tasting the ocean

tasting the ocean

Lisa can’t quite describe the feeling that washes over her when Yeri kisses her. Yeri pulls her in, hands cupping her jaw, and her lips are so soft, so gentle, Lisa feels herself give in. She leans into the soft pressure Yeri places against her lips, gasping out of shock. For once, Lalisa Manoban finds her breath, finds herself, and this calmness washes over her.

 It’s like that one time she went to the beach with her family. The ocean had bigger and harsher waves than what she had ever felt before. HaeWon had pulled her out too far, she was treading the water where her sister was just able to stand on her tippy toes. Lisa wanted to go back to shore, anxiety filling her lungs because she was growing tired and the shore seemed too far away.

 And then a wave came and pushed Lisa under. She tumbled and twirled against the force, a whooshing sound filling her ears. Then just as the wave passes, it’s quiet and calm, and the anxiety leaves her. Lisa feels like she could live under the water forever, if only she was able. It was just so peaceful, a contrast to her destructive household and controlling mother.

  HaeWon pulls her up, head now above the water and Lisa can hear her mother yelling at them to come back in, ruining the fun they were having in the water. Lisa wants to go back to that calmness, ducking her head back under the water where nothing exists anymore and chase that feeling. It’s ironic that the only time she’s reminded of that feeling is kissing Yeri.

 And Lisa just wants to keep kissing Yeri.

 Her heart is jumping erratically in her chest when Yeri pulls away, her thoughts already racing. Yeri gives her that small and all knowing smile before turning back to HyunJae. Lisa can’t tear her eyes away from Yeri, sparing a glimpse at her red lips. She turns back to face HyunJae, covering to wipe off the smear of lipstick, hiding her smirk when Yeri defends her.

 Everything just feels right and that lasts for all of two seconds. Of course, it all goes to , because of course it does, she lives in Seoul after all.

  Yeri kisses Iseul and Lisa desperately wishes it was her that was in the closet playing seven minutes in heaven. Not so that she could kiss Iseul, because that was so last week and that crush has passed and turned into a more grateful kind of love for the boy next door. No, she’s jealous because she’s the one that’s not kissing Yeri.

 There’s no reason to really be mad at Yeri but she is and she takes her frustration out on her.

  Lisa bites back by offering mani-pedi’s to HyunJae, inviting her over to her home afterwards. HyunJae is flirty and Lisa’s wondering what she’s doing with someone she despised last week, with HyunJae straddling her lap as she applies lipstick, thumb wiping the corner of her lips. As Lisa looks up into HyunJae’s dark eyes, she can’t help but notice how wrong it all feels.

 And then Jii kisses her and she pulls back almost immediately. If the possibility of kissing HyunJae, with her soft curves and pouty lips, felt wrong then she feels nothing when she kisses Jii. These people are not who she wants to kiss, doesn’t want to feel their lips on hers or their hands on her body, she only wants Yeri and that feeling of calmness she brings.

  Lisa throws herself into finding HaeWon, because if she can’t have Yeri then she needs to keep herself busy and distracted. She feels herself falling apart at the edge, her carefully woven together persona fraying.

 And of course it’s Yeri who pieces her back together.

------------------------------

Read the rest on my BlackVelvet Tumblr blog! It's called BlackVelvetShipShots. Here is the url: https://blackvelvetshipshots.tumblr.com/. Enjoy!