Friends, Exes, Weddings, and Other Things

Friends, Exes, Weddings, and Other Things

Searching through the crowd, Rosé frowned when she couldn’t find Kurt anywhere. They’d agreed to stick together in hopes of avoiding their exes but Kameron had disappeared almost as soon as they arrived at the church. And Barkley was also nowhere to be found. It didn’t take a genius to figure out that they were together and Rosé was on her own. That was fine. She didn’t need a buffer between her and Daeshim. She could handle it. She’d just tell him that she just wanted to be friends with him and that’s all.

Rosé scoffed at herself. That wouldn’t work. She meant it when she said she didn’t want to be with Finn but she knew he wouldn’t believe her. Whenever they were apart, that was when he decided he wanted her back. Whenever she had another guy paying the slightest bit of attention to her, that was when Daeshim knew they were meant to be. And yes, she and Brody weren’t that serious. She liked him, he was sweet and they definitely had chemistry. But she wasn’t in love with him. It was just fun. Even if she wasn’t sure she was made for a casual relationship. But that didn’t mean she wanted Finn again.

Shaking her head, Rosé resolved to stop thinking about her love life. She was here for Mr. Smith’s wedding. She wasn’t going to let her love life ruin what was supposed to be a good time. She hadn’t seen most of her friends since she’d left for New York. It would be good to catch up. As she had the thought, Rosé spotted Yeri at the entrance of the church. She was about to call out to her when Samantha ran over to her. Yeri bent her head, allowing Samantha to whisper into her ear. They looked awfully intimate. Rosé wondered why they looked so close. She bit her lip, confused about why it bothered her so much. Yeri was allowed to have friends. In fact, Yeri and Samantha had known each other longer than she had known either of them. Some Metro North tickets didn’t mean that she and Yeri were best buddies.

Rosé forced those judgments from her mind. She didn’t want to be bitter and jealous. She wanted to be happy for Mr. Smith. Everything else could wait for a while. She wouldn’t ruin this day.

———————–

Yeri followed Samantha into the church, sliding into a pew next to her. “Why are we even here? Mr. Smith barely liked either of us. I doubt he’d miss us if we hadn’t come.”

“I don’t know about you but you know exactly why I’m here.” Samantha’s eyes locked on Silver and Bethany sitting a few pews ahead of them.

“I know all about your plans.” Yeri rolled her eyes at the predatory look on Samantha’s face. “But do you really want to interfere in their relationship? I thought you wanted Bethany to be happy.”

“I do but she wasn’t supposed to be serious with someone else so soon,” Samantha

said sullenly.

“Shouldn’t you have thought of that before you broke up with her?”

“Shut up!” Samantha snapped.

“Sorry. That was unnecessary,” Yeri said, hoping to pacify Samantha. The last thing she needed was for her to go all Lima Heights on her.

“Whatever. Your job is to distract Trouty Mouth when I get Bethany alone.”

“I never agreed to that,” Yeri protested. She definitely didn’t need any more drama in her life.

“Hey, maybe you’ll get lucky and he’ll drown his sorrows in you. Those enormous lips of his ought to be good for something.” Samantha laughed.

“Uh, no. I’m not interested in Silver.”

“Fine. Help me out and then go back to Yale. What’s your problem anyway? Did you and your professor break up? Did he go back to his wife?”

“Yeah, we broke up,” Yeri admitted, hating the superior look on Samantha’s face. “And I’m over it but I’m not going to hook up mindlessly.”

“Why not? Maybe you’ll dislodge the stick from your .” Samantha cackled.

“You’re asking me for a favor and insulting me at the same time. Maybe that’s not the smartest idea in the world,” Yeri said. She glanced around, her words dying in when she spotted Rosé sitting down at the front of the church. God, she was so beautiful.

“Hmm. Maybe you’re searching for love in the wrong place.” Samantha smirked.

“What?” Yeri tore her gaze away from Rosé, frowning at the look on Samantha’s face.

“You’ve always been obsessed with Park. I assumed it was jealously but you want her.”

“No,” Yeri said quickly.

“You do.” Samantha shook her head in amusement. “I always knew you were into that but I figured you’d repress your desire for sweet lady kisses until after you were married and had popped out a few kids.”

“Drop it, Samantha.” Yeri looked down at her hands.

“It’s okay, Yeri. The hobbit’s gotten hotter since graduation.”

“It hardly matters. She doesn’t see me like that.” Yeri closed her eyes. Why did she just say that? Samantha would never let it go.

“So you do want to get you’re your sweet lady kisses on?” Samantha asked.

“Fine, yes. But like I said, she doesn’t want me like that.” Yeri looked at Samantha awkwardly. “Happy now?”

“Look, she always was a little fixated on you,” Samantha said softly. “Maybe-”

“No.” Yeri shook her head, unwilling to let her hopes rise. She’d already been let down when Rosé never came to see her at Yale.

“But-”

“Drop it, Samantha, or I’ll tell Silver your plans for his girlfriend.” Yeri took one last look at Rosé before turning to glare at Samantha.

“Okay, okay,” Samantha muttered. “It was stupid to think about anyway. Your combined crazy would probably cause the apocalypse.”

“Funny.” Yeri sighed.

--------------------------

Read the rest on my BlackVelvet Tumblr blog! It's called BlackVelvetShipShots. Here is the url: https://blackvelvetshipshots.tumblr.com/. Enjoy!