Two

Worship

When he opened his eyes the next morning, the first thing that welcomed him were the warm sunrays shining through the window. After squinting his eyes for some time, he reached his hand to the bedside table for his phone. 8 AM. Minho didn’t even blink before he put the phone back and decided to close his eyes and change position.

“… Eeek!” He jumped from fright. What was that? His hand just touched something on the other side of the bed. His closed eyes ever so slowly opened in fear. Did someone trespass? But why would they lay on his bed then?

“…” Speechless. He was utterly and totally speechless. Was he still dreaming? Why was he looking at his own handsome and bewitching face? He searched around to find anything wrong or just something that would explain him what is going on but obviously nothing of such appeared.

“Let’s take a breath and calm down.” Minho rationalized, “Let’s think properly.”

Maybe he was still dreaming? He quickly and mercilessly slapped his cheek, once twice and when he hit the third time, tears escaped his eyes. That hurts like a , he thought. Okay, so it’s not a dream, then.

He once again brought his attention to his body that was lying on the bed. It’s not dead, right? Not being able to rid himself of worrying, he tremblingly raised his hand and touched his own body which was unconscious. With big puffs of breath and trembling hand, he finally touched it. It was warm, peacefully breathing, as if sleeping. He let out the breath he didn’t know he was holding and his trembling also calmed a little, albeit not fully.

“What the hell is going on?” Minho stared at his sleeping body and then went on to inspect the one he was now occupying. He looked down at his hands which were fatter and smaller than his own ones. His eyes then slid down to his legs and stomach, both of which were quite bigger than he remembered them to be. After a moment of staring disbelievingly, he finally touched his face carefully. His cheeks were a little bulging, his lips thin and rough, his chin not pointy like his own was, his nose big, wide and slightly longer than he recalled his to be, his eyes seemed to be more apart and his eyelashes short and thin. His eyebrows seemed to be unattended, as they were hairy and grown together, his forehead also wider.

Reaching his hair, they were greasy and seemed to be very unhealthy overall. His hands became a little oily, his nose scrunched a bit and he finally stood up to go wash them. However, that wasn’t that easy because his centre of balance was absolutely different, and after he wobbled for a moment, he finally seemed to find it. Carefully, step after another, he walked to the bathroom that was few metres away.

Upon reaching it, he very hesitantly stepped inside, ready to face the mirror. When his eyes landed on his new face, the reflection showed the shocked him. His face totally unfamiliar, he touched it over and over, as if still in disbelief.

“Did my wish get granted?”

Forgetting about what he wanted to do, he stared at his image in the mirror for some time before he realized another thing, he grew shorter. The body now was at least one head shorter than his real one. He still couldn’t fully believe that he really became ugly like he had wished, as he started to inspect his new body. He also for the first time realized he was fully , and his sight slightly blurry.

After few minutes of trying to accept what he was just experiencing, he decided to first shower and find some clothes after. While struggling a little in the shower with the centre of balance that he still fully didn’t master, he was finally done after some half an hour.

Then, he tried to search for some clothes that this body would be able to wear, since it was way shorter and fatter than the clothes he usually wore. It wasn’t hard to find some older shirt, as it fit quite well, albeit being a little tighter than it should. What was hard was underwear and pants, since he was skinny and liked wearing pants slightly tighter, it was a chore to finally find some that were looser.

After that, he looked at his still sleeping body and decided to sit down and think about the situation he was now in. Not fully understanding the principle of when he would wake up and be his normal self, and when his new one, he decided to observe a little. Thankfully he had some days before he had school so he didn’t have to worry about that. After a moment of thinking, he decided to write down what he had to buy for this body after changing back to his own, since he couldn’t go out like this.

Glasses, clothes, shampoo for damaged hair, sneakers and other things. After everything was written, he put it inside his wallet and decided to do the final clean-up for now.

Feeling tired in no moment, he realized this body lacked in stamina. After cleaning some more, he thought he’d take a break and sat on the couch, turning on the TV as he mindlessly watched while his mind wandered. After a while, he fell asleep with the drama sounds as the background.

•◘•

When Minho woke up he heard the sounds of the TV, as he sluggishly sat up. He was back in his room and bed now, alone. Was it just a dream, he thought confused. Looking around and finding it without the boxes he left there the day before, Minho sprang from the bed and dashed to the living room, the drama still playing. The new body was sleeping there peacefully, but seemed a little uncomfortable. Minho stared at it for a while before he turned the TV off and went closer to the couch that acted as a temporary bed for the body.

Without thinking about it much, Minho crouched and put his hands below the body and tried to lift it. Failing at first, he attempted again, this time painstakingly lifting the body. Quickly carrying it into the bedroom to lay it onto the bed so when he woke up in it again later, it wouldn’t be sore all over.

After making sure it was comfortable, he went to take a shower as he didn’t yesterday. Though, it felt like he had two showers today, the bodies were different so this body was sticky from the sweat from the day before. Changing into some clothes quickly, he grabbed his wallet and keys before leaving to do shopping for the new body.

•◘•

When he returned, already three hours passed and he was exhausted. First of all, he had to find the shops in a place he didn’t know and then get through the flock of people that he hadn’t experienced before. This city was way bigger than the small town he had lived in. Never did he see so many people at once, the mall place one would get lost in even if he was there dozen of times.

Quickly grabbing few clothes that seemed to fit his new body, he paid and left, going into another shop, buying glasses this time. Not knowing if they would be okay, he grabbed just one cheaper, leaving and letting the new body buy better ones later. Shampoo and one pair of shoes he wasn’t sure were a perfect fit. He would have to go back in the new body later, too.

He also grabbed few things for himself now and some other things, all of which took around two hours. Before he arrived and finally found the right exit on his way out another few minutes passed, making the trip around three hours long.

He dropped the bags on the floor and decided to take the boxes out before taking a break and going to search for some job. Finding few, he took notes of it and went to make something for lunch, starving now. While cooking, he thought about how the bodies changed and what did it mean for him.

“Sleeping?” Coming to realization that both times they changed, it was because he fell asleep, he thought out-loud. He’d have to test it after eating, he thought determined.

•◘•

After few days, he came to a conclusion. His soul was awake without needing to sleep, while his bodies changed. He was elated the first few days but later found it exhausting. First of all, he had too much time, and second, he missed the feeling of sleeping on the comfortable bed.

He decided to use the new body for school, and found job in the convenience store at night shift with his normal one. He’d start there the same day as his school would.


Here is the promised second chapter. Don't know when I'll feel like writing again, so wait patiently, please!

Hope you're coping okay and if you need someone to talk to, feel free to hit me up.

Until next time, bye! <3 *waves*