final

Concert Date

It was a common knowledge that concert dates are made for both the 94 lines of the group. It comes with the fact that they both enjoy the same music, it’s not like the oldest doesn’t share the same sentiment, but concert dates are just a thing Wendy and Seulgi usually does. With countless of concerts, with or without the knowledge of the public, has been spent together and a thousand more list of concerts that they decided to go together.

 

“Seul, are we still on later?” Seungwan asked whilst perfecting her knifing skills on the carrots they’re going to use for lunch. Joohyun’s ears immediately perks up at the conversation about to start.

 

“Ummm…” Seulgi stutters as she looks at Seungwan and Irene. She sighs, she really wanted to go to Urban Zakapa’s concert. She and Wendy has been talking about it nonstop since Yoona gave them tickets. Yoona was supposed to go with Yuri but their schedules somehow manage to get mix and suddenly they’re both unavailable.

 

“Actually…” Seulgi starts to say as she walks to the kitchen about to drop the saddest news Seungwan would hear…and the saddest news she’ll ever say. She sighs again because she doesn’t really want to miss the concert and she’s been looking forward to actually spending some time with Wendy because they haven’t hanged out for a while now and she misses her bestfriend more that she’ll admit to herself, to Wendy, to Irene, to the other girls and the whole wordl.

 

“I promised Sooyoung and Yerim I’d take them to the escape room I frequent.” She looks at Wendy almost pleading for her to believe this lie.

 

“Did you forget our date?” Seungwan pouts and Seulgi wants to die at right there and then and the she sees a glimpse of Joohyun and thought about it for a second.

 

“Yeah. I’m sorry.” Seulgi said halfheartedly and Seulgi sighs again for the 3rd time. Joohyun owes her big for this one.

 

“It’s okay. Guess, I had to tell Yoona unnie that won’t be able to go.” Seungwan pouts further but smiles nonetheless. She really wants to see Urban Zakapa live and sing her heart out to every song they’re going to perform but Seulgi’s not going and that means she won’t be able to see them live. She doesn’t want to go alone in a concert.

 

“Won’t be able to go?” Seulgi panics and looks at Joohyun for help. Joohyun needs to step in anyway as she’s the only reason why Seulgi is not going anyway.

 

“Seriously, just give me this one.” Joohyun raised her eyebrows at her.

 

“Unnie! We haven’t had the chance to hang out and now you want to steal her away from me?” Seulgi argues.

 

“You guys share the same room! You have plenty of time to catch-up!” Joohyun glares as if Seulgi’s word doesn’t even make sense.

 

“You are always in the same room with us! She’s my bestfriend you know!” Seulgi tries to guilt trip Joohyun but really who is she kidding.

 

“She’s my girlfriend just in case you forgot!” Joohyun smirks and Seulgi’s shoulder drops at the statement.

 

“Why are you so jealous over the fact that we go to concert together? You weren’t like this before.” Seulgi demands and all of a sudden tired. She just wanted to hang out with her other bestfriend, Joohyun’s her bestfriend too but right now she’s blocking her to watch one of the best bands Korea ever see and she’s preventing her to spend time with Son Seungwan.

 

“I mean you and I go out too and I don’t recall Seungwan asking me to stop hanging out with you alone.” Seulgi tries to further argue hoping it kicks Joohyun in the head and let her have her time with Wendy without issue.

 

“You’re making me feel bad for asking you this.” Joohyun frowns.

 

“You should feel bad.” Seulgi says trying not to smirk as she feels her victory over this silly conversation.

 

“Its..just that she asked out and she didn’t even mention it to me.” Joohyun explains her side while she plays with the loose ends of her sweater and Seulgi wanted to cry for help. Why does she have to be in between the drama of her two bestfriends.

 

“You guys went to Jung Joon Il sunbaenim’s concert together.” Joohyun points out.


“You were feeling a little ill that’s why she went with me. She invited you first for that one!” Seulgi reasons though.

 

“You guys went to Taeyeon sunbaenim’s concert together too!” Joohyun deadpans.

 

“ITS BECAUSE YOU DIDN’T WANT TO GO!” Seulgi almost cries out this one.

 

“You know how she acts around Taeyeon unnie and you know that I don’t like sharing her!”

 

“She adores Taeyeon unnie and she’s head over heels for you. Good god!”

 

“I know but she has this stupid smile everytime she sees her!”

 

“I just wanted to point out that she has the stupidest smile plastered on her face everytime she’s with you or even just a mere mention of your name!”

 

“She likes Sooyoung too!”

 

“What the are you into now?!” Seulgi looks at her ready to cut her into pieces. She honestly feels like she need to bang her unnie’s head in the wall to realize how deeply in love and whipped Son Seungwan is for her.

 

“Seriously Seul…just don’t go this time. I swear I’ll make it up to you! I swear the next concert she wants to attend, I’ll let you third wheel!”

 

“huh” That was the last thing Seulgi get to say because when Bae Joohyun decided, that’s final…no buts.

 

“I can come with you…if you want me too?” Joohyun offers not really looking at Wendy as she somehow feels embarrassed about suggesting and Seulgi rolls her eyes at her.

 

“I’ll let you guys sort this out. The drama I’m watching is about to start.” Seulgi announces and looking at Irene with conviction of how much the older girl owes her for this.

 

When Seulgi left the kitchen, she someone took the comfortable banter with her and Joohyun feels sad as she overthinks that maybe Seungwan doesn’t really want her to go with her. Is it bad for to want to spend more time with Wendy? Doesn’t she have the girlfriend rights to selfishly claim of Seungwan as she’s hers and vice versa?

 

“That’s weird. I thought she really wanted to see them live.” Seungwan break the inner monologue happening in Joohyun’s head.

 

“She’s been blabbering about wanting to spend time together, but she forgets about it and make different plan all together.” Seungwan continues sadness very evident in her voice and Joohyun’s feels guilty. She doesn’t want Wendy to be sad because of the mischief she did.

 

“Are you mad at her?” Joohyun asks though Seungwan doesn’t really get mad at people even when they do bad things at her like give her bangs the ugliest style the world have to see. She usually just takes everything in like the good-hearted person that she is.

 

“No. But I guess I’m sad. I was looking forward to hanging out with her too.” Seungwan says with a smile this time.

 

“Don’t worry about it. I’ll just stay in for the night or something.” Seungwan says as she drops the freshly cut carrots on the pot of soup she’s making. Now Joohyun really feels guilty because she’s making look as Seulgi doesn’t care about what Wendy feels and most importantly she’s making the most important person in her life sad because of her own lying.

 

“I have a confession to make.” Joohyun said as she hugs the younger girl and bury her shameless self at the crook of Wendy’s neck.

 

“You smell nice.” She suddenly said when settles on Wendy’s warmth. She didn’t get to see it but Wendy was grinning at the way she clings and how random she is being.

 

“Is that your confession?” Wendy giggles and plants a kiss on the top of Joohyun’s head.

 

“You smell nice too.” As she plants another kiss but this time on the older girl’s cheeks. And she can’t help but grin at how crimson Joohyun’s cheeks are being after she kissed it.

 

“I’m sorry Wan.” Joohyun finally says and every word flutters on Wendy’s neck and younger feels sudden shiver on her spine…a good shiver.

 

“I asked Seulgi to ditch you, so I can tag along.” Joohyun explains with that Wendy breaks their hug.

 

“You what?!” She asked confused and her eyes about to pop out of their sockets.

 

“Because I wanted to spend some time with you too but you didn’t ask me but you asked her. Sometimes it makes me think that you want to be with her more than you wanted to be with me.” Joohyun explains and she doesn’t know how but Wendy’s eyes get bigger.

 

“Hyun-ah” Seungwan softens because they went through this conversation multiple times together

 

“I love you.” Seungwan says and pulls Joohyun back on her arms again.

 

“I was really going to ask you to come with me. Of course you’re my first choice. You will always be. But I figured you wanted to rest instead? You guys have to go to Super Junior sunbaemin’s concert tomorrow right? And we have practice before that too.” Seungwan smiles as she explains her side.

 

“I love you too and you’re always my first choice too.” Joohyun as she plants as soft kiss on the corner of Wendy’s lips.

 

“I love you for thinking of me all the time, but next time ask me first okay? I really want to experience all these things with you.”

 

“I promise. I will” Seungwan smiles that one smile that Seulgi considers stupid cause its only directed to their Joohyun unnie and it’s the same smile Joohyun loves so much.

 

“DOES THAT MEAN I CAN GO WITH WAN AT THE CONCERT ALREADY?” Seulgi shouts from the living room.

 

“OF COURSE NOT! ITS OUR DATE NIGHT!” Joohyun answers with so much vigor that Wendy can’t help but laugh.

 

“Date night ha?” Seungwan teasingly asked.

 

“I don’t kiss on concert date nights.” Joohyun challenges.

 

“I bet you don’t.” Seungwan said as she kisses a little deeper than the one they shared earlier.

 

“No…ac..actually..I…I do” Joohyun says in between the kiss and Seungwan can’t help but pull the older girl closer to her.