fin.

The Silence Of Truth

 

 

 

When everything went down at once, Sungyoon thought he will stay still standing like there's nothing happen but maybe it's too hard for him. It's too hard for him to hold in the struggle he has been bottling up all these times.

Maybe, just maybe he get just one more chance to make things right, he would grab it without any hesitance, but he knows he missed that chance already.

And now, no one will ever believe in him, not even one people would be by his side. No one will ever look at him anymore because he's nothing but a killer in everyone's eyes.

He had no idea on how he should explain the things to the people around him, to those who believe in him. He could do nothing but accept all the harsh comments threw by everyone.

Yes, you killed him.

Yes, you did it.

Yes, you're the one who was at fault.

And there's no one to be blame, other than you.

JUST YOU.

And there's almost none of the people would ask him, if he's okay, if he really did that or if he wanted to say anything. Every question being asked to him, mostly sure that he's the one at fault and there's no one who doubt it.

Why did you do that?

Why did you kill him?

Bring him back to life.


 


 


"I hate you," A voice he really didn't want to hear said those words to him without any doubt even for a second. Joochan looked at him with full of grudge and hatred, there's no in between.

Sungyoon held his tears as he clenched his fist and bit his lips; slowly closing his eyes to not let the sadness got him. It's not me who did it. Only God knows how much he wanted to say those words to everyone infront of him now but it just couldn't come out from his own lips.

"Why did you do that?" Another voice attacked him and this time it's not a voice he used to hear everyday as he always being silent at the corner of the room but today he opened his mouth especially for someone he loves.

I didn't kill him. He still wanted to say it out loud but he couldn't do it.

"I'm sorry," The only words he could say at the moment. The thing is now, he had the chance to deny it, he had the chance to explain all of the misunderstandings between them. But why he decided to stay quiet and let everyone put the blame on him? Only him.

"Just bring him back to life," The owner of the voice burst into tears as soon as he said that. This time, it's the member who couldn't control his emotion, not even once. Youngtaek never tried to hide what he felt but this would be the first time Sungyoon saw him drowning in tears. He must be really hurting at the moment to lost someone he adores the most. 

There's no one going to believe me even if I said that I did nothing wrong, right? Sungyoon's eyes fell on someone who has been staying quiet from the start. He didn't look at him, not even once. He had his head lowered down focusing onto the ground as he clenched his fist and bit his lowered lips. He looked like he wanted to say something but he holds it well.

"Are you really going to stay quiet and do nothing?" The boy looked at him with a nervous expression. Obviously, he couldn't read his face if he's really sad over this matter or he had something else in his mind. Daeyeol has always been cool on everything but this matter somehow affect him as much as others affected to it.

Is there anything I could say in this kind of situation, though? He had nothing in his mind at the moment other than he wanted to go as far as possible so that he wouldn't see those heart breaking faces anymore. It really broke his heart to see someone younger than him, the brothers he treasured the most, cried infront of him.

"I know it's not you who did it, why can't you just say that one word. It's not you who did it," He said while sobbing almost losing his voice due to too much crying, "Just tell me it's not you," He closed his eyes to let the tears completely flowing out from his eyes.

I'm sorry Jaehyun. I'm really sorry. I couldn't say those words yet. But at least there's a member who believe that he didn't do it right? That's more than enough for him. To know that there's someone who still has some faith left for him.

At the moment, they're blaming Sungyoon with the things he didn't do, bunch of people wearing white coat came out from the automatic door with a gurney in their hand. Daeyeol as the eldest among all of them automatically stopped them from moving any further, "Can I see him?" He asked as he looked at a body lying on the gurney with a white cloth covered his whole body.

One of the man there nodded his head, probably the head doctor for the autopsy. Daeyeol slowly approached the body and went straight to the head part. He took a deep breath as he put his hand on the white cloth and slowly opened it to see the one who was hiding behind it. As soon as he saw his face, he burst into tears right away.

The calm expression the boy had on his face as if he leave the world with no regrets. When obviously, everyone he left behind was in despair at the moment, crying their heart out knowing that he will never be by their side anymore. Things will not be the same without him. He leaves the world to be in a better place but leaving the members to live in the hell he made after went to heaven by himself. How selfish he could be in this kind of situation?

"Hyung," A hoarse voice calling out for the boy who was lying lifeless on the gurney, "What are you doing there, hyung? Wake up hyung, wake up." Bomin grabbed both of his shoulders and shake it in rage. To stop him, Donghyun who was standing beside him quietly grabbed his wrist and pulled him into his embrace as he slowly caressed the boy's hair, assured him that everything's going to be just fine. Bomin couldn't stop his tears from flowing out of his eyes as he put his head on Donghyun's shoulders.

The doctor then, covered the whole lifeless body with the cloth back and continue with their way to send the death to the funeral room. All of the 10 boys looked at the gurney with their lifeless friend on it, slowly getting further from them. When it couldn't be seen anymore, all of their attention turned to the main culprit in this unfortunate incident, Choi Sungyoon.

All of their eyes were already puffy that it couldn't deny anymore how sad they were after losing a brother they love the most. It wasn't like they didn't love Sungyoon, but the pain they must face after knowing that one of them leave them and the fact he would never come back, hurt them the most. If they're about to make a change, they would probably sacrifice themselves in place for the death member.

But what would be the difference? Still, the boys will be missing by one number and they're incomplete. So, the thing they have to change at the moment was stop Sungyoon from being a killer. But how? It's already in the past and there's nothing they could do about it. They couldn't even go back in time to change the fate that has been written by God from the start.

Jibeom who was stay quiet as he observed all the other boys suddenly went straight to Sungyoon and grabbed him by his collar, "Why did you kill him? Why hyung? Why?" The hatred could be seen in his deep brown eyes and there's no one could stop Jibeom from his action now as everyone was already in their own deep thought.

Sungyoon just cleared his throat and bit his lips for the nth times till a stain of blood could be seen on his lips, "I'm sorry," Again, he spoke the holy words in hope that it could calm down the boys even for a little bit. Why did he thought the sorry word could end everything? He thought it will be just fine when he said sorry but he knows 'sorry' couldn't change the things happened.

"If you're really that sorry, bring him back to us," Joochan sounds so cold with his words.

Sungyoon swifted his eyes to the only same-aged friend he has within the boys and passed a bitter smile to him, Jaeseok is still like before, having his head lowered down with zero intention to lift it up, "Jaeseok," Sungyoon called out for his friend's name with his soft voice.


 



 

It has only been yesterday they spent their time together as 11. Who possibly knows, today, a tragedy would happen? A tragedy that would change their whole life.

"Hey, what should we eat today?" Jangjun cheerly asked the members who were immersed with their own world at the moment. He raised both of his eyebrows and looked around but there's no one paid attention to him. He sighed and pouted his lips, "Are you going to ignore me for the whole day?" Jangjun whined.

"Guys," The voice startled them, making all the eyes on one person only, "Let's order something," Daeyeol said.

"I want chicken,"

"No, I want jjajangmyeon,"

"Pizza please,"

The maknaes arguing on what they should eat today, "Jangjun, what do you want to eat?" Daeyeol asked the boy who was pouting his lips at the moment. Jangjun looked at Daeyeol and shrugged, "Sungyoon?" He asked for another member but Sungyoon's eyes automatically fell for Jaeseok as soon as Daeyeol asked the question.

"Anything the kids want," Sungyoon said, "I guess," He told Daeyeol.

"Okay, then," Daeyeol replied and went to his room to get his handphone.

Sungyoon whom his eyes still on Jaeseok, slowly approached the boy who was sitting on the chair while biting his nails, "Hey, stop it," Sungyoon grabbed the hand he has been biting the nails and took a sit beside him, "Have you take your medicine yet?" Sungyoon asked.

Jaeseok nodded his head, "Sungyoon, don't you think the kids should know before the things got worse?" He gave a suggestion to Sungyoon and Sungyoon just laughed it off.

"Hey, it's not like you have a chronic disease or what," He claimed, "I bet they will know soon after looking at your changing," Sungyoon shrugged to his comment.

Jaeseok sighed, "Are you really going to wait till the other side of me came out and only then you will tell them," He paused, "That I have multiple disorder personality?" He raised both of his eyebrows.

"Because they never see that side of you," Sungyoon smiled, "I'm the only who knows about it," He put Jaeseok's left hand into his to assure the boy.

The boy lost words. He wanted to tell the others so bad but he knows there's no one who would believe in him, other than Sungyoon since Sungyoon knew about it, "And you do know how scary my other side is right?" He asked.

Sungyoon bit his lips. Of course he knew it. He almost got killed by Jaeseok before because of his other side is really psycho. A real pshyco that will kill everyone in his vision. Sungyoon was lucky that he knows how to handle Jaeseok at that very crucial moment. If not, he wouldn't be here now, with the other boys.

Jaeseok joined them a little bit late as Sungyoon met him at the side of the road was playing guitar alone. Sungyoon gathered his courage to talk to the boy and here they are, hanging around with other 9 boys.

"Don't worry, everything going to be just fine," As soon aas Sungyoon said that, the bell rang showed that there's someone infront of the house.

Daeyeol came out from his room, "It must be the food," He announced and all the boys started to get theirself ready to eat. Daeyeol went to the front to get the food and paid it while the other boys already took their own seat at the table, it looks so cramped with 10 boys sitting on the floor but that doesn't matter to them because it's enough for them to have each other.

The eldest came with boxes of chicken in his hand and few bottles of cola and soda. He put the food on the table and the younger boys started to dig it. Sungyoon and Jaeseok chuckled to see their childish behaviour, probably remind of how they acted before when they're young.

"I want the thigh,"

"No, it's mine,"

"Shut up, I'm going to eat it,"

"Yah, Kim Jibeom! Put that back down,"

"What? Kim Jibeom? You're younger than me by one year, Choi Bomin!"

"Whatever,"

"I'm going to eat it then,"

"Yah, Lee Jangjun!!!!"

The sweet-bitter quarrel by the boys managed to bring laughter in the house. It's all perfect between them. They need no one else, but each other. Maybe because they have a common things between them. They're all an orphan who lost both of their parents at a young age.

 

 


 

 

"Jaeseok, what the hell have you done?" Sungyoon's eyes widened to a maximum size to see Jaeseok has a bloody knife in his hand with an obvious fear expression pasted on his face. Sungyoon grabbed the knife from his hand; threw it away and pulled him into his embrace, "Calm down," He said as he patted Jaeseok's back with full of care.

"I," Jaeseok stuttered, "I don't know," He burst into tears and buried his face on Sungyoon's chest.

Sungyoon looked at Jangjun's lifeless body lying on the floor with blood flowing out right from his chest. He took out his phone as the other hand still hugging Jaeseok who looks clueless at the moment, "Hello," He said as soon as someone picked up the call, "I need ambulance here," He ended the call.

"Have you eat your medicine yet?" Sungyoon slowly break the hug and asked Jaeseok with a smile pasted on his face, "Let's go and grab your medicine first," He said when Jaeseok shook his head.

"But, Jangjun," He said with tears in his eyes.

Sungyoon assured the boy, "He's fine, he's just taking a nap," He holds his tears as he said that. It's almost impossible for him to tell Jaeseok that he killed Jangjun.

 

 


 

 

"Are you okay?" Jaeseok asked Sungyoon as he managed to drag the boy away from the other boys.

Sungyoon passed a bitter smile to Jaeseok, "What do you think about it?" He asked.

Jaeseok bit his nails again, "It's me right?" He looked so anxious at the moment, "I killed Jangjun right?" Jaeseok gulped, "No, it's not me. It's him." He confused with himself.

"No, it's not you, Jaeseok," He assured Jaeseok with his words.

"You won't do that JSungyoon. No one will do that. It's only me," He quickly shook his head, "No, it's not me," He grabbed both side of his head as he slowly bent himself and crouched then burst into tears, "I want to tell them that it's me, Sungyoon. I don't want you to get all the blame," His voice getting slower as he cried even louder.

Sungyoon crouched to make himself at the same level as Jaeseok. He put his hand on Jaeseok's shoulders, "No, don't tell them. Just say that you don't know anything about it. You're sleeping when all the things happened. You know nothing," Sungyoon looks determined with his decision, "It's me who kill Jangjun and it's not you. Keep that in your mind."

"Why do you want to be a killer for my sake?"

"Because it's not your fault,"

"But it's me Sungyoon. Eventhough he was someone else but he is still me," He looked at Sungyoon in hope that the boy will stop blaming himself for something he never did, "Please Sungyoon. Give me a chance to protect you too."

Sungyoon slowly shook his head, "No, Jaeseok," He paused, "This time, let me be the one who protect you," He smiled, "Because you protect me once," He muttered under his breath.

 

 


 

 

Prologue

"Hey, killer," One of the boy greeted him with a nickname he wanted to erase.

Sungyoon stayed quiet.

"Oh my God, the killer stayed quiet. Damn, that's mean there's someone between us going to get kill by him, right?" Another boy provoked him.

"But what can you do? I'm the real killer here," A boy was standing not too far from Sungyoon while having a pair of scissors in his hand. All the other boys who saw it quickly ran away from the psycho boy.

And that include Sungyoon. He didn't know what to do and decided to be as far as possible from the weird boy.

Sungyoon was crying alone behind the school buildings after the kids bullied him by saying that he's the killer to both of his parents. He was so young, how he should know whether he killed his parents or not. It's an accident.

The accident killed both of them. Not him. It's not his fault.

Sungyoon has been telling himself those words for thousand of times but that doesn't make the others to stop provoking him. He knows they will never stop disturbing him, forever.

"Why are you crying here?" A voice distracted him. Sungyoon slowly lifted his head to look at the owner of the voice. There's a boy infront of him who was having a genuine smile pasted on his face, showing the sweet dimple on his cheeks, "Boy shouldn't cry," He said.

Sungyoon wiped his tears as he sobbed, "Why?" He asked.

"Because we're suppose to be strong?" He shrugged, "Oh, by the way, I'm Park Jaeseok," He introduced himself.

Sungyoon blinked his eyes for few times and looked at Jaeseok's hand with a blank expression, "I'm," He stuttered, "I'm Choi Sungyoon," He grabbed the hand and shake it before passed a smile to Jaeseok.