Of Late-Nights and Explanations (pt.2)

The Wu Brothers (and Junmyeon)

WARNING

mentions of PTSD and death

(im sorry in advance)


It didn’t take much time until Yifan was knocking at his door.

The elder looked sick, with bags under his eyes; a 5’o Clock shadow that made him look like every bit of his age and more. Junmyeon didn’t hesitate to let him in, rushing into his kitchen with a short invitation to sit on the sofa. He wouldn’t say he was waiting a full week for an explanation, but he was. Seeing Sehun like that, hearing Sehun like that, gave him chills. The way Yifan had handled it like it happened often poked at him uncomfortably. He wanted to be able to be there, to help.

Junmyeon entered the living area with two cups filled with a recipe for tea that he learned. It was supposed to help with easing stress and with a hint of honey it officially became drinkable. He set the two cups down and sat next to a dejected Yifan who stared at his hands for a while; back slouched over as he rested his elbows on his knees. They sat there in silence until the taller sighed and cleared his throat as he straightened up.

“A-about last week,” His voice sounded dry, but he continued, “I think you deserve an explanation.”

Junmyeon frowned but waited for him to speak once more, “As you know, Sehun and I moved here from China but what you don’t know is what happened back home. What had happened to cause Sehun to be, uh, Sehun really and caused his mild case of PTSD.”

The smaller stiffened at the disorder. A child that small and that young with PTSD? He wanted to cry just at the thought but kept it together just enough to let Yifan speak.

“When Sehun was only 6 years old when our parents were killed in a home invasion. Cops said they found him outside the house, stained in our mother’s blood. She must have been trying to protect him but,” he took an intake of air; Junmyeon inched a bit closer to him, “but they got her at the door of his room. Our dad was at the stairs. Intruders left before the cops came but they caught them a few blocks away. I was only 24 when I lost my parents but gained my little brother. We never had a real relationship until now. Wasn’t always there but my parents made sure he knew who I was so when… w-when I when to the hospital to s-see him just…. shaken up.”

He finally turned to look at Junmyeon and the reflection of a broken heart stared back at the Kim. He immediately wrapped his arms around him. The taller let out a stream of tears as he held onto Junmyeon as if he was his last lifeline.

They stayed like that until Yifan cried himself to sleep. Junmyeon eased him off himself and slowly went to place a blanket on top of him. He walked halfway to his own room before he let his legs give in, falling to the ground with a choked sob.

He didn’t expect his own wounds to open back up again.