h.u.e.

2018
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Nayeonie," Sana draws out cutely, poking Nayeon's cheek with her nose. She smiles as if she is holding back a laugh, rolling her eyes as she doesn't prolong her inevitable "Yes Sana?" any further.

 

"...yes Sana?"

 

"Do you want to be my New Years kiss?" she pokes her again, this time with her finger, right where Nayeon is ticklish: her ribs.

 

"Hmmm, I don't know," a lilt of laughter plays in her tone, but she succeeds in keeping her composure despite the tickling sensation.

 

"What do you mean you don't know?" she pouts, scooting close to rest her head on her shoulder.

 

"My mom always told me no eye contact until marriage, which we've done. Kissing would be outrageous, wouldn't it?"

 

"Yeah right!" she pushes Nayeon as they both laugh, hopping on top of her. Their hands find each other and their wrestling quickly becomes some sort of balancing act. Sana leans on Nayeon's hands and she huffs at the shifting of weight, but Sana is determined. "New Years kiss. On the lips. How's that sound?"

 

"Hmmm..." there's a glint in Nayeon's eye, and in the blink of an eye Sana finds herself underneath the older girl instead. "Sounds good," she says casually, kissing Sana.

 

"Hey!!!! You were supposed to save that for New Years! We still have 12 minutes!" Sana whines, spitting somewhere off the couch in faux disgust.

 

"Sorry, I couldn't help it," Nayeon smiles.

 

_____________

 

"Thank you!" Dahyun bows to the taxi driver, throwing him a twenty and sprinting off in Momo's direction. They had wanted to see the ball drop in person, and they almost planned everything accordingly (dinner, a walk through town, etc.). But after their big dinner conversation about the existence of aliens and whether or not they'd like humans, they realized it was far past their time to leave. They avoided looking at clocks to pretend they weren't going to miss anything, but the big clock ahead clearly read 11:48pm. Not only that, but Momo runs slower than an injured dog and Dahyun passed her with little to no effort, and there was a long line of people watching the ball anyway so she realized she wouldn't get a good view.

 

Feeling defeated, she stands behind the farthermost person, moping as she squints at the sparkly ball.

 

"Hey," Momo runs up behind her, taking her hand in hers. "Why did you stop?"

 

Dahyun gestures to the sea of people with a sad smile. But with the constrastingly excited smile on Momo's face, she realizes her girlfriend has a much different solution to this.

 

"Get on my back, we're gonna bulldoze through all these ers," she smirks.

 

_____________

 

"Are you plotting our deaths in there?" Jeongyeon knocks, eyeing the time on her phone. It's 11:53pm. Chaeyoung has been locked in her bedroom for at least an hour and Jeongyeon had to admit she was kinda sad. She wanted nothing more than to spend New Years with her best friend and roommate like they always do: watching the ball drop, chugging a bottle of flavored seltzer water (arms linked, of course, as drinking buddies do), and ranting about the past year. Jeongyeon usually had a lot more to say than Chaeyoung - the younger girl was a quiet soul, but had a lot of wisdom to offer. In a perfect world that part of their dynamic was like an alternate universe, but they didn't care. All that matters is that they have each other.

 

"No! Even better. I think you'll like this Jeong!"

 

The nickname makes her smile, but she quickly clears and straightens her face, ready to persuade Chaeyoung to open this damn door and spend New Years with her. Jeongyeon wasn't the type to use seniority over people, but it was convenient when Chaeyoung was hiding something from her. (She's not nosy, she swears! She just wants the best for her!). 

 

"As your elder, I demand you open this door," she uses the tone of a soldier commanding their troops, but knocking on the door as politely as a salesperson would.

 

"The wait will be worth it I promise!! Have the porch slider open for me, yeah? I'll show you outside."

 

Jeongyeon groans, putting on her bulky coat and pulling the porch door open. The cold air hits her like a slap in the face, and she almost instinctively slams the slider shut before she remembers this is for Chaeyoung. The things she does for this girl, she swears.

 

Taking another gander, she notices the clock again. 

 

11:55pm.

 

_____________

 

"Perfect!" Dahyun pats Momo's head. They got pretty far into the crowd. Eventually Momo got tired of pushing through people and they settled on being four barricades away. Their next problem had been Dahyun and her height - or lack thereof. Momo had immediately offered her a seat on her shoulders, to which Dahyun embarassingly complied, but Momo assured her that she was cute despite her small height. You're not small, the world is just too big, remember? she reassured her. 

 

"How much time do we have left?" Momo asks, voice strained as she struggles to hold her weight.

 

Her head shoots up to look at the big clock. "Two minutes."

 

"I'm so glad I didn't skip arm day..." she mumbles.

 

"Arm day? I'm on your shoulders."

 

"Oh, right. Then you're probably screwed at midnight," Momo laughs.

 

_____________

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter