π’žπ»π’œπ’«π’―πΈπ‘… π’ͺ𝒩𝐸

𝓕𝓐𝓣𝓔𝓓 π“Ÿπ“π“’π“£ π“›π“žπ“₯𝓔
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I never thought my day would turn out so troublesome from one decision that changed my life so suddenly , it was as if it changed in the blink of an eye. One move and poof , everything , my life , my family , my love , my bestfriend , all gone in one blink of the eye. It all started from this morning when I woke up to start my day....

Β 

Earlier that day , 05:30am KST...

Β 

"Yahh!! Yahh Lazy wake up you have a job to go to , your not losing this one this time." My mom races into my room with her shoes and slaps me over and over again. I fan her away and she finally leaves my room.

"Ughh..." I groaned and rolled out of bed onto the floor. I started walking to the the bathroom to get ready when half way to the door , my phone rings. I walked over and seen "Bestie" as caller and I immediately picked up.

"Hey Sooyoung , what's up?" I said and walked to the bathroom.Β 

"Hey Jieun , could you do my makeup for me, im meeting with my boyfriend for our first date" She asked with such enthusiasm I couldn't resist.Β 

"Yeah sure , who is your new boyfriend , you never told me about him , im curious who my lovely bestfriend is with." All I heard was a sudden giggle and she responded suspiciously.

"Im sure you already know him so there is no need to give out names haha" She laughed and told me she was coming over and hung up. I stood confused but i blew it off and washed up for the day. About 30 minutes later there was a knock on my front door. When I headed downstairs , I was greeted by my companion Lelo who I got when he was just a kitten.

"Hey Lelo , come to mommy~" I called and Lelo crept towards me and meowed. I picked him up and carried him towards the door to find my mom letting Sooyoung in. She turned with a smile on her face and said , "Your friend arrived , I hope your room is clean." I saw the piercing stare she gave me after making that remark and all I responded with was a nod.

My mom has been hard on me ever since my older sister went to college and became a well-known lawyer , so she looks down on me every chance she gets to do what she calls 'tough love' but I just see it as favortism. But as a child I was always a daddy's girl , he would treat me kinder than my mom and always stuck up for me. But ever since his passing Ive felt even more alone then when he was here. But thankfully through it all , i still had my bestfriend Sooyoung , we've been friends since gradeschool.

"Sooyoung , come on , I got all the makeup set up in my room." She nodded and followed me to my room.Β 

"So who is this mystery guy you speak of , I don't think I recall meeting any new guys nowadays." The room went quiet as I applied her blush. She giggled and I sat confused but as always I just let it slide.

"You are always the curious type huh , I told you that you already know him , just leave it as it is , before I give you a tickle attack like yesterday." I guarded my stomach as she gave me her evil grin. We laughed and i finished up her look with a shimmery pink lip gloss and pulled up a mirror.

"Ohh~ So pretty , you never failed to make me look like a princess. Thank you Jieun." She smiled and hugged me. She looked at the time and gasped. She then looked at me with a horrored look.

"What?" I grabbed her phone and all the air was knocked out of me when I seen the time. I was 10 minutes late to work again. I quickly gathered my things and we jumped into her car and raced towards the mall.

I ran upstairs to be greeted by my manager with a disappointed furious look. I bowed and expressed my apologies but all I received was a piercing stare and I went on with work full of shame. About 5 minutes before my shift was over my boss called me into his office.

"Yes Mr.Kim? You called for me?" I said with a shaky tone , I was aware I was either going to be yelled at again or he was going to decrease my paycheck. But his response was what I dreaded the most then what I expected.

"Mrs.Shin , you are aware that you have arrived late for the second time this month correct? And of all days , you know the store becomes packed during the holidays." He said with a sigh at the end of his sentence.Β 

"I'm sorry sir , my friend came over at late notice and I had to do her makeup and..." I tried to respond but I wasΒ  cut short.

"You took time to do someone's makeup and didn't even think twice to notice that you have important work to tend to. You put your important priorities after something that isnt relevent at all?? I can't accept this kind of immaturity working under me Mrs.Shin and you know that considering the circumstances we are the most visited store in the mall during this time of year....I'm sorry to inform you but we will have to be letting you off and this will be your last day working with us. I will have your last paycheck sent to your address but you will no longer be working for CO Tech." With every word my heart sunk more and more. My life couldn't get any worse , my mom is hard on me , my dad is no longer here to comfort me , everything seems to be going horrible today.

I exited the store in shame and stumbled my way through the crowd. I looked up to see where I was going only to notice my boyfriend Jun a few meters away. I waved happily to get his attention since I havent seen him since yesterday at the end of our date. I then notice a girl come up behind him and embracing him into a back hug. I immediately stopped moving.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter