JohnTen: Two

NCT High

Ten was trying his absolute best to avoid Johnny everywhere he went. Ever since the little incident at the ice cream place he's been feeling weird. Every single time he saw Johnny there were feelings involved. He wasn't ready for whatever that was, so he just ran every single time Johnny got near. 

Which only made Johnny more nervous and weirded out. Johnny was constantly breaking his head over why Ten ran the complete other way whenever he got near. He didn't think the thing that had happened was that weird after all. Even when Johnny went for a run early in the morning, Ten would go around the entire house to go inside, just so he wouldn't have to meet Johnny. He now had totally enough of that behavior. They'd been friends for so long. 

"What the hell is up with you?" Johnny asked Ten after he had cornered him in the hallway. There was absolutely no way Ten could escape now. It fels to narrow in here and it didn't help that Johnny looked so big and buff. 

"Nothing..." Ten tried while looking for any way out he could find. 

"This is not nothing, Ten... You run the complete other way whenever you see me, you're not answering my calls and we haven't talked in over a week. This is not like you", Johnny accused Ten. 

This made Ten feel really bad after all. His confused feelings were ruining their friendship that had existed for so long already. And Johnny looked so hurt while he was talking, like he didn't mean for any of this to happen. Ten bowed his head a little. 

"I'm sorry. I've just been feeling a bit weird since that day... It's strange, okay? But I swear I won't act like that again", he always gave into Johnny in the end. That was how their friendship worked. And why? Because Johnny is the kind of guy that wouldn't even hurt a single fly. And Ten admired that so much. 

"I do hope so. I did miss talking to you all week. I mean, we used to talk so much and then nothing..." Johnny seemed lost while he talked. He looked the way he felt. It was weird to be admitting these kind of things to another person. 

"I'm not going anywhere," Ten smiled his crooked smile at Johnny and the boy started smiling again too. It was honestly cute. 

"So... No practice tonight.. Wanna catch a movie at my place?" Johnny tried desperately to get their relationship back to the place it was. Ten nodded.

"I'll bring the food, you pick the movie!" Ten said as they started walking towards the hallway again. It felt right again to be like this. Now he was hoping he wouldn't it up again. Johnny was not the person who would ever feel the same, but would try to be polite and gentle about it all. That would hurt Ten even more. Because that would just be weird and their friendship would be over. Meanwhile their friendship had been the only real thing in his life, ever. 

"How are the Mean Girls doing?" Johnny inquired. 

"We're doing well. The new recruits seem like legit good people to have in there. This guy, Haechan, seems like he could even take over when I'm gone",  Ten smiled a little. That guy was something different. 

"I think he's kind of close with our Mark?" Johnny said. He remembered Mark carrying him off the field after a football had hit him pretty hard. It was weird, but nice to see Mark having those interactions with someone. 

"Yeah, I've heard those things too after they went to the infirmary together. It was kind of nice", Ten smiled again. Sometimes the people in his group felt like they were his children. Johnny thought the same thing about his team. They sometimes needed be protected of themselves too. "How's the team doing?" 

"We have some people with so much talent. This Lucas guy really has what it takes, so does the Jeno guy. They seem like they could really help our team a lot. But they're still a little young and sometimes make very impulsive decisions. Which means I still need to teach them properly before I leave this place", Ten could see the expression on his face. This was Johnny's last year and it meant he head to leave soon. 

"You'll come visit us after you leave, right?" Ten joked. But he kind of meant it. He wanted to keep seeing Johnny even though he would be far away at a good college where he could play football to his heart's content. That was his plan anyway. 

"Of course. I don't know when I'll have time, but it will work out", Johnny winked at Ten. "Now let's get to class. See you after school." He waved and then disappeared into another corridor. 

Ten was conflicted again. For some reason Johnny made him feel things he should never feel for a friend, without even trying. It's like he doesn't even notice the effect he has on people. It's not just Ten. There are lots of people at this school who would want to get a few minutes alone with Johnny somewhere. And it just doesn't even help that he is so nice. People like him even more because he is so damn likeable. He is the perfect son in law. 

Johnny was happy while walking to class. Finally things had been resolved and they were being normal again towards each other. He was also happy to conceal any kind of feeling he had. Ten always made him a little bit more reckless in expressing his emotions. Whenever they were together it felt like they didn't have a single care in the world and he just let go of all the worries. Of all the judging that always went on. Ten was the only person who could make him forget all of his responsibilities. Because those were getting the better of him. 

Tonight would be a night to just relax and not think of the team or having to find a good college that would take him. The next games would have scouts everywhere. He needed to do good to attract scouts and get a scholarship  to the school of his dreams. No pressure there... That's why he needed Ten desperately now, to get his mind off of that. Just switch to a better mindset. 

The day ended slower than Ten would've liked. Johnny was already waiting outside, sitting on the hood of his car. He looked even taller like that. Ten felt very conscious about his height now. He knew he wasn't the tallest kid in school at all, but next to Johnny he felt small and protected for some reason. He did realize how weird it would look to the outside world to see them together. A very tall and masculine boy walking next to a feminine short guy. Because Ten was also very skinny, he got mistaken for a girl a few times. It wasn't nice when that happened, but luckily it hadn't happened a lot of times. 

"Finally", Johnny joked while getting into the car. Ten hadn't been that late... He just had some things to handle with their teacher. He was failing a class, hard, and needed some extra credit to make up for it. But like hell he would ever admit this to Johnny. Johnny thought he was so smart and always asked for his advice. 

"Look, I rushed over here already", Ten rolled his eyes while getting in the car. It was still very hot outside this time of year. It was nice, but sometimes it just stuck to your skin. 

"I know, relax", Johnny started the engine and laughed a little. He thought that Ten's dramatic reactions were amazing. He always tried everything to get them out. It always paid off since Ten was so sensitive. 

"You were complaining, not me", Ten rolled his eyes again.

"Roll them even more and they'll roll out of your head", Johnny remarked while getting off the parking lot. Ten looked offended again and even slapped his arm. 

"You're being rude today, it doesn't suit you at all", Ten laughed. 

"It did get you smiling", Johnny said while smirking at his accomplished mission. It was funny to see the two of them together, he realized. 

"Dork", Ten insulted him while looking out of the open window. The wind was in his hair as they rode home. Once they got there he would get the snacks and Johnny would set up a movie of his choice. That's how things went. That was the way they did things. Sometimes they switched houses and roles, but this worked best. 

"Does this count as netflix and chill?" Johnny asked when Ten walked into his bedroom with snacks. Ten dropped everything on his bed and looked at him, shocked. 

"What?" Did he really just go there? 

Johnny was baffled by his own choice of words too. Why did he have to mention that? He didn't want to make things as awkward as they had been the entire week all because he didn't let go of Ten immediately after catching him. Why? Why?

"I was joking, jeez, chill", Johnny laughed it off while starting the movie. "Did you get the things  I like?" He asked. 

"Of course I did..." Ten still felt a little weird after that remark, but decided to just ignore all of it. It would just make things weirder between them and he didn't want that. 

During the movie they laughed a lot because it was a comedy. It felt like things had finally gotten to normal again between them and then Ten fell asleep on Johnny's shoulder. Johnny tried his best not to move an inch because he was so cute when he slept. He was also clinging to Johnny's arm like his life depended on it all. It felt so right, but he knew it was wrong. Johnny kissed Ten's forehead while he let the boy sleep like that. His heart had never felt so troubled, but so at ease at the same time as now. And he didn't know what to do with it.