Operation #1

Operation: Find the Girlfriend

"She just disappeared! I texted her and even went to her house. I also asked her friends for her whereabouts but they also don't know. This must be a case of kidnapping. Quick send a search and rescue team over to look for her who has been missing since last night." Cha Hakyeon stood in front of the desk of a policeman. His worry could be seen on his dark orbs and he flailed his arms frantically. He also tearing up.

The policeman, despite still being surprised due to the fact that the said man just barged inside the police station at almost-ten in the evening while crying, kept his composure and took his notebook. "Please calm down. Can you tell me the exact detail of what happened before she went missing? And who is the missing person? Your sibling? Parent?" He asked.

"My girlfriend..." Hakyeon replied. "Last night, we fought and she told me that she wanted to break up with me, that I was nothing, and that she does not love me anymore. She also told me that I should not go find her. I knew it was my fault so I went to apologize to her but I was told that she did not come home since last night. She cannot be contacted also. Isn't that too suspicious to you? That's why we... we have to find her." He cried.

"I'm sorry but Mister...uh..." The policeman trailed off, looking at Hakyeon to ask for his name.

"Mr. Cha. Cha Hakyeon." Despite tearing up, Hakyeon replied.

The policeman nodded his head once. "Right, Mr. Cha." He cleared his throat. "Didn't it occur to you that she must have changed her phone number? And her house address as well?" He asked. "Cases like this happened before. Men and women always try to erase the traces of their former lovers. Things like those can occur sometimes. Plus, she has a reason to not see you. Must be because she loathes you now."

Hakyeon shook his head, not accepting the suggestion of the policeman. "I know my girlfriend, she would not do such thing. She is such a sweet girl so there's no way she would just disappear like that. Sure, she might be a little angry because I haven't graduated yet but I'll be a doctor soon."

"May I ask for the reason of your fight?" The policeman asked, looking so curious.

"Well...that..." Hakyeon trailed off. "I proposed to her and she got a little mad." He continued. "I think that it's because she was surprised and I haven't planned our future well enough. She, on the other hand, has everything planned out. Maybe she wants to enjoy her youth more."

The policeman smirked and shook his head. "That was the most foolish explanation I have ever heard." He laughed his head off. "Look, I, Officer Park Kyung, knows women a little better than you do so listen to what this expert would tell you." He paused for a bit and Hakyeon nodded his head, looking like a novice asking an advice from a professional. "She does not love you anymore or maybe, she does not love you since the beginning. Running away after you proposed, huh? That just means that she does not want to be committed to you or any man at that matter." The policeman, Park Kyung, declared. "I mean, it should have been very obvious."

Hakyeon shook his head in a rapid manner as a sign of denying the officer's declaration. "That's not true. We love each other more than anything else."

"That's what you thought." Kyung shrugged his shoulders. "Did she tell you that she would go to bed early? That she was tired the past days? On some days, were there times when she would not show herself to you? Not just that, she would also put her phone face down and if you say something about it, she would say that you are just being sensitive. She wouldn't answer her calls in front of you. And you have never met her parents because she said that it's not the right time yet. Finally, when you proposed, she looked like she did not want to be there any longer. Am I right or am I right?"

"How did you know that?" Hakyeon gasped, covering his chest defensively. "You stalker! What kind of police are you?"

"That's an obvious fact. She had been cheating on you." Kyung pointed out.

Before Hakyeon could retort back, the door was pushed open and another guy entered. He was just a little taller than Hakyeon but that was not his most noticeable feature. His nose was big and it stood tall and proud—if Hakyeon were not in the middle of searching for his girlfriend, he would have stopped to gap at the man's interesting nose. 

"Mr. Police officer!" The man exclaimed in a very loud manner, startling everyone in the room—Hakyeon, Kyung, and three other busy officers.  "I want to file a missing report. My girlfriend has been missing since yesterday. She's not answering her phone and she is not in her house. I'm getting really worried."

"Another one?" Kyung sighed. "Please tell me the details before she went missing."

"She told me that she needed space and did not contact me since yesterday afternoon. Since this morning, I have been trying to call her and I even went to her house but..." The newcomer swallowed the lump that was forming in his throat. "...to no avail. What do I do? We have to find her. She is such an sweet angel. If anything happens to her, I..." Tears started to form in his eyes. "I... wouldn't be able to live peacefully in this cruel world."

"Why did she tell you that she needed space? Did you propose to her? Or did you introduce her to your family?" Kyung asked, sounding like a professional.

"I did bring her to my family so that she would become aware of their condition, why?" The other man asked, looking a bit confused as he wiped his tears away from his cheeks.

Hakyeon watched from the sidelines, wondering how this one would end. Since the newcomer and him had the same experience—their girlfriends were missing—he sort of understood how much pain the stranger might be experiencing. To suddenly lose a loved one like that, that was a very cruel fate.

"Is your family above average, average, or below?" Kyung asked.

The newcomer furrowed his eyebrows, showing more confusion. "To be very honest... our family isn't well off. Although my parents' salaries and mine are enough for our household, there are times when we are really broke. I guess we're below average then."

Kyung snapped his finger, startling the two men in front of him. "There you have it, your answer." He proudly announced, earning himself dumbfounded looks from the two boys. "Don't you get it? She left you after she met your family. It means that she cannot accept you because you're poor. Now, she does not want anything to do with you anymore. I mean, she probably thought you are somewhat well-off because you do look like a foreigner because of your nose. When she found out that you are like her, penniless, she left you." He explained. "Dang, Detective Conan should be shaken. I am better than him at solving things like this." He boasted.

Not affected by the air around the officer, the newcomer looked so lonely. If earlier tears were starting to form in his eyes, at the moment, he was already crying. "No, that is impossible. She told me that she would not leave me, that we're going to grow old together. I think that she was kidnapped. Please look for her. Please. I am begging you."

Seeing how the innocent newcomer cry like that, Hakyeon's heart swelled in pity. His motherly instincts were slowly coming out. Without thinking much, he pulled the newcomer into a hug. "Shh... there, there, I'm sure that she would not do that to you."

"Oh, I'm sure she would." Kyung commented, watching the supposedly heartwarming scene in front of him. "Look, Mr. Newcomer." He called the attention of the said boy who already freed himself from Hakyeon's embrace.

"My name's Jaehwan! Lee Jaehwan." The newcomer snapped, seeming to be a little offended because of the nickname.

"All right, Mr. Lee Jaehwan. Let me ask you a few questions and see for yourself if she's a gold digger or not." Kyung suggested.

Hakyeon frowned at the suspicious suggestion, recalling how the officer did guess his girlfriend's behavior towards him. Of course, he wondered if the said officer would be able to do the same to the newcomer—Jaehwan—however, he was worried for the said guy. He looked so much like a child to be broken. "I don't think that it's a good idea." Hakyeon frowned.

"No matter what you think, I'm going to ask anyway." The officer shrugged his shoulders indifferently. "To find out if she was dating you because she thought that you were a foreigner. When she first talked to you, she spoke in English. You also responded in a simple English phrase before speaking in Korean. She mistook this as a sign that you have lived overseas. She would occasionally ask you to buy her foreign goods so being the naive you, you would buy some even when you had to crawl just to get it. Lastly, she was the one who wants to meet your parents probably because she thought that she could meet foreign in laws." Kyung leaned back on his chair, looking so smug at what he just came up with.

"Y-you!" Jaehwan exclaimed. "You were stalking us, weren't you?!"

Kyung raised an eyebrow. "No, I'm not. It's just too predictable. I'm quite surprised why you did not find out. Am I the only intellectual man left here?"

Before either Jaehwan or Hakyeon could come up with a good comeback, two men rushed in front of Kyung, both looking pale and worried despite their tall and muscular built.

Kyung groaned, obviously not liking the fact that there were more people than usual—which naturally meant that he would have to work even more. "What can I do for you?" He asked the two guys. "Case of missing girlfriends too?" He intended to joke but he froze when he heard that response of the two.

"How did you know?" The guy with a deep caveman voice asked, sounding so confused.

"Please help me." The other guy with a much softer and calmer, in contrast to his scary pair of eyes, responded.

"You guys too?" Hakyeon asked, dumbfounded. He did not know whether he should be glad to know that other people were actually facing the same problem as him or if he should be scared because—like—was hiding from their boyfriends a new trend for girls nowadays? "I mean, why is everyone's girlfriend missing?" He muttered to himself.

"My name is Jung Taekwoon. My girl has been missing since this morning." The guy with the soft voice hastily explained. "I know that it has not even been twenty-four hours yet but this has never happened before and it has never been this hard to contact her. If you can look into it, she might be kidnap, you know? So, please, do what you can do in order to find her."

Kyung sighed. "Okay, Mr. Jung, can you tell me what happened before she disappeared?"

"I proposed to her just this morning." The guy—Taekwoon—mumbled, sounding a bit embarrassed that his ears turned so red. "Then, she told me that she has to think about then left me alone in the coffee shop that I have reserved just for the two of us. She told me that we're over before leaving."

"She probably found a guy with much more money." Kyung suggested. "I mean, you have the money to reserve a coffee shop but she suddenly left you which means that it's either she is not yet ready to get married or she just needs a guy with more money. Since she left on her own, I doubt that she is kidnapped and who would kidnap a girl in such a convenient time?"

"Well, mine's a more serious situation!" The deep voiced newcomer immediately jumped in. "My name is Kim Wonshik, my girlfriend's missing since yesterday afternoon. Since I am a presidential bodyguard, I guess the enemies decided to hold her hostage to shake me up."

"I'm sorry, Mr. Kim, but this is not an action movie or an action story. We have no enemies who would capture someone just to get us or any of those bulls that happen in whatever movie you are watching." Kyung pointed out. "But if it would make you feel better, can you please tell me what exactly happened before she disappeared from your radar?"

Wonshik nodded his head, ready to tell his story while the three other complainants were listening closely. "She wants to meet my father. So, without arguments, I let her meet my father the night before. My father happens to be a normal salaryman so I don't see anything wrong with him. However, that same night, she told me that I was a 'mistake' before leaving me. Finally, I came to many hypothesis. What if my father actually gave her money to stay away from his precious son?"

"Nah, not possible." Kyung shook his head. "You said it yourself, your father's a normal salaryman. It could be like this: she thought that you were the President's son or something of that sort and was extremely disappointed when it did not turn out like that."

"Then, where the hell is she?!" Wonshik groaned, looking so panic-stricken.

"How would I know? I'm a policeman, not a fortune-teller or a GPS." Kyung retorted. Then, he met the eyes of the four boys. "Look, the four of you are suffering from such heartaches but please do refrain from giving me a headache. It is highly probable that your girlfriends do not love you anymore and just decided to hide. Please get over it with."

 

One hour had passed yet the four guys did not budge. They were sitting on the couch inside the police station, the poor police officers had stopped convincing them to go home and just decided to ignore them. Just then, the door burst open, revealing a familiar handsome guy—it was that guy whom they happened to see in TV a lot, a rising actor. However, contrary to his character in TV, he looked undeniably worried as he walked towards the desk of the only policeman who had nothing to do—Park Kyung.

"Mr. Lee Hongbin?" Kyung was not ignorant, he knew the rising actor. "Is there anything that I can do for you?" He asked, calmly taking a sip from his water bottle.

Hongbin paused for a second or two, seeming to muster all his courage. "My girlfriend is missing." He finally admitted to everyone's surprise. "She has been missing since last night. I tried contacting her to no avail. Perhaps, something might have had happened to her."

"Err..." Kyung trailed off, glancing at the four guys on the couch before turning his gaze back to the actor. "If it is like that then I am afraid that you have to line up with those pathetic men." He pointed at the couch.

"What?" Hongbin's face twisted, a clear expression of annoyance and confusion were shown on his face.

"It's just that their girlfriends are also missing. Is it a trend of some sort?" Kyung asked. "This is why I am single." He grunted. "But please tell me what happened so that I can try to solve it."

"What do you mean by 'try to solve it', you aren't doing anything!" Jaehwan exclaimed, pointing his right index finger at the policeman accusingly.

Hongbin let out a long exhausted sigh. "I... last night, I told her about my desire to announce that I have my girlfriend although I know that it would lead to being defamed. I said that I am willing to quit this job for her."

"That's cheesy." Kyung commented.

"But it's touching!" Hongbin argued.

"You shouldn't quit though! You're so good and I watch your dramas with my grandmother." Hakyeon invited himself to the conversation.

"Anyway, as I was saying, the moment I told her that, she hang up on me and never called again. I cannot contact her so I sent my friend to check on her apartment but she was not there." Hongbin narrated. "I don't know what happened to her but I am sure that it is not something good that's why I'm here in front of you, seeking for your help."

Kyung paused for a little while, thinking of ways to help the actor—or probably how to dismiss him with the others. Before he could even open his mouth to speak, a man barged in, wearing an expensive blue polo shirt and a branded pair of jeans. Along with him was a trolley bag. He was tall, even taller than the first five boys.

"Good evening, Sir. What now? Your girlfriend went missing as well?" Kyung inquired, jokingly but regretted his own words when the man nodded.

"I don't know how you guessed it but yes, my girl is missing. I last talked to her yesterday afternoon. I had to camp outside her apartment last night. She never returned though. She is such an innocent woman, so pure. She must have been kidnapped." The newcomer explained.

Kyung raised an eyebrow. "There is one thing that I am curios about. Why do you immediately assumed that the girls who dumped you went missing because they were kidnapped?" He grunted, sounding really annoyed. "Tell me, you were dumped before she went missing, am I right or am I right?"

The newcomer shook his head. "No! It's like this. I already introduced her to my parents and everything. All that's left is to propose to her. However, my parents did not approve of her, saying that she is insincere or something of that sort. I had a nasty argument with my parents and left the house. I told her about it yesterday afternoon then she said she was disappointed in me for leaving the house. She must be disheartened so bad people used this opportunity to kidnap her." He tried to reason out. "Just... do anything that you have to do. My name is Han Sanghyuk, son of the owner of the biggest hospital in South Korea. I can pay no matter how much as long as you found my girlfriend."

"Nice try. I love rest more than I love money." Kyung replied. "Look, Sir, like what I have told the others, your girlfriend might not have been in love with you and only wants your money. Since you left home, you have no money. How can she marry you?" He sighed before meeting everyone's eyes. "Please leave now, we cannot be of help because of what you just narrated—it's pretty obvious that you guys were not loved. Still, I will make a report if that would make you feel better. We'll contact you in case we find something about your girlfriends." He tried to convince the six men.

Without a choice, the six men left the police office one by one, awkwardly walking away. Kyung grinned in triumph, he could finally go back to sleep! Of course, he would do that after he finished his police report—if only he had not forgotten to get the name of the missing girls. "Look at these punks, they told me what happened but forgot to give me their girlfriends' names." He muttered. "Oh, well," He shrugged his shoulders before heading to the couch to sleep.

 

"It doesn't make sense. Why wouldn't the police help?" Han Sanghyuk was the one who broke the silence.

The six men found themselves sitting inside a 24-hour coffee shop near the police station, trying to drink their tears away. Since none of them seemed to be alcoholic, they settled on just drinking lattes—it was Taekwoon's surprising suggestion. Because the six of them had almost the same situation at hand, they immediately grew comfortable despite not talking at first.

"I know!" Jaehwan groaned, sounding frustrated. "Why can't they just believe us that our girlfriends might actually be kidnapped? I cannot imagine my girl ever cheating on me or fooling me."

"Same here." Hongbin agreed. "If I believe that she is just using me, I wouldn't be willing to sacrifice my career for her."

Taekwoon, who had been real quiet since a while ago, put down his third cup of latte. "I don't know about you but I won't let this to end here. I will do something to find my girlfriend. I can always break up with my girlfriend..." He paused.

"Oohh... heart breaker, I like that." Hakyeon nodded his head firmly as a sign of approval.

Taekwoon ignored Hakyeon's unnecessary comment. "But not like this. I don't think that she wanted to break up either."

"Then, what are you planning on doing?" Wonshik asked Taekwoon. "The police wouldn't help us. Then again, the police is not always the solution. I wish that there is something that we can do to find them."

"How about going to meet their friends face-to-face? Unfortunately, my girlfriend's best friend is far from Seoul so I haven't visited her yet." Hongbin said.

"What? Mine too." Hakyeon stated.

"Same here." Jaehwan chimed in. "So, do you want to help each other? I'm sorry but I am just a poor boy who cannot afford trips."

"I have some spare money here that I planned to use for buying a house or a condominium unit. If someone is willing to take me in, I will be the sponsor for this trip." Sanghyuk told the others. "I have no house since I ran away."

Hakyeon excitedly raised his right hand. "I live in an apartment alone. Will you be okay there?"

"As long as there is bed." Sanghyuk grinned. "So, is everybody going to join us in finding our girlfriends."

The six boys looked at one another, smiling and nodding their heads. With the help of one another (and Sanghyuk's money), they would find each other's girlfriends!


Author's Note:

First update! Yay~! Lately, our boys have been slaying and had gone viral in Korea! Whooo! (I almost cried, seriously) So, I finally decided to update LMAO. The next update will most probably happen on the 15th (Monday) since I just got my schedule for the second semester and I found out that I won't have classes on Mondays~! <3

Hope you enjoyed this first chapter~!

Special thanks to vixxcha and bcpfgrg for the upvote. You know that I love you guys, right?