Final 1/1

Listen to my heart

Hi, I'm back with another fic n.n I hope you like this one shot. I wanted to warm your hearts a little and came up with this idea. I love you :3

(Oops I made some mistakes so I'll be editing them in a short while, forgive me if its not perfect please T.T)


 

*waves sfx*

Shaaaaa~

Woooooo~

 

 

"Ah.. It's always peaceful at this time of the year, right Hyewon?.. Everyone's at home with their wives and kids, parents and uncles having family gatherings.."

Min Yoongi sat with sad eyes looking down at the green grass from the hill where his sister had been laid to rest forever three years ago. He had arrived ten minutes before the tide had started to go up. However, it was already too strong by then, so the beach was empty and the waves were crashing loudly against the big boulders on the shore.

"It seems I'm the only one left in this world" he said, the heaviness in his heart made his voice lower even more than what he meant. "There's no one else that matters to me like you do, Hyewonie..." He released a big sigh and added "What should I do?"

As he muttered those words, his chest hurt with such a sting from knowing he wasn't going to be able to hear his sister sing to him anymore, that he had to get up and leave because he couldn't stand the horrible pain of being alone.

"I miss you little rascal, wait for me next year... Maybe I'll stay longer then and I'll get to see mom and dad too.."

His dark thoughts would have saddened his parents and his sister but Yoongi was indeed in so much pain, that he came to envy the dead. His life was so dull after his only surviving family member left him, that he hadn't been able to write anything else since.

A writer was of value for a publishing company, only if he had works in progress for people to look forward to but, it was December already and the editor in chief had been warning his manager clearly from way back in September: "If Yoongi-ssi doesn't have even one draft ready for January, then we're dropping him out.."

His contract was supposed to last seven years but because he hadn't been producing anything for the past three years, the company wasn't in the mood for investing more money into someone useless like him.

 

He started walking down the hill once he had let out all of his thoughts into the wind and the sound of the strong crashing waves. He stole one last quick glance to the white cross standing on top of the hill and he went all the way down to the shore with his sandals in hand.

The sand was so smooth and the water so clear, that he was able to see all kinds of beautiful pink and white shells sparkling under the water because of the warm mid day sun rays. It was quiet indeed. A quiet day by the sea of Busan; the city that took him and his sister in, when their parents left them, was indeed like a home to him.

While he walked by the beach, Yoongi bent from time to time to pick up some pretty seashells that he thought his sister would've loved to have. Everything reminded him of Hyewon... 

"Huh?" He halted in his steps, there appeared to be someone sitting on a stone a few meters away from where he was standing.

The figure turned out to be a man. His short hair and strong arms and legs gave him up. Yoongi began walking closer intrigued by the man's aspect. He looked young and his skin was almost as golden as the sand he was stepping on. When he was close enough to distinguish his profile's soft features, he noticed that the guy had his eyes closed.

He was sitting cross-legged on top of that flat rock when his lips morphed into a warm and sweet smile. Yoongi stared, wide eyed, as the man held a conch up to his ear. The sea kept making its usual sounds but for a moment, Yoongi's brain commanded his ears to isolate him from the noise and he felt at peace just by looking at the other. His expression was so serene, so tranquil...

A sudden splash interrupted both of them.

"Aghh! Oh God..." cough cough*

Yoongi gulped down some water and the saltiness made him cough hard as he stumbled some steps backwards. His hearing started to come back and after he lashed out some complaints against the mischievous sea; he found out the other person had gotten off the rock and had approached him, besides, he was clearly chuckling in amusement. 

"What's so funny? You're wet too!" Yoongi pointed at both of them. His entire front side was completely soaked and thick salty drops of water were running down from his nose and mouth. When he finally got rid off of his wet sweater, Yoongi's gaze lifted from the ground and he couldn't avoid the loud gasp falling from his mouth when they fell on the other man... Uh, boy?

Suddenly, the sun had a face and it was shinning brightly, more than anything he'd seen in his entire life and it made Min Yoongi put all of his sadness away.

The glow in the boy's skin was unbelievable, it looked golden from afar but now that he was standing less than three feet from him, it looked even better... His hair was as yellow as a baby chick, no, change that, a duckling... His plush lips combined with his hair made him look like a new born duckling. Yellow. Yoongi saw yellow everywhere and it was mesmerizing. His ears were soon filled with the warm sound of more chuckles, that oddly enough, reminded him of the color yellow as well. "Everything in this guy..." Yoongi thought- "makes me feel so..."

"Are you okay?" The yellow haired guy asked, interrupting Yoongi's train of thoughts.

"Uhh.. Uhmmm, ye-yeah" Yoongi answered hesitantly.

The guy kept chuckling softly. His face features, Yoongi observed, were quite charming. Besides his full lips, he noticed his pink and cute chubby cheeks, his crescent moon shaped eye smile... Wait, he can't see the his eye color, he's staring at his feet...

"You're still laughing.. Its not okay to laugh about other people" Yoongi stated, in a scolding tone since he was upset. He was wearing a sweater his sister had gifted him the last Christmas they had spent together...

"I'm sorry, it's not my intention... uhh mister..?" the guy asked, fidgetting with the conch he still had in his hands and still not looking at Yoongi.

"Yoongi.. Min Yoongi, and you should look people in the eye if you want to apologize sincerely when you have offended someone!" he huffed while pointing his index finger at him.

Silently, the boy lifted his gaze to try and make eye contact with Yoongi. His eyes weren't closed anymore neither was he smiling. 

"I'm sorry, Yoongi.." His voice was barely audible and the frustrated writer was about to ask what was that he said, when he noticed the faded honey color in his eyes.

"I don't usually look up because I can't actually see" the, now, clearly younger boy added in a soft whisper.

It was then, that Yoongi's hearing decided to comeback completely. The waves kept crashing against the big boulders on the shore and their loud sound covered up Yoongi's mortified yelp. 

Of course, the boy returned to smiling so naturally, that Yoongi wanted to throw himself into the sea. Never in his entire boring and dull life had he met someone so beautiful and perfect, besides his mom and his own sister. He was, for sure, suffering the consequences for being such an idiotic, grumpy, sour and negative person all the time.

"I didn't know!" He finally snapped out of his stupidity. "Oh God! I was just... I'm in such a bad gloomy mood and when I thought it couldn't get any worse, the sea decides it'll be funny to see me angry and and- and this happened! ! I'm rambling! !" he curses at the four winds and covers his face in embarrassment, but then feels even more stupid because its pointless to cover up.

"He can't see you Yoongi! !" He curses again and goes completely pale acknowledging he had just said that aloud.

"Pfft.. Hahahahaha" the other boy laughs, his sweet tone of voice piercing through Yoongi's heart. "You're so funny! My name is Jimin, Park Jimin, nice to meet you Yoongi.. hyung... Hyung, right?" the boy extends his hand and Yoongi just takes it, extremely bewildered.

"I can sense in your voice that you're older than me!" he says and his left hand touches and tightens once or twice around Yoongi's wrist while he squeezes him with the one he's handshaking him.

"Are you perhaps 25- hmm no, 26?" He adds questioningly after some more touches.

"Uhh, yeah, 25" Yoongi answers. His voice trembles a little and he quickly clears his throat. "Yes! I'm 25 years old and what about you?" He cringes when he tries his best to sound more mature but instead, he sounds like one of those people from that tacky, all scripted, reality tv show where a bunch of guys meet one girl and try to impress her to her... What was it called again? Ah, yes! The bachelorette... 

"Woah, why are you talking like a trashy reality tv show character?" Jimin asks him, smiling like an angel and Yoongi thinks 'wow this guy can even read my mind!' And stares at him stupidly.

"I don't know, did I sound like that to you?" He asks and Jimin shakes his head.

"No, hyung, forget about it" the boy answers. "I'm 23!" He adds.Yoongi nods knowingly and they fall into awkward silence.

Once again Jimin laughs and Yoongi, startled, asks "wh-what?"

"Let me guess... You nodded, right?"

"Damn it!!"

Jimin bends violently and grabs his tummy as he does so, never letting go of his conch. Yoongi glances at him and slowly starts smiling, then finally huffs and laughs audibly while he rubs his forehead and looks away.

He's shy. Shy in front of a boy he just met. He's talking to someone who isn't his manager or his best friend Hoseok for the first time in years and, momentarily, Yoongi feels good...

 

***

 

Time goes by. Days, weeks, months, none of them go without Yoongi meeting Jimin; without him sending and receiving voice messages or talking on the phone with him.

Yoongi loves Jimin's voice. He sounds like an angel and the only other person he's considered as one before was his own sister. He's ecstatic. Life has suddenly returned to his half dead body.

Jimin visits him every Wednesday and Sunday and makes sure the lazy writer does some exercises here and there.

"It's good for your health, hyung! Come on! Are you sure you're 25? My grandpa runs faster than you!" He claps and screams amusedly when Yoongi has only been on the threadmill for ten minutes but already falling off of it.

The sound Yoongi makes when he's running out of breath always has Jimin chuckling. He sounds like a dying fish because it's out of the water, but he never gives up and that's one of the first things Jimin notices he likes about Yoongi...

 

***

 

"Imagine all the people living life in peace, you~"

Yoongi hears Jimin signing in the shower for the first time after a long exercise routine. He holds his breath during the whole song and listens carefully without making any sound that might interrupt Jimin. 

When the shower goes off, he places the towel on top of the toilet tank, like he always does, and exits the bathroom on tiptoes. He doesn't tell Jimin anything... But he tells Hoseok.

 

To: Hoseokie<3

Guess what?

From: Hoseokie<3

What?

I'm on a short break, spill it quickly!

 

To: Hoseokie<3

I'm in love

From: Hoseokie<3

Woah woah whoaaaahhhh

Hold on!

You what????!!!

 

To: Hoseokie <3

I think I am, Hobi..

I heard him sing today, you know

He sounds beautiful, just like he is

 

From: Hoseokie<3

You're talking about Jimin, right?

 

To: Hoseokie<3 

Of course, !

Who else?

From: ¬_¬

Hey! I have feelings!!

When are you going to let me

meet him tho?

 

To: My e.e 

[*screenshots the chat*]

There, happy?

Idk, you have to promise

you'll behave

 

From: My e.e

[*opens file*]

Aww much better

my grumpy grumps :*

And when have I ever misbehaved?

 

To: My e.e

Every single day of your life

 

From: My e.e

True ^^'

To: My e.e

Have a nice day Hobi...

 

***

The publishing house began to pressure Yoongi's manager, Seokjin, to tell him to hand in something by the end of the week and when he finally told him what he had to do, Yoongi didn't complain.

He had been working on something in secret and in the best of cases, he wanted to show it to Hoseok first so he would have a second opinion. However, Hoseok had been busy with his own responsibilities at the school, being a coordinator and everything, leaving him only to risk it all by showing it to his manager.

"This is.. This is a big project, Yoongi..." His manager was completely speechless. Of course, such reaction would only satisfy Yoongi for a little while. He wanted to know more.

"I know it's big, but what I want you to tell me is if it is possible or not" he went straight to the point and Seokjin stared at the thick folder sitting on his lap.

"I'm not sure, I'll have to talk to the editor in chief and to the president himself... We've never done anything like this" 

"You have to understand that I am the one taking the big risk here, hyung"

"I know.."

Seokjin gave him some reassurance that he would do everything in his power to make it happen and shook his hand. In his suitcase rested Yoongi's greediest project ever and if the publishers didn't accept it, then, he would have to pack his stuff and move to a different city, to a smaller place, until he could land a new contract.

 

***

It was February already and Jimin had some days off the following week. He had been getting to know Yoongi for two months and on Valentine's day, he wanted nothing more but to be with him. 

His coworkers had noticed the change in his mood as well and lately, Taehyung, his best friend had started picking on him for this too.

"Chimmy~ Oh Chiminnie~" the dorky young boy called for him in the most annoying voice possible.

Jimin feigned deafness and continued cleaning the piano on the stage. His stage. He worked at a cafe and Friday night always ment full house. Everyone loved getting off from work early on Fridays, because they knew Jimin would be there from 6 to 8 playing the piano and singing for them.

It was the best job, really. He was incredibly happy there.

"Are you ignoring me Jimothy??" His friend continued talking in that annoying voice. It reminded him of Rupaul, but a cheap imitation.

"Well, guess I'm not giving you the message then.." Tae proceeded to turn around slowly.

Jimin fell into his trap just like he had foreseen it and asked in a rush: "Wait! What message?"

Tae had a mischievous smile on his face when he turned back again and though Jimin couldn't see it, he could appreciate the mirth in his normal tone of voice. That one had an unequivocally original, one and only, Kim Taehyung seal and it soon had him smiling as well.

"Someone came to see you but you were backstage, so I told him that as your best friend for life in the whole wide world, one of my duties was deliver messages to you.."

Jimin laughed at Tae's bouncy tone of voice and hurried pace. All those signs told him he was indeed excited to tell him about it, so he went with the flow.

"Was it a cute guy?" He clapped his hands together and opened his mouth exaggerating as much as he could.

"Ha ha.. Very funny Park Jimin, but yes, he was kinda cute; not my style tho, I think his name was.. Uh.. Uhmm" and he stayed there for literally a whole minute making those noises until he couldn't hold his laugh any longer.

"Ok, tell me Tae, who came looking for me?" Jimin knew his friend very well, he knew he wasn't lying or just teasing him so, he waited patiently until he recovered from his nervous laughter. Believe it or not, those voices and imitations were just a defense mechanism for a mistreated and abandoned boy, who happened to have one of the purest and sweetest hearts ever.

He cleared his throat and dried his tears before finally saying: "His name was Yoongi" and pausing for a moment, to observe Jimin's reaction.

"Yoongi?" 

"Uhm"

"Ah.. So.. What did he want?" Jimin's cheeks had started to turn pink and he became fidgety.

"I knew it was him..." Taehyung added with fondness "since the moment he asked for you, the way he called your name"

"What? Haha what are you saying Taetae?" Jimin laughed abashed by his implication.

But Taehyung was so sure, that he let the words come out by themselves "He's the man you like, am I wrong?" 

Jimin gulped. He stopped fidgeting and his left hand slowly came to rest on the top of the piano. "What did he say?" He asked, then his heart began to pound like crazy.

"Well, he told me to give you this.." Tae reached for his right hand and placed something light and flat on his open palm.

The boy turned around, glad to have confirmed his suspicion with Jimin neither acknowledging nor refusing his statement like that and left him standing there, with his fingers skimming a piece of folded paper. 

And it wasn't just any piece of folded paper, Jimin noted, when he sat down to examine the weightless object. It was an origami heart.

While his fingers traced the delicate borders of the folded paper, his thumbs distinguished the swelling in the center of it. So, Jimin started looking for the last fold, the remaining tip, and began to unfold it.

Once he had the page completely open, Jimin wasn't able to contain his surprise.

He touched it with his palm first, when he was trying to get the wrinkles to go away. Then, he placed his fingertips on it, gently , and when the little bumps felt familiar; it all made sense. 

,2 my val5t9e

Yoongi had written "Be my Valentine" in braille.

 

***

 

"Hi, hyung" Jimin greeted him on the phone.

Yoongi was a whole bundle of nerves. He had gone earlier to look for Jimin because he wanted to invite him to have dinner at his house. He had planned an entire romantic dinner for both of them but the trick was, that Jimin didn't know anything about it... Yet.

"Hi Jimine!" He answered.

"I got your message, hyung" his voice sounded really soft and shy.

"Ah, good, and.. What do you say?" He cursed internally for being so awkward all the time, though he had improved thanks to Jimin.

"I say... yes" he stuttered a little and Yoongi couldn't find him any more cuter than that.

"Ok! That makes it a date, then!" He almost jumped from his chair to his couch from happiness. They were on total opposite sides of the room but he would have done it easily, don't underestimate him...

Jimin confirmed the time and hung up since he had to go on stage soon. The crowd was hyping him up and Yoongi felt proud of him.

 

***

 

"It's a yes, then?" Yoongi was on the phone earlier that day.

Seokjin congratulated him once again. "It is..."

 

***

A month back

To: [email protected]

Hello! My name is Min Yoongi and I'm an author. 

I understand that you teach Braille, I'm interested in learning the method. Would you be able to meet me soon?

Best regards.

From:  [email protected]

Hi! I got your email Min-ssi. Nice to meet you.

Yes, I do. I'm available in the mornings. Can you work with that? I'll wait for the answer.

Don't worry about honoraries.

Jk.

To: [email protected]

I can do that. But, what are you saying about honoraries? Look, I'm a successful author, tell me your price and I'll pay.

Best regards.

From: [email protected]

I know you are Min-ssi. However, this is something I want to do for free, don't feel offended.

I'll give you my number and we'll decide a time and date over there. 

[*attachment*]

/Contact number/

Jk

 

To:Jk

Hi, this is Min Yoongi

From: Jk

Hello hyung :)

To: Jk

¿?

From: Jk

:)

To: Jk

Uh.. Anyway

Can you meet me tomorrow?

From: Jk

Of course, hyung!

Where? What time?

To: Jk

You keep using "hyung"..

Uh..

Do you know Busan's public library?

From: Jk

Yes, you're my hyung xD

I'm from Busan too

See you at eight?

To: Jk

Oh! Do I know you?

How convenient then..

Ok

See you there

From: Jk

Wait! How will I recognize you?

Ò.ô

To: Jk

but I thought you knew me(?)

Hmm, I'll be the one all in black, then

From: Jk

K, until tomorrow

Bye

 

***

Back to present time

When Jimin finished his presentation, he greeted the customers afterwards as he'd always do.

He was so used to everyone at the cafe that he recognized them easily by their voices. If men were really fond of him, they would even reach for his hand to shake and women would hug him tight. There was also an old lady who loved going on Fridays just to listen to Jimin sing. She would always wear that old Chanel perfume and kiss Jimin on the cheek sweetly. The staff considered her their grandma.

"You're here grandma" Jimin said when his nosetrills identified the flowery scent of her perfume.

"Of course, darling, how could I miss listening to your beautiful voice?" she cupped his cheeks and kissed both of them. Jimin giggled.

"I'm nervous grandma" he didn't know when, why or how those words left his mouth but he was being honest. He needed some advice and comfort.

"Why's that?" She asked.

"I'll be meeting someone I really like and... My heart is going crazy" the boy confessed.

"Ahh, I see.. Young love" she said.

"Well, yeah"

"You'll be fine darling, I know he'll treat you right" she kissed him one last time on the cheek.

Jimin smiled and thanked her for calming him down. Then, he proceeded to walk out of the cafe. He had folded the paper back into its heart shape and he had it clutched tight inside his hand against his chest and the cane in the other.

He just wanted to be with him...

 

***

Yoongi was staring holes into the door. Jimin would be there any minute.

He had lit many scented candles, all with Jimin's favorite fragrance: strawberries and cream. He had scattered rose petals around the floor and he had made dinner for both of them. He had ordered a chocolate and red velvet cake and had pilled up all of his pillows and cushions in a corner for them to lay down after dinner.

Yoongi wanted everything to be special. 

It was right in that moment when the doorbell rang. Jimin spoke on the intercom: "it's me hyung, open up." The older jumped out of his chair to go and let Jimin in.

"Hi.." Yoongi said.

"Hi.." Jimin answered.

He took Jimin's cane and put it away. Then, he grabbed his hand and told him to take off his shoes. Jimin did and he was left in his socks but Yoongi wanted him to be really surprised so he kneeled down.

When Jimin felt Yoongi was about to kneel, he covered his face and inhaled sharply in absolute shock. Yoongi stopped in his tracks and asked him what was wrong. The other boy only managed to shake his head and press his lips to avoid releasing any weird sounds; next thing he knew, Yoongi's cold hands were lifting his right foot and removing his sock.

He did the same with the other foot and finally stood up. "I guess he isn't proposing" Jimin thought for a moment and he felt ridiculous for suspecting it.

Yoongi guided Jimin a few steps in so, he could close the apartment's door and then he told the boy to follow the path.

Jimin was confused for a moment but the food smell and the candle's fragrance were calling him to go further inside. He began walking with his extended hands and barely three steps in later, he felt the velvety texture under his feet.

"Wha-what's this?" the boy asked nervously.

Yoongi didn't say a thing and observed him intently. Jimin kept going forward and each step had him grinning even wider. By that time, he was sure that those were rose petals he was stepping on.

The boy almost tripped over the table when his toe found it at the end of the path. He winced and let out a small "ouch!" before getting into a giggling fit. 

"I'm sorry! Oh god, I'm so sorry Jiminie!" The writer hurried up to help him sit down.

"It's okay hyung.." Jimin assured him.

Both of them remained in silence until Jimin spoke up.

"This is so nice of you" he said.

"I wanted to surprise you, for the record, this is so unlike me" Yoongi laughed out of shyness.

"I can only imagine" Jimin joked.

"Uhh.. I made some pasta and salad for dinner, I hope it isn't too bad and, since I really at desserts, the local bakery took care of it" he scratched the back of his head while speaking.

"I'm sure its good hyung, I can't wait to taste it" and there it was. That gorgeous hundred and twenty kilowatts smile that Yoongi fell in love with.

They ate while chatting about their day and whatnot but there was a moment when Jimin only listened quietly as Yoongi talked about his family, about how much he missed them and about how much he adored his little sister.

The writer's voice was incredibly soothing for Jimin. His stories were lovely and he had indeed fallen asleep a couple of times while speaking to him on the phone. No regrets. Those were some of the most quiet nights he had spent in his whole life.

Once they were done eating, Yoongi guided Jimin to their pillow and cushions paradise. He sat first and pulled the other boy down timidly.

Jimin wouldn't stop blushing when he noticed he was almost sitting on Yoongi's lap. The writer surrounded Jimin's waist with his arms and placed something in his hands.

He was being bolder than expected and Jimin felt endeared. Yoongi's chest was pressed against his back and the boy could feel his warm breath puffing close to his neck.

"This is one of my books" Yoongi spoke. "I want to read it to you"

Jimin's heart skipped a beat. "He wants to read something... To me? Oh lord, this is going to be interesting"

The boy felt the surfice of said book but it seemed like it wasn't an official copy, the cover was made of thin paperboard so, he asked. "Is it already out or.. How do you call it?"

"...A work in progress, yeah" Yoongi confirmed his suspicion. 

It also startled Jimin a little "Am I.."

"Yes, You'll be able to hear the final version first" 

"Oh.. Wow" 

"It's okay, I'm glad I can finally read it to you... It's called 'Listen to My Heart' by Min Yoongi, obviously..." said the older while opening it.

"Really? What a nice title" Jimin had his eyes closed now. "How long did it take for you to write it?" He asked in a hushed voice.

"About a month..."

"Oh, that's quick"

"Uhm... It hadn't happened in a long time" Yoongi was looking at him with tenderness. Even though he was only able to see his right side, he could appreciate his beautiful lashes that curved upwards and his plush lips which were slightly parted as he paid attention. "It's going to have illustrations too" he added.

Jimin's brows shot up high in wonder. Then, his shoulders sank in disappointment. "Too bad I won't be able to witness it, huh?" He tried to sound amused by his bad joke but it was obvious he was sad.

Yoongi shook his head and held his right hand while cooing at it. "This hands that have served you so much until now, they will be able to witness it" he went ahead and placed it on top of the page.

The boy jolted and gasped loudly when he sensed it. The volume of the paper was the same as in his precious paper heart when he examinated it.

He glided his hand across the page, went from top to bottom taking everything in. The texture of the pages was like silk but it was as thick as card stock. He could perceive all the dents and bumps on it, until he figured out what it was that he was feeling.

It was an embossed illustration of a heart surrounded by what seemed like music notes.

Soon, there were tears running down his pinky cheeks and he started sniffing.

"Will you still... read it to me?" Jimin asked with a knot in his throat.

"If you want me to... I can" Yoongi answered. He was so relieved that he hadn't messed up. Seeing Jimin like that, he only hoped for the best once he started actually reading it.

"You made this, for me... You wrote a book, for me" Jimin appeared to be pretty much overwhelmed by the fact that Yoongi had written a book for him. He could even distinguish his name at the bottom of the page. It seemed like it was a dedicatory, he read it: 

,6,p>k ,jim91 :o br"| me back 6life

"To Park Jimin, who brought me back to life"

 

Jimin wasn't able to hold it in much longer.

He turned around and kissed Yoongi directly on his lips. It was a slow kiss but so full of want and need; that they gave in to their instincts and laid down on the pile of cushions and kept kissing, taking in each other's scents, tastes and warmth. Jimin swore he was in heaven being embraced by Yoongi like that. He couldn't tell his hands to stop; they were all over Yoongi's body, hungry to touch, to feel more.

When they broke the kiss, Yoongi was the one to speak:

"Damn it.. Oh my.." his breathing was erratic and his chest went up and down trying to take in some air.

"Yeah..." Was the only thing Jimin said before he started giggling. Soon it became loud laughter comin out of their mouths and when they less expected it, they were both rolling on the floor and still hugging onto each other.

"Thank you Min Yoongi.."

"...I love you Jiminie"

"What??!"

"What?"

"What did you say??!"

"Uh, nothing"

"You can't say that when today's only our first official day, hyung!!"

"Why are you whinning?!" 

 

The night advanced and both enjoyed each other's presence, to the point of screaming in happiness once the second bottle of wine ran out. Eventually, they fell asleep on the same pile of cushions that had been witness of their first kiss. And confession, respectively.

 

***

It was December again.

Min Yoongi, the famous successful writer, was back at the sea but this time he wasn't alone. His husband Park Jimin was with him, anxious to greet the family.

"I'm back Hyewonie, guess who's with me?"

"Hi, my lovely sister in law" Jimin crouched and traced the cross to place a really pretty and unique sea shell he had been saving for that special day. "I brought you this, it has many cute peaks and hyung says it's peachy pink, your favorite color so.. I hope you like it" 

"Today marks the anniversary of the day we met" Yoongi crouched as well and spoke again. "I believe now that it was you who set me up with this guy.. You were always like that" 

Jimin chuckled at that. "I've been taking care of him Hyewon-ah, he's quit smoking and exercises everyday with me" he said. 

"I'm buying a house little brat. We want to adopt.." the writer stopped mid way because Jimin interrupted in a whine "I wanted to tell her that hyung~"

"Ah, sorry, next time baby"

"No singing or cuddling for you today!" Jimin said and stuck out his tongue, before standing up and walking down the hill towards the shore.

"Be careful, doll!" Yoongi called for his husband to watch out where he stepped on.

"He's not really upset Hyewonie, I think he wanted us to have some privacy, don't worry... Uhmm, the book was a sucess, It sold out quickly. Namjoon, you know, my editor in chief, he said that the president wanted me to renew my contract..." Yoongi paused for a moment and hummed.

"Remember that kid Jungkook?" He continued "Yeah, well, turns out he's Taehyung's boyfriend; Jiminie's best friend. I saw them together at the wedding and I almost beat his ! Brat.. He knew why I wanted to learn Braille!" Yoongi began smiling before he kept going. 

"I still miss you; Hyewon, I miss dad and mom too but, my life is much brighter now. I think it is because the sun shines for me every day, he lives with me. I look at him in the morning when I wake up and it's always a pleasure to kiss him good night too. I said it before but, I really believe you send him to me... Thank you, for sending me someone who really listens to me"

Yoongi got up and kissed the top of the cross to say good bye to his sister, until next year. He walked down the hill and right in front of him, a few meters away, he saw Jimin sitting on the same old rock, cuddling a stray cat.

As he approached, a nice familiar melody began to fill in his ears. Jimin was humming that song (Yoongi had learned later on that it was an original of his) and he re-lived the day he had found his reason to stay alive. The day he found his love.

"Hey!" Yoongi yelled.

Jimin straightened up when he heard his voice. "Hey" he answered in the direction he heard it.

"Do you know the book 'Listen to my Heart'?"

Yoongi's cute husband giggled while getting off the rock. "Yeah? What about it?"

"I wrote it" the author said.

"You must be swimming in money, huh? Both versions are selling well" Jimin teased.

 

Yoongi remained quiet for a moment. He took in the scenery, the sound of the waves crashing against the rocks, the angelic vision his husband was and then, he answered:

"More importantly, I'm happy with you"

 

THE END 📖❤🎵


 

Omg, I swear fam.. I cried while writing this. It's my first oneshot and it's not even that long but I started it back in December and I'm finally posting it today!

Tomorrow is one month less for my fiance and I to reach 6 years, yes, 6 years of being together. I felt supper emotional today and had to take advantage of that.

Thank you to everyone who shares, upvotes, and comments under this post.

I love you, my loyal subs ❤ I hope this helps until the next chapter of Love Shouldn't be a Secret :3 

Happy Valentine's day in advance~