2/2

Of packages and tapes

With droopy eyes, murky bags under his eyes, and a hair similar to a bird’s nest, Baekhyun wakes up from his deep slumber.  He feels sweat all over his body as he registers two thick blankets being wrapped around him. In his line of sight, he notices an opened first aid kit box; two wet towels scattered on the floor; and a basin filled with cold water.

Huh? Did someone get in here? 

Wait, first things first, how did he get on an actual bed? All he remembers right now is reaching his apartment, entering it, and once he sees the floor, he didn’t once care if he’d sleep on it, and everything turns black after that.

Wait, did he faint or something? Why can’t he remember anything else?

He continues to replay as best as he could last night events like a broke cassette tape.

Oh, there’s that guy!  Wait, there’s a guy?

Seeing as this wouldn’t help him reaching an answer, he cleans his room. He checks for anything missing just in case, he’s actually robbed but his phone, laptop, watches, and other appliances are still there. He checks the clock and sees that it’s already six in the evening. He needs to be at the store by 8.

He cooks himself some pasta and devours it in a limited time. He then showers, dresses himself with a plain white shirt tucked in a dark blue washed up fitted jeans, a black coat and a navy scarf wrapped around his neck covering half of his face. He notices the big purple bruise on his right knee which was actually hurting but paves no mind as he runs out of time. After checking the plugs, he reaches the front door and exits his way towardsHot tracks.

And to no further ado, a long line of girls waiting outside the store isn’t much of a shocking news to Baekhyun in this very winter-y night.

The Park Chanyeol Mania is here.

Trying not to be noticed – not that it would be a problem – he silently goes to the back of the store where he witnessed Junmyeon trying to arrange some of the boxes in the storage room.

“Oh goodness, Baek, you’re finally here!” He greets exasperatingly as he manages to finally move the heavy loaded things.

Junmyeon huffs and instructs him to the counter, “Okay, we still have an hour left before the battle of Sparta begins. So I’ll be here while you’ll take in charge of the counter. I’ve already set up the large television for the people waiting outside, and the hot packs have already been distributed by Kyungsoo and Jongdae. God bless those two, really. Connect the television to the wifi and switch it in Chanyeol’svlive album showcase, got it?”

“Wow, boss, you’re going all out for this Park Chanyeol?” Baekhyun points out.

“Well, it’s Christmas and I’m doing this man a favor.” Junmyeon shrugs.

“Huh, now I’m thinking you personally know him.” Baekhyun laughs at this idea. “You always say Chanyeol this and Chanyeol that; not Park Chanyeol as the singer.” He continues to laugh at the absurdity of what nonsense he’s saying as he goes in the shop and into the counter area.

He follows what his boss had told him to do, and minutes later, the screams of the girls outside can be heard, and the handsome face of the one and only Park Chanyeol comes into view.

Wait, handsome?Alright, he must say. This is Korea’s Prince Charming we’re talking about.

Standing in his staggering six feet tall build oozing with charm, appeal, and confidence, the singer has his black hair pushed back, and is wearing a black turtleneck top underneath the maroon suit in attempt to fight against the extremely low temperature but still has to look good for the fans. The vlive showcase is seen to be shot somewhere on a rooftop of the building which seems very familiar toBaekhyun.

His eyebrows meet once again in a furrowed arc and he tries to squints his eyes to clearly see the television displayed across the store. The host, Kim Heechul from Super Junior, sets the atmosphere of the showcase with his playful and mischievous demeanor which suddenly perks Baekhyun’s interest since he’s a big fan of the guy. The show has already started and they are already in the Q&A portion.

“Setting aside your life as an artist, I’m sure your fans would like to know this long awaited question.” Heechul teases. Chanyeol suddenly stiffs and weakly tries to cover up his frown with an awkward laugh.

“So, is there anyone special in your life right now?” Chanyeol seems to relax at this question.

Huh, what was he expecting?

“As of now, nothing has changed. I’m sorry to disappoint the fans.” He answers with a smile as he looks in the camera. “It’s still me, Toben, and my family.”

“Oh, well, I’m not quite sure if it’s disappointing for them. It’s a relief, right? Seeming as they still have hope to marry their oppa one day.” Heechul chuckles covering his mouth with his placard.

“If only I could clone myself so that fans could have me,” Chanyeol starts which makes Baekhyun gag.

That’s some corny right there.

“Ah, a world full of Park Chanyeol.” Heechul says dreamily, “Would you all like that?”

Hundreds of loud screams of “YES!” can be heard reaching the inside of the store which startled the poor attendant. He places a hand on his chest and heavily breathes.

The showcase continues on for the next half hour. He can’t deny that the man seriously have the ability to make anyone’s knees weaken and make the people of Korea to worship him, which he already did, by the way.

His new title track for this year’s winter album is just so right into Baekhyun’s music taste. He effortlessly pulls off the rock ballad golden piece with his soulful deep voice which makes anyone melt into a puddle.

Baekhyun is silently watching to the singer’s performance while he waits for the store to open in just 15 minutes, when a particular thing catches his eyes on the television.

That’s my freaking cactus, Delilah!

While The Park Chanyeol is singing, the camera suddenly changed into a top view position making the watchers see a side of the citylights, the corner of the area, and a side of a table showing a medium-sized oval-shaped cactus with a pink flow on top its head. The pot of the cactus has a red ribbon wrapped around it which Baekhyun remembers to be the ribbon from his recent birthday cake.

Are you telling me they’re in the rooftop of my apartment?!

His eyes went from almonds to Ferrero Rocher chocolates real quick. He has this tiny urge to go and ditch his shift, but he reminds himself this is Park Chanyeol we’re talking about.

No more how attractive he is, just think about what you go through every comeback of his!

Which effectively makes Baekhyun shut up and glues himself on the chair behind the counter.

But then, you’re going to meet Heechul!

Baekhyun wants to cry.

Oh , one more ing minute.

He sees Junmyeon walking into the entrance door to officially open the store. His boss looks at him with a motivating smile but begrudgingly opens Pandora’s Box while Baekhyun can only brace himself.

 

“Okay! Okay! One at a time!”

“Hey, gurlie! This is the line! Some people are actually being honest here.”

“Please fall in line, people!”

“I’m only a one man team right now so please be patient! You will still have your album no matter what!”

And other series of creative announcements Baekhyun has to make in order to restrain himself from cursing at the customers.

Some girls just don’t have the ing manner to at least respect the staff who distributes the albums. The guys who makes the possibility of having Park Chanyeol’s album in their hands come true! These ungrateful girls just piss off Baekhyun’s night. Junmyeon had to switch places as he notices Baekhyun seeing red when one customer complaints and curses the store.  

Baekhyun is a good kid, but when he’s angry, it’s like the little cherub is actually a Lucifer in disguise.

 

Time has come for them store to close, and both workers are exhausted emerging from the 10th level of hell, but still manage to stay alive.

Barely.

“Good job today, Baekhyun.” Junmyeon pats his employees’ back,”But I do wish for you to not lose your cool when arguing with a customer. No matter what—“

“The customer is always right,” Baekhyun finishes. “Yeah, hyung, I’m sorry. I’ll try my best to control my temper more” He looks down.

“It’s alright. Here,” Junmyeon hands him a brand new copy of Park Chanyeol’s album. He looks at his boss indifferently, “I know you like his new album. There were at least 10 loops of this last night on the computer. Didn’t think I’d notice?”

Baekhyun sheepishly accepts the album. Well, it’s for free anyway. He could sell this once seeing Park’s face becomes annoying in his home.

“Well, we should go home. It’s already 2 in the morning.Want me to drive you?” His boss offers.

Which Baekhyun politely rejects and walks towards his apartment. It’s just two blocks away from the store which was convenient for him.

The cold temperature is colder than the usual. Baekhyun tightly wraps himself with the thick coat and scarf, and tries his best to get home quickly. His right knee’s starting to act up again. The bruise has gotten worse due to hours of standing and walking but he still has no idea how he got it. He slightly limps his way home.

He’s in the mood of watching a Disney movie while snuggling under the blanket while drinking hot cocoa.

As soon as he steps inside the building and into the elevator, he remembers the vlive interview being filmed on the rooftop of this very place, but it was hours ago, so they probably aren’t here anymore. He also doesn’t have the energy to check it.

Baekhyun sighs, “That was a once in a lifetime opportunity to meet the almighty Kim Heechul, and a little sneak peek of Park Chanyeol won’t be bad, but I’m done. I’m so done.” He mutters as he removes his coat and scarf, leaving him in his white shirt tucked into his dark blue washed out jeans pairing them with his white worn out adidas shoes, while holding his brand new album.

The elevator opens and he funnily walks out. His tracks’ suddenly put into a halt as he sees the one and only Park Chanyeol carrying out empty boxes in the hallway. He too pauses on what he’s doing. Nostalgia waves over him. This seems familiar.

Wait, he must be dreaming, right? , this is just because of too much exposure of his face everywhere. No idol would ever consider living here. All tenants are either senior citizens or a ByunBaekhyun.

Baekhyun shakes his head and looks away. The new neighbor must not know he’s thinking that he thinks he’s Park Chanyeol. He moves past him as quickly as he his legs could and into his unit, not knowing he dropped his scarf on the way. The taller picks it up.

“Uhm, excuse me? You dropped this.” Chanyeol tries not to seem nervous as he hands the scarf to the beauty in front of him. He also notices the limping of the guy.

Was this because of last night?

Baekhyun faces the man, shocks at how close the proximity is, “Holy .”He realizes.

The singer is kinda shocked from Baekhyun’s initial reaction.

“You’re Park Chanyeol.” The smaller stated. It isn’t a question, rather a confirmation.

And true to his words, “Yeah, as you know.” He replies showing his perfect smile and blindingly white teeth.

He’s called Teeth-rich for a reason.

Okay, Baekhyun isn’t crazy. This is actually Park ing Chanyeol – The torturer – right in the flesh, and something clicked into his mind which makes his expression change.

“You!” He pointed accusingly to the giant, “You’re the owner of the boxes I tripped last night!”

Chanyeol looks down shamefully like a kid breaking his mom’s vase, and scratches the back of his head. Baekhyun suddenly regrets his actions.

“Uh yeah, I’m really sorry about that.”

The Chanyeolin front of him is something hisfansitenoonas would totally kill for just to be in Baekhyun’s shoes right now. All the pent up frustration Baekhyun has been harboring for 5 years suddenly dispersed as he sees this kicked puppy in front of him. 

Acting knees and bruises be damned.

“Oh, it’s okay. I’m also overreacting, really. That realization, yeah, I just realized it on the spot which shocked me and my unfiltered reactions lead to overreactions. Do you get what I’m saying?” Baekhyun rumbles which the singer finds cute.

Baekhyun needs to go now before he embarrasses himself even more, however, the singer seems to have another idea in mind.

“No, you’re not overreacting. I mean, you actually hurt your knee because of me. Let me make it up to you?”

Chanyeol knows it wasn’t because of him. It was because he fainted, but he wouldn’t have any other reason to talk to his neighbor. Surprise is evident on the smaller’s face which makes him rethink whether he’s moving too fast or not. But what the hell, hegotta seize the moment!

“Uh, huh? Oh, this? Oh, it’s going to be fine once I put ice on this.” Baekhyun waves, “You just moved here or something, right? Judging from the boxes. So, you must be busy, and I’m taking your precious time--”

Chanyeol chuckles, taking Baekhyun’sbreath away.

He’s too damn perfect.

“I’m just putting out these empty boxes,” He gestures, “A couple of men would get these tomorrow, or should I say a couple of hours from now?”

Damn right, it’s 2 in the morning – quarter to 3 actually – but the tiredness Baekhyun has been feeling before already subsided as soon as he sees the ever good-looking Park Chanyeol; let alone the news of this idol being his new neighbor.

“Uh yeah, well you must be tired so—“ Baekhyun looks for another excuse but seeing as the giant looks dejected, he changes his mind.

“I do need help in setting up a movie, preparing a hot chocolate drink, and getting thick blankets on the top shelf of my cabinet. That’d make up for my knee?” Unsure with whatever his distorted mind can come up.

With big innocent eyes glinting and a smile trying to contain the excitement Chanyeol’s feeling, he tries his best to conceal it all while Baekhyun tries his best not to disintegrate on the spot.

“Sure do.” He answers in that husky voice of his.

He looks down. “You a fan?”

Eyeing on the album clutched in Baekhyun’s palms.

“Uh,” Baekhyun doesn’t want to wipe off that stupid hopeful smile on his face. “Why don’t I explain it inside?”

A playful smirk comes across his face.

On that cold evening, ByunBaekhyun had someone to spend time with over the Christmas holidays for the first time in 5 years.A night full of laughter, unheard stories, giggles, and getting to know each other.

 

Never in a million years did he expect it’s going to be with someone he has been loathing for 5 years.

 

Never did he even expect that was only the first night.

 

That it’d be a constant for the rest of his life.

 

If 35-year old Baek were to tell a heads up to 25-year old Baek that Park Chanyeol would be his stunning husband, raising 3 beautiful kids with, and living in a lovely house with a large backyard that has a corgi puppy running around it, he’d probably throw a box full of the Park Chanyeol’s albums at this face, make him eat all his CDs and shove all poster tubes up his .

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to know your thoughts ehe. Please be gentle. 

 

twitter: https://twitter.com/chanbaekIine

let's be friends!!

p.s the private message here in aff is confusing for me haha x