Final.

Sing For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Winter is Wendy's favorite season. It's the closest thing to feel at home. The coldness that's hugging her. She misses Canada and her parents.


Stepping inside the house, she scans the surroundings and sees no one. Walking inside, she hears a faint sniff. She sees her bear roommate crying her eyes out while looking at the television. 


"Kang Seulgi, wipe your tears. You look like you got dumped," Wendy is handling her a tissue and sits at the sofa.


"She looks like but she's still watching that drama," a black-haired girl is standing by the purple door, looking at them from upstairs.


Wendy smiles, looking at the girl.


"Why don't you join her unnie?"


"No thanks Wendy. I will use my free time to do laundry than to watch that tragic drama," the older girl says while walking to the kitchen.


She's back with a mug on her hands, sipping through it. She smiles and Wendy swears she looks expensive.


"You want some hot choco, Wendy?"


"I'm okay unnie. Thanks."


Wendy smiles but her insides are going haywire. She can't remember when or where it started.  Where Irene smiles are blinding her. Where her presence makes Wendy calm. Where the sounds of Irene's laughter turns out to be her favorite melody. 


Where Wendy is seeing herself falling for Irene Bae.


--------------------


Saturday night means movie night for the five girls who are living together.


"What should we watch?" Joy, the second to the youngest asks while browsing on the Internet.


"Let's watch 'The Notebook'," Wendy suggests.


"No unnie. We don't want to cry."


"Before the sunrise?" Irene asks, placing herself beside Wendy.


"Unnies, it's our movie night plus we're celebrating. 'Hell week' is done for Yeri and I so please stop suggesting 'Crying your hearts out movies.' Or is it better if you two should watch them together," Joy suggests, smiling like Satan.


"Just put whatever you want guys," Seulgi says, munching and hugging her Pringles.


Yeri turns off the lights and puts the flash drive on the TV.


Irene looks at Yeri. She feels that there is something off about it. 


"What are we going to watch?"


Irene hugs Wendy to calm her nerves.  Yeri is the maknae but the most evil in the group.


"We're going to watch IT," Yeri smiles widely.


"A cooking show?" Seulgi questions. 


"No Seul. It's about a serial killer clown," Wendy explains and she feels that Irene is tightening her hold.


"Irene unnie, it's not scary. I swear," Joy says, smiling.  


"Yes unnie, it's not," Yeri agrees with the statement.


"Don't worry unnie, I'm here," Wendy whispers.


--------------------


When Pennywise runs to chase the old woman, Irene literally screams her heart out.


The evil duo laughs at their unnie's misfortune.


"I don't want to watch it anymore," Irene closes her eyes.


Wendy holds Irene and guids her to stand but Irene still doesn't open her eyes.


"I'm gonna bring unnie to her room. Keep watching," Wendy says. 


"Sorry Irene unnie," the evil duo says.


"It's okay kids. Just next time, please. Please let me know if you want to watch some horror movies so I can mentally prepare myself."


Irene is walking upstairs but is still holding Wendy's right hand.


The two dissapears at the trio's sight.


"When will Wendy unnie confess her feelings?"
Joy looks at the stairs.


"When will Irene unnie notice Wendy unnie's feelings?" Yeri sighs. 


"When will Cupid knock both of them to realize that they love each other?" Seulgi mutters while munching her Pringles.


--------------------

Wendy tucks Irene on her bed, fixing the sheets and pats Irene's head.


"Good night unnie. "


Wendy walks to the door but she hears a small voice calling her.


"Wendy."


Irene looks at Wendy. She looks so troubled, hands clutching the sheets.


"Yes unnie?"


"Can you stay? Stay with me tonight. I'm sorry for asking you, Wendy," Irene dips her head lower in the sheets.


Wendy knows it's dangerous. Every moment she spends with Irene, she knows she will drown herself but she chooses to stay.


She smiles and walks closely to the bed. She positions herself beside Irene but keeps a decent amount of distance.


Irene frowns, looking at the position.


"Wendy-ah, come closer. Let me put my blanket on you."


Wendy complies. She moves forward and lies sideward.


Irene hugs and sniffs through her neck.


"You're so soft and you smell so nice."


"Unnie, it's your Downy."


"No, you really really smell nice, Wan." Irene lets her head stay on Wendy's neck.


Wendy hopes Irene doesn't notice how her heart beats so fast. Taking a big breathe, she closes her eyes and speaks. 


"Can't sleep unnie?"


Irene nods.


"Want me to sing for you?"


Irene nods happily.


She Irene's hair while singing.

 

I don't know why my heart is fluttering
It's my first time I spent a black night white 
We walk holding hands under the starry night 

 

Irene looks at Wendy. She grins and keeps a close distance until she can't fight the sleepiness.

 

Tonight I realize how much I really love you
For the first time

 

Wendy looks at Irene lovingly. The latter is sleeping peacefully. She her cheeks, touches her lips and a tear rolls down on her face.


"I don't think anyone can be as lovely as you."

<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter