When Love Died

I would

A/N: This just a side story. I got inspired writing this one because of D&E's song "Still You". Hope you enjoy this one. 

 

AUTHOR's POV

"Hyung, she's here!! She's back." Henry said excitedly as he entered the cafe that morning~

"Oh~ so the is back, so what are your plans now?" Donghae asked calmly as he placed the chocolate cake inside the display freezer.

"Hyung, dont call her a ~" Henry defended. "Seriously, I'm still thinking if my plans would work."

"You know what mochi, the very first thing you should do is to talk to her. Talk about what happened between the two of you, fix it if it's still possible." Hae suggested.

Henry sighed. "That's included in the list hyung, so please wish me luck."

"May the odds be with you mochi. I'm just~", Hae wasnt able to finish what he was about to say when a couple entered the cafe and saw a familiar face that made his heart stop~

"Oppa, i heard their teas are the best, lets try it, hmm?" The girl said to the guy who was wearing a beannie and a red plaid polo shirt as they walked towards the counter. The guy's eyes were stuck at their menu board but after he saw a familiar face behind the counter, shock was traced in his face.

"Oh, hey, w-what are you doing here?" Hyukjae asked Donghae.

"I own this place. Its been a long time Hyukkie" Hae answered, a hint of sadness was mirrored in his voice.

"Yeah~ it's been a long time~" Hyuk said avoiding his eyes.

"You two know each other? Oppa, why you didn't tell me?" the girl in, linking her arms with Hyukjae~

"Your girl?" Hae asked calmly.

Hyuk didn't replied.

"Hi, I'm Jieun, his girl~ nice meeting you~" the girl barged in again and introduced herself to Donghae smiling~

Donghae felt something pricked inside his chest.

"N-nice meeting you Jieun", Hae was stuttering~ "uhm, will you please excuse me, I need to do something inside. Mochi, please assist them to their table and get their order, ara?"

Mochi, confused, attented to Hyuk and Jieun's orders.

Hae avoided Hyuk's glance as he went inside his office.

~~~

"I cant believe I saw him again, after 5 years~ after 5 long years of being separated, why did our paths have to cross again? What does our fate want to happen?"

Donghae sat on his chair and pulled out his phone and browsed a hidden folder.

"Same face, same scent, same Hyukjae that I used to know."

He sighed as he turn on the one-way blinds in his office to secretly throw glances at him.

"It seems like he's happy with her~"

He saw them outside, having their cup of tea. He was smiling at her.

"That smile belonged to me before, i was the reason of his smile, but now, its because of her. Why does it feels like it just happen yesterday? All the pain came back~"

He placed his hand on his chest and silently sobbed while staring at him.

"I thought I already moved on, I thought I was ok, but I'm wrong, I still miss him, I still love you Lee Hyukjae"
And tears started to blur his vision.

~~~

"Oppa, say aaaah~" Jieun offered a piece of cake to Hyukjae~

"Stop it Jieun~", Hyuk said to her. "Why do you have to tell him that?"

"Oppa, why do you act differently?" she looked down and acted like a child.

"What are you talking about?" he told her, puzzled.

"I oftenly say that when someone asks you if I was your girl, and you dont protest at all, no objections~ not until now~" she started to coax him.

"You know clearly that you're not my girl. Jieun,  listen to me, i'm really sorry but i only see you as my younger sister, so dont put any malice on the things i do for you, i already told that to you before~"

"But you told me you love me~" she pouted.

"I love you Jieun,  I love you coz i care for you like a brother loving his younger sister." He smiled at her.

"At least you still love me." she said with a tone of a stubborn little girl.

"You silly~" hyukjae laughed.

~~~

Late that night, after Henry, Heechul, Sungmin and Leeteuk's first performance, Donghae was staring blankly somewhere and Henry noticed it and approached him.

"Yow hyung, what's wrong? You're acting so different today.." Henry clinked a glass of brandy with him.

"Hmm? Oh, just nothing..." he answered as he drank his brandy in one shot.

"Oh come on hyung, dont be unfair, i smell something fishy." Henry bumped his shoulder with him playfully. "Come on, tell me."

"It's because of..." Hae was cut out when Teukie in~

"Hyukkie, he's the reason right Lee Donghae?" Teuk abruptly said.

"I didn't noticed you were coming hyung." Henry told him.

"Coz i'm an angel, no body notices when will i pop out mochi." He beams a smile showing his famous dimple.

"Ne hyung, he's here a while ago, with his girl." Hae looked down to his drink.

"H-hey wait, what's going on here, What's with you and Hyukkie hyung?" Henry stared at them with aconfused look. "I dont get it."

"Hyukjae was Donghae's past lover." Heechul said as he approached the 3 of them.

"What?!" Henry blurted out.

Donghae was still staring at his glass playing with the ice cubes.

"They were together for a very long time, then suddenly, something changed Hyukjae and broke up with him." Teukie added.

"Okey i still have to absorb this." Henry was still confused. "Hyung, is he the reason why you still dont have a girl?"

"Maybe. I dont know, i guess i'm sick. I thought I already moved on but when I saw him a while ago, i realized that It's still him. I'm still into him mochi." Hae fired back.

"Then do something hyung" Henry suggested.

Hae shaked his head. "He'll only avoid me, every 1 step I take towards him, he takes 2 steps away from me. You get that mochi." Hae sighed.

"But hyung...." Henry murmured.

"No buts mochi, this is my problem, i'll get through this. mind your own, i know your situation's harder." Hae managed to flash a smile.

Henry nodded.

"Yah! Mochi! Teukie hyung! Heechul hyung! Come up here, 2nd set is ready." Sungmin yelled from the stage.

And the 3 went up and they sang "For Thousand Days".

Donghae was left there, at the table, thinking about Hyukkie~

The last line in the song kept on repeating inside his head~
~Daeum sesangeseorado uri dashineun mannajimayo~
다음 세상에서라도 우리 다시는 만나지마요~
(Even in next life, Let's not meet again...)

"Hyukkie, i wish i havent met you~"

~~~~~~~

HYUKJAE's POV

"You may now kiss the bride." 
The pastor announced and everyone stood up to welcome the newly weds. So do i, i stood up and give them a warm applause. But what is this feeling? I cant understand this, am i sad seeing other people get married? But why?

"Oppa are you crying?" Jieun noticed me wipe something at the corners of my eyes.

"A-aniya, i'm not crying Jieun-ah" i defended, but of course i was lying, i feel my inner self cry inside me. The last time i felt this way was THAT day. The day i told him i'm leaving him~

~~~

It was raining hard that day and I received a message from him, a usual morning greeting~

from: Hae <3
08-10-2010 7:15:21am

Good morning hyukkie <3 i love you~

~

Then I replied minutes after.

~

to: Hae <3
08-10-2010 7:45:30am

Good morning~

~

And after that message a not-so-long conversation started between us.

~

from: Hae <3
08-10-2010 7:47:12am

How's your sleep babe? <3

~

to: Hae <3
08-10-2010 7:55:14am

Just fine~

~

from: Hae <3
08-10-2010 7:57:03am

Babe, can i ask you something?

~

to: Hae <3
08-10-2010 8:14:21am

What?

~

from: Hae <3
08-10-2010 8:16:12am

I just noticed something these past few weeks~ dont get mad ok?
Are still happy?

~

His question ringed something inside me~

~

to: Hae <3
08-10-2010 8:18:am

I guess I'm not happy anymore, but i'm trying~

~

from: Hae <3
08-10-2010 08:21:12am

Ouch babe that hurts~ please dont make my nightmare come to life, please~

~

It took me some time to response to him, and i guess that was the very last message i sent to him~

~

to: Hae <3
08-10-2010 10:24:12am

Babe, you know i loved you right? I really did~ for the past 6 years i loved you trully. 
But i felt something change. And i dont want to feel any guilt with myself anymore. My love for you faded, and these past weeks i was trying to get back the feeling i once had for you, but i cant find it anymore~ it died Hae~
i realized that what we had was not right. I want to have a family, i wanna have kids. My own kids, you get what i mean right? It's my dream Hae~ hope you understand.
I know my decision will hurt you.
Thank you babe for the love, but I'm so sorry Hae, i cant reciprocate the love you're giving me. And that would be unfair for you~
I'm really sorry i have to do this~
Take care of yourself~

-H

~

After sending that to him, i never received any messaage from him aside from this one~

~

from: Hae <3
08-10-2010 3:07:21pm

Please Stay~

~

And i didn't replied. After reading that, i felt an urge to cry. Why i do feel so sad? Was my decision wrong? Does this prove i still love him?

~~~~~

"Oppa, gwaenchana?" Jieun caught my attention. "Is there something wrong?"

I shook my head, "nothing, just remembered something".

"What oppa? A girl? Your past lover?" She pouted.

She got no reply from me.

"I knew it, it was your past lover. What kind of girl is she? Why cant you forget her? She's indeed lucky coz you cant get over her even after 5 years. You still love her, dont you?" She sighed.

It felt like her words stabbed me. Do i still love Hae? Is it wrong that I left him?

~~~~~~~

DONGHAE's POV

 "2 more days and I'll see her again, will she accept you again?", I heard Henry murmur this words as he was staring at the window so i decided to come near him.

 "Just pray mochi, believe that she still have feelings for you~ fight for what you feel, or else we'll end up having the same story. Talk to her, ne?" I tapped his shoulder and he smiled a bit.

 "Ne hyung, i'll try to convince her to talk to me, i miss her hyung~ i'll try my best to get her back" I can see hope in his eyes as he said those words. This guy's indeed smitten by that girl.

 "That's the spirit mochi. Let's get back to work?" I hand him a folder that holds a lyric sheet.

 He seemed puzzled. "What's this hyung?"

 "My composition, i want you to perform that tonight, will you? Oh by the way, here's the demo tape. Listen to it~" i gave him the recorder and with no hesitations, he listened to it as he stare at the lyric sheet.

 As I was staring at him, and knowing his own story, I remember how we started Hyukkie, but i wish them not to have a story like us, a story that ended up so soon, a story that didn't last..

 After listening to it, he stood up hugged me, "It's so beautiful hyung, it's a great honor to perform such a master piece. What's the title?"

 "Ajikdo nan~"

 Still you Lee Hyukjae~ It's still you~