Part Four.

Rosy Cheeks

PART FOUR


Your hands slide down your sides, flattening out any wrinkles in your fitted dress. You stand in the washroom, completely ready for the evening. You wear a burgundy cocktail dress with just the right amount of bling, it’s neckline is low and it has charming off the shoulder cap sleeves. Your makeup is done nicely and your hair is curled with a little piece pulled back.
Your one hand grabs ahold of the key around your neck. You smile viewing the accessory in the mirror.

“Y/N!” your friends call your name from the living room. You exit the washroom and head to the living room.
“Oh wow” they say in awe seeing you all ready. Today is New Year’s eve. The three of your friends are staying in, and as much as you’d enjoy to spend the night with them, you have better places to be.
“He’s here” the eldest of the three friends gestures out the window.
“Okay” you breath in. “I’ll see you guys later” you bid them goodbye, sliding a pair of black high heeled ankle boots on over your barely noticeable nylons.
You open the door and step out onto the snow dusted pavement. You skip up to the car.
“Hi” you greet Daniel.
“You look- stunning” he compliments.
“Thank you, you look dashing yourself” you playfully compliment him back.
Although you still haven’t stated your feelings for him, you sure aren’t trying to hide them. Even though you rejected him a few weeks back, you’re almost certain he’s forgiven that since tonight is what you’re considering a date.
He begins driving and you admire him from the passenger's seat.


After a half an hour drive you reach wear he’s taking you. When you made plans he said nothing about where he was taking you, all he said was to dress formally, so at this very moment you’re shocked.
He parks and quickly gets out of the car. Before you can do anything, he’s already opening your door. You get out of the car and finally get a good look at him. His hair is pushed back, and he wears a nicely fitted suit with his jacket undone. The top two buttons of his dress shirt are undone. Over all he looks good. Damn good.
He smiles at you. Reaching forward he grabs ahold of your hand, linking your fingers with his as he leads you into the luxurious building.
An older man greets the two of you, leading you both to an elevator and once on the right floor, to a dining table for two.
You take your seat that the man pulled out for you. Your eyes look out the window next to you and at the beautiful city skyline at night.
You spend the next couple of hours chatting and eating a delicious meal. You’re more than appreciative. You weren’t expecting him to treat you to something like this. After finishing your meals and talking casually with one another for a little while, you collectively decide to leave and take a walk through the nearby park.


He parks in a nearby lot. “I’m blessed to be spending this evening with somebody as beautiful as you”
You smile at his words and intertwine your fingers with his.
Together you both walk into the park.
The paths are brightly lit by the city surrounding it and the many street lights lining the sides.
He pulls you closer to him and swings the both of you to a seat on a small park bench.
He looks at his watch and you notice him smirk.
“Y/N-” he starts. You watch him take a small note out of his suit pocket. He holds the paper out to you. Gingerly you slide the paper from his fingers.
Opening the note you begin reading.

 

Y/N,


I want you to know how beautiful you are, how much you mean to me. I know you’ve rejected me, but my feelings for you haven’t and won’t change.
That key you wear around your neck represents something to me. It represents the key to my heart… I know it’s cheesy, but it’s true...
I gave it to you, because, my heart is here for you. You have the key and you’re welcome to come into my heart whenever you please.
I will continue to love you, with or without love from you in return. Please keep the key as it can represent my love as a whole that is yours. And remember, you’re the only one who can open my heart.


I love you,
Daniel.

 

You stare at the paper and at the words scribbled over it.
“Daniel-” you speak, your eyes still looking over the paper.
He looks to you, his nerves showing over his expression.
“Can I use this key now?” you place your palm over the key around neck. His eyes widen.
“Can I come in?” you playfully try and confess.
“Um-” he’s in shock, clearly.
“Daniel, I like you- a lot” you watch a smile grow over his lips. “And maybe I just didn’t realize it at first or maybe these feelings have developed since knowing you, but, it doesn’t matter, what does though, is that, I like you-” his smiles grows larger as you speak.
“I really like you”
His eyes look between your eyes and your lips. You smile slightly as he leans in. Gently he places his lips to yours. You kiss his back. It’s warm and it’s a sweet feeling. A loveful feeling.
Pulling away from the kiss in unison he says your name softly. You both flinch startled by the loud booms of fireworks that sound in the sky near by to signify it’s midnight.
“Talk about fireworks” he chuckles making a joke. You giggle before placing your lips back against his softly. He takes your top lip between his. The perfect New Years kiss.
His one hand holds your waist while the other cups your warm cheek. Gently you pull away, your lip still lingering between his for a second while you do so.
“I love you” he states.
A smile grows over your just kissed lips.
“I think, I love you too” you says sweetly. And at this very second, you’ve never seen him smile larger than now.
“I love you” you whisper before he pecks your lips sweetly in reply to your confession.
“I told you, ‘next year; we’ll spend together’”
So that’s what he meant. Together; as a couple.
“And you’re right, we will” you smile. He pulls you into a warm elongated hug. Again, you don’t want to let go.
Loosening the grip but not letting go he leans back to look at you.
“Your cheeks-”
“Are rosy?” you finish his sentence.
“Yeah” he giggles.
“It’s because of you” you admit to your blushing.
“I know” he smiles the ever so charming smile of his.
“You know?”
“I make you flustered, of course I know that” he smirks, kissing your forehead.
“Daniel-”
“Though it doesn’t matter; whether it’s from the cool air or from me, what matters is that I find it ridiculously cute” he kisses your very warm and probably very pink cheek. You giggle a little.
“I find you really cute” you speak, burying your face into his neck and shoulder.
He scoffs a boyish giggle.
“Daniel-” you look up to him as he exhales heavily. “What?” you question his sigh.
“I’m just thinking”
“About?” you question.
“:Just how you and your rosy cheeks made me fall in love so easy from the start” he answers with a smile. You giggle and he kisses your nose.
“It’s all because those damn rosy cheeks