Chapter 3

Changing Tides

Chapter 3

Rebirth / 再生 ARC


“Welcome home Light, how was your day?”

Standing 5’3 Sachiko Yagami fit the role of house wife really well. With a homely face and hair a touch darker than Light’s, though not so much as Sayu she had an aura of calm around her.

“It was fine ma, I’ll be in my room”

Oh how gripping it was for him to dish out Light’s signature response.’Ah this is one of those things I wish never gets too old’

Thunk! Collapsing on to the bed he decided to plan out how he was going to spend the next three months until he would come in possession of the Death Note. If had any say in the matter he wouldn’t be using the Death Note. Doubtful reincarnation or not wanting to keep his soul untarnished was the name of the game as far he was concerned. However if he were to truly get the answers to some of the questions he had, he would need to summon the Shinigami.’Now how would I do that without ending up using the Death Note’. Deciding that going about the matter wouldn’t get him any further he already was at he decided to gather as much as he could of how the Gamer mechanics fleshed out in his circumstance. What better way to do that than good old pushups.

10 minutes later

Ding!

STR +2

‘Music to my ears, whose the badass gamer? Oh right I am!’. His arms hurt like hell but it was worth it. Looking at the stat gain and waving it away he almost felt cheated. Back where he came from he could’ve done as many and had nothing to show for it, but with this it was almost rigged. It was not as if he had any real idea how It worked. For all he knew Light might have not worked out at all or it might have something to do with the absence of Levels altogether. Did that mean the bonus xp as a student went to his Skills. Something he couldn’t confirm as he was yet to receive any indication of being in possession of any. Another thing that bugged him was the presence of a foreign element in himself. ‘I remember reading SP in my stat screen, maybe it has something to do with it’

SP :2/10

‘Lets just hope it was enough for what I have in mind’

The question whether the Observe ability existed as a skill or something that could be learned bugged him like a fly that just refused to go away. Something like that was just too useful to ignore. Better yet this world seemed to have a counterpart for it in the form of the Shinigami Eye Deal. Allowing a person nigh unlimited access to other people’s names and life spans, possible holes aside. Now that was broken.

‘Oh who am I to say anything on that matter’

Putting thought to practice he tried reaching out to that warm feeling in his gut. It was miniscule, yet there. He could feel it as if it were alive, pulsing. It was a foreign feeling yet it had a tinge of familiarity to it. Nervously he tried tugging it only for it pull backwards. Changing strategy he decided to coax it.

An hour later

‘It took an hour a goddamn hour to get it close to my eyes’ that frustration was forgotten when he heard the all soothing chime.

Ding!

Skill Acquired

Spirit control Lv[3/100]

How good you are at manipulating the spirit within you

Adds +1 to SP per level

Ding!

Skill Acquired

Observe Lv[1/100]

Gather info on target

More info with Level up

He was greeted by these to messages before he out.

Status: SP exhaustion

Love it?

Hate it?

Review!