Final

My Lovely Physical Therapist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She was laying on top of the big wooden bench, feeling the breeze blowing warm with a small smile on her rosy lips as she put on her headphones and listened to some of her favorite emotional music. She held her hands up as if she was trapping little stars between her fingers, the night sky was always such a welcome sight as it loomed above her glistening eyes. It became a habit to wait for her love, Woohyun, until late at night since the day he started filming his new movie despite him constantly asking her to sleep early when she gets home after a busy day at the clinic. 

Two hours went by and she was still waiting. She extended her arm to grab her phone and was once more disappointed that he didn't reply her message yet, she could have simply called him, but she decided not to disturb him and returned to watch the sky until her eyelids felt heavy and the blackness came over her. 

 

Woohyun was observing her all along as he returned home a bit earlier that day. Leaning on a tree, he gazed with tired eyes yet so softly at his beloved wife without her noticing him. The past few days drained his energy for he took long swimming lessons and practiced a lot for his upcoming movie to get ready before the filming takes place soon.

 

"Why are you so stubborn, Hime?" Woohyun sighed and let his eyes roam her beautiful features for minutes. 

 

Making sure she fell into deep sleep he unfolded his arms and drew closer to her. Sliding his strong hands under her knees he carried her bridal style, but as soon as he did a wince escaped his mouth before he bit on his lips as an intense pain found its way into his right shoulder. Almost dropping Hime's slender body back to the bench he took a deep breath while adjusting his posture again and made his way to their bed room with little difficulty. 

 

More pain throbbed on his shoulder as he laid her down on their king sized bed. The striking pain radiated in a way that ripped off his muscles, he couldn't help but squeeze his eyes closed and clench his jaw tight. It was futile trying not to make any sound that would wake her up, she eventually stirred in her sleep and flickered her eyelids open to see her man's contorted face as beads of sweat trickled down its side.

 

"W-Woohyun, what's wrong?" Hime viewed him through worried eyes. She sat on the edge of the bed and cupped his face with her small hands. 

 

Woohyun said nothing as he arched his back and moved her hands away from him to clutch his shoulder. She grew worried even more seeing him in clear discomfort and stared at him wordlessly, waiting for him to speak.

 

Feeling the pain subsiding, Woohyun inhaled and exhaled slowly until his breathing went back to its normal rhythm. Opening his eyes to lock it with the angel in front of him he smiled softly and moved closer as he towered over her and kissed the crown of her head. Her heart went into an uproar for few seconds, but that didn't block the invading thoughts away from her mind regarding his condition.

 

"I think I have clearly told you to not wait for me," he told her calmly and arched his eyebrow. He wanted to put on a firm facade, but his attempt wasn't good enough.

 

Hime said nothing as she shifted her eyes to his shoulder and back at him. What just happened wasn't something that could be missed. Woohyun knew that her physical therapist mode is on now based on her narrowed gaze at his troubled site, and an expression of uneasiness fell on his face, knowing he would be in great trouble once she finds about his injury.

 

When the silence lengthened she finally decided to vocal out her question quietly. "Since when have you injured your shoulder? What exactly happened?" 

 

"This is nothing, love," he stammered a reply and quickly made his way to the bathroom to wash. He wasn't planning on hiding the truth from her any longer. Though he didn't want her to worry about him, he knew that this pain would stick with him for a long time if he didn't seek help. 

 

His simple reply saddened her so much as fresh tears coated her eyes. He knows well how excellent she is in rehabilitating patients and injured athletes so how can he give her his back when he himself needed her help? Is she useless to him? 

 

Wiping her tears away she scurried off to her small treatment room and got some important equipments she needs for the examination and treatment. She then went to the kitchen and took out an ice wrap from the freezer and placed all the items in a big sterilized container. Returning to see Woohyun, she found him sitting on the bed, wearing shorts and tank top, and doing nothing but waiting for her.

 

"What is that for?" He heaved a sigh when he saw the container. He wanted to protest, but went silent when he caught a glimpse of her red nose. Quickly moving out the bed and stepping forward to her, he grabbed her arm and titled her chin to look at him.

 

"Were you crying?" He traced the line of her little cute nose with his index finger. He could never tolerate seeing her precious tears or her saddened eyes. 

 

Hime kept her eyes fixed on the container. Not comprehending her feelings whether she was angry at him for hiding his injury or sad that he didn't acknowledge her help, but what she was definitely sure of is that his touch can set her heart aflame even after 5 years of love, only Woohyun can create feelings that never stretched throughout her whole body. 

 

"Just answer me. Why did you hide it?" She Looked upon his face, pouting. His eyes showing gentle concern for her. 

 

"Love, I don't want to add another burden to you," he brushed his thumb across her tinted cheek. His answer made her tilt her head to the side, not understanding his vague answer.

 

He kneeled to reach her eye level and continued. "You return home late after treating so many patients. Your job requires physical strength and endurance. Its not fair to ask for your help when you must be resting at home. Just forget everything related to your work when you are here."  

 

She scoffed unbelievingly at his answer and pointed her finger towards his chest. "But you are my top priority and I perfectly know that you won't visit a doctor because of your schedules. It's my job to check on you now and that's final." 

 

She quickly squeezed his cheeks, forming an O shape on his lips as she gave it a quick peck. Woohyun laughed at her cute attitude and stood straight before she moved towards the bed and dropped the container on the bedside table with a thud. 

 

"Show me your shoulder and set on the bed," she ordered without looking at him while she arranged the equipments.

 

Woohyun obediently took off his tank top as he sat on the bed. A small grin crept onto his face, anticipating the sight of her cheeks painting red upon seeing his chocolate abs and muscles that were sculptured to perfection. This wasn't something new; she would always be shy whenever he's shirtless, her shyness was one of the many things he adored in her.

 

"Before I start I need you to tell me what exactly happened so I can give a possible diagnosis," 

 

Hime turned to fully face him and in less than a second her face flushed red as expected. Woohyun wiggled his eyebrows, amused by

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter