it's a thrilling ride

Where's the thrill ( somewhere in you )
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kim Taehyung is bored, undeniably and excruciatingly so and he loathes it because Kim Taehyung never get bored. It has never ever even crossed his thought that he would ever feel bored because Taehyung is almost anything but that. Taehyung is all sorts of fun. He knows how to have fun, knows where to get it and has no common sense about when he can and cannot have fun. If Kim Taehyung thinks he can get drunk and crash Kim Seokjin’s house in a Santa Claus get up in an early Sunday morning in September, then he almost hundred-percent will—no argument whatsoever. Because that is the definition of fun to Kim Taehyung.

But Kim Taehyung is so damn bored, imperceptibly so and he does not like that feeling. It feels like his life is getting duller and emptier and he needs more excitement in his life. Taehyung knows he can get a job, because that’s what Seokjin had once told him when he told the other that he was feeling bored, but what’s the fun in getting a proper, flimsy job when it is nothing close to what he enjoys and it only pays what? Less than a quarter than what he usually earns.

So yeah, he can get a job but Kim Taehyung does not want to and nobody —repeat: nobody— can make him to.

But what the hell, Kim Taehyung is still so, so bored and he does not know what to do. Maybe he can go steal that Rembrandts’ painting from that Art Museum in the city, but then again, he does not think that the painting is worth his time because he knows it’s not even original, it being somewhere in a different country and he also doesn’t feel like booking a flight ticket just because he’s much too lazy. And also excuse number two, what’s the fun in doing so when Taehyung knows no one in his country can even get close to his hair’s breadth to catch him?

So maybe Taehyung is just a simple Renowned Robber whom is probably infamous enough for stealing things out in the broad daylight without ever being caught. It’s also safe to say that he’s very, very proud of his achievements, and it’s also a huge pride that he likes to feed every time he listens to or sees television news about it, feels even better when he reads newspaper’s headline goading his stealth skills, saying “V strikes once again: an old monument disappears in broad daylight” or “V: a dark feline deft to steal and swift to escape”.

He takes pride in snatching up all these headlines for himself but exactly because of that, Taehyung also already finds his life as a renowned robber gradually dwindling. Because to his own mental and sick reason, if no one can ever catches him, if no one can even get close to know when Taehyung is going to strike a property, much less to stop him or track him afterward, only to find out about the building getting robbed after he had safely stolen an artefact, then where is the thrill to his act of thievery then?

Taehyung does not steal because of the money; Taehyung steals because of the thrill and the excitement. The money is only the bonus he had never asked for, but it’s a great bonus nonetheless because money is almost everything in this sick, twisted sad thing called the World. But stealing is fun, is the form of his fun, and used to be fun, but the detectives are idiots, the police are too slow, the security guards are ignorant and stealing gets boring when all of those reasons are combined and Taehyung always gets away easy.

So yeah, to summarise his life, Kim Taehyung is getting amazingly bored and he is much too bored to even express his awe for even feeling bored at the first place. Hence.

Taehyung is now wandering aimlessly in the city. He has tried calling Jungkook up if he is interested in getting drunk with him but the younger male has only muttered some flowery curses as he told him to, he quotes, “just off, Tae. It’s ing o’clock, what the hell are you even getting drunk for” and unquotes. So that doesn’t work very well, Taehyung sighs dejectedly, kicking a meagre pebble away just to prove his defeated feeling. He is so, so bored. The fact that he is just bored enough to find himself actually walking around at 7 o’clock in the morning to get drunk already says enough.

And just as he wanders and wonders what to do with his life, and laments if he is indeed getting to the end prime of his life, Taehyung hears his own stomach grumbles and wails to be fed. Taehyung sighs once again and slumps his shoulder.

“Even my stomach wouldn’t let me ponder about my existential crisis.” He says more to himself as he gazes around, looking for any source of food. He sees two stores, one being an actual Starbucks with its alluring scent of Banana Chocolate muffins while the other being a simple convenience store which screams variety of foods that are cheap enough, he can just buy the whole store if he wants to.

But Taehyung doesn’t want to have another life crisis about which store to go because he has had enough on his plate already, so he just decides that convenience store food trumps any other today because why should he give away his money to an already rich store, anyway? So with a slumped figure and a big, heavy question mark of What Is Life hanging unto his shoulder, Taehyung saunters into the convenience store and is almost immediately greeted by a gruff, raspy voice that sounds so exhausted and is also probably having an equally ruthless existential crisis if Taehyung ever dares say so.

“Welcome to Seven-Eleven.” He says, a lazy drawl to his tone and Taehyung’s lips quirk a little into a tiny smirk when he sees a tiny human perched behind the counter. The male looks adorable, with a tuft of pale blue fluffy hair, small feline eyes, small, pouty lips and small-framed figure. Everything screams small and adorable with said male and Taehyung is maybe, kinda, sorta already interested to woo the guy too.

But Taehyung is nothing but a polite man, despite what people may think when one is a stellar robber. So maybe he sort of want to flirt with the small feline a little bit but that does not mean he will do that. He is a better man than that so he does not—woo him, he means, pfftt, wooing? Maybe not. But catching said male’s attention? Maybe yes. Hell yes.

So Kim Taehyung usually does not steal from small stores like this one. Besides having the money to actually use them to buy something, Taehyung does not steal from small stores because they are already struggling by themselves in this World’s tiest economy so he does not want to add further to their misery. Does Taehyung already mention he’s polite? So yeah, Taehyung usually does not steal from a Seven-Eleven. Maybe also because it’s a little beneath him but he does not tell himself that because—rude.

But maybe he will, this time—stealing, he means. He’s not stealing because he doesn’t have the money, no. He just maybe wants to attract the attention of said small male. So here is the plan—Taehyung steals a cheesecake openly, pretends he is not buying anything and leaves. It’s an easy, obvious plan and it’d be a little disappointing if said male couldn’t even catch him doing that when he is trying so much to make it very, very obvious.

So easily, Taehyung pretends being cautious, looks around in what is supposed to be anxiety and fakes a shaking hand as he sneaks a cheesecake into his leather jacket. Then, just as overtly, Taehyung fakes another nervous habit and tries to leave the store by deliberately passing in front of the worker.

And just as he hopes, said male lets out a tired sigh and says—

“Please put that cheesecake back.” He hears him, the other’s voice lilts with a rasp of exhaustion and probably annoyance too. Taehyung actually grins a little too wide for being caught red-handed of stealing but let’s see if he cares when he just saunters back to the counter, takes the cheesecake out and places it there. The other looks at him briefly, an eyebrow rose at the awaiting male in front of him but doesn’t say anything at all until Taehyung actually pouts and says to him.

“Aren’t you gonna do anything—” He asks, squints his eyes at the nametag on the other’s blue uniform and continues, “Yoongi-ssi?”

Min Yoongi, he takes note.

Said Yoongi tilts his head at Taehyung, a mild frown marring on his forehead before he lets out a heavy sigh.

“Look, I’m tired and I’m so done with my life. I haven’t slept at all tonight and I’m so ing tired. Did I already say I’m tired? So yeah, I’m not gonna do anything about you trying to steal a cheesecake at 7 in the morning because I’m just so ing tired to actually argue with you to pay. So just put back the cheesecake and we’ll pretend nothing happen.”

Taehyung can only honestly blink his eyes at that, because there are several things that he expects to happen when he decides to steal from Seven-Eleven, and Min Yoongi being too lazy to make any action about his stealing is definitely not one of them.

“That’s it?” Taehyung asks back, still with that pout and a heavy feeling of disappointment probably swelling a bit too much in his chest for his liking.

Yoongi is looking at him briefly then, raises both his eyebrows at the blatant disappointment but comments nothing on it when he just tilts his head at Taehyung, almost as if he’s saying, “so, what are you still doing here?”

Taehyung pouts a little harder and sighs. So maybe his plan doesn’t work, but what can he do? Kim Taehyung can’t always be perfect. Leaving the cheesecake at the counter in a mild fit of rebellion because he sort of hates Yoongi a little for being too tired and lazy to do anything about his stealing, Taehyung starts making his way to exit the store but is unexpectedly stopped, his hope growing slightly at Min Yoongi’s drawling voice.

“Hey,” Yoongi calls and Taehyung probably turns on his feet a little too quick, squeaks a loud “yes!” probably a little too sharp too but he doesn’t care, not when Yoongi is probably going to do something about his unashamed cheesecake stealing—

“Put those Gimbaps back too. Don’t think I didn’t see that.” He says and wow, Taehyung is— wow, Taehyung is just so blown away, so he lets it show by blankly staring at said Yoongi, and lets his jaw hangs low too.

Kim Taehyung definitely does not expect that. Yes, so maybe he did steal those gimbaps because he only then realises that he really has no money at that moment, left his wallet at his apartment like an idiot. And while he is still a polite human being who definitely does not steal from Seven-Eleven, his stomach is still selfishly growling for food and Taehyung loves to spoil his tummy when he can. Hence, he’s stolen a few rolls of Gimbap with his stellar and stealth art of thievery while he also openly steals a cheesecake.

But then, Min Yoongi has noticed both of his acts of thieving and Taehyung is already a little bit in love.

Eyes shimmering with awe and probably a bit dreamy too, Taehyung walks back slowly to the counter and pull all three rolls of Gimbap out. He’s already about to leave when Yoongi stops him again with a hand outstretched and palm open wide. Taehyung looks at him confused for the briefest moment but Yoongi just raises an eyebrow at him, a look that says “do not bull me right now” and Taehyung grins readily.

Taehyung pushes a hand into his leather jacket, takes out the last roll of Gimbap, and places it into Yoongi’s hand. Oddly satisfied and enchanted, Taehyung makes to leave the convenience store with a full, palpitating chest, but not before sneaking one last look at Yoongi, said male already shaking his head tiredly and quirks up a faint smile just as he watches Taehyung leave.

That morning, Taehyung makes it a vow to return to that convenience store and verify if Yoongi’s creditable keen eyes are actually authentic and is not a one-time thing. He very badly hopes it’s authentic.

Yet Taehyung only gets to return a week after that, as he’s quite busy being V, devising and acting on a meticulous plan to rob that million dollar worth of Panther-shaped ruby diamond. He’s happy that his name is once again raiding all the headlines, but the thrill isn’t there again, and he’s already finding stealing boring. In fact, he actually finds it a lot more thrilling to steal from a certain Min Yoongi than stealing from those slow idiots of policemen and detectives. Because Min Yoongi keeps on catching him in the acts and he loves it.

Yoongi never does anything about his stealing attempts every time it happens though, only dismissing him with a shake of his head and a resigned, faint smile. And Taehyung already finds himself liking that smile a little too much despite having their interactions to the barest minimum.

Of course, as if having those keen, sharp eyes are not already enough for a Min Yoongi and he just had to have a gentle heart too. And Taehyung surmises that it’s just a human thing to do when he feels adoration simmering up and his heart races just that bit harder as he sees the way Yoongi lights up a beautiful gummy smile, waving at an elderly woman who was apparently lost and needed help in this huge, new neighbourhood.

And consequently, Taehyung finds himself returning to the convenience store almost too frequently now, Seokjin and Jungkook already labelling him a Stellar Stalker too. But that’s fine, more than fine because Yoongi never comments on it. If Yoongi ever thinks that Taehyung is creepy for knowing when his shifts start and end, or if he ever wonders why Taehyung keeps coming back to steal even though it never actually works, he never says anything about it. But maybe Taehyung wants Yoongi to, because then, he’ll have a basis to talk to the other, and if he’s lucky, maybe he can tease and laugh with the other too. But turns out, luck is never on his side when it comes to Yoongi.

Taehyung has to work his own miracle if he ever wants to be lucky with said smaller male.

“Just say hi to him, Taehyung. It’s not exactly a rocket science.” Seokjin once mentioned to him when Taehyung had brought it up and he ended up choking on his food because the thought of initiating a formal conversation was not a thought he’d like to think about. But Taehyung is running out of ideas, and maybe patience too because despite the evident attraction between the two of them— well, he’d like to believe so even if he has no basis on it—none of them ever acts on it and it’s already been two weeks since they had met. Again, Taehyung is not a man of patience.

That is why Taehyung stands in front of the counter today at 2 o’clock in the morning, mind determined to kick off a conversation although his racing heart says otherwise. Yoongi looks him up and down almost judgingly if he doesn’t know any better, but Taehyung thinks he’s only sizing him up, probably wondering why Taehyung is now handing him a ton of cash for a small candy of strawberry lollipop after trying to steal tons of times as if he doesn’t have any life outside stealing from Seven-Eleven.

“Um, that’s one dollar for a lollipop.” Yoongi says as a matter of fact, emphasising the price while looking at Taehyung incredulously.

Taehyung only manages to blink at the other before he grins a lopsided one, takes one dollar from the wad of cash and places it unto the counter. Yoongi raises an eyebrow as his hand goes to pick up the money but Taehyung holds onto it like it’s his dear life and Yoongi looks back at him, slightly bewildered and amused.

“That’s one dollar for the lollipop,” Taehyung starts, wishing it sounds as smooth as it does in his head as he pushes the other ton of cash unto the counter as well, just beside the one dollar just as he continues to say, “and ninety-nine dollars for an hour of your time anytime this week.” He ends the sentence with a confident smile, though his heart is rampaging against his chest as if it wants out of this heart race.

He sees the way Yoongi blinks several times, and then frowns confusedly before realisation probably dawns unto him and he crosses both his arms against his chest just as he narrows those tiny slits of his eyes at Taehyung.

“Are you implying that I’m cheap enough that you can just buy my sacred time with ninety-nine dollars?” Taehyung blinks his eyes before they widen just that slightest bit as he scrambles to explain.

“No! You’re not cheap! I mean, uh, that’s not what I tried to, uh, imply. But I just, um, wanted to talk to you, but, I, it’s not that easy, so uh, maybe, yeah…” Taehyung deflates slightly at that, because he knows he’s doomed even his chance at talking to Yoongi now, much less trying to woo him. Yoongi snorts probably at what is supposed to be his attempt at explaining, but Taehyung immediately shoots up again, beaming because Yoongi doesn’t seem very repulsed at him even after all that. One can only hope for the better, right?

“So is this just you trying to score a date with me by offering a ton of money for an hour of my time because you don’t know any other way?” Yoongi asks and Taehyung sheepishly answers.

“Uh…Yeah?” He blinks.

“How about you just say a ing simple hi and we can see it from there?” Yoongi suggests like the normal person he is with an eyebrow raised.

“Seokjin tried telling me that too but I thought it was a little too tame.” Taehyung answers with a shrug as if just the idea itself is repulsively boring. Oh, if only Yoongi knows how anxious he is just at the thought of initiating a normal conversation with him.

“Too tame—“ Yoongi snorts just before he shakes his head in resignation, an amused smile ghosting over his thin lips. Taehyung grins impishly as he leans forward over the counter.

“Okay. But still, is it working though?” Taehyung dares himself to ask, to hope when he sees that smile growing impeccably wider.

“Probably but maybe, instead of paying me money for a date, you should use them for that date you’re going to be planning for instead.” Yoongi says with a satisfied smirk just as he slides the wad of cash over the counter surface towards Taehyung again and the latter grins just as he pushes them back.

“Don’t worry. Money is never short in my pocket.” Taehyung replies and Yoongi adorably rolls his eyes at his answer.

“If you are never short of money, then why did you never pay for the stuffs you always try to steal?” Taehyung grins a little bit more.

“And the answer to that question will be on our first date. Get to know each other, like first stage and stuffs.” He says nonchalantly and the way Yoongi laughs just as his eyes disappear in between those little crinkles, his gummy showing as perfectly so, Taehyung wishes he can see more of that, already trying to memorise how his laugh sounds in his head.

“Fine. Let’s get on with the first stage and stuffs then.” Yoongi finally agrees and Taehyung is already planning the greatest First Date ever, which is what he blurts out first thing after that.

“How does tonight sounds? Over at Double Pine Hotel.” He says what his mind has been suggesting, never really thinks that it could sound so wrong until Yoongi points it out.

“Whoa there, young man. That does not sound like a first stage to me. Does it sound so to you?” Yoongi asks with a pleased smirk, and Taehyung probably almost panics at the realisation.

“. . Sorry, it doesn’t sound so wrong when I was thinking it in my head.” Taehyung almost scrambles to explain it. “But I still mean it. Tonight, at Double Pine Hotel, but not in the room like it implied. Just there, at the top floor restaurant, uh, fine dining and like that.” Taehyung adds a little more, scratches a non-itchy spot at his nape.

“Fine dining and —“ Yoongi repeats in startled amusement just before he scoffs and actually continues, “still, excuse me if I’m being rude, but how the hell could you even afford a fine dining at that hotel? I mean, you don’t seem like you’re old and filthy rich to me. Actually, you seem very much younger than me and probably a little underprivileged too. Not that I’m judging you.” Yoongi is quick to clarify when Taehyung mocks an offended look.

“Okay, firstly, rude. And secondly, I can afford it. I just don’t show it in my outer appearance.” Taehyung says with a pride, fixing the collar of his worn-out leather jacket just to prove his point.

“Okay, even though assuming that you can pay for it, that doesn’t mean I want it. I think I would much prefer a more lenient First Date, if you would. Like a date where I can just relax and even better, strolls there in my basic pyjamas.” Yoongi explains and, and Yoongi’s idea of Dates almost takes Taehyung by surprise actually. He almost doesn’t know what to say at this point.

“Okay, uh, wow. That’s different. But okay, fine. I think that works too. I’d like that.” Taehyung says. Smooth. Right.

But Yoongi only cranes a doubtful look at him, a smug smile working its way unto his lips as he stares at Taehyung.

“Are you sure you know how a First Date actually work though?” Yoongi asks after a while and Taehyung puffs out his lips into a pout at that.

“Of course I do.” He whines almost petulantly and Yoongi actually chuckles amused at him for that.

“You sure about that? Like, did you know that people usually knows the name of their date before they actually goes for it? Didn’t think knowing each other’s names would be important?” Yoongi tries and goes to prove his point when Taehyung straightaway pales upon the dawning realisation.

“Right, names. Haha. Didn’t think of that.” Taehyung laments lamely with a snap of his fingers. He almost forgets that Yoongi doesn’t actually know his name while he does the other. Yoongi however can only shake his head amused once again.

“You know what? Give me your phone number and I’ll text you the details of our First Date. I don’t trust you yet with the planning.” Yoongi spreads his palm open just as he flicks his fingers, waiting impatiently for Taehyung to lend him his phone.

“Hey I’m amazing with planning. You’ll be worshipping my ground if you know all about my amazing planning before!” Taehyung says with another petulant pout, already fishing out his social phone as he places it into Yoongi’s grip.

“Yeah, sure.” Yoongi says dismissively as he keys in his number, typing a message on the phone to text it back to his own. “Your name?” He hears Yoongi asks softly, eyes never leaving the screen of his phone.

“Min Taehyung.” Taehyung says back absentmindedly, doesn’t realise what he has said and only panicking when Yoongi briefly lets out an amused “for real?”

Taehyung’s eyes expand like a programmed response just as he stutters to correct himself.

“Kim! Kim Taehyung! . What the hell is wrong with me?” Taehyung almost borderline whines when Yoongi just barely snorts— definitely amused.

“We don’t even get to first stage yet and you’re already using my family name?” Yoongi remarks playfully and Taehyung couldn’t even hide the blush that swipes across his face then.

Grinning satisfied, Yoongi finally passes back Taehyung’s phone. “Done. I’ll text you details soon.” He says, still with that gummy grin. Taehyung bites down his own boxy smile as he tries to will down the red shade colouring his cheeks.

“Okay. Great. Magnificent. So uh, I’ll see you soon?” Taehyung tries and Yoongi happily nods back.

“Yeah, soon enough.” He confirms, waving a hand casually.

“Good night, Yoongi.”

“Hyung, Yoongi-hyung. But yeah, good morning too, Taehyung. Sleep well.”

When Taehyung goes out the store afterwards, he immediately speed dials his friend and screams into the phone.

“Jeon ing Jungkook! I did it! I ing nailed it! I scored a date with him! I’m having a date and he—“

“ing Kim Taehyung! It’s 3 o’clock in the morning, you asswipe!”

“Not important! So let me recite you the whole story—“

“ing —“

And the line goes dead just as he barely hears the remnants of Jungkook’s endless curses.

 

 

But— the First Date only occurs two days later, when Yoongi texts a simple ‘Ol Greasy Diner 7pm sharp today and Taehyung almost immediately neglects all his Blueprints and Plan sheets for his V heist, leaving a perplexed Jungkook and Seokjin behind as he gets ready in a flash because 7 p.m. is half an hour away and Yoongi does not have the decency to warn him at least 24 hours earlier. , he’s going to be late. Subway, Taehyung is driving his red Maserati today. Humble and humility be gone because he is going to be ing late on his First Date and that is not okay because Kim Taehyung strives for Chivalry.

And just like any other First Dates in the World, Taehyung’s actually goes quite ordinarily contrary to what he initially imagines it to be. The date goes something like this— Taehyung reaches just barely, rushes into the diner, finds an amused-looking Yoongi at a corner table, Yoongi comments that he does not actually expect Taehyung to be punctual because he knows he’s being a , Taehyung sits down, they order some greasy food, they eat messily, they chat awkwardly, Taehyung pays for the food and yet, they still leave with a shy smile and a promise of a second date.

Yoongi does ask him at one point about why he keeps on stealing if he has the money, and Taehyung simply dismisses it saying that he does it only to make Yoongi to notice him. He probably sees the faint shade of pink dusting the apples of Yoongi’s cheeks, but the elder male only tries to fan himself to hide it, and Taehyung lets it go for now despite wanting so bad to coo at his adorable, shy shade of pink.

Yoongi also asks “how the did you own a Maserati?” as soon as Taehyung offers to send him home but the latter only barely shrugs his shirt-cladded shoulders and answers meekly because he doesn’t really think it’s of importance. “As I’ve told you, I’m never short on money.” He says and Yoongi huffs out an unbelievable sigh, rolls his eyes at the other just as he takes his seat beside the driver’s in the car. If Taehyung intentionally leans closer to help Yoongi fasten the seatbelt, liking the way the other stiffens as their warmth melds together from the lack of space between them, he doesn’t let on to anyone that he learns doing that from a low-quality movie.

And just like that, Taehyung advances from stealing from Seven-Eleven to bringing Yoongi to Several Dates, of which Yoongi always frown whenever Taehyung sets up expensive ones or tries to buy Yoongi things that he of course could never afford in his lifetime. More often than not they would fall into arguments, Yoongi scolding the younger for “spending too much” or “spending recklessly” while Taehyung simply retorts “I don’t mind if it’s you” or “I have too much in my plate anyway” as if spending money is never an issue to begin with.

All these arguments though always end with a defeated thrum from Yoongi, the latter’s hand worming its way to Taehyung’s before they intertwine adamantly, says “we’re going to hold hands every time we argue or else this is never going anywhere”. The first time it happened, they had argued about whether Channel was better than Gucci and Taehyung was a little too worked up over it that they almost said hurtful, bitter things that should never make its appearance in the first place so Yoongi had said, “Hold my hand now. From now on, we’ll do this every time we’re going into any heated arguments. We’re only barely on our third date and we’re already arguing like an old married couple.” Till this day, Yoongi never knew how much Taehyung had liked that last phrase a little too much then.

But backing up to the main topic, Yoongi usually frowns harder whenever Taehyung dismisses the importance of money nonchalantly as he always does but he has never comment or ask anything back about it, probably thinks it’s not his place yet to question considering that they have only known each other for four weeks at most.

And wow, it’s already been four weeks since he’s known Min Yoongi and it’s also already been two weeks and a half since V has last made its appearance. There are several headlines that address the strange disappearance of V because V usually appears once a week, doesn’t matter what he steals, whether it’s as costly as a diamond ring or as a meagrely as a simple iMac. He usually steals something every week, because that’s what he enjoys doing—stealing. But ever since he has start going on little dates with Min Yoongi, Taehyung doesn’t seem to remember just what exactly that he used to enjoy.

“You changed.” Seokjin once remarked during one of their precious, sporadic hang out last weekend because apparently, Taehyung is always with Yoongi recently and does not have time for his friends. And Taehyung only looked at him confused before Seokjin eventually clarified. “You haven’t been stealing anything lately and I didn’t see any plans or blueprints scattering around, which means you haven’t done any huge planning so far. Unless you’re doing it secretly and you don’t want me to know.” Taehyung blinked his eyes blankly and grinned when he finally understood what the elder male had meant. “Is that a good thing?” He asked, and Seokjin smiled a big, sincere one. “Always. You know how much I’ve wanted you to stop being V.”

And that’s fine, really. Taehyung knows how much Seokjin, Jungkook and his parents worry about his V alternate persona, always fidgeting and worrying if Taehyung would ever get caught one of these days. Although Taehyung always tells them not to worry, they always and still do and it’s apparently not something one can just control, his mother had once scolded him. Taehyung thinks he understands, but it never really stop him from being V because again, it’s what he enjoys doing. So when Taehyung also realises that he hasn’t put on his V persona at all for past few weeks, he is actually mildly surprised that he doesn’t feel anything, doesn’t feel bad or sad or even worse, he doesn’t actually feel bored at all. It’s been a thrilling ride just getting to know Min Yoongi and it’s all the thrill he has ever looked for.

But still, Taehyung has an enemy. Not a gruesome kind of enemy, but more of a nemesis where they both always keep track of who steals the most and whatnots. And recently, said nemesis a.k.a Kim Namjoon or RM, his other persona name, has been getting the highlight of his life since V has disappeared and he is kind of, probably a little envious of that. So V plans for another big heist, big enough to actually warrants a warning from both Kim Seokjin and Jeon Jungkook for real this time.

“Tae, don’t do this. It’s too risky.” Seokjin warns.

“Don’t worry, hyung. You know I always escape unscathed. It won’t be any different this time.”

“But hyung, it is different this time.” Jungkook says with a frown. “I work at the Metropolitan Police and there’re these new guys who’re pretty skilled and one of them is quite enthusiastic about arresting you.”

“Then, all the more reason why I should do this, Kookie. I wanna see who this guy is and if he’s any good. What’s his name anyway?” Taehyung enquires and is a little bit interested when Jungkook almost obviously lightens up at his question.

“He’s real good, hyung. He’s a hyung I kinda look up to. His name is Park Jimin.” He readily tells and Taehyung notes the name and keeps it secure at the back of his head— because apparently, the owner to that name also has his baby Jeon Jungkook looks a little too smitten too and that’s already a feat in itself.

“Park Jimin. Great, let’s see how good he is then.” Taehyung says in finality and both Seokjin and Jungkook shoot real, worried looks at each other this time. And yeah, so even though Taehyung can obviously see it, he says nothing about it— is just intent on proving to a certain RM that Kim Taehyung is still very much V and V is nothing but a proud, Stellar and Renowned Robber than RM ever will be.


And V’s planning is always perfect. He takes into account almost everything as he plans a heist. He takes note about the possible police prowling his raid, about possible tight security, goes on to scout the building to plan both entrance and escape routes, plans how he’s stealing his targeted object, he plans everything and plans them meticulously too. So he doesn’t exactly know what has actually gone wrong with his plan this time as he limps through his escape, blood seeping through his black outfit and harsh pain shooting sharply with every rushed step he takes.

It probably has something to do with Park Jimin’s outstanding shooting skills. It also probably has something to do with a certain blue haired male being in the same building he’s robbing, also something else to do with the way said male is holding a goddamn gun while directing it at him. To say that he’s surprised is probably the worst understatement ever, which is probably why he is slow to realise that Park Jimin is already triggering his own gun at Taehyung then.

It’s only Jungkook’s frantic shout of “wait” that startles him out of that surprise, a little too late to completely avoid the incoming bullet despite his exceptional primal reflex, because the gun is already triggered, the bullet has been shot and it’s already embedded in his thigh when he tries to jump out to dodge it. He hisses and groans in pain as he cradles his leg, looking wide-eyed at Jungkook whom has pushed Jimin’s hand away to stop him although he’s also a second too late for that.

Both Jimin and Yoongi looks at Jungkook incredulously, as if he’s done something ridiculous, taboo even but Taehyung is thankful for that heavy silence as he takes that as his chance to finally make that escape. Taehyung runs as best as his can with his damaged leg, all the way worrying if Yoongi recognises him. But he assures himself that it’s probably impossible to recognise him when he’s taken to himself to wear a white, full-face mask and that he’s safe for now.

Just as he reaches his apartment, Seokjin is already there, waiting with a few other medical personnel, already received words from Jungkook that he’s been shot and are ready to do what needs to be done.

It’s only when the bullet is removed from his thigh, bandages wrapped around it tightly while a deep, heavy scowl finally settles across Seokjin’s face that Taehyung really realises that— , Min Yoongi is a ing detective. And he doesn’t know what to do with that information, because while RM is his nemesis, detectives and police alike are his sworn enemy and Min Yoongi is a ing detective and he never told Taehyung about it. He doesn’t even know if Yoongi knows. What if Yoongi knows? Hell, what if Yoongi knows and being a Seven-Eleven worker is actually his secret identity or secret ploy to get to V? , he’s putting himself and everyone around him in danger and he doesn’t even know. How can Taehyung be so blind? He just puts Jungkook in—

“.” Taehyung hisses painfully as he shoots up, suddenly reminded that Jungkook is left behind to deal with his unexpected interference with Jimin’s and probably Yoongi’s job too.

“Stop moving so much, Tae. They just stitched your wound up. I don’t want to see it opening back so soon.” Seokjin reprimands him, tries pushing him back to lie down on the bed.

“I—I need to call Jungkookie. He, he jeopardised his job for me just now and I—“

“Relax, Tae. I know you’re worried and probably feels guilty,” Seokjin rolls his eyes slightly agitated, “but I already called Jungkook and he said he’s fine. He’ll come around tomorrow to see you. And you can apologise to us then. For now, sleep.” He says, ends it sternly as he tucks Taehyung into bed.

The next day Taehyung wakes up, it’s daylight again and he feels even worse than before he has gone to sleep. There’s a stormy headache assaulting his temples, his throat is parched and sharp, stabbing pains spike through his body as if they want to pulverize his whole being. He looks around and sees that his room is empty, but the slightly opened door lets in a waft of delectable aroma and he immediately knows that Seokjin’s out there and probably never really left him alone at all.

Taehyung really wants to move out of the bed, goes to sit on the bar stool at the kitchen island and just waits until Seokjin feeds him the food he’s smelt since he’s woken up. But his injured leg shoots unbearable pains even when he just as much as twitches a muscle and he feels oddly fatigued to actually do anything other than groan, so he lays back down dejectedly until he hears the door creaks open and Jungkook’s voice whispers through.

“Tae-hyung? Are you up?” Jungkook asks as he shuffles inside quietly. Taehyung gets up in a fleeting bout of excitement, only to let out a pained growl almost as if he feels the woun

Please log in to read the full chapter