All Alone // 5

the angel initiative
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: this fiction is going to be long so i'm going to add thrist trap chapter titles

FIVE

Via watched Jungkook pull a clean black hoodie over his head and cover up his bare abdomen.

“What are you doing here again?” He asked, scooping up the towel that he had dropped from his shower and began to dry his hair. Jungkook hadn’t decided whether he wanted to return to the ANGL program, but he needed a place to stay and after Via had told Janson about the state of his apartment his former handler had all but shoved him into this spare room.

Via had followed a few minutes later, toting a laptop and quietly taken up shop.

“You’re the only person here that I know,” Via shrugged, leaning back on his bed’s headboard and reopened her laptop. She didn’t want to say it, but after meeting Jungkook, her small whitewashed room had no appeal to her.

She inserted her headphones and pressed play on the online lesson.

“What are you doing?” Jungkook asks, moving to his bedside to catch a glimpse of her screen.

“Learning Mandarin Chinese,” Via says.

“Really? Online?” Jungkook says, “are you good at languages?”

Via shrugs again. “I haven’t forgotten a single thing that has happened to me since I woke up, they say it has something to do with my IQ. Near photographic memory.”

His brows rose. “What other languages do you speak?”

“English, Japanese, Spanish, Korean,” Via says, “but Mandarin is quite difficult, mostly the characters.”

“Korean?” Jungkook asks, switching languages.

“Took me a few months to get the accent,” Via responds smoothly. His eyes widened. How did she speak it so easily, she sounded like she had been born and raised in Korea.

“What language did you speak when they, uh, found you?” He asks.

“Spanish,” she responded, “confused everyone since I don’t look a Spanish speaker.”

Jungkook nodded slowly, watching as her fingers flew over her keyboard.

“What do you know about yourself?” Jungkook asks suddenly and Via turns to him, raising an eyebrow.

“You’re not very subtle, are you?” She asks.

This time, Jungkook shrugs. “Might as well as, we’re going to be partners anyways.”

“You’ve agreed to be recommissioned?” Via takes her headphones out and slides the laptop off her lap.

“I’ve agreed to train with you to test our compatibility,” Jungkook corrects.

Via tilts her head. “They say that I’m around twenty-three. According to my DNA results, I’m estimated to be approximately 36% Native American, 48% east Asian with smaller percentages of central European ethnicities.” She recites from her file. 

“I’m- sure you are,” Jungkook says after a moment. It never occurred to him that, she knew nothing about herself other than what ANGL told her. “Do you like music?” He asks after a moment.

She turns to him and for the first time he spots the tiniest lift of the corner of . A smile.

“I do,” Via says, “do you?”

“I love music,” he responds. She turns back to her open laptop and the conversation silently ends.

“I’m going out to talk to Janson,” Jungkook said, leaving the sad remnants of their conversation to die. He’d almost managed to get a flicker that time.

“Enjoy,” Via said, moving the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter