Part 1

Pocket Watch

PART 1

‘Argh!!,’ Sehun shrieked as his ear abruptly harsh pulled.

‘What do you thing I am? Just some kind of a street lamp that you can bump onto whatever you want?’ Luhan pulled Sehun’s ear higher.

‘U-uh. Sorry- ‘ He mumbled unable to speak clearly.

‘U-uh. Sorry…’ He was mimicking Sehun. ‘Such dishonorable!  You make my phone fall into a sewer!’ While he let go Sehun‘s ear. ‘Take the phone now! With your own bare hand! ’  

Sehun obeyed him unable to taking anymore risk. It is better just to follow what he said. Sehun started to take off his expensive shoes and jump into the sewer.

‘What’s your name?’ He asked Sehun while stuck his head on the entrance to the sewer.

‘Sehun. Oh Sehun.’

‘look. You seem reliable though. I don’t think you need to take my phone down there in the deep water. But there is an important thing inside it. I want. You. To. Help. Me. Find. Something. Deal! You are qualified as my assistant. Our next step is to find another clue since the clue that I’ve got was vanish with my phone. Now get up!’

‘What if I don’t want?’

‘Do you want to find my phone in the stinky sewer’

‘No.’

‘So follow my lead!’

‘ugh.’

. . .

The discussion started after that day, in the café. Luhan said another clue was hard to get than the clue that he got, and the puzzle also had a lot more easier. Sehun’s dozed of after a long discussion. 

‘And I need your blood to get inside the cave.’ Sehun startled by a sudden noise.

‘You need my what?’ while wiping his drooling saliva on his cheek.

Luhan think if the tell Sehun that he want his blood, he will be afraid to come with him. It’s a relief that he dozed.

‘I need your cooperation.’ 

‘Uh, I thought I heard ‘blood’ ‘

‘in your dream. Yeah.’

‘yeah, probably… so what are we going to do next?’

‘I need you to find about an island named Veela island.’

‘U-uh, never heard that name before…’

‘we need to find the map. I think the old library still saving some kind of old maps about islands and the information.’

‘I’m sorry to interrupt, what the heck is the thing that you really want to find, until we need to go into a cave in the some kind of unknown island that we about to find?’

‘Oh. I forgot to tell you that. It is a pocket watch.’

Sehun suddenly standup and packed his things.

‘Where are you going’ Luhan asked with his serious face.

‘I don’t want to waste my time on something rubbish.’

‘Ya! Are you crazy! How dare your dirty mouth said that pocket watch is ‘something rubbish’ That pocket watch has its own specialty and it is valuable. It will worth until 5000 million US dollar. That I think we should share the prices. Or you can take back my phone because the memory card probably still working. ’ Sehun’s mouth was in wide open after heard how much money they will get after they had the pocket watch.

Sehun stop packing and sit down again. Luhan rubbed his face with his hand showed that he was relief. If not, it will be hard for him to find another human. Luhan was lied about the money. But he was sure his boss will give him something more valuable than the money. Maybe something to do with power.

They continue their weird journey to the old library. Instead of using car, they have to walk using their feet through an unknown village. The alley was narrow and the buildings were very tall. Sehun is wonder how did the people in this village live in this crowded building.

There was no colour on the buildings; all of it was in gray. There is no sense of human in this village. But there is cloth hanging outside of the window. Dim light from the sun pass through the road. There is no street lamp either, which is why they need to get back before it was sun down. When Sehun think back, the village is look like a vampire village, which made Sehun shiver ran down his spine.

When they reach the darker part, a gang of hooded figure suddenly surrounded them. Sehun started to get panic. Luhan made a sudden move. He move like a real warrior in the air; he stabbed the pointy wooden to all of the hooded figure’s heart. All of the hooded figure turned into dust. ‘vampire,’ Luhan said right after he killed all of them. Sehun can’t do anything but standing there thinking this is probably a dream and hoping it will be over.

Finally they arrived in front of an only coloured building; orange. It was pretty huge and tall, about 30 floors. A huge notice board hung on the wall that read ‘Barmaney library’. The sign on the half glass door said ‘open’ knocked by Luhan and he mumbled something that Sehun doesn’t know. Sehun’s eyes become bigger as he saw the door open by itself. The door not even looked like a modern door. But he doesn’t care. What he wants is money.

15 foot tall book shelves filled every side of the places. The wall of the building was round. There was no floor in the middle of the building that you can see at the top of the building with transparent roof for the light to pass through. There’s only had floor on every side for each floor to put the shelves and place for people to sit. 4 leaders on each side. Every floor has its own section. There is no electricity, they only used candle. Candle is everywhere.

An old man with bald in the middle of his head, sitting in the middle of the doughnut shaped table. He was reading a book named ‘crimes’. Luhan asked the old man where the maps section is. But the real bad here was the old man told the maps section was on the topmost floor because no one find for maps for ages. Sehun and Luhan looked at each other, then to the topmost floor. It was very high to climb. It must be very exhausted to go all the way to the top, and they might be camping there just to find the map. Luhan lead the way and Sehun followed from his back. Before he climb, he was taking a deep breath and then climb for the leader.

Sehun stated to feel strange and surprise. After climbing for 20 minutes in the middle of the way, he was not even feeling tired. It’s like it was still on the first floor. 

Finally they reach for the topmost of the floor for after another 20 minutes. Sehun looked at Luhan to ask why they’re not even feeling tired to climb all the way up here. But Luhan give him no reacton.

Hour after hour, they’re not even found one. They started to feel tired and decides to take a nap.

. . .

The clock ticking to 6 o’clock. It was nearly night, but they still sleeping. The old man curious about them and had the feeling that it will be hard for them to go home in the dark alley that full with vampire.

‘What are you two looking for?’ the old man voice from bellow echoing through the building wakes them both. Then they realize that they have been waste their time and decide to ask to the old man. It was more easier to go down then climbing because there is a pole.

‘It’s Veela island.’ Luhan answered after they reach the ground. The old man suddenly laughing, startled them both, echoing loudly in the library.

‘y-you two will be never come back once you go there-‘ He continue his laugh.

‘Please… it is really important.’ Luhan pleased him.

‘well… not for me.’ Sehun continued.

‘Ouh, shut up!’ Luhan trow back.

‘Don’t you know why is that island called like that?’ the old man’s turn to asked.

Well, I know what is Veela but I don’t think- ‘

‘yeah! You’ve got the point son!’ the old man interrupts. ‘There-is-wild-veela.’

‘What is veela?’ Sehun asked. He felt that he lost. Everyone looking at him, giving him the poker face. No one answered him and continue their conversation.

‘just tell me where it is, we can handle this.’ Luhan said again.

‘it is very dangerous for young people, like you both, and the island is not in the map.’

‘Liar! It will attract fat old bald like you too okay! You can’t control it!’ Luhan protested, Veela can attract all people with their voice and beautiful figures. Veela only consist of girl.

Luhan had try everything to persuade the old man but he still refused to tell. Finally, Luhan took out something from his jacket. It was a light blue crystal, glowing in his arm as he took it out.

‘It’s the magic stone! It is to heal all kind of disease! I-I can cure my daughter with this!’ tears started to fell from his eyes.

‘Not until you tell us where is the Veela Island.’

‘*sob* Philippine. Alferio Candy Shop, at the back of it, tap 3 times, then 4 times, then 2 times, while saying ‘Ho! Ho! Ho!’ ‘

‘Are you kidding? It’s not even Christmas.’ Sehun interrupt. He still confused but afraid to ask. 

The next day, they packed their things and ready to take a flight to Philippine. After they arrive, they booked a hotel and finding for the Alferio Candy shop. It was very hard for them to find the place because of the difference language. Luhan seem Luhan is not even good in English. Luhan only depend on Sehun to translate it to him, and finally they found the can shop near the deserted village. 

At the back of the shop Luhan tap the wall and said the word just like the old man said. The wall started to swirled around and create a hole in the middle of it. Before they enter the place, Luhan give Sehun the earmuff and the black fabric.

‘What is this for?’ Sehun asked.

‘Just wear it’ Luhan shoved the things to him. ‘Tied this fabric on your eyes. This is how we deal with Veela. Hold my hand and we will run together.’ And Luhan ready to pulled Sehun’s hand.

‘Wait! What is Veela? And why do I have to close my eyes?’

‘Trust me you, will regret it if you look at them.’

Sehun obeyed him and put the earmuff and tied the fabric on his eyes and ready to run. Sometime Luhan thinking why did he chose Sehun as his assistant.

‘Who are you, really?’ But there is no answered from Luhan.

They started to run as fast as they can. Luhan was running so fast that made Sehun was nearly stumbled.

‘Wait! Slow down! I will fall!’ When Sehun shout that, Sehun can feel they’ve have been followed. He can feel someone try to reach them but they can’t.

Suddenly something grabbed his hand. The grip was to strong. Sehun’s hand with Luhan slipped away, Sehun shouted as his hand dragged so fast, far away from Luhan. He struggle to let go, but he had no more energy. His back hurt by the furiously dragged away. He taught no one will help him. This will be his last to live. He never thinking this will be how he die. He will be eaten by this monster.

Any minutes later, after have been dragged, someone punch at the monster. Luhan pulled Sehun away and pulled the fabric from Sehun’s eyes. A sudden light come through Sehun’s eyes made him clutched his eyes.

Finally, they arrive in front of the cave but the entrance had been blocked. Sehun didn’t believe Luhan helped him. Suddenly he felt his hand had been sliced. He shouts in agony. Luhan pulled Sehun’s hand and dripped the blood on the huge stone. He then wrapped Sehun’s hand with bandage.  

‘What are you doing!’

‘To open the door, it need human blood.’

‘You’re not human?!’

Their conversation interrupted as the huge rock that blocking the entrance shaken. The entrance to the then opened. There is green lake and lots of long and pointy stone on the lake and surround the wall of the cave, that it can fall whenever it want.

‘How are we going to pass through this?’ Sehun asked.

‘They must be a way.’

Luhan started to knocked on every wall, maybe there is a secret passage. Sehun began to look around and then spotted something. A hidden rope hides behind of lots of small rocks pulled by him. A rope was hung on the wall to the wall came from the top to the other side of the cave and there is a wooden chair hanging on the rope.

‘Maybe this is the way?’

Luhan reach for the wooden chair and said, ‘I think there is enough room for both of us to sit.’ He said in serious voice.

‘Wouldn’t it will fall?’ Luhan never answer.

They then slide across the lake. After that they continue their journey in the cave. There was another entrance to an alley. The alley was rocky narrow.

A minute later, the room they entered was filled with bright light. They can’t see each other. Then suddenly a voice came out from somewhere.

‘What are you looking for?’

‘ We’re looking for something important- ‘

‘The Pocket Watch?’ the voice interrupt Luhan. ‘if you want to reach something reach for it but don’t touch it.’

The silence once again filled the room. Sehun started to feel bored. They was on their way now. He was not even got what the voice even said. On the other side, Luhan’s job to protect Sehun from Veela is done. It was a relief for him. It is left with to solve the clue and find for the Pocket watch.

Before Luhan get what the voice said, Sehun saw something hanging even though it is in the bright light. It seem this things is brighter than the bright light. 

‘IT’S THE POCKET WATCH!!’ Sehun shouted.

‘DON’T TOUCH IT!!’ Before Luhan shout it, Sehun already touch the Pocket Watch.

The light surrounding the place began to dimmer. Below Sehun began to create a big hole. The place started to shake. Sehun slowly fall into the hole.

Luhan run toward him and grabbed Sehun’s hand, but the pressure keep pulling Sehun’s down. Luhancan’t endured it and they both fell into the hole and spin, never going to know when will it stop.


TO BE CONTINUED………..