introduction

idiots of the internet

he couldn't sleep all night, not because insomnia was taking over him, or because his stomach was stuffed with his mother's famous mandus, but because he was talking to somebody, well texting is the better word here, he was basically on cloud 9. every single time he chats with him his mood transfers from rock bottom to the top within seconds. chanyeol got to know him through the anonymous chat rooms that his best friend -jongin- told him about, he was a bit hesitant to try it at first, however, one day when he was free, and jongin was too busy for him that week since he was practicing for his upcoming fencing competition, he realized how dull and nonadventurous his life actually was, he also realized that he literally had no other friends except for jongin which was okay with him UNTIL jongin gets busy, and so he decided to do it and download that app, which by the way is a chatting app that allows you to chat with anyone around the world anonymously without any personal information about anyone, so people log in with their nicknames and passwords only.

basically, the app works on the "interests" function where you can put the things that interest you such as hobbies and stuff, and it automatically matches you with people that have similar interests as you, so he downloaded the app, signed up with his nickname "eggyeolk", and that was how he got to meet trianglelips.

 

trianglelips was actually the first person on the app that chanyeol got to chat with, which is why it was super awkward for him at first, contrary of trianglelips whom he got to know that he has been using this app for quite some time, which explains his relaxation when texting the newbie.

it's been almost 2 months since it all started, and like this chanyeol found himself little by little drowned by the trianglelips unique and lively personality.

While in the same house, on the opposite of chanyeol's room, behind the doors, a certain someone lied on his bed facing the same problem of not falling asleep and for the same reason, baekhyun, who goes by the nickname of trianglelips on the anonymous chat rooms app, was smiling dumbly to the screen while texting his 2 month's chatting companion, whom he would like to think that he was more than just a companion, however, he would never voice that out to him or even ask him to meet, since both of them know that the reason why they downloaded that app was to talk to people anonymously to save themselves the people's judgmental -good for nothing- opinions, and for that, during the last 2 months they chatted, none of them asked to meet or hang out in person, even though baekhyun was dying to do that sometimes.

 

from: eggyeolk

"gotta go.. bathroom break 😖😖"

 

to: eggyeolk

" it's already too late so let's end it for today"

"I want to go grab something to eat anyways"

 

chanyeol read the text and smiled to himself

 

to: trianglelips

"ok then... talk to you laterrr

good night 😴 ".

 

from: trianglelips

" night yeolk 😊 "

 

chanyeol saw the text then got up heading to the bathroom, he opened the door slowly trying his best not make any noise in order to not wake anyone up, he got out and turned around to close his room door slowly and carefully after him, he flinched when he heard a door closing harshly right behind him, confused as he was sure that that was not his door, he turned around to be face to face with his one and only beloved stepbrother, baekhyun, who occupied the room at the end of the corridor right across of his own room, he frowned at his brother who was making a resting face at him, he then mouthed "what the hell" with a gesture, baekhyun rolled his eyes and mouthed " what?" with a shoulder shrug, chanyeol pointed his finger down stairs to indicate to his parent's room while mouthing " mom and dad will wake up, you idiot!" emphasizing the last part with a hand fist gesture, baekhyun didn't waver at all at his giant stepbrother's offences as he shrugged with a hushed "whatever"  then continued his way towards the stares going down to his destination.

 

chanyeol secretly cursed him not wanting a fight to happen at 2 am in the morning, he didn't want to ruin his good mood because of that midget, all that he wanted to do that moment was to go to the bathroom then sleep in order to talk to trianglelips when he wakes up tomorrow.

 so without wasting a single minute he rushes to the bathroom downstairs since the one on the second floor has been broken for a few days now -seriously he needs to remind his parents to fix it-.

he finishes his deed quickly then gets out in a hurry to his room, then unexpectedly he smells something that whets his appetite, almost drooling at the smell he decides to ignore his need to sleep and instead goes to the kitchen.

in front of him is his older stepbrother holding a big sized cooker, baekhyun was holding the cooker tightly in his hands as his eyes landed on the taller whose eyes never left the beautiful smell's source.

"what do you want?" baekhyun interrupts the silence -knowing exactly what the giant wants- as he almost hugs the extremely hot cooker to his torso, "that's my ramyun" he continues "go make one yourself".

and right then it clicks to chanyeol as he averts his shocked eyes from the cooker to baekhyun's one then to the cupboard where his mom normally puts the instant ramyun in. he rushes to check it out but finds nothing, "that's not yours!!" he raises his voice at the older, totally forgetting about his sound asleep parents, "I bought it today to myself because we had no ramyun!" he continues emphasizing 'myself' more than the rest of the sentence. "how could you steel it like that !?"

Baekhyun looks at him unbelievably and scoffs, “well guess what, dumb giraffe, the ramyon was inside the FAMILY cupboard in the FAMILY kitchen, so you have no right to order me not to eat it~” he reposted in a triumphed tone. As he put the cooker on the kitchen table, then held his chopsticks and started digging in, without giving any attention or care to the dumfounded guy standing next to him.

 Fuming with anger, chanyeol clenched his fist then hit the table near the cooker furiously “but i bought it with my own money for me to eat not you!”

Baekhyun chocked on his food and jerked by the sudden bang near him then stood up right a way to face the taller and shouted angrily at his face “YAH! YOU SHOULD’VE PUT IT IN YOUR ROOM THEN NOT HERE, YOU IDIOT” spitting salvia all over chanyeol’s face causing the taller to shut his eyes and mouth tightly.

“that’s it,” chanyeol said “I’m taking the ramyun right now” he reached for the cooker hurriedly, however, before fully taking over it he felt a smaller hand grabbing on his wrist tightly, preventing him from achieving his purpose.

“you are not taking my ramyun” baekhyun said between gritted teeth.

“first, it’s not yours and second, watch me do it” he pushed the smaller’s hand away and took the cooker by its handles.

However, baekhyun also reached for the cooker and held it form the opposite side of chanyeol then pulled it to his side.

“GIVE IT!”

“hell no!” chanyeol said as he pulled it to his side once again with more force this time.

 And just like that the poor cooker kept on going back and forth between the stepbrothers with more force everytime, until …

“BOYS! What the hell is going on!?” their mother was right there by the kitchen door’s frame, fuming with anger and obviously not pleased with what’s in front of her.

The boys were taken by surprise by their mother’s sudden appearance, and as a reflex both of them loosened their tight on the cooker’s handles causing it to drop right in front of them on the clean floor.

Silence…

None of the boys were able to speak a word or move an inch, they were basically froze in their spot, not daring to even glance at their mom, both of them knew that they will be dead if they said anything, even when their feet were burning from the mediately hot water, adding to that, their mother’s silence which was hella terrifying.

5 min latter :

Both brothers were sitting at the edge of the bath tub, while their feet were inside the tub as cold water cooled them, they didn’t speak or even glanced at each other, probably because of a mixture of embracement and shame and some other stuff all together.

“here, towels” their mom bragged inside the bathroom with two feet towels in her hand “you should thank God that the ramyum wasn’t boiling or else you would have been in the hospital right now”

“I wonder whose fault it Is that the ramyun wasn’t hot” baekhyun reposted “If he let me eat it in peace then none of this would’ve happened!”.

Chanyeol wanted to defend himself when his mother interrupted him “enough, You two, I don’t want to hear any excuses, I want both of you in your rooms and asleep right this instant.

Chanyeol got up first and grabbed his towel, then dried his wet feet and took off to his room, soon after that baekhyun did the same, both of them trying to brighten their moods by thinking of a certain person, unknowingly that both of them were anticipating tomorrow for the same exact purpose.

 You may Call them childish, two college student fighting over some ramyun, but that was the ugly reality of chanyeol’s and baekhyun’s life, two grown men turn into children in a span of a second.

..................................................................................................................................................

hello everyone and welcome to my new chaptered chanbaek fanfiction, I hope you enjoy reading it and I wish it makes you feel smile when you read it. this chapter was a sort of an introduction to what's the story going to be like so I hope you like it.

  p.s: this fanfiction's tittle is inspired by the youtuber joe santagato's series " idiots of the internet”.