One

Love Like This

Cuckoo~ Cuckoo~ Cuckoo~

I heard my alarm clock rang loudly for the third time but I stayed in my bed not wanting to get up. I curled myself like a ball and pulled up the blanket over my head. My face must've bloated a lot from the crying I did all night.

I felt awfully and utterly disappointed with myself. I did fail again, and this time it was surely an epic one that will go down to the history of the Yoo Clan. I didn't just fail my confession but I did made myself an embarrassment.

I planned everything so well but how did it end up nothing but a failure?

What will my friends think of me? Will they be able to understand? Will they be able to let me explain everything? Will they even listen?

I'm not that much concerned with the others but Jaebum and Sooji. Especially Sooji who had witnessed everything. Sooji whom has seen my failure.

And I'm super concerned about that Jung Daehyun.

"Youngjae dear, aren't you going to school?" My mom asked knocking loudly on my door.

I jolted awake. 

As much as I don't want to, I need to because Yongguk hyung is scary when he's angry. And Dujun hyung won't let me off that easily too. I cannot risk myself just because of my stupid so-called confession. I need to think of a plan to get away from this weird turned out of events.

"Give me a few minutes mom." My voice came out hoarse but I guessed she didn't hear.

After a few minutes, I came down freshly showered and with uniform neatly worn. The smell of homemade breakfast made my stomach rumble. I hurriedly seated myself on the dining table and start off my daily morning routine.

"You cried. Care tell mom what happened?" My mom questioned as I finish my hearty breakfast. My dad glanced up to us but didn't say a word.

I sighed deeply and gave them an assuring smile.

"I'll tell you everything once I sorted things out. I promise." I both gave them a kiss before rushing out the house.

What will happen now? I should come up with a plan before things got out of hand.

"Youngjae!"

I heard Jaebum called out my name before I even reached the school's main gate. He gave me a head lock and laughed out loud.

"What the Jaebum let me go!" I glared at him and he let go instantly.

He stared at me hesitation prominent in his face.

"What now?" I asked started walking off but he grabbed me by wrist.

I gave him a questioning look. He gulped big time before speaking.

"I know we've been friends for so long and this is kinda awkward as hell but did you somehow changed preference?" He asked hurriedly.

There was a long pause as I tried to process what he just asked to me. And then when I realized I almost screamed at his face.

"What the hell Jaebum! N-no way!" I felt heat crawl up my face. I turned around feeling embarrassed at myself.

Jaebum was startled but he get back to his senses right away. I heard his hearty laugh again. He hit my back as he laughed. I once again glared at him and walked off heading to the school. He followed suit still laughing at me teasingly.

Girls and boys lined up the main gate as soon as they saw us. Some gave us weird looks while others let out squeaks. But one person caught my attention; Jung Daehyun.

I need to talk him. I need to clear things out with him. This is a good opportunity to deal with the problem on hand. I walked hurriedly to him with determination of clearing the misunderstanding between us.

I stopped in front of him. I was so ready with my words planned out but as soon as I looked into his eyes, in that instant I was lost. I didn't get a chance to speak. Everything around me muted and slowed down.

What the heck is happening with me?

"I like you too Yoo Youngjae." I heard him said out loud. 


A/N: I realized I'm not good with fluff.

I'm sorry.