Familiar Blues

One of These Nights

Like the usual, he would sit on the sofa, munching his chips while the rest members were doing something to fill their day before the night comes. It didn't last long when one of the member interrupted his afternoon peace, stealing his chips and running away laughing. He screamed his full-name with anger and received a pat from the back. "Just take another one," he wanted to, but he didn't want to appear weak, so he just snorted and back watching the television. Because his chips had moved to another owner, his hands were working diligently pressing the number to change the channel. This peacefulness also didn't last long as another member took the remote away from him and pressed a number of channel he had known well.

"Let's watch their comeback okay, please," he blinked his eyes like a puppy to the youngest member of the group. Jungkook stared at his brother, judging him with deep frown plastered on his face, but the guy couldn't stop pleading with his pout. For the mere times, the youngest gave up and rested his back. He watched carefully how his brother jumped on his seat as the music show finally appears. Jungkook was surprised as another members came, and the sofa suddenly full with them. They were cheering hard to the pretty MC on the channel, with the new short black hair, she began introducing the group that will show after that.

"I don't know that she can be so pretty like that," the brother beside him suddenly said, he glancing at Jungkook who confusedly looking back at him blankly.

Jungkook doesn't really have an interest with girls, he dedicates himself to music and dance. He drowns himself very deep into it, doesn't even try swimming to face the surface. So, seeing how his face goes blank like that, his brothers aren't bothered by it anymore. They had tried to courage him to find a crush or something, so they can fanboying together, but Jungkook said that's not his style and preferred to stay in the dark, with himself, mumbling under his breath when his brothers started squealing to those girls inside the television.

"HWAAA!! IT HAS STARTED!"—Jungkook's mind shattered into pieces as he flinched with the abrupt scream above him. There's his brother, who success stole his chips a while ago, pointing his index finger excitedly to the screen. His action made other doing the same, staring in awe to the LCD in front of them as the beautiful holographic butterfly appeared and the camera slowly came down to those girls with standing mic and the aura had turned into blues, Jungkook's think he got a bit goosebumps by that.

The music started with slow and tightness melody. As they began to sing, Jungkook couldn't help, but joining the rest to stare at it. He felt somehow familiar with the melody and the atmosphere of the music show had made for them. He thought that everything was weird, since his hands suddenly began to shake, he immediately hide it behind his back and glanced back to the screen. His weirdness risen up as he couldn't feel his lung anymore. He felt breathless. He wanted to scream, but nobody noticed his behavior. He tried to calm, tried to inhale, tried to stop the weirdness, but he couldn't. His body controlled him. They continued torturing him. They continued to choke him. He closed his eyes shut, trying his best, his last energy to end it. But, Jungkook regretted it so much as he, without he realized, peeking to the screen as her part appeared, the oddly familiar scream could be heard, and everything went dark.