

Sana covered her eyes and turned away, “Can you not be a this early in the morning!! Get your clothes and get dressed, we cannot be late for today.”

“CRAP! Sana, I’m sorry. I wasn’t trying anything, I swear!” I said as I ran to the closet and closed the door behind me. I got dressed quickly, putting on my black suit and rushed downstairs. Everyone was waiting by the door.

“You were almost late. Make sure you behave yourself today. It is important to all of us” Jiyong said glaring at me.

I gave him an eye-roll and headed for the door following Momo and Sana out. We all got in our limo and headed to the company. There would be lots of press and paparazzi outside the building for today so we had to ride in style.

 

 

We got to the company and security opened the door. There were so many cameras and media waiting already, I have never seen so many of them. We all stepped out of the limo, I held Sana’s hand as she got out and smiled at her. Even if she is not happy with me, we still have to put on a show for the reputation of the company.

As soon as we got in the building, everyone split ways. Sana had to get ready and fill out final paperwork since she will be announced as the CEO. Jiyong went to his office, probably to get ready for his evil plan… Momo went to the cafeteria to get food, as usual. And I went to my office to calm myself down. Even though I have a plan, I am still nervous that thin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter