i hold a banner for you (but it's upside down)

i hold a banner for you (but it's upside down)

On her first night back in New York, Jisoo and Seulgi end up discussing .

It’s after Chin-Mae and Bong’s more-than-a-little depressing, Welcome Back, Jisoo!, party has wound down and everyone—meaning Dae, Eunae, and Gi—have gone home to bed.

But Seulgi is still there.

Bong and Chin-Mae had insisted she stay the night, rather than traveling the two hours back to her “empty” and “lonely” New Haven apartment.

Jisoo had called her when she’d been packing the things up in her hotel room a few days ago, telling Seulgi that she missed her—she was sorry for letting them go so long without speaking and would she like to meet for coffee sometime soon?

Seulgi was simultaneously unsurprised and disappointed that she immediately jumped on the offer without really considering the ramifications.

She winces now, sitting on the couch beside Jisoo, remembering how eager her, “Yeah, definitely,” had sounded.

So, of course, she’d shown up when Chin-Mae invited her over for dinner and copious amounts of alcohol, offering up his and Bong’s couch for a bed in return for helping get some of Jisoo’s belongings into the spare bedroom.

And, sure, the train ride was long and Seulgi’s back was now aching—that quiet, dense ache that often inhabits her muscles when she stands or sits too long or strains herself.

But Jisoo had said, “Seulgi!” when she’d seen her and hugged her with her arms around her neck and it was more than worth it.

They’d spent the night speaking quietly to one another, catching up, explaining distances or gaps in communication. Apologizing.

It wasn’t as heavy as it should have been, though, because Jisoo kept laughing and Seulgi kept making jokes to make her laugh and Seulgi had thought that, after everything with Jisoo’s Broadway debut and then the television show, she might never have the chance to reconcile this relationship.

She’s just glad she was wrong.

Jisoo had said, “I really missed you, Seulgi,” and Seulgi hadn’t wasted any time returning the sentiment—though hers was laced with some deeper feeling that she hoped Jisoo wasn’t able to pick up on.

It was all completely normal conversation, but Jisoo is on her fourth beer of the evening and Chin-Mae and Bong disappeared into their bedroom some time ago, and now that they’re alone, Jisoo must be feeling frisky.

She takes a long pull from her beer—Seulgi hadn’t even known  Jisoo liked beer—and sighs, leaning back against the couch cushions.

“I haven’t had in so long.”

Seulgi stiffens in her seat beside the other woman.

---------------------------------------

Read the rest on my BlackVelvet Tumblr blog! It's called BlackVelvetShipShots. Here is the url: https://blackvelvetshipshots.tumblr.com/. Enjoy!