1/2

Fox Tails and Butterfly Wings

There are stories older than his father.

Stories of people staying out too late never to be seen again. Some people would say they’d had enough of this town and walked off into the night, others – others would say they were taken by the Fae.

Yoongi obviously believed every word as much as he believed that mixing red and blue would result in yellow. It was all bull in Yoongi’s humble opinion. Taken by the Fae? By fairies? What a ing joke. Yoongi was out all night, almost every night just wandering wondering around and he was still there.

3 AM, the witching hour as his grandmother so wistfully dubbed it, 3 AM was what his watch read when it happened. It wasn’t unusual for him to be out so late, no one ever even saw him so he’d never been questioned. The fog was thicker than Yoongi could remember it ever being as he stood there leaning against the brick wall someone had built a long time ago to separate the town and the woods. He squinted against the mist thinking he’d seen movement, thinking despite not being able to see three feet in front of him he had seen a figure moving. He watched for a few minutes, deciding his mind was playing tricks on him after a while. Then he huffed tugging his leather jacket to his frame tighter, taking a step, then he froze.

He saw it clear as day, as if there wasn’t a particle of mist between him and it. A fox. Fiery red fur standing stark against the glow of the lights through fog. There was a fox sitting in the middle of the street staring straight at Yoongi with its deep black eyes, and Yoongi was staring straight back at it. The air shifted, Yoongi realized, there was no wind and it was no longer freezing. He could barely breathe; it was as if time had stopped. He could hear his heart beat pick a steady ba-dum, ba-dum, in his ears when the fox stood and started walking away from him.

Yoongi has no ing idea what possessed him to follow it. Maybe it was just pure curiosity for where this creature had come from. Maybe it was reckless abandon for his own life. Or maybe it was the way it had stopped after a few strides to look back at him with a gaze that somehow told him it had something to show him. Either way he found himself just two steps behind the fox, following it through the thick fog having no idea where he even was at that point all he could do was keep his eyes fixed on the red and black tail in front of him hoping – praying he wouldn’t lose sight of it. It was like he was in a trance.

There was a point that Yoongi realized he was climbing the old moss covered stairs at the edge of town that led into the forest. He was miles from where he was mere moments ago, and no one was supposed to use these stairs for anything. But that didn’t matter because the fox was already above the wall, waiting for him that junction where the slippery stone transitioned into rotting log steps leading farther into the forest where (he thinks) it turns into an abandoned dirt path. He used the sides of the old wall to leverage himself from falling as he climbed up to meet the leader.

The last thing he remembers was the fox making a joyful yelping noise as he’d stepped onto the second wooden platform at the top, and then… nothing.

❁❁❁❁❁❁

Yoongi woke up to smell of damp earth and something akin to both pine and honey, a sweet mixture that although he’d never smelt it before it put him at ease – as if he were home. And then he jolted awake because his room literally smelt like dirty socks and paper. Blinking rapidly to get the blurriness out of his eyes he took in his surroundings. Wooden walls surrounded him, white flowy sheets underneath where he sat, flowers as décor… a lot of flowers. He rubbed roughly at his face, trying to wake himself up – thinking it had to be a dream – and then when he realized that it definitely was not a dream he continued to make himself more alert.

“Okay…” he whispered, voice scratchy and deep from sleep “What the hell?”

He didn’t remember much from the night before. He remembered fog, lots of fog, a fox that seemingly glowed in the night, an overwhelming sense of calm and then – the woods. He remembers walking into the woods that he’d been banned from as a child. Great. Now he’s somewhere in an unknown cabin or some in the woods that literally no one ever goes into. This is just his luck. He takes a moment to look around again, as if something would have changes but it’s still the same walls and sheet and flowers and who the hell decorates their room like this? It’s not unpleasant just, weird because he’s so used to seeing at least some sort of electronic device somewhere or even the walls to painted or at least covered in posters. It was clean cut, pretty he could even say. And okay, he knows he should be freaking out more than he is but for some reason he’s calm – relaxed even. The world is big and fast and for the first time in a long time Yoongi has felt as if things were moving at a comfortable pace, despite him having been probably abducted or something weird like that.

He watched as one of the doors slowly clicked open, some guy with messy brown hair peaking his head through the opening. The boy’s wide eyes seemed to widen further as they made eye contact.

“Oh!” he yelped, moving himself into the room rather than just staring awkwardly in the door way “You’re awake uh, um” his eyes darted around the room “You’re uh, probably curious about what’s happening, huh?”

Yoongi raised an eyebrow at the boy“You could say that” he nodded

“Well, to be completely honest I don’t understand either but” the kid laughed, buck teeth on display and Yoongi’s 98%sure this guy is a kid “You’re pretty calm”

“Yeah well” Yoongi yawned, finally moving off of the bed “If I’m gonna die then I’m gonna die”

The kid paused, looked at him up and down “Touché” he snorted “I don’t think that’s what’s going to happen but” he shrugged “You never know. Uh, if you want I can take you to someone who kinda knows what’s goin’ on”

So, despite Yoongi’s better judgment he followed. He followed through the winding hall decorated with giant leaves and more flowers to a room not unlike a living room but still distinctly different from what he was used to, but he couldn’t focus on it for long his attention being pulled to where two more men stood both looking ready to throw a punch.

“Put him back.” The shorter one demanded, voice sweet but stern “Taehyung. You can’t do this so often. Put him back”

“I’ve done it twice” the other – Taehyung most likely – scoffed “And I did this for your ungrateful , Jimin”

“I didn’t ask you to!” Jimin exclaimed, hands flying up in exasperation “You’re gonna get in so much trouble Tae, you know you can’t just take humans like that! You know that rules! Put him back before he wakes up”

Taehyung stamped his foot on the ground “I followed the rules though!” he whined “The rules state that we can-”

“Hey guys?” the kid Yoongi was following interrupted, calling timidly “He’s awake?”

“Jungkookie!” Taehyung grinned, leaping over the couch as Jimin took a nose dive hiding behind the furniture.

Yoongi watched as Taehyung practically tackled the kid into a hug, smashing their cheeks together happily.

And then Taehyung turned to look at him with a boxy grin “So, has Jungkook explained everything?”

“Um, no?” Yoongi raised an eyebrow, for whatever reason his main focus being trying to decide if Taehyung’s hair was brown or red

“That’s ‘because I don’t know either” Jungkook protested

Taehyung nodded, “Alright then” he sighed “Let me ask you something”

“What is it?”

“Were you unhappy in your life, Mr. uh, Yoongi right?” Taehyung questioned

Yoongi hesitated, wetting his lips as he thought. It’s not that he was unhappy but he wasn’t necessarily happy either everything was just kind of-

“Melancholy, right?” Taehyung butted in “Everything was runny together and you felt kinda empty.” 

“I-yeah” Yoongi stuttered “How’d…?”

“Not to sound creepy but I’ve been watching you” Taehyung answered “Well, not by my choice but y’know I went with a friend and I learned some stuff.”

Taehyung really failed at not sounding creepy, in Yoongi opinion. He paused, looking at Taehyung and Jungkook for a moment with a raised eyebrow.

“Well, it’s not really our fault” Jungkook began to defend “Fairies have one job each and once you finish that job for the day there’s not much we can do besides people watch or play or – I don’t know, sleep? But like some people are more interesting than others according to Ji-” he was cut off by a pillow flying across the room at him “What was that for?!” he yelled, head spinning to look at the couch

A beat and then “You were rambling” from Jimin, who for whatever reason was hiding

Jungkook moved to walk around the couch to quietly argue with the other. Yoongi was just really confused.

“So anyways” Taehyung continued, disregarding what the other two were doing “The point is we’re fairies and the rules are that if someone is unhappy with their life and we see fit we can bring said person back over here.”

“Sure” Yoongi nodded sarcastically “You are fairies. That makes sense”

Taehyung snorted “Cynical. I like it. no but seriously we are.”

“Prove it”

“Ok, go look out that window” Taehyung told him, proudly

Yoongi rolled his eyes, wondering to himself why he wasn’t freaking the out at all of this and instead just going with it. This is insane. But he finds himself walking to the window, sticking his head out and – he’s in a giant tree. There’s about two miles at least to the ground but there were huge butterflies fluttering around and Yoongi’s becoming more and more confused by the second.

“This is a normal tree” Taehyung said leaning over ledge next to where Yoongi stood. “And those aren’t big butterflies. They aren’t even butterflies, they’re fairies”

“Okay” Yoongi blinked “This is just a weird dream”

And that’s what he decided. If this was just a dream then he might as well go with it.

Taehyung hummed “If that’s what you want to believe then sure” he said, smiling. “Anyways you should meet Jimin he’s great and I can’t hang out right now cause our village leader want to chew me out because of something fun I did” he told him, patting Yoongi’s shoulder with more force than necessary before turning the both of them around to look at where Jungkook and Jimin were wrestling on the ground. “Jimin! Come take care of Yoongi while I’m gone please”

He watched Jimin pause in the middle of putting Jungkook into a head lock, his face immediately tinting to a bright shade of pink the moment their eyes met. Jimin was… pretty. Yoongi might even go as far as to say beautiful, with his plump lips, slightly drooping eyes and puffy cheeks. Not to mention the boy’s pink hair making him look soft enough that Yoongi kinda wanted to hug him. But that would have been weird. So he didn’t. Even if it was a dream.

“Um” Jimin paused, looking at him for a few beats “Hi”

“Hey” Yoongi greeted.

 There was another pause, before Jimin let Jungkook go from the hold he had him in. the two of them got up of the ground quickly after that, Jungkook following Taehyung to the door while Jimin stood awkwardly in the middle of the room.

“Would you like some tea? Or water?” he asked, rubbing his hand against the green shirt he was wearing “I have both” oh, he had such a pretty voice.

Yoongi smiled slightly, nodding his head “Either is fine” he said, sitting carefully down on one of the chairs, letting Jimin hurry away into the kitchen.

Jimin was an uncomfortable person, Yoongi thought to himself, not unpleasant just a little hard to talk to. Though he’s just met they ‘fairy’ so he’s not going to quite place judgement yet. He’s probably just shy, compared to the other two he’s met so far at least. He ponders for a moment, that this was the most vivid dream he’s ever had while he looks about the room. It was simple, two big chairs, the couch he was sitting on, a little coffee table. It connected to the kitchen where he could hear Jimin clinking around clumsily. Nothing really matched anything else and yet it all blended together seamlessly. There wasn’t Tv even a radio, which was… odd. But again, he doesn’t have much time to think about it as Jungkook jumps over the back of the couch, planting himself at the other end easily. He smiled at Yoongi, cheek placed casually against his propped fist.

“Taetae is gonna be in so much trouble” Jungkook giggled, swinging his legs lightly. “Wonder what his punishment is gonna be”

Jimin came back not even four seconds later with three mugs filled with steam coming from the top of it. “You shouldn’t laugh about that so much, it’s creepy” he told the other “What’re you a sadist?”

Jungkook let out a loud laugh, making Yoongi jump in surprise but also laugh to himself as well.

“Maybe” the kid said, taking one of the mugs from Jimin happily “just for Taehyung though”

“Ok, ew” Jimin said, handing Yoongi the other glass with a shy smile before turning to Jungkook “I don’t want to know about your guys’ kinks”

“Fairies have kinks?” Yoongi inquired, shocked

And Jimin came back with an immediate “Everyone has kinks. Ever seen a squirrel? Motherers are the kinkiest of-” he cut himself off head snapping over to look at Yoongi as if he’d only just remembered he was there before his face turned a deep red.

Now, if that wasn’t simultaneously the funniest and most adorable thing Yoongi’s ever seen, he doesn’t know what was. He found himself doubled over gripping the mug in his hand as he just lost it. Laughing so hard he thought his side was about to rupture. He heard Jungkook join in after a few moments, and then a new sound light and a little squeaky and cute. Yoongi took a few beats to catch his breath, still chuckling as he looked up to see Jimin laughing a long side with him and Jungkook.

Now, Yoongi doesn’t believe in love at first sight. He doesn’t. But love after five minutes of talking to someone… he might. Or he might just think this Jimin kid is the cutest ing thing in the world and honestly, it’s really too bad that this is just a crazy dream.

“God” he grinned, running his hand through his hair “Squirrels, huh?”

“Oh yeah” Jimin nodded, smiling his cute smile “You don’t even want to know what they actually use those nuts they store for winter for”

Yoongi guffaws, a loud strangled noise, hand coming up to rub over his eyes “Damn, I’m never going to get that thought out of my head, am I?”

Jimin scoffed good naturedly, rolling his eyes “Be happy you didn’t have to see it”

“Alright” Jungkook chuckled “Enough about kinks, please”

“You’re the one who brought it up” Yoongi deadpanned

Jungkook gasped, scandalized “I did no such thing” jabbing a finger in the pink haired man’s direction “He’s the one that brought it up”

“You said you wanted to see your boyfriend punished!” Jimin defended “I just… embellished a tiny bit”

And at that Yoongi snorted, shaking his lightly “This is wild, you kids are absolutely wild”

There was a pause “I’m older than you” Jimin said, taking a sip of his tea

“Really?” Yoongi scoffed “How old are you?”

Jimin paused, looking up at the ceiling touching the tip of his index finger to his lower lip in thought “Around a hundred twenty years old or so”

“A hundred twenty?!” Yoongi sputtered, glad he hadn’t taken a sip of tea yet “Are you in ting me? You look like a teenager!”

“I look like a twenty-two-year-old, thank you” Jimin pouted, crossing his arms “That’s the age I chose and I am sticking to it.”

Yoongi eyed him skeptically for a moment humming quietly in disbelief. “And how old is Jungkook then? Three hundred or some ?”

“Nineteen” Jungkook grinned “I’m not that old”

“You’re a in baby even by my standard” Yoongi exclaimed, ruffling his own hair “What the hell?”

“So, it’s like this” Jungkook said, scooting closer to explain “Basically, fairies age until they don’t want to anymore and they appear to be the age that they want to, like Jimin and Taehyungie were born the same year so they’ve been together all their lives and decided that they should both stop around the age of twenty-two, whereas some of the others decided that looking like a kid is more their style or alternatively some of them want to look like a million years old. Though they can look any age they wish to look as long as it’s not older than their actual age. Right, Jimin?”

“Something like that” Jimin hummed, leaning back in his chair “You forgot that Taehyung decided he would” Jimin lifted his hand for finger quotes “age with you” he lowered his hand again “So, there that”

“So, sense you chose to look twenty-two and I’m twenty-four, I’m older.” Yoongi drawled “But-”

“I wasn’t born a fairy” Jungkook answered the question forming on Yoongi’s tongue “Taehyung brought me over here when I was like, I dunno, five? I don’t remember much but like I know I like it here better, even if it did take me ten years to earn my fairy title”

Yoongi paused, face going blank for a moment “Dude, I in’ remember that” he stated, laughing in disbelief “When I was nine this kid I knew went missing, his face was like on milk cartons and . Jeon or something”

“Yup” Jungkook popped the p for emphasis, grinning “Sounds about right”

“If you were so young why’d the dude take you?”

Jimin sighed, setting his cup down “I can probably answer that the best”

❁❁❁❁❁❁

It was spring 2002, and Jimin had just gotten home from a long day of bloom duty ready to nap. He’d been up since before the sun, making sure all the flower buds on the trees were opening properly. It was harder work than it sounded, with at least 100 buds on every tree and one fairy for every 15 trees with there being over 200 trees. The sun was already past it’s midway in the sky by the time he’d finished and he was just so tired. The only thing that would prevent him from getting into bed and passing right the out was if his best friend waltzed through the door. Which of ing course Taehyung did, with a huge boxy grin and paints slathered all over his tan skin (he was in charge of coloring the flowers and bugs that year) with a yell of “Park Jimin guess what the humans built!” and a tackled hug.

Jimin, for whatever godforsaken reason, can never bring himself to say no to his best friend. So, when Taehyung suggested to go people watching at a new park built near their forest Jimin was… hesitant (parks are a dangerous place, as younger kids are more likely to spot them) but he went anyways if only to make sure that Taehyung wasn’t snatched or worse. They found a leaf that was high enough to be hidden but low enough to watch, and sat down with a bag of dried berry bits between them so they could snack.

It took hours for anything to actually catch Taehyung’s attention, the two of them just chatting, but the moment Taehyung’s eyes saw this little kid with big eyes and both front teeth missing, he was smitten.

“I just don’t see what’s so wrong with painting a ladybug a different color than re- Oh my god Jimin!” he’d cut himself off, shaking the shorter man’s shoulder roughly “Look at that kid! He’s the most adorable in’ thing in the whole world”

Jimin raised a brow at his friend, but relented after another few slaps to his chest.

That was the beginning of a very exhausting adventure.

✾✾✾

It took a few weeks of watching the kid (“This is stalking Taehyung.” “ you Jimin, let me live”) they’d learned his name was Jungkook from the single kid that played with him. Jimin pondered why only one kid, who was obviously a few years older than him, would be the one to play every once in a while. They’d only heard his name once “Yooni” as Jungkook called him, Jimin assumed he was mispronouncing it.

Every other day for months, Taehyung would make Jimin go with him to spy on this poor kid, and Jimin never protested. It occurred to him that his best friend might be a little obsessed with ‘Kookie’ as Taehyung started calling him when they’d started following the kid home. They always sat outside his window, Taehyung happily humming and watching Jungkook do his thing. Sometimes, if Taehyung felt venturous, he’d leave a quarter in random places for Jungkook to find. Jimin thinks it was the only times he saw the little boy smile besides at the park.

It wasn’t until Jimin had to change jobs in the summer, having to work in the late afternoons to near the middle of the night (Being a fire wrangler was fun, if you had a partner to help make sure it didn’t get out of hand) did Jimin stop going with Taehyung to check on Jungkook. Which was fine for a while. Taehyung kept him more updated on the kid than he probably needed. It made Jimin laugh actually, to see Taehyung rant about how the boys front teeth were ‘So big Jimin, he looks like a rabbit’ and how he’s growing at a steady pace.

The fall was about where things started… changing. Jimin didn’t know what had happened, but Taehyung started coming back bristled, a crease between his brow that Jimin only saw when he pulled a job he despised from the job bin. It was an odd thing for Taehyung to ever look anything besides relaxed. And it was even odder that he’d stopped rambling about how Jungkook was doing every time he came back from watching him. Sometimes Jimin would ask how the kid was doing only making the crease in Taehyung’s forehead grow deeper and a blunt response of ‘He’s in the first grade now’ or ‘alive’ which was… disconcerting. Jimin stopped asking, instead opting to try to distract his friend from whatever was bothering him.

“in! Jimin!” Taehyung shouted, faceplanting into Jimin’s couch ungracefully “Park Jimin!”

“What!” Jimin yelled back from where he sat in the arm chair a few feet away

Taehyung looked at him, making a loud whining noise before mumbling into the fabric of the couch “I have a meeting with Namjoon tomorrow”

“Why?” Jimin asked, narrowing his eyes at the thought that Taehyung wanted to go up to the court and talk to their leader formally instead of just talking to him normally like usual

“I wanna bring Jungkook” Taehyung groaned “I hate doing formal but Jimin! I gotta”

Jimin furrowed his brow, wondering what was happening to the shy kid they’d seen to make Taehyung want to literally take him to a different world.

✾✾

“Kim Taehyung” the village leader laughed, shaking his head in surprise “Never thought I’d see you in up here in court for something besides getting in trouble for something stupid. What’s up dude?”

“Kim Namjoon, we’re one of each other’s best friends, right?” Taehyung asked seriously looking up with earnest eyes

Namjoon raised an eyebrow “Well, yeah”

“Keep in mind that you know me, and that we’re such close friends, ok?” Taehyung told him “I have a request”

Namjoon hesitated, never having seen Taehyung so serious in the whole time they’d known each other “What is it?” he asked slowly

Taehyung shifted his weight from one foot to the other a couple times, a nervous habit “I want to bring a human over. Like permanently”

Namjoon blinked a few times, looking at the younger friend in shock “You want to… bring a human?” Taehyung nodded “Why?”

“I-” Taehyung stuttered, clearing his throat “He’s just a kid, I wanna protect him from the people he has to live with. I don’t feel he’s safe”

Namjoon hummed, looking at Taehyung for a moment “Do you love him?”

“Do I-” Taehyung’s head snapped up to properly look at the leader, cheeks tinting “I think… I think I could love him, once he’s grown up”  

“Well,” Namjoon sighed “I guess you’re in accordance to all the laws then. Are you sure Tae? You can only bring one human in your whole life”

“I’m sure” Taehyung nodded grin breaking on his face. “Thank you Joonie”

✾✾

Taehyung did it that night, turning into the red fox as he should every time he actually makes a real appearance in the human world (Everyone has their own animal form) and Jimin wasn’t too sure how Taehyung was able to lure Jungkook out of his bed in the middle of the night and out into the open, where he then followed Taehyung into the woods.

Now, when Jungkook woke up the next day he cried, and cried, and cried. He was five, sue him. For some reason Taehyung thought that becoming a seven-year-old would calm him down “It’ll also be less weird to date him when he’s older if I age with him” Taehyung insisted, Jimin didn’t disagree. and seven-year-old Taehyung did somehow help the poor kid, who had just been taken from all he ever knew into the fairy world, feel better. After about ten minutes of explaining and having their other friend Jin appointed as Jungkook’s new guardian there was only one thing that seemed to bother Jungkook.

“Whattabout Yooni?” he’d asked tilting his head “Can’t jus’ leave ‘im”

Jimin sighed, patting the kids head “I can keep an eye on him for you if you would like that?”

Jungkook grinned, nodding his head excitedly and god, his teeth really were big, just like a bunny.

❁❁❁❁❁❁

“Did you have to end that story by insulting me?” Jungkook frowned “Also? You made Taehyung sound creepy”

“Ok, first, Taehyung was creepy. You’re just seeing it through rose colored glasses” Jimin stated “Two, I need to insult you every chance I get now that you’re taller than me”

Yoongi brows scrunched as he raised his hand up “Question”

“Yes, I was forced to spy on you by a kid for the past 14 years” Jimin answered “That’s what you were gonna ask, right?”

“Partially” Yoongi snorted “but also, you said something about laws”

Jungkook nodded “Yeah the laws are-”

“Unimportant” Jimin interrupted, smacking Jungkook with a pillow “Taehyung was freelancing with you I dunno what he was doing” he let out a strained laugh, Yoongi could tell he was lying “No one even found out he went and got you ‘till you were here”

“I mean” Jungkook paused “I knew”

“You don’t count” Jimin scoffed “You and Taehyung are practically the same person”

Jungkook feigned offense, hand coming to cover his heart in mock offense “Ouch”

Yoongi’s sure the two of them could have gone on for hours in the back and forth argument about who knows what, but there was a rattle at the window, causing all three of them to turn to look back at the one Yoongi was peering out earlier. There was a man climbing through the window as if it were the most casual thing in the world calling out a “Hey Jimin, do you know what-” pausing only when he looked up meeting eyes with Yoongi “Um?”

“Taehyung” the three seated men chorused in sync

And the man just seemed to accept it, mouth forming a ‘o’ as he finished making his way through the window.

“What do you want Hoseok?” Jimin inquired whilst motioning for him to sit

“Well,” Hoseok laughed “I was coming to ask if you know why Namjoon called Taehyung to court but…” he trailed off, motioning at Yoongi “Sup Human?”

“Sup fairy” Yoongi snorted, rolling his eyes as the man started laughing again

Hoseok chuckled loudly, shaking his head “You’re calm dude, I like it”

“Yeah well” Yoongi shrugged “They haven’t killed me yet so…”

“That’s surprising” Hoseok grinned reaching his hand out “I’m Jung Hoseok, resident, I dunno, drunk uncle friend”

“Oh, Great those roles exist here too” Yoongi found himself chuckling as he shook the other’s hand “Min Yoongi, resident, kidnapped… guy…”

“Good title” Hoseok nodded decisively “I wouldn’t call myself that but, up to you”

The conversation turned to the fairies squabbling about whether or not Jungkook and Taehyung were the same person and it was, a normal conversation, not exactly what Yoongi would expect from fairies. But all he knew about fairies was what he’d picked up on his grandmother’s ramblings, so, he didn’t know much.

❁❁❁❁❁❁

No one was surprised when they were called to the court that Taehyung was being judged at. And no one was surprised that Taehyung had a big grin on his face while sitting on the ground in the middle of the court room. Yoongi was confused but not surprised. He shoved his hands deep into his leather jacket’s pockets, straining the fabric and making it squeak against his movements, as he made his way in front of the guy with purple hair that he assumed to be Namjoon from the stories.

“I just got there” Hoseok complained following behind Jimin “Why am I being brought here too?”

Hoseok’s complaints fell on def ears as Taehyung introduced Yoongi to Namjoon casually. Namjoon had to cover his face in disappointment, or fondness, Yoongi wasn’t sure, maybe both.

“So, uh, As Taehyung just said I’m Namjoon, the town leader, or whatever” Namjoon laughed slightly to himself, trying to shake off his awkwardness “I’m sorry for Taehyung, he’s a little bit of a strange one” Yoongi just shrugged, having figured that out fairly quickly “But, I’ve heard his side of the story and I can see where he was coming from but now I need another side so I need to talk to both Yoongi and Jimin separately.”

“Me?” Jimin half way gasped “I had nothing to do with this!”

“Not that you know of” Namjoon told him “Which is why I need to talk to you, follow me”

Poor Jimin’s face was just that of puzzlement as he followed Namjoon into a back room.

“You know what’s weird?” Taehyung yawned, laying down flat on the ground “I didn’t even need to use magic to get Yoongi to follow me.”

“Really?” Hoseok asked, raising an eyebrow

And Yoongi chuckled “Yeah, I was like, ‘oh, a fox’ and just kinda went with it”

Jungkook stifled a laugh at that, nodding out a “Fair enough”

But Namjoon and Jimin were back faster than Yoongi would have anticipated, Jimin coming out with a redder face than he went in with, pouting as he kicked Taehyung in the rib lightly. Muttering a “I hate you” as he did.

“Yoongi” Namjoon called, motioning for them to go into the same room. “Follow please?”

And Yoongi followed, what else was he to do? Besides it was a dream so he might as well follow the flow. Namjoon waited for him at the door, both walking through it together. And it wasn’t a back room to the court room like he had assumed after all, instead it leads out to a garden with a walking path, twisting and winding around open up to the skies where men and women were gliding around on butterfly wings. It was breathtaking. Yoongi’s not an outdoorsy guy but damn, if all gardens looked like this he’d be happy to walk through more.

“So, I dunno what all they told you” Namjoon sighed, punching the bridge of his nose “But whatever it was, it probably wasn’t the whole story”

Yoongi scoffed slightly “They didn’t tell me anything about why I’m here besides the fact that I was unhappy”

“Really?” Namjoon raised an eyebrow “Nothin?”

“Nope,” Yoongi shook his head “Nada”

“Ok, so I should let you know our laws” Namjoon sighed “And I don’t know if it’s my place to say but someone has to say it, so” he rolled his wrist “The laws are that each fairy can only bring one human here in their whole life, they can only bring the human is unhappy or in what they believe is danger. The human also needs a fairy to, well, a human in order to both shrink and survive here needs to have a fairy to be in love with them, so the fact that you’re here in general tells you something” now, at this point, Yoongi’s sure this is the weirdest dream he’d ever had “And that fairy isn’t Taehyung sense Taehyung is whipped as for Jungkook, so really that only leaves one guy who knew about you so… yeah Jimin”

Yoongi’s not sure if he stumbled over a rock or his shoe lace or if the news that such a cute boy was apparently in love with him made him forget how to function but he found himself falling onto the stone path, catching himself with his hands just before his face hit. He sat there for a moment in shock, not because he tripped but because there was a stinging pain traveling up both his arms, the kind of pain that reminds you that you’re still alive and definitely not dreaming.

Suddenly this was real, fairies were real, he was taken by the Fae. And the cutest fairy he’d ever seen was in love with him.

Namjoon helped him up, asking if he was ok, all that. Which weirdly he was ok, with everything. He gave Namjoon a smile, a genuine big smile and told Namjoon that he was fine and that he was ok with Jimin being in love with him and so on and so forth.  

“Everything is settled then” Namjoon yelled as soon as the door leading back into the court room had opened yelling out orders as they walked back in “Jimin, you’ve gotta mentor Yoongi ‘till he earns his wings, Taehyung as punishment you’re on pollen duty for the next three summers, the rest of you, I honestly do not care, I don’t even know why you’re here”

Jungkook and Hoseok started whining out protests about how they were unappreciated, which fell on def ears yet again.

❁❁❁❁❁❁

“I’m…” Jimin croaked out bowing his head as they made their way outside “so sorry”

And Yoongi laughed, shaking his head “It’s fine don’t stress about it kid”

“I’m-”

“A hundred years older than me I know” Yoongi smiled pinching the fairy’s cheeks “But with a face as cute as yours I can’t help but to call you a kid”

Yoongi was a loner since he was a kid, only having one friend until he disappeared (And apparently became a fairy?) so once he lost that friend he became a recluse, which Jimin probably knew if he’d been watching for 14 years. he’s surprised he can interact so freely.

Jimin pouted at him, blush rising steadily “Still it’s just, I dunno, awkward” he shrugged “Sorry my best friend literally kidnapped you just because I got a crush”

“I don’t mind” Yoongi hummed, grinning “I mean, who wouldn’t want a cute and funny fairy to have a crush on them? Who knows, maybe sometime I’ll have a crush on you”

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------

If you enjoyed leave a comment!! Look forward to part 2!!