Shooting Star

Warm Light From The Sun

Fourth year of university means, hell.

 

 

 

 

At least that what Yongsun feels at the moment. Going back and forth between classes really made her nauseous. It's not that she hate school, of course not. She likes studying and all but have to deal with a heap of assignments while writing her thesis really got the best of her. Yongsun no longer had those 'enthusiastic' mood towards school like she used to. Her grades started to falls down the drain yet she didn't give a damn about it. What she needs now is some alone time without any school matters.

 

 

What comes first to her mind was, food.

 

 

Yes, she absolutely needs that to calm herself, however it seems to be impossible to eat her favorite red velvet cake and pasta for she's on a diet right now. Remembered that she already had her cheating day last week, she doesn't want to risk getting fat right before her graduation ceremony. 'I want to look pretty on my graduation photos'  she thought one day and decided to losing some weight. it was very easy at first, but gotten harder nonetheless. Even so, she still stands strong on her belief.

Actually she would graduated in this semester if she finished all of her final projects on time, but something just bugging her head which makes her unsure about that. She sighed, trying to change her focus from her growling stomach.

 

Yongsun leaned to the old wooden table in front of her. Stared blanky to her ongoing projects. Running out of idea of what to write, so she just clicked a folder contains all of her old photos and grossed out by her own portraits. She was quite chubby back then.

 

 

"Why it has to run out of battery at a time like this?" Yongsun hissed when her laptop beeped yet a bit thankful that she still be able to save her work beforehand.

 


After closing her laptop, Yongsun stretched her back a little and winched. She feels like being hitted by a thousand flying rocks. The bench really is not a good place to begin with yet she still choose to do most of her assignments on this public park.

Tightening her coat, Yongsun can't stop her gritted teeth. She feels someway cold eventhough already wore three layered clothes today. She put her hands inside her pocket and looked up to the sky. She closed her eyes for awhile, tried to ignore the the cold breeze and snowflakes all over her maroon beany. 

 

 

 

"You should have to bring your umbrella everyday.  It snowing a lot recently."

 

 

 

 

 

Startled, Yongsun opened her eyes to greeted by a shade of umbrella above her head. She jerked her body a bit, finding out who is talked to her just now.

 

Yongsun's mouth left agape, surprised. A bunch of warmth seeped in her cheeks by the sudden realisation.

 

 

"Can i sit here?" The girl asked yet sat on the said bench without waiting for Yongsun's answer. Her hand still holding the umbrella to protect them from the snow fall.

 

 

Relax, Kim Yongsun She keeps demanding herself but the presence of the other girl who sat freakingly close to her already makes her heart jump all over the place. Also the gentle gesture she showed really made an impression to make her head over heels over the said person.

 

Shaking her head, Yongsun tried to ignore her but failed miserably. She keeps throwing stolen glances over her. From the black baseball cap she wears, till the black coat that wraps arround her body looks somewhat enchanting in Yongsun's eyes.

 

 

'She's pretty' she thought

 

 

Yongsun still wonder how could she comes to the same park she's in right now. However It's a public place after all. Everybody can sit or do whatever they want here and it's not hers to care. At least that what she thougt because the heat on her cheeks keeps growing and it made her looks ridiculous. 

 

After contemplating for some time, Yongsun decided to just going home. She's hungry and doesn't know how long she can hold herself from stepped her foot onto those famous restaurant across the street. Or worse, fangirling over the girl beside her.

 

 

"Kim Yongsun, aren't you?" 

 

 

By the mention of her name, Yongsun turned her head and faced the girl fully in shock totally forgotten the book in her hand to fall miserably from her grasp.

 

Oh my God, she knows my name?!

 

"Yes, do i know you?" Yongsun asked, with a hint of curiosity but still tried to sounds as nonchalant as possible. To be freaking honest, she knows her. Of course how can she doesn't?

The girl didn't bother to answer, instead she picked Yongsun's book up from the ground made her long silver hair hang loosely from her shoulder radiating its glory. She blowed the snow-dust on the book, then give it back to Yongsun when it clean enough. 

 

"Here." she said smirking in the process, "Be careful, Yongsun. The snow is slippery." She continued, her grin grows larger so did her scrunched nose muscle.

 

 

Stunned, yongsun can't help staring. She wonders, how can someone's hair can be that gorgeous even her dorky grin looks ethereal. "Thank you..." she said quickly and took the book away. Their fingers brushed and Yongsung feels her face burned at those exact moment. Can't help it anymore, she stands briskly and fleed away from there.

 

 

"Hey, wait!"

 

 

Yongsun stopped walking to look back. She saw the girl running towards her and she forgot since when she hold her breath.

 

"Here, take this." Said the girl whilst giving Yongsun the umbrella in her hand. "... use this, and don't catch cold..." she continued smiling. Her cheeks looked slightly red. Probably from the cold, Yongsun tried to convinced herself. 

 

Yongsun take the umbrella with her, but once again the girl stopped her from walking away by grabbed her arm.

 

"I... I haven't introduced myself properly to you."
The girl extended her hand soon after and Yongsun doesn't know what's more happier.

 

"Moon Byulyi, from Electrical Engineering major. I'm on my third year now."

 

Yongsun nodded. Screaming inside. No one ever know how long Yongsun imagined this exact moment. But experiencing it on her own made her overwhelmed somehow.

 

"Ah.. my name is-"

 

"Yongsun, Kim Yongsun. Fourth year, Business major." Moon Byulyi blurted in.

 

"How do you know me?"

 

There's a silence between them. The air was thick untill Moon Byulyi chuckled and take away the umbrella that she gave to Yongsun earlier.

 

"How about we talk over lunch? Umh.. of course if you're not busy... and oh, my treat!"

 

 

Yongsun laughed. She doesn't expect to see her crush stuttering in front of her. Also for having lunch together with her? What a thing to die for. Happy is an understatement, she feels terrific!

 

"How pasta sounds? I know a good italian restaurant nearby." Yongsun suggested, a bit too excited but she doesn't care.

 

"It sounds perfect!" Moon Byulyi exclaimed as exicted, made Yongsun blushing.

 

 

 


For once, Yongsun think that maybe having another cheating day won't hurt.