Chapter 1: The New Students

The Sun, The Moon and The Truth

The students in the classroom were really noisy. Everyone was in their group and talking away. No one even realized that their homeroom teacher was late for an hour. Only the class president was aware of the situation as he had been checking at the time on the clock every minute.

 

“Everyone!” he hit his table to get his classmates’ attention.

 

Everyone looked at him and gave their attention. They wondered why the class president had to do that.

 

“Do you realized that Ms Kwon is not here? It has been an hour!” he informed his classmates.

 

“Did you call her?”

 

“Is she on medical leave?”

 

“Have you checked with the other teachers?”

 

“Did you go to the staff’s room?”

 

“Why are you telling us about it now?”

 

His classmates began to express their concerns. The class president ended up getting all the blame for not taking initiative to look for Ms Kwon.

 

“Isn’t it everyone’s responsibility to care for your homeroom teacher? I’m truly disappointed with all of you,” Ms Kwon entered the classroom through the back door.

 

Everyone kept quiet as they felt ashamed of themselves. They were reflecting on their actions. Ms Kwon rarely expressed her disappointment to them. The students felt sorry for their favourite homeroom teacher.

__________

 

There was an awkward silence in the classroom. No one said anything. A sudden knock on the door made everyone alert. They had their attention on the door. Who could it be this time? Did Ms Kwon complain to her fiance, Mr Joo?

 

There were two unfamiliar people who entered the classroom. They were wearing the school’s uniform. Therefore, they are definitely not the new teachers that Ms Kwon had been talking about. The students looked at each other. They were lost. No one was informed about the two new classmates who would be joining them. The class president and vice president were not aware about it too. It might be the big surprise that Ms Kwon mentioned the previous day.

 

“We have two new students who will join us from today onward. Please introduce yourself,” Ms Kwon handed the time to the two of them.

 

The new students looked at each other. The male student said to the female student, “After you.”

 

The female student shook her head, “No... You first.”

 

“Okay,” the male student agreed. He seemed to understand the female student’s situation. She must have had stage fright and fear of meeting new people. She was also unable to look at him earlier while they were in the staff’s room.

 

“My name is Lee TaeYong. Please take care of me. Thank you,” the male student’s introduction was short. However, he looked confident.

 

“He’s good-looking!”

 

“Does he have a girlfriend?”

 

“Why does he look like a manhwa character?”

 

The girls in class commented. They were behaving like fangirls.

 

TaeYong nudged the female student beside him. It was her turn to introduce herself. She adjusted her glasses and looked at her new classmates for the first time. She was nervous. She felt like hiding under the teacher’s table. TaeYong nudged her again and smiled at her, “Fighting.”

 

“M-m-my n-n-name is Sh-Sh-Shin SooAh,” the female student stuttered as she introduced herself.

 

“What’s with her?”

 

“Does she think she’s cute by doing that?”

 

“How can she be so ugly?”

 

They were the same girls who commented about TaeYong. They changed from fangirls to anti-fans. The boys in class laughed as they thought the same too about the new girl.

 

SooAh sighed. She knew it would happen. Ugly had been her middle name since young.

 

TaeYong put his hand on SooAh’s shoulder, “Don’t worry. They don’t know our story yet. We’ll get through this together.”

 

TaeYong and SooAh knew each other’s story. That was the reason why they spent an hour and half in the staff’s room. Both of them were victims of injustice.

__________

 

“Taeyong and SooAh, you’ll be partners for now. Since you are new to our school’s environment, you’ll be seated here,” Ms Kwon showed two empty desks in front of the teacher’s desk.

 

“JiMin and MinJing, you are excused from attending the extra class today. You’ll be showing the new students around the school later,” she informed the class president and class vice president.

 

“Yes Ms Kwon!” JiMin and MinJing answered.

 

“As for the rest of you... I trust that you will take good care of TaeYong and SooAh,” she reminded her students.

 

“Yes Ms Kwon!” the students answered in unison.

 

“That’s all for now. I’ll see you after lunch. Please listen to your other teachers. Thank you,” Ms Kwon took her things and walked out of the classroom.

 

Everyone had their eyes focused on the two new students. They were curious about them. SooAh felt uncomfortable and insecure while TaeYong tried to ignore his surroundings.

 

The class vice president approached the both of them and gave them some candy, “Don’t bother about them. It’ll take time for us to get to know each other. You’ll get use to this class soon.”

 

“I’m Hwang MinJing, you class vice president. If you need anything, feel free to ask me or JiMin.We’ll help you as much as we can. Welcome to Senior Class 1-3,” she welcomed them.

 

“Park JiMin, you class president. If they treat you badly, tell me. I’ll deal with them personally,” he joined in.

 

TaeYong and SooAh looked at each other. It seemed like they were having a heart to heart conversation.

 

Why are these people so nice to me? It’s strange.

 

It means that they accept us here.

 

What if they find out about us?

 

Don’t worry... Our secrets are safe with Ms Kwon. We’ll go through this together.


Author's Note: 
Hello! I hope you enjoy the first chapter of The Sun, The Moon and The Truth. I appreciate a subscribe and I enjoy reading comments. Thank you for taking your time to read this fic. It means a lot to me.