I'm Not Moving

I'm Not Moving

 

 

There are no holes in her shoes, but a big hole in her world.

 

~

 

Since I was a kid, I never liked someone else. I only liked my one and only Oppa, Donghae.

 

As best friends, we never leave each other. We are always there for each other no matter what. He always ask me who I like. My reply would be, “I never looked at the guys around me.” But he would still insist that I like somebody.

 

“Fany Ah, I know you like somebody. Tell Oppa, Please? I always keep your secrets, right? And besides, you know the person I like so you should tell yours too. Many guys in the campus are always around you.”Whenever he says those words, my heart beats really fast. I don’t want to tell that it’s him. He will probably reject me and tell me that he likes someone else.

 

~

 

I rejected so many guys in my life, including Siwon, the ultimate heartthrob. Whenever Siwon comes to me and tries to talk to me, Donghae Oppa runs to me and tells Siwon to stop courting me because I don’t like him. Whenever he says those words to Siwon, I feel that he likes me too but my delusional mind is only playing with me.

 

One time, Siwon pushed me in the wall and he tried to kiss me but a punch stopped him, Donghae Oppa’s punch. He was with Jessica at that time.

 

I was happy seeing him but I also felt a pain from my heart when I saw Jessica. I never knew that they we’re together already. Oppa never told me.

 

I ran away when he punched Siwon. I ran as fast as I could. Donghae Oppa chased me. When Siwon and Jessica we’re out of sight, Oppa grabbed my wrist which caused me to stop running.

 

“Oppa, It hurts. Let me go.”That’s all I could say now. Because it really hurts, not just outside, but also inside.

 

“Fany Ah. Are you alright?” Tears were streaming down my cheeks. What should I say? Of course I should say I am. I faked a smile.

 

“Oppa, of course I’m alright. See, I’m smiling.”He pulled me for a hug.

 

Why is he doing this? He is only hurting me more. I hate that I love you Oppa.

 

“Tiffany, do you really think that Oppa is dumb not to know that you are pretending?”

 

I broke the hug and I think of an excuse to leave him.

 

“Oppa, I’m late for class. I need to go now. Thanks.”

 

Once again, I ran away from him but he didn’t chase me. I should expect the unexpected. I’m just a little sister to him.

 

~

The next day…

 

I wasn’t able to sleep well. I have decided that I will not go to school today. It’s just one day, just one day being away from him. And besides, I won’t go to school with puffy eyes. He’ll probably ask why my eyes are puffy.

 

He called me for almost 20 times but I never answered anything. I’m stopping myself. I should face the truth and find someone who loves me as much as I love Donghae Oppa.

 

After a few hours, I heard a very loud knock on the door. “Tiffany Hwang! Open the door! It’s Donghae Oppa! I need to talk to you!” I don’t know what to do. Should I open it? No, I shouldn’t. I called him instead. “Oppa, I can’t come down. I’m sick. I can’t stand. Maybe tomorrow when I’m fine already.” I dropped the call after saying those things. It just hurts me. He hurts me.

 

~

 

I didn’t go to school for a week. He calls me everyday but I always tell him that I need to rest. He always tells me that he will tell me something as soon as I go to school again. He said that it’s good news. I hope that it’ll be a good news for me too.

 

While walking to my locker, I saw him and Jessica at the corner. They were holding hands and he kissed her. My heart broke at the sight. I hid behind the lockers. Suddenly, tears are streaming down my face. I can’t control it anymore.

 

In these times, there’s only one person I should run too, my mother. I went to the cemetery before the class starts. I should tell it to my mom. I should tell her how it hurts. I should tell her that I don’t want to live in this cruel world anymore.

 

~

 

I avoided Donghae Oppa as much as I could. I made knew friends. They always accompany me. Sooyoung and Yuri told me to forget him and stick to someone else. Whenever Donghae Oppa comes to us, the girls automatically do an excuse to get away with him.

 

I’m starting to become numb, numb to happiness.

 

I cry every night. I cry and cry until I doze off.

 

Nothing changed since the past two months. Donghae is still with Jessica. I always see them walking hand in hand in the cafeteria. My friends see it too. They pity me so much. They hug me whenever I see them.

 

It hurts, it hurts so badly.

 

~

One time, Yuri and Sooyoung called Siwon and they asked him to sit beside me. Then suddenly, Donghae and Jessica passed our table. Donghae looked at us. I looked at him too but I quickly looked away. I can see that he is coming near us. Sooyoung and Yuri stood up and stopped Donghae. Even Jessica tried to stop him but he struggled from the three girls then he went to me and Siwon. He shouted to me like there is no tomorrow.

 

Tiffany! Do you know what you are doing? Are you out of your mind? You don’t like that B*st*rd! You are talking to him but you are not talking to me? I’m your best friend right? I am! Am I right?!”

 

He pulled my wrist and he dragged me to an empty classroom. The others didn’t bother to follow us anymore. He closed the door and went nearer me. I was stunned by his actions. He hugged me tightly.

 

“I miss you so much Tiffany. Why are you doing this to me? You didn’t even congratulate your best friend for getting the girl of his dreams.”

 

I quickly broke the hug. I smiled at him. I bowed and told these words.

 

“Oppa, I’m so sorry. I’m so sick at that time. But congratulations. You don’t know how happy I am.”

 

I’m hoping that he couldn’t see I’m hurt. He asked me something. He seems very serious.

 

“So, you like Siwon now? I don’t know that huh.”

 

I froze. I don’t know what to answer. But I managed to give him a quick answer.

 

“Oppa, I’m trying. I also want to be happy like you. Look, you reached your dream. But I’m here, still waiting when to get mine.”

 

I can see that his eyes are getting teary. Why? I’m just his best friend. Nothing more than that.

 

“Oppa, I just want to be happy. It seems that I’m numb to happiness and I want to find the person who can bring back the happy Tiffany, the brighter than gems Fany.”

 

I was about to walk away from him but he pulled me. He hugged me as tight as he could.

 

“Tiffany, just remember, Oppa is always here. I will never leave you. You’ll always be my baby girl.”

 

Tears streamed down my eyes. Why is he making it hard for me? Can’t he see that I like him? Is he really that stupid?

 

~

 

Months passed by. Siwon and I go to dates frequently. My friends are very happy for us but Donghae Oppa isn’t. He doesn’t talk to me that much anymore. We see each other once a week.

 

It’s the last week of classes and I’m dedicating all my time to my friends and Siwon. After the last day of school, I’ll be flying to Los Angeles. I’ll continue my studies there. My friends and Siwon Oppa were the only ones who knew this. They made sure they give me the best memories before I go back to my home in U.S.

 

~

Last day of school…

 

I was on my way to my locker when I saw Donghae Oppa and Jessica fight. I was with the girls at that time. They were also getting their things from their lockers.

 

After having a quarrel, Donghae Oppa saw me talking with the girls. He approached me. “Tiffany, we need to talk.” Then suddenly, Siwon went to us. He kissed my cheek and I can see that Donghae Oppa is glaring at him. “Oppa, I’m sorry. I, the girls and Siwon have an appointment to attend. See you soon Donghae Oppa. Take Care.” Those were the last words I said to him before I went to Los Angeles. My friends including Siwon accompanied me to the airport. They all hugged me tightly.

 

Sooyoung said crying, “Hey Fany Ah! You are the only person who made me cry. I will miss you. Let’s talk everyday Arasso?” I replied also crying, “I’m very touched Sooyoung Ah. I will miss you too. I hope when I come back, you’re still the Shikshin I knew.”

 

 Yuri hugged me very tightly. She was sobbing too hard. “Tiffany. I will miss you so much. I love you Tiffany. Don’t forget me Arasso?” Her tears are very contagious. I also cried hard. “Yuri ah. You know that I will miss you too. And I love you more. You don’t know how much you and Sooyoung mean to me. I will never forget you, I promise.”

 

Now, its Siwon’s turn. He hugged me tightly like he is never going to let me go. “My Tiffany, I know that you only have one person in your heart. I know that I’m just a friend to you. But I understand you. Just remember that I love you so much. You’ll always have a place here in my heart. You are always welcome to enter it, anytime.”

 

I can control my tears anymore. Siwon is making me sob harder. “Sorry Siwon. I’m very sorry if I wasn’t able to return the love you gave me. Thanks for being always there for me. I will miss you. You’ll always be one of the persons who mean so much to me.”

 

 I broke the hug and gave him a peck on the lips. I hugged the girls tighter once again. I will never forget these people who were always there to catch me when Donghae isn’t there.

 

~

9 years later…

 

I finally graduated in college. 24 years old, that isn’t old right? I want to work in Korea as a doctor. I will not work in states. I want to meet my friends.

 

Before I went to the airport for my flight, I called Yuri, Sooyoung and Siwon. I told them that I’m going back to Seoul. They also said that they’ll meet me there.

 

The airplane landed…

 

I was wearing a white dress with a small black ribbon in it. My hair is worn down and I have a pink luggage.

 

While I was on my way to the arrival area, I saw three familiar faces. It’s Sooyoung, Yuri and Siwon. They are looking around. I think they are looking for me. I rushed to them and when they noticed that I was going nearer them, their jaws dropped.

 

I hugged Sooyoung and Yuri tightly. I also hugged Siwon. He almost carried me. Suddenly, he said, “Tiffany, you’re unbelievable. We didn’t expect you to be this gorgeous.” The two girls still looked at me with awe. Suddenly, Yuri talked. “Tiffany, what did you do to be this gorgeous? You even surpassed the most beautiful girl in Korea!”  I chuckled at the compliment. Sooyoung pulled my hand. “What did you do to have these toned arms? And your complexion, I can’t believe Tiffany. You were very beautiful before and now, you managed to go beyond that record!”

 

After they gave me heart warming compliments, they told me that they have a surprise for me. They asked me to turn around. I saw the familiar face of the person I loved the most, Donghae Oppa. He walked towards me and hugged me tightly. I hesitated at first but I also returned the hug. He whispered something to me.

 

“You didn’t tell me that you were leaving. You left your best friend without even telling him. I thought you loved me?”

 

I whispered back to him, trying to stop the tears from falling down.

 

“Oppa, sorry if I wasn’t able to tell you. I don’t want to ruin your happiness.”

 

He broke the hug and kissed my forehead.

 

“But you brought my happiness my baby girl. You didn’t return it to me. You stole it from me. I’ve been waiting for nine years. You just gave it back now.”

 

I was shocked. What does this mean? He looked very sincere and the smile in his face is very melting. His eyes are so beautiful. It never failed to amaze me.

 

“You know, after you left, I realized that a person appreciates everything once people leave them. I just realized how much I love you. Not just as a baby sister, but as my Tiffany.”

 

I froze. What is he saying? Am I hallucinating? I can’t believe that he is telling those words to me. I gulped.

 

“What do you mean by that Oppa?”

 

Suddenly, I heard Sooyoung screaming from the back.

 

“Yah! Babo! He loves you! I didn’t know that being a doctor can make you stupid!”

 

All of them laughed except for me. I can’t believe that he loved me more than a best friend. I still can’t move. I looked at Siwon Oppa. I’m afraid that he will be hurt. But he smiled at me as if he is letting me go. Donghae Oppa saw me looking at Siwon. He has a worried expression in his face. Siwon went to Donghae Oppa and patted his back.

 

“Don’t worry Hae. I’m letting her go. I’m giving her back to the person who is meant to be with her.”

 

Siwon Oppa had a very sincere face. As if he is very happy for us. He hugged me and whispered,

 

“Tiffany, don’t worry about me. I want you to be happy. I don’t want you to be sad again. I can move on Fany. The Lord might be cooking a very good love life for me.”

 

Tears started to stream down my face. He wiped those tears for me. He smiled at me and he asked me to go to Donghae.

 

I hugged Donghae as tight as I can. We broke the hug and he kissed me on the lips, passionately.

 

“Tiffany, time can’t move us.”

 

~

 

Going back to the corner, where I first saw you…

 

~

 

Hi there! So, this is my second oneshot. It’s HaeFany again and I’m writing because I’m deprived. I just want more moments. The title and the last line was from the song “The man who can’t be moved.”

 

Please feel free to comment and add me. Criticisms are highly appreciated.

 

                                                            - Aimee :”>