Happy 2018!

Chain Reaction
Please log in to read the full chapter

Irene found herself sighing heavily.

She was finally done with the last load of laundry.

It had been an entirely long and exhausting day— mainly due to the many demanding and irresponsible customers.

Irene couldn’t understand how anyone could have half a shirt stained with hot sauce which required incessant scrubbing.The rims of oil which were stubbornly stuck onto the fabric were a huge pain to remove and Irene could only caress her pruney fingers from all the hard work she had done during the day.

It just wasn’t her day.

Apart from removing overly stubborn stains, Irene also had to deal with more painful issues— tissues.

Tissues which turned out to be catastrophic—especially when her customers would absent-mindedly leave them in the pockets of their jeans and threw them into their in-house laundromat machines.

Irene thinks that she’d probably burst a blood vessel if this kept up everyday.

It had only been a month since she opened up her own laundry service and she was already almost at the limit of her patience.

Honestly, she couldn’t get how her customers could be so careless as to put their white clothes with the coloured ones which bleed and what’s even more appalling is how they could blame her for not reminding them about it.

What was she? Their personal secretary?

It was true that they paid for her service, but if people made some effort to read the signages she had put up on her washing machines carefully, they would probably have noticed that she did remind her customers to separate their clothes accordingly.

Apparently not.

Therefore, she had spent the entire day rectifying her customers‘ mistakes which resulted in a really sore back and fingers.

All she wanted to do was just to get home quickly and have a nice dinner which she knew her lovely Wendy would pamper her with and crash for the night. Even that seemed a little too far-fetched as she walked out of the laundry store and felt droplets of water on her skin.

Irene bit her lip and fished out her umbrella from her bag and made her way home.

Even her umbrella couldn’t withstand the torrent rain and Irene was drenched to the toe.

She was just so close to losing her .

Huffing, she fumbled with her keys and unlocked the door to her apartment.

“Girls, I’m home.”

What Irene did not expect was a strange stench that lingered in the living room.

She found Seulgi slouching against the sofa, munching on some chips.

“Oh hey unnie, you’re back!”

“Um, what is that smell?”

Seulgi sniffed the air.


“What smell, though?”

Irene traced the scent of the stench to its culprit and was horrified when she found traces of poop smeared on the floor beside the sofa, and an innocent and cherub looking kitten was merely staring at her with its deep blue eyes.

“KANG SEULGI.”

Irene was livid as the younger girl looked over and scrambled to her feet to clean up the mess that Chanel had made.

The eldest inhaled sharply in futile attempt to calm herself down, when she noticed a taller girl, dressed skimpily, walk past her.

“Park Sooyoung, just where do you think you’re going at this hour?”


“To the club.”

Irene didn’t know which part infuriated her more. Joy’s short and indifferent reply, or the fact that the girl was wearing an awfully low-cut dress.

“No you’re not, young lady! Get back to your room!”

Joy, being the rebellious kid she was, would not back down without a fight. She was going to the club whether Irene liked it or not.

“I’m already a grown adult. Why do you keep treating me like a kid?”

“Not another word. Room, now.”

As much as Joy was annoyed at Irene, she still respected the older girl. There were boundaries that she would not cross, as unreasonable as Irene could be especially while the older girl was on her period.

Joy stomped off angrily, prompting Irene to follow her into the room. She wasn’t one to take this kind of attitude from the young

Please log in to read the full chapter