Episode 4

M.A.D.E

*knock knock*

It was past midnight when someone knocked on Listel's bedroom door. She was still up writing in her journal. 

'come in' she called out and Yoongi opened the door. 

'I saw your light was still on. Got a minute? ' he stood politely by the door waiting for her to allow him to enter. 

'sure, go ahead' Yoongi walked in closing the door behind him before taking a seat on the edge of the bed in front of Listel since there was no other chairs in the room. 

'I wanted to talk to you about tonight' 

'oh, listen, I'm so sorry about that. I didn't mean to make them uncomfortable or start any rumors. ' Listel started apologizing, yoongi was confused for a second until he realized she was talking about Taekook. 

'no that's not what I wanted to talk about. ' he cut her off.

'it's not?'

'you don't know us, do you? I mean BTS' Yoongi nodded when she gave an apologetic smile before adding 'it's ok. Since you don't know us, you don't know what kind of people we are. You might think that we're objectifying women by participating in such a show, or that we're just trying to make people laugh by embarrassing you.'

'well, I did used to watch MADE back in its first seasons and I can't say I agree with its message. I'm only doing this because my friend went to huge lengths for it and she apparently loves you guys so much'

'thank you for being honest and that's why I'm here on behalf of the other members and I'm gonna be honest too. The conditions we had with MTV to host this season is to have full control over the missions, they are not allowed to go through with a mission unless our company agrees with it, so I promise you nothing over the top will take place. We're trying to run this show as part of our UNICEF project of ending violence and loving oneself. People who'll watch this show to see you learn about love, we want them to learn and you as well how loving oneself is the most important love. Our goal is not for you to end this month with a boyfriend, now that we know a little more about you, we want you to love yourself more and to learn how it feels to have a family that loves you and what a family should be like. Now if you don't agree to this, and if you perhaps want to stop this and leave, I and the other members will personally talk to the MTV staff and fix everything. '

As Yoongi spoke, Listel watched his hands move and heard his lazy low voice form each word carefully while looking at her. 

'thank you, but as I said, I'm doing this for my friend and if I quit now she'll kill me. I... I appreciate your concern, you don't have to worry about me I can handle it. You guys are either really good guys or just so damn well at keeping your image 24/7'

'I'd like to think of us as good guys' Yoongi laughs lightly before straightening his back and looking at the clock on Listel's desk confirming it was past 1am, which meant the cameras were off. 

'so for tomorrow, we're going for a picnic and we'll be asking you to wear the outfit you chose and get phone numbers from total strangers. Are you OK with that? ' 

'sure, as I said, I have no problem talking to strangers. I approach strangers while traveling all the time' Listel clarified as yoongi nodded. 

'yeah, that's the thing. I need to ask you for a favor. Can you make it look like it's not easy?' yoongi asked watching her face attentively for any negative reaction. 

'you want me to pretend to have difficulties talking to strangers? ' Listel asks cautiously. 

'as I said we're also trying to help people watching the show. Most of them are girls who thinks it's the end of the world to approach a guy and flirt. What you did tonight was amazing and smart but I'm afraid it'll make those girls feel horrible about themselves. Instead of giving them courage it'll make them feel like there's something wrong with them.' Yoongi explaining growing nervous when Listel sat in silence for a long time. 

'did the director ask you to tell me this? '

'what? No! No one asked me. Not even the other members knows. I want it to be our secret. Can you do that? '

Listel said nothing as she looked Yoongi up and down, thinking hard about his request before taking a deep breath and nodding. 

'Sure, I'll do it.'

The next morning came and as Yoongi told Listel, the staff informed her to wear the outfit she chose and get ready for a picnic. 

She was glad to chose that warm outfit for the air was so cold in spite of the sun blazing in the sky. 

She worried the cold weather will stop people from going out and they'll end up doing a picnic in an empty park, but surprisingly nothing like a mere cold would stop people from enjoying a sunny winter weekend day. 

The staff was setting off the equipments while some of the members helped the company staff set off the picnic table and food. 

Listel stood away not wanting to come in the way. 

'hi! ' V screamed out jumping from behind her causing her to jump in her skin. 

'you scared me' she told him steadying her breathing with her hand on her heart as V chuckled to himself.

'you look nice, but why didn't you chose my outfit, it's the most expensive ' Listel looked at his puppy eyes felt genuinely guilty for not choosing it. 

'I'm sorry, they were all so pretty and I just chose randomly. I promise to wear yours next.' 

'you Also promised to tell me about Stockholm yesterday but you went off to play with Jin. I'm starting to believe you don't keep your promises' V said with a pout looking away from her and Listel could swear she's never felt this guilty before in her entire life. 

'please don't hate me, I promise today when we end the shooting and go back to the dorm we're gonna sit down, just the two of us and I'm gonna tell you everything you want to hear. Heck I'll do it wearing your outfit. How about that? ' 

Listel let out a huge sigh of relief when V looked back at her smiling and nodding before running off to help the other members. 

Right before the director pointed everyone to gather up to start shooting, she mentally prepared herself for the task ahead of her. 

'are you ready Listel? Today's the day! ' RM yelled out after the staff explained the mission. 

Listel did her best to look nervous by taking a deep breath and laughing nervously before looking around and pointing out to a guy who was sitting alone reading a book on a bench. 

'alright, time to pursue those digits' she said before walking straight to the guy. 

Halfway there, she stood in her place wondering if she's making it look so easy. So she made a U turn and headed back to the group shaking her head. 

'I can't... I just can't... I'm too nervous ' she said once she stood among them. 

'don't worry Listel, we're here for you' Jin encouraged her pumping his fist in the air. 

'what if he has a girlfriend, what if he ignores me? I can't do it' She was planning to resist more until Yoongi walked up to her, placed a firm hand on her shoulder and said while lightly squeezing it. 

'take a deep breath, he's just a guy. He'll probably be the nervous one seeing a pretty girl approach him and ask for his number. You'll probably make his day. Just believe in yourself'

Listel, understanding that to be his way to tell her she was doing a good job faking her nervousness, nods and walks back to the guy. 

'hi, can I sit here? ' she asked once standing beside the bench knowing the crew could hear their conversation through her hidden mic. 

The guy smiles at her and nods. 

'what are you reading? ' she tried her best to sound nervous. 

'the stand' the guys answered not taking his eyes from the book now. And Listel knew it was his way of saying if you don't know it don't engage in further conversation with me. Luckily for Listel, she did know the book. 

'Stephen King! I love his books! Weird choice of books for such a beautiful day though' the guy only nodded still not taking his eyes from the book. Listel knew all she had to do was start a conversation about the events of the book itself to get his attention but decided against it, her objective still to do as Yoongi asked from her and not make it look easy. So she stood up and walked back to the group who clapped for her as soon as she reached them. 

'I didn't get it why are you clapping ' 

'you tried your best, that's the important part. Third time's a charm! ' yoongi said earning a shove from Jin

'what are you talking about it's the second time now' the group joined in teasing him.

On the second try BTS chose a guy playing fetch with his dog. Listel once again did a U turn halfway there before continuing her walk to the guy without going back to the group. 

The guy was nice, letting Listel touch the dog and throw the stick. But upon seeing how friendly the dog was, Listel got so much into playing with the dog that she spent minutes doing so until the guy let her know he had to go. 

'what happened? ' JHope asked when she walked back to them laughing so hard. 

'I forgot!! ' she laughed out wiping tears from her eyes. 

'you forgot?! ' they exclaimed. 

'the dog was so cute I totally forgot what I'm doing! ' the group joined in the laughter losing track of time talking about dogs and how cute their own pets are. 

The blabbering would've never stopped if not for the director getting their attention indicating how it's been hours and Listel didn't succeed in her mission yet. 

'how about this time you approach someone who's your type' RM said and Listel looked around the park studying the different types of people. Up to this point, she was doing what Yoongi told her, her mission was not to get a number, but to make people watching the show realize they have no reason to feel bad about themselves. 

And, with that thought in mind, she walked directly to a girl playing a guitar with the suitcase open for coins. She stood with the small crowd watching the girl doing her thing with her eyes on the ground, big framed glasses and hair lowered over her forehead hiding half her face. The girl seemed to be not older than nineteen.

Upon finishing her show, the crowd dispersed and she placed the guitar in the empty suitcase.

'hi there' Listel walked up to her smiling. The girl acknowledged her presence by a brief answer. 

'are you thirsty? Or hungry? We're having a picnic I can get you something from our table' 

The girl looked at the crowd Listel was pointing at. Luckily, the group was so far the girl couldn't make out their faces. 

'you guys are filming something? Are you an actress? '

'why? Do I look like one? ' Listel joked striking a pose and pushing her hair back in a sassy way making the girl giggle. 

'no, we're just students. Working on a lame school project. So what about my offer? ' Listel watched the girl carefully eyeing the picnic table from a far. 

'no.. I'm... I'm good.thanks anyway' the girl thanked her shouldering the guitar case. 

'you asked if I was an actress, why is that? Is it because I look good? ' Listel said stopping the girl from walking away from her. 

'duh' the girl answered right away. 

'thank you, but I think you're much prettier'

'heh, yeah right' the girl said sarcastically fidgeting with her guitar case and Listel just laughed at the hint of a blush on the girl's cheeks. 

'listen this isn't what I wanted to talk about. I liked your guitar skill, do you mind giving me your number, we'll need someone to help us with the music for our project'

'em, me? But I'm not that good' the girl smiled shyly. 

'don't worry' Listel reassured her and the girl giggled shyly before taking the pen and small notebook from her and writing down her number and name. 

'thank you Ally, I'm Listel. You sure you don't want anything to drink? ' Listel said offering her hand to Ally. Ally thanked her and shook her hand before walking away taking glances back at Listel and laughing to herself. 

Listel walked back to a silent crowd exchanging looks among themselves. 

'did you get it? ' JHope broke the silence and Listel waved the note proudly. 

'see! I told you third time's a charm! ' Suga walked up pointing to himself taking the note and reading what's writing on it, confirming Listel succeeding the mission before telling everyone to move to the table to eat since he's already starving.