Short Drabble

Grief
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hakyeon hyung, you’re back at the dorm, right? Together with Wonsik?” Taekwoon asked over the phone.

“Yeah, why?” Hakyeon asked.

“Hyuk, Jaehwan, Hongbin and I are heading back now. We should gather together. It’s been a long time…isn’t it?” Taekwoon asked softly as he looked out of the window in the van.

“Okay. See you guys later.” Hakyeon said softly as he hangs up the phone.

At the dorm

“We’re back. We’ve got some beer too.” Taekwoon announced as he entered the dorm.

“Did you guys come back from sunbae-nim’s funeral?” Hakyeon asked as he went to the kitchen with Wonsik.

All of them nodded their heads as they each took a seat and gathered around the dining table.

Silence engulfed the room as all of them did not say anything. They are all still overwhelmed by the news they heard earlier.

Soon after that, Hyuk eventually broke the silence.

“Why…do you think sunbae…made the decision to do this?” Hyuk whispered, not looking up at the members.

For a while, no one spoke as everyone seemed to be deep in thought.

“It must be hard…for him to take this drastic measure…isn’t it…” Jaehwan replied.

“It was really hard for me honestly…at the start when we first debuted. Being given the heavy title of having to be the leader…all the negative comments…the hardship of training and many other things that happened…when I think about it…it’s not hard for me to understand why sunbae did what he did.” Hakyeon said as he fiddled with the can of beer in front of him.

Tears could be seen glistening at everyone’s eyes.

“Often, I also wondered, did I really make the right decision to become a singer…not having the freedom to do anything I want, the high expectations of others…always feeling alone…I guess at some point…I’m pretty sure everyone feels the same way.” Jaehwan said softly in agreement to what the leader said.

“Everyone has their own hard times, times where things become hard…I don’t think anyone has the right answer as to why sunbae made the decision he did. Definitely, I feel that on the surface the turmoil he faces and other factors in his life, unknown to the world must have played a factor to bring him to his breaking point…” Taekwoon eventually answered.

“Hyung…after seeing everything that happened, honestly…I can’t imagine the amount of pain s must be going through right now… Although

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter