Stupid

Fool

Irene was everything. She had the ability to make people stutter. But how can anyone blame her, she was born like this.

So beautiful.

 

It was a cold day when Seulgi went to the pharmacy to pick up her first ever prescription since she has become independent, an adult, her mother would say.

She didn't know it would be this hard to ask for the prescription for vitamin D her doctor had prescribed her. Doctor Kim Taeyeon had told her, she needs to go out more get some sun. But, being an art major she never has time to be outside. She wastes no time to go home from her class just to finish up the pending work her professors keep giving her. So it only makes sense that she would need to get vitamin D supplements now.
 

In this advanced society, everything is becoming online, so the doctor just sends the prescription for the medicines directly to the pharmacy.

 

Seulgi didn't know this pharmacy would have such a beautiful pharmacist working.   

Oh, how she wished she had researched a bit about this location. She chose this pharmacy only because it's close to her house. It wasn't like she knew that Irene, a goddess, works here.

 

Seulgi was cheerful when she went inside the pharmacy only to come out looking like a beetroot.

 

She had to just say her name and birthday to get the meds, a simple conversation that went so not like how it went in her mind.

 

 


 

Irene, the pharmacist, was counting the minutes until her shift ended. Not to mention she had to write a 20 page paper about the god-knows-what movie. It was a paper about a movie she watched in her film elective course. Thinking it would be an easy A for the class, a simple GPA booster, but god was she wrong.

The professor made her work twice the amount as her major classes. A film course shouldn't be that hard, where she has to write 20 pages paper.

There were only 20 minutes left for her shift. She knew she probably will only get one or two more customers till her shift ends.

 

She was busy with her thoughts when this girl looking so cheerful approached at the pick-up section.

 

 

Seeing the pharmacist with her cold, deep in thought face, Seulgi lost all her cheerfulness and was mesmerized by Irene’s beauty.

It was a first for Seulgi to find such an attractive woman working at a pharmacy on a Friday night, where she can just be at a club and enjoying herself.

 

Getting rid of her thoughts, Seulgi approached the girl and read her name tag.

 

Irene.

 

Beautiful name just like its owner.


 

 

Irene without looking at the customer, keeping the same face (she was tired from fake smiling all day trying to satisfy people) asked the now stunned girl if she was here to pick-up meds.

 

Seulgi, stuttering called out her name, “K-Kang Seulgi..”

“Can you spell it? K A N....?”

 

Seulgi shaking her emotions away spelled out her name really fast that Irene didn't catch it again.

 

Looking at Irene’s not so happy face, Seulgi already thought she messed up big time and tried to remain her composure as she spelled out her name, being extra slow this time.

 

“K.. a…. n….. g….. S..e..u..l..g..i..”

 

Irene being taken back by this girl’s, Seulgi, action, thinking why she was making a fool out of Irene. Obviously, Seulgi didn't have to act this way. Sure Irene didn't want to make an error of the girl’s name so she had asked for it, but this girl didn’t have to say it this way... Like Irene was a toddler.

 

Anger being prominent on Irene’s face, Seulgi knew she messed up big time.

Irene’s cold piercing tone didn’t go unheard when she asked Seulgi for her birthday.

“02-10-1994”

 

The rest of the conversation was cold and unwelcoming. Seulgi feeling embarrassed about her action thinking she made Irene mad, quietly paid for her prescription and left the store.

 

 

That night, Irene hated her job more than ever. And Seulgi cried like a fool for making a beautiful girl mad.