A Ray of Hope

THE EYE

It’s been a month since Sunggyu stays in the hospital. Aside from the doctors and nurses his family, manager, CEO, members and some friends do visit occasionally but none stay long though since they have a life on their own. Today is no exemption, its afternoon and Sunggyu is busy listening to a drama in the television he keeps it on most of the time since the silence scared him.

 

“Gyu-hyung I’m back!!”, said the little voice.

 

“Kawng-su, where did you go this time? I don’t know how you got permission to stroll around the hospital probable not. You’re a patient like me so you have to be careful but I do wish to stroll like you.”

 

“Gyu-hyung don’t worry, I drag you along next time,” chirp the boy as he caress gyu’s hand.

 

“As if they allow me,” laugh gyu.

 

“They don’t have to know,” mumble Kwang-su then excitedly add, “Anyway I went at the back where they say a garden is located and it was beautiful. Lots and lots of flowers of different colors and sizes and most smell nice. I’ll bring you there next time gyu-hyung~.”

 

Sunggyu tried to smile hoping the boy won’t see the sadness in his face. How he loves to see those beautiful flowers but even if he went there what will change he still wouldn’t be able to see it. But he doesn’t want the boy to be sad as him. Kwang-su is just a nine years old boy and already been through a lot but despite the occasional sadness the boy is a bowl of sunshine and gyu intent to keep it that way. He knows he have been harsh at the boy first time they meet but the boy grew on him. They’ve become bestfriends in the hospital. Guess Woohyun might be replace soon. Speaking of Woohyun, that jerk rarely comes nowadays as well as the other members but he misses Woohyun the most. Okay, he know they’re busy preparing for their next album which probable will not include him I mean what will a blind man do in stage, but still he can find time right?

 

“Gyu-hyung~, Gyu-hyung~,” called Kwang-su but Sunggyu only snap from his thought when he tap him.

 

“Sorry about that Kwang-su! What were you saying?”

 

“I have to go Gyu-hyung the nurses might be looking for me now. Bye bye gyu-hyung~!”, Kwang-su leave but not after a kiss on gyu’s cheek.

 

A door open and comes two set of footsteps.

 

“What are you smiling at my lovely gyu?”, greet by one of the new visitors as he approach to hug Sunggyu.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, hyung! Kwang-su is so sweet.”

 

“Who’s that?”, ask the second visitor as he sit on the bed and hold gyu’s hand.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, jung! The boy just now, haven’t you seen him? When he said goodbye he always kiss my check.”

 

“Oh my, what a naughty boy,” tease the first visitor.

 

“Yah! His not like you Heechul-hyung.”

 

“Didn’t see him though. How about I kiss you too gyu for a greeting,” Junhyung kiss Sunggyu’s cheek too without waiting for permission.

 

“Yah! Are you a ert?,” exclaim Gyu while blushing.

 

“That’s cruel gyu. You called the boy sweet when he kisses you while me a ert? And here I thought I’m your favorite,” Junhyung pretend to sulk with exaggerated pouty lips.

 

“Yah! Don’t do that you look gross,” scold Heechul while slapping Junhyung head.

 

“Yah! You’re just jealous.”

 

“Never! And in case you forgot Sunggyu won’t be able to see it anyway,” blurt the tactless Heechul.

 

“Hyung,” mumble Junhyung as he nudges his hyung and both notice Sunggyu’s gloomy expression.

 

“Hey! Look what I brought?!!!”, Heechul tried to sabotage the situation but end up worsening it.

 

“Really, hyung? Really? Look?,” sass Junhyung. “Gyu baby~ I got something for you? Your favorite strawberries and cheesecake!!!”

 

“You do know we both brought that right?”, sass Heechul.

 

The three ends up eating all the strawberries and cheesecake that afternoon but Sunggyu manage to keep some for Kwang-su. The three been busy talking and laughing for hours that they failed to hear the door open.

 

“Hyung?”, announce the new voice.

 

“Oh, Woohyun you’re here,” greet gyu with sadness and his two friends notice.

 

“Annyeong, Heechul-hyung and Junhyung-hyung!,” greet Woohyun while eyeing Junhyung that sits at the left side of Sunggyu’s bed. That hyung is too close.

 

“Anyeong, Woohyunnie~!”, greet Heechul.

 

“Anyeong!”, greet Junhyung while eyeing Woohyun too. The bastard is here.

 

The atmosphere suddenly becomes awkward but leave it to Heechul to fix or destroy things.

 

“Woohyunnie~ aren’t you going to kiss gyu too just like Junhyung?,” utter the ever tactless Heechul. Junhyung just smirk on the side.

 

“Yah! It’s not like that Hyunnie! Junhyung just imitate Kwang-su kissing me on the check”, Sunggyu is blushing by now and waving his hand for emphasis.

 

“It’s not like I have a say whom you’re kissing. I’m just your bestfriend anyway,” Woohyun said in a cold tone.

 

“Exactly!!”, exclaim Junhyung.

 

“Mmmm…. I’m here by the way. Annyeonghaseyo!!,” break Hyoan. “Annyeonghaseyo, hyung~!,” the two replied as they bow.

 

“Wow! will you look at that. Time fly fast it’s already 5 in the afternoon. My lovely gyu, me and this idiot have to go now. We’ll be back soon okay. Eat more so will be out here soon,” Heechul kiss gyu on the cheek too tease Woohyun. That person is easy to read but stubborn and Sunggyu is dense.

 

“Yah hyung~,” whine gyu.

 

“Bye my baby gyu!,” Junhyung kiss gyu’s cheek again that earn him a glare from Woohyun.

 

When the two leave Hyoan follows with an excuse to buy dinner just to leave the tense room. Gyu is busy fiddling at his oh so beautiful hands while Woohyun busy looking at the window.

 

“Mmmm…. How’s the album shoot Hyunnie?”

 

“Fine.”

 

“Okay…. Will the other members visit today?”

 

“Nope.”

 

“Do you have another schedule today?”

 

“None.”

 

Long silence. The door open again and the doctor enters together with the nurse.

 

“How are you feeling Sunggyu?,” ask the doctor as he check for any sign of discomfort.

 

“I’m fine Doc. I’m actually anxious now. You said yesterday that you wanted to discuss with me about something. May I know now what it is?”

 

“Yes, but first where’s your manager? I want him to be here too when I tell you the good news and I’m glad one of your friend is here too.”

 

“Good news?!”, Woohyun eyes widen and sparkle as he anticipate for the good news. Hope.

 

“Hyuan-hyung went to buy dinner.”

 

The nurse leaves after finishing her routine check up as the three wait for the manager to arrive. Didn’t take long enough since the manager just brought dinner in the cafeteria within the hospital. Sunggyu is holding Woohyun’s hand the whole time as he is getting more anxious. He has no idea what the doctor might say but he do hope it really is a good news cause his not sure how much more he can take.

 

“I know you’ve been devastated with your sight Sunggyu and I’m very happy to tell you that after a series of tests. We can finally tell you that your sight can be restored via cornea transplant,” announce the Doctor with much enthusiasm. “I already discuss this matter to your CEO and the other manager few days ago just waiting for the right time to tell you. Your CEO can’t be here today but he said I should tell you the news anyway.”

 

A sob is heard inside the room. “Gyu! Calm down,” whisper Woohyun, “This is such great news I can’t wait to tell everyone. I’m so happy gyu.” Woohyun hugs the sobbing Sunggyu tighter.

 

“That’s great Dr. Lee. But is there any complications?”, ask Hyoan.

 

“Well, first we need to find a donor and it has to be a perfect match. I tell you this now it won’t be easy and you’re not the only one waiting for the right donor. Money will not be a problem since Woollim will pay all expenses. Then, there’s the actual transplant but not to worry we have the best surgeons here we just have to ready your body before the operation. You have to be in your best condition, we will not proceed if your body is not feeling well. Can I trust you with that gyu?”

 

“Of course….*sobs*…. I’ll do anything…. *sobs*… to have my sight back…”

 

The night is full of tears as Sunggyu took long to recover from the great news. Woohyun cried along with him while Hyoan just got teary eyes as he comfort the hugging duo.

 

‘Hope everything from now run smoothly both for gyu and everyone who love him. Gyu I’ll always be here I’ll never leave and I’ll help you all the way. Will find that donor and I’m sure everyone will help too!,’ Woohyun made a promise to himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note: Not really satisfied with my chapters so far but here we go. Not really sure how this story progress kinda busy with my other fic and I'm new to this. Pardon for all misspelling and wrong grammar. Not good at either. Whahaha....